Skip to content

The Official   ?  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  ?  Sept  18

The Browns Board
816 43 23.6k 1
  • @bob806 said:

    He was also an idiot

    Well sure, but when your school doesn’t exactly crank out a lotta NFL superstars, that one stung a bit. And to be fair, we didn’t know he was an idiot at the time. We’re very smart typically. And modest. 

    For the record we drafted Kellen Winslow II that year, so we arguably did draft the sleazier sleazier dude from a school called Miami. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Well sure, but when your school doesn’t exactly crank out a lotta NFL superstars, that one stung a bit. And to be fair, we didn’t know he was an idiot at the time. We’re very smart typically. And modest. 

    For the record we drafted Kellen Winslow II that year, so we arguably did draft the sleazier sleazier dude from a school called Miami. 

    I knew he was an idiot before the draft lol. He grew up in Findlay, Oh and was a 49ers fan. Red flag right there.

    Can't stand him, but he was a good QB. 

    Amazing a QB can play 18 years & never get any sponsor gigs. That says a lot.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    The blocked kick in the SNF game…wow.  That was special 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Well sure, but when your school doesn’t exactly crank out a lotta NFL superstars, that one stung a bit. And to be fair, we didn’t know he was an idiot at the time. We’re very smart typically. And modest. 

    For the record we drafted Kellen Winslow II that year, so we arguably did draft the sleazier sleazier dude from a school called Miami. 

    I knew he was an idiot before the draft lol. He grew up in Findlay, Oh and was a 49ers fan. Red flag right there.

    Can't stand him, but he was a good QB. 

    Amazing a QB can play 18 years & never get any sponsor gigs. That says a lot.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @bob806 said:

    I knew he was an idiot before the draft lol. He grew up in Findlay, Oh and was a 49ers fan. Red flag right there.

    Can't stand him, but he was a good QB. 

    Amazing a QB can play 18 years & never get any sponsor gigs. That says a lot.

    I had a cousin in the BG area who claimed to have picked him off in a football camp of some sort!

  • The blocked kick in the SNF game…wow.  That was special 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The blocked kick in the SNF game…wow.  That was special 

    Like, how have we never seen this before? 

  • @hoorta said:

    you should have seen some of the hits Jackson was taking when he ran the ball.  He won't last the season running reckless like that.   

    Agreed !

    What was bothersome, is Lamar's O-line in pass pro, gave him a wall of protection on all 33 passing attempts. The Gal's never even recorded a 1 yard scramble sack..1 QB hit in backfield all day (never saw it)

    Lamar leading his backfield in attempts with 13 carries can't last... #8 won't make this season's final games again..  but he got his Dumb-ar money

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @gumby73 said:

    Agreed !

    What was bothersome, is Lamar's O-line in pass pro, gave him a wall of protection on all 33 passing attempts. The Gal's never even recorded a 1 yard scramble sack..1 QB hit in backfield all day (never saw it)

    Lamar leading his backfield in attempts with 13 carries can't last... #8 won't make this season's final games again..  but he got his Dumb-ar money

    I'll defer to tia on this one, but Lamar's deep ball accuracy leaves something to be desired most of the time.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The blocked kick in the SNF game…wow.  That was special 

    It's going to be on every special coordinator's tape tomorrow. I'm surprised no one has tried that gambit yet.  Copycat league.   

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #60

    Happy Game day morning  !  ?

    Coop did travel & get off the bus in Steel-town.. Cabot reports it's not serious & could go down to a warm-up decision. Take the bet it's decided later this afternoon..

    PS has 2 options with possible call up

    80 Watkins Jr., Austin WR
    16 Darden, Jaelon WR

    slim, but still a option when suiting up only 3 

    72 NSEKHE, TY OT
    74 Leatherwood, Alex OT

    Let's hope we get some good news that Coop can go !   ?

  • Happy Game day morning  !  ?

    Coop did travel & get off the bus in Steel-town.. Cabot reports it's not serious & could go down to a warm-up decision. Take the bet it's decided later this afternoon..

    PS has 2 options with possible call up

    80 Watkins Jr., Austin WR
    16 Darden, Jaelon WR

    slim, but still a option when suiting up only 3 

    72 NSEKHE, TY OT
    74 Leatherwood, Alex OT

    Let's hope we get some good news that Coop can go !   ?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @gumby73 said:

    Happy Game day morning  !  ?

    Coop did travel & get off the bus in Steel-town.. Cabot reports it's not serious & could go down to a warm-up decision. Take the bet it's decided later this afternoon..

    PS has 2 options with possible call up

    80 Watkins Jr., Austin WR
    16 Darden, Jaelon WR

    slim, but still a option when suiting up only 3 

    72 NSEKHE, TY OT
    74 Leatherwood, Alex OT

    Let's hope we get some good news that Coop can go !   ?

    Indeed.  If not, we get a longer look at our receivers of next year.  I think both Tillman and Moore will get lot's of looks.

    I want to see Moore played more as an actual receiver and not so much as the Schwartz, gadget guy replacement.  Screw the gadget crap.  You can't live on that.  I want to see him going out on pattens and catching passes, and not just quick bubble screens.  You can't live on YAC either.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Happy Game day morning  !  ?

    Coop did travel & get off the bus in Steel-town.. Cabot reports it's not serious & could go down to a warm-up decision. Take the bet it's decided later this afternoon..

    PS has 2 options with possible call up

    80 Watkins Jr., Austin WR
    16 Darden, Jaelon WR

    slim, but still a option when suiting up only 3 

    72 NSEKHE, TY OT
    74 Leatherwood, Alex OT

    Let's hope we get some good news that Coop can go !   ?

    Indeed.  If not, we get a longer look at our receivers of next year.  I think both Tillman and Moore will get lot's of looks.

    I want to see Moore played more as an actual receiver and not so much as the Schwartz, gadget guy replacement.  Screw the gadget crap.  You can't live on that.  I want to see him going out on pattens and catching passes, and not just quick bubble screens.  You can't live on YAC either.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @ballpeen said:

    I want to see Moore played more as an actual receiver and not so much as the Schwartz, gadget guy replacement.

    I wouldn't call 7 targets "Schwartz gadget". Especially in a rain soaked week 1. 

    @ballpeen said:

    You can't live on YAC either.

    Miami Dolphins on line 1, I was told they'd like a word with you. 

  • Happy Game day morning  !  ?

    Coop did travel & get off the bus in Steel-town.. Cabot reports it's not serious & could go down to a warm-up decision. Take the bet it's decided later this afternoon..

    PS has 2 options with possible call up

    80 Watkins Jr., Austin WR
    16 Darden, Jaelon WR

    slim, but still a option when suiting up only 3 

    72 NSEKHE, TY OT
    74 Leatherwood, Alex OT

    Let's hope we get some good news that Coop can go !   ?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @gumby73 said:

    Happy Game day morning  !  ?

    Coop did travel & get off the bus in Steel-town.. Cabot reports it's not serious & could go down to a warm-up decision. Take the bet it's decided later this afternoon..

    PS has 2 options with possible call up

    80 Watkins Jr., Austin WR
    16 Darden, Jaelon WR

    slim, but still a option when suiting up only 3 

    72 NSEKHE, TY OT
    74 Leatherwood, Alex OT

    Let's hope we get some good news that Coop can go !   ?

    If Coop can't go I'm not all that shaken up about it... I like what we have in Moore,DPJ and Tillman.. We can still get it done...

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    Well just got back from Amsterdam last night in time to see the Browns on ABC tonight.?

    And for anyone considering going there, the Anne Frank Museum is a must see. But buy tickets through that website well in advance because it still stays sold out. So well done and so moving.

  • Well just got back from Amsterdam last night in time to see the Browns on ABC tonight.?

    And for anyone considering going there, the Anne Frank Museum is a must see. But buy tickets through that website well in advance because it still stays sold out. So well done and so moving.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well just got back from Amsterdam last night in time to see the Browns on ABC tonight.?

    And for anyone considering going there, the Anne Frank Museum is a must see. But buy tickets through that website well in advance because it still stays sold out. So well done and so moving.

    It’s a gorgeous city. Mapped out like a spider web with criss crossing canals and roads. The Van Gogh museum is pretty good too.

    And the weed will knock you on your ass. It was over 20 years ago that l visited and the rest of the world may have caught up by now. I got ahold of a strain they called “white widow.” Goodness that stuff was potent.  

  • @gumby73 said:

    Happy Game day morning  !  ?

    Coop did travel & get off the bus in Steel-town.. Cabot reports it's not serious & could go down to a warm-up decision. Take the bet it's decided later this afternoon..

    PS has 2 options with possible call up

    80 Watkins Jr., Austin WR
    16 Darden, Jaelon WR

    slim, but still a option when suiting up only 3 

    72 NSEKHE, TY OT
    74 Leatherwood, Alex OT

    Let's hope we get some good news that Coop can go !   ?

    If Coop can't go I'm not all that shaken up about it... I like what we have in Moore,DPJ and Tillman.. We can still get it done...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @nickers said:

    If Coop can't go I'm not all that shaken up about it... I like what we have in Moore,DPJ and Tillman.. We can still get it done...

    I agree.  Looking ahead that’s what fans do best…we need him badly next week.  The Titans are physical group in the secondary and we need a crafty route running veteran in that game. 

  • Well just got back from Amsterdam last night in time to see the Browns on ABC tonight.?

    And for anyone considering going there, the Anne Frank Museum is a must see. But buy tickets through that website well in advance because it still stays sold out. So well done and so moving.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well just got back from Amsterdam last night in time to see the Browns on ABC tonight.?

    And for anyone considering going there, the Anne Frank Museum is a must see. But buy tickets through that website well in advance because it still stays sold out. So well done and so moving.

    My niece went to that.... She was totally blown away by her story... As I was too when I first heard it...

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #68

    Back to Sunday next week thank God it’s better cracking beers a half hour before kick at 9:30am then “working” on a Monday and filling up my calendar on Microsoft Teams so I can scoot out of work at 4 and fight some traffic on the way home. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #69

    I was in Pittsburgh today, and listened to some of their Steelers flagship WDVE this morning.

    They are not feeling that confident going into this game, at all. Not that it matters, but it was kind of weird listening to Pittsburgh radio guys and one of their beat guys openly talking about if they lose to the Browns and go 0-2 are they in panic mode. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    I want to see Moore played more as an actual receiver and not so much as the Schwartz, gadget guy replacement.

    I wouldn't call 7 targets "Schwartz gadget". Especially in a rain soaked week 1. 

    @ballpeen said:

    You can't live on YAC either.

    Miami Dolphins on line 1, I was told they'd like a word with you. 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't call 7 targets "Schwartz gadget". Especially in a rain soaked week 1. 

    Miami Dolphins on line 1, I was told they'd like a word with you. 

    Think what you want.  Bubble screen all you want.  I'd rather see the pass moving more than a yard past the LOS.  I think Moore gained around 40 yards and 1 went for 30 or so yards.

    That isn't all that great IMO, but it is a start.  Lets see more from Moore, and i am not blaming him..

  • @nickers said:

    If Coop can't go I'm not all that shaken up about it... I like what we have in Moore,DPJ and Tillman.. We can still get it done...

    I agree.  Looking ahead that’s what fans do best…we need him badly next week.  The Titans are physical group in the secondary and we need a crafty route running veteran in that game. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I agree.  Looking ahead that’s what fans do best…we need him badly next week.  The Titans are physical group in the secondary and we need a crafty route running veteran in that game. 

    Exactly!   Smith-Njigba came back early from hammy pull and that sucker turned into a tractor pull that ended his final season at Ohio State.  I don't want us rushing Cooper back if that pull is going to get aggravated playing tonight.  

    The thing I'm most worried about is that damn TJ Watt'snisname.  

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #72

    Lot's O Chubb tonight and maybe we will throw in a screen pass or 2 to him

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I agree.  Looking ahead that’s what fans do best…we need him badly next week.  The Titans are physical group in the secondary and we need a crafty route running veteran in that game. 

    Exactly!   Smith-Njigba came back early from hammy pull and that sucker turned into a tractor pull that ended his final season at Ohio State.  I don't want us rushing Cooper back if that pull is going to get aggravated playing tonight.  

    The thing I'm most worried about is that damn TJ Watt'snisname.  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @flugel said:

    Njigba

    hey i got that dude on my fantasy team,lol

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I agree.  Looking ahead that’s what fans do best…we need him badly next week.  The Titans are physical group in the secondary and we need a crafty route running veteran in that game. 

    Exactly!   Smith-Njigba came back early from hammy pull and that sucker turned into a tractor pull that ended his final season at Ohio State.  I don't want us rushing Cooper back if that pull is going to get aggravated playing tonight.  

    The thing I'm most worried about is that damn TJ Watt'snisname.  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @flugel said:

    Exactly!   Smith-Njigba came back early from hammy pull and that sucker turned into a tractor pull that ended his final season at Ohio State.  I don't want us rushing Cooper back if that pull is going to get aggravated playing tonight.  

    The thing I'm most worried about is that damn TJ Watt'snisname.  

    Yes, we need to stay out third and long.  Looks like we can help Dawand with Heyward out.  I’m actually more concerned with the guy on the other side Wills.