? ~ The Miami Dolphins scored 70 points today, the most since 1950 ?
-
I didn't see this thread, so I copied from another thread....
Glad
Lol, yes idea that will remain my fantasy football team name til I die.
Regarding the hideous Broncos & Sean Payton, how does he have any credibility moving forward?
He blamed Nathaniel Hackett for all of the team's troubles publicly, then HIS Broncos give up 726 yards & 70 points.
I'd say the seat is very very hot out west.
https://www.thebrownsboard.com/topic/67493-★-the-official-thread-?-★-browns-27-titans-3-game-3-?-september-24/?do=findComment&comment=1095570 -
The Redskins put up 72 in 1966 when they beat the Giants 72-41.
The Redskins put up 72 in 1966 when they beat the Giants 72-41.
Thank you. I was going to say something similar.
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
I also masturbated 6 times this same day. That was the most for me since the day before.
Stop looking at those pics of nichols' mom.?
-
Miami racked up 726 yards vs Denver Sunday.
The Browns defense in their first three games has allowed a combined 491 yards.
-
Miami racked up 726 yards vs Denver Sunday.
The Browns defense in their first three games has allowed a combined 491 yards.
The Browns defense in their first three games has allowed a combined 491 yards.
We haven't seen DT rotation shutting down the running game since Micheal Dean Perry & Big Daddy Harrison did back in the 80's (w/Bob Golic)
Watching Mo Hurst lineup up next to Dalvin Tomlinson brings me some old flashbacks of watching both
https://brownsdailydose.com/the-mount-rushmore-of-browns-middle-guards-and-nose-tackles/
Topic---Miami's speed kills skill-set, reminds me of what Raider Al Davis was trying to build in Oakland.. Miami used the trade/FA route.. Well Coached on offense
-
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front. The Ravens present a bit of a step up. But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes. Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks. Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.
But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.
-
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front. The Ravens present a bit of a step up. But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes. Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks. Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.
But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front. The Ravens present a bit of a step up. But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes. Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks. Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.
But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.
The Browns haven't come out on top very often vs the Ratbirds, but usually play them tough. Lamar is like a waterbug, hard to catch lol.
-
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front. The Ravens present a bit of a step up. But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes. Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks. Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.
But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
Not so fast my friend. I identified Garrett way back when he was a freshman for this defense. No one believes in defense more than I. Maybe equally. My mantra has always been to build one around Garrett. And I was just as excited as you that they did it from as soon as the season ended including replacing a not so good D coordinator. That old saying never has changed. Defense wins Championships. And now we have that kind of defense that brings fear and mistakes to opposing QBs.
-
Miami racked up 726 yards vs Denver Sunday.
The Browns defense in their first three games has allowed a combined 491 yards.
Miami racked up 726 yards vs Denver Sunday.
The Browns defense in their first three games has allowed a combined 491 yards.
Replay of Denver - Miami game on NFL Network at 7 pm CDT this evening. 8pm Ohio time. All three of those speedsters (Mostert, Hill & Achane) have Olympic level speed. It was a one-sided track meet.
-
Miami racked up 726 yards vs Denver Sunday.
The Browns defense in their first three games has allowed a combined 491 yards.
Replay of Denver - Miami game on NFL Network at 7 pm CDT this evening. 8pm Ohio time. All three of those speedsters (Mostert, Hill & Achane) have Olympic level speed. It was a one-sided track meet.
Replay of Denver - Miami game on NFL Network at 7 pm CDT this evening. 8pm Ohio time. All three of those speedsters (Mostert, Hill & Achane) have Olympic level speed. It was a one-sided track meet.
I still can't understand why SF would let Mostert walk... Him and Deebo were a force together with Breida right behind them... That was a great stable of backs.. Maybe economics played a part....
I guess that doesn't matter with having McCaffrey now....
-
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front. The Ravens present a bit of a step up. But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes. Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks. Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.
But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front. The Ravens present a bit of a step up. But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes. Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks. Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.
But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.
No doubt we will have to have somebody a good portion of the time acting as a spy on Jackson. That or the ends will have to subdue a bit and play some contain of the edge.
-
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front. The Ravens present a bit of a step up. But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes. Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks. Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.
But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.
No doubt we will have to have somebody a good portion of the time acting as a spy on Jackson. That or the ends will have to subdue a bit and play some contain of the edge.
No doubt we will have to have somebody a good portion of the time acting as a spy on Jackson. That or the ends will have to subdue a bit and play some contain of the edge.
What I see is a D that is now good enough to constantly apply pressure from the entire front 7 and rotate very good 2nd stringers so everyone stays fresh the entire game. Jackson will be forced into turnovers & throwaways IMO. We shall see.
-
Tom I'd strongly recommend you watch the Miami Offensive plays from Sunday. Innovative and proactive would be an understatement. Good Morning Football still talking about it as I type.
deserving post to get back on topic..
Mid November of last season the fins put up almost 40 on us (39) in Miami. They've only added a real rushing attack & a few tweaks to same WR's routes from what I'm seeing. Let's not forget Waddle ain't slow either & Tua is putting the ball on the ?
I thought the master of defense Bill Belicheck, showed Denver how to play against the fins offense only losing at home 24-17 the week prior.
I'll be betting on the Bills defensive HC Sean McDermott to use some of Belicheck's ideas to slow this offensive train down with better defensive talent than the effort-less donkeys showed..
Fins still have to play a Eagles,Cowboys,KC, both NY's, Bills(2) & Pats defense coming.. Note.. New Years eve.. Miami at Ravens.. that maybe AFC meaningful
-
There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense. Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.
That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front. The Ravens present a bit of a step up. But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes. Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks. Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.
But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.
No doubt we will have to have somebody a good portion of the time acting as a spy on Jackson. That or the ends will have to subdue a bit and play some contain of the edge.
-
The most effective designs in countering Lamar actually haven't involved a spy, believe it or not.
I can believe it. If you can bottle him up in the pocket with pressure, that would be the ideal. That is better than having 1 defender playing more or less neutral football unless Jackson starts to run, and even then, they have to be able to run with the guy.
If the DB's don't give him good targets and we apply pressure, that is the ticket, and this D can do that a good amount of the time. I don't buy it when people say Jackson can't throw. I do agree he isn't the best at hitting tight windows, especially under duress. Keep the guy sweating. We may or may not get the sacks, but we stand a good chance at having a shot at a few picks if the pressure gets him chucking the ball two feet high or wide to either side.
I think we have a very good chance if we can limit rushing yards, no matter who runs the ball AND don't allow Andrews to go nuts on us. I think Schwartz will have a very specific plan on how to deal with Andrews. At least I hope so.
-
Tom I'd strongly recommend you watch the Miami Offensive plays from Sunday. Innovative and proactive would be an understatement. Good Morning Football still talking about it as I type.
deserving post to get back on topic..
Mid November of last season the fins put up almost 40 on us (39) in Miami. They've only added a real rushing attack & a few tweaks to same WR's routes from what I'm seeing. Let's not forget Waddle ain't slow either & Tua is putting the ball on the ?
I thought the master of defense Bill Belicheck, showed Denver how to play against the fins offense only losing at home 24-17 the week prior.
I'll be betting on the Bills defensive HC Sean McDermott to use some of Belicheck's ideas to slow this offensive train down with better defensive talent than the effort-less donkeys showed..
Fins still have to play a Eagles,Cowboys,KC, both NY's, Bills(2) & Pats defense coming.. Note.. New Years eve.. Miami at Ravens.. that maybe AFC meaningful
deserving post to get back on topic..
Mid November of last season the fins put up almost 40 on us (39) in Miami. They've only added a real rushing attack & a few tweaks to same WR's routes from what I'm seeing. Let's not forget Waddle ain't slow either & Tua is putting the ball on the ?
Except in this case Waddle was sidelined for that 70 point game.
-
deserving post to get back on topic..
Mid November of last season the fins put up almost 40 on us (39) in Miami. They've only added a real rushing attack & a few tweaks to same WR's routes from what I'm seeing. Let's not forget Waddle ain't slow either & Tua is putting the ball on the ?
Except in this case Waddle was sidelined for that 70 point game.
Except in this case Waddle was sidelined for that 70 point game.
Oh don't I know.. I'm down Waddle in my money fantasy league $ I have 3 choices...Should I play Tyler Lockett, DJ Moore or Elijah Moore ?
edit-- I lost Nick Chubb -$$, so I'm counting on your guy Derrick Henry
-
Except in this case Waddle was sidelined for that 70 point game.
Oh don't I know.. I'm down Waddle in my money fantasy league $ I have 3 choices...Should I play Tyler Lockett, DJ Moore or Elijah Moore ?
edit-- I lost Nick Chubb -$$, so I'm counting on your guy Derrick Henry
Oh don't I know.. I'm down Waddle in my money fantasy league $ I have 3 choices...Should I play Tyler Lockett, DJ Moore or Elijah Moore ?
edit-- I lost Nick Chubb -$$, so I'm counting on your guy Derrick Henry
I'd play Tyler Lockett. Sooner or later Henry will produce 2 or 3 TDs in a game (Just not against the #1 defense in the NFL ?).
-
-
The Redskins put up 72 in 1966 when they beat the Giants 72-41.
The Redskins put up 72 in 1966 when they beat the Giants 72-41.
Established August 16, 1965; 58 years ago
First season: 1966.If Miami were established in 1965 and first season was 1966 they were BAD went. 3-11 scored the most points in a 29-28 WIN over the also BAD Houston Oilers.
Oh their 3 wins were from the also BAD as Michael Jackson would say Denver Broncos and Houston Oilers (x2) in front of about 20,000 rabid fans.
That NFL high 73 points was done by George Halas back in the 1940s . So it goes. 73, 72, 70, ... in all time highest NFL points.poiI believe.
Some of these numbers need adjusted. Just for the records -but- it makes for fun chit-chat.
* EDIT ! It got my curiosity up, here they are pre and post SUPER BOWL era. (* with corrected data]
Most Points by One Team:
* Washington 72, New York Giants 41; Nov. 27, 1966 ( *not Miami)
This previously mentioned shootout not only set the record for most combined points in a game, the Giants also set the mark for most points by one team during a regular-season game.
Pre-Super Bowl Era: Chicago Bears 73, Washington 0; Dec. 8, 1940
We’ll include this, but it was technically a playoff game before we had wild card, divisional rounds and everything else. The Bears lost to Washington 7-3 just a few weeks prior to the 1940 NFL Championship game, but it’s fair to say they flipped the script the second time around. Washington had nine turnovers and Chicago finished with 519 total yards. Just 119 of them were in the air (on 10 attempts) and Bill Osmanski rushed for a game-high 109 yards.
Most Points by One Team in the 21st Century:
Miami Dolphins 70, Denver Broncos 20; Sept. 24, 2023
Here’s the rest of the teams that have put up 60 or more across league history:
- 70 — Los Angeles Rams vs. Baltimore Colts (Oct. 22, 1950)
- 66 — Rochester Jeffersons vs. Fort Porter (Oct. 10, 1920)
- 65 — Los Angeles Rams vs. Detroit Lions (Oct. 29, 1950)
- 65 — Chicago Cardinals vs. New York Bulldogs (Nov. 13, 1949)
- 64 — Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cincinnati Reds (Nov. 6, 1934)
- 63 — Chicago Cardinals vs. New York Giants (Oct. 17, 1948)
- 63 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants (Nov. 30, 1952)
- 62 — Akron Pros vs. Oorang (Oct. 29, 1922)
- 62 — ● Cleveland Browns vs. New York Giants (Dec. 6, 1953) ● those BAD ASS BROWNS in the 1950s !
- 62 — ● Cleveland Browns vs. Washington (Nov. 7, 1954) ●
- 62 — New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Nov. 26, 1972)
- 62 — Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints (Sept. 16, 1973)
- 62 — New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Nov. 17, 1985)
- 62 — New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts (Oct. 23, 2011)
- 61 — ◆ Cincinnati Bengals vs. Houston Oilers (Dec. 17, 1989) ◆ Ouch.
- 61 — ♥︎ Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers (Dec. 7, 1980)
- 61 — ◆ Cincinnati Bengals vs. Houston Oilers (Dec. 17, 1972) ◆ Cincinnati beating up on Houston again.
- 61 — ♥︎ Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers (Dec. 12, 1965) ♥︎. The monsters of the Midway.
- 60 — Chicago Cardinals vs. Rochester Jeffersons (Oct. 7, 1923)
- 60 — Rock Island Independents vs. Crimson Giants (Oct. 15, 1922) - Oh yeah those Rock Island guys !
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login