Skip to content

Watson's shoulder

The Browns Board
351 34 17.0k 1
  • @orion said:

    Yeah...but it's different now.  We actually have a host of good players.  They just don't get to play because they're either suspended or injured.  This year it's Chubb, Conklin, Watson and now Bitonio.  In years past it didn't matter if our players were healthy or not.  They mostly all stunk.  

    Is it?

    We've had Chubb, Bitonio, Garrett, Ward, Teller, etc here for years now. The same people crying that we should have kept the last QB seem to forget that we had three of four "lost" seasons with him too. 2020 looks more and more like a complete aberration. 

    Do you ever just shrug your shoulders and think that it doesn't matter what is done, who is brought in, that this team is just destined to be a non-factor for eternity? I do, at times. 

    I honestly feel like some Steelers fan with an expertise in voodoo put a curse on this team the evening after the Browns destroyed the Steelers 51-0 to open the 1989 season. It would explain sooooo much. Think about the direction of both teams ever since that game. ? 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Is it?

    We've had Chubb, Bitonio, Garrett, Ward, Teller, etc here for years now. The same people crying that we should have kept the last QB seem to forget that we had three of four "lost" seasons with him too. 2020 looks more and more like a complete aberration. 

    Do you ever just shrug your shoulders and think that it doesn't matter what is done, who is brought in, that this team is just destined to be a non-factor for eternity? I do, at times. 

    I honestly feel like some Steelers fan with an expertise in voodoo put a curse on this team the evening after the Browns destroyed the Steelers 51-0 to open the 1989 season. It would explain sooooo much. Think about the direction of both teams ever since that game. ? 

    I agree, 2020 was a COVID aberration 


    It gets me that for the past 4 years or so, people have been  saying it’s the most talented team we’ve had since 1999. 

    And they STILL can’t win. Maybe, just maybe, it’s the coach and or owner

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I like how people on here are acting like lost, mediocre seasons are a new thing as a Browns fan. ?

    The good news is I'm laughing a little harder than I'm bellyaching thanks to the outrageous but never boring sense of humor in here.  To your point, we should be a lot better at this as fans considering all the education and experience we've had with how to sink your Titanic (I mean franchise) into Lake Erie.  If the Cleveland Browns ever hold a seminar in how to hire Management positions - RUN!

    Other than all that - what's the FREAKIN problem folks?   This game today ain't gonna be pretty but it might be Purdy... Having said that, all pleasant surprises are definitely welcome...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    To your point, we should be a lot better at this as fans considering all the education and experience we've had with how to sink your Titanic (I mean franchise) into Lake Erie.  If the Cleveland Browns ever hold a seminar in how to hire Management positions - RUN!

    Oh no, in fact do the opposite, go to the seminar and do what George did. ?

  • @orion said:

    Yeah...but it's different now.  We actually have a host of good players.  They just don't get to play because they're either suspended or injured.  This year it's Chubb, Conklin, Watson and now Bitonio.  In years past it didn't matter if our players were healthy or not.  They mostly all stunk.  

    Is it?

    We've had Chubb, Bitonio, Garrett, Ward, Teller, etc here for years now. The same people crying that we should have kept the last QB seem to forget that we had three of four "lost" seasons with him too. 2020 looks more and more like a complete aberration. 

    Do you ever just shrug your shoulders and think that it doesn't matter what is done, who is brought in, that this team is just destined to be a non-factor for eternity? I do, at times. 

    I honestly feel like some Steelers fan with an expertise in voodoo put a curse on this team the evening after the Browns destroyed the Steelers 51-0 to open the 1989 season. It would explain sooooo much. Think about the direction of both teams ever since that game. ? 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Is it?

    We've had Chubb, Bitonio, Garrett, Ward, Teller, etc here for years now. The same people crying that we should have kept the last QB seem to forget that we had three of four "lost" seasons with him too. 2020 looks more and more like a complete aberration. 

    Do you ever just shrug your shoulders and think that it doesn't matter what is done, who is brought in, that this team is just destined to be a non-factor for eternity? I do, at times. 

    I honestly feel like some Steelers fan with an expertise in voodoo put a curse on this team the evening after the Browns destroyed the Steelers 51-0 to open the 1989 season. It would explain sooooo much. Think about the direction of both teams ever since that game. ? 

    I went from REALLY wanting us to draft Baker to eventually aligning myself with the thinking/reality the Browns needed to upgrade to an elite QB (not that they grow on trees).  I don't regret that change.  Having said that, I think some of the criticism (beyond his immaturity as a Team Leader) has been unfair.  I'll never agree with anyone who thinks he was awful here.  He went to a Jimmy Haslam business that was a combined 1-31 in the 2016 and 2017 seasons.  In his rookie year, the team began just as winless going 0-1-1 and losing 14-0 to the Jets until the 1st time he got the chance to play.  He erased the 2nd quarter deficit to the Jets and led the team to an easy win.  All of the same teammates that were struggling well into the 2nd quarter - inexplicably started playing so much better the second he took the field.  The team went 7-7 in the games he played.  In the process, he broke a rookie TD passes record with 27 despite only playing in 13.5 games. The next year, we lost both starting tackle vrs TN in the opener the year their TE called the Browns the "Paper Champions".  1 or weeks later, the Browns lost one of the backup starters at Tackle.  Quick question: has anything changed at OT today?  Conklin with a HUGE contract is hurt again.  Jed Wills continues to rank near the very bottom of NFL Left Tackles according to PFF while replays show us he couldn't even start in Canada.  

    Let's pretend for 1 second that the Browns drafted Josh Allen by accident I want a show of hands at who REALLY believe Jimmy Haslam's business had the right coaches in place to develop the lad the way Buffalo did it.  Who's got the gonads?  Week 1 against the Bengals the Browns were running the option with a QB that isn't 6'5" 240lbs like Josh Allen.  He ended up getting hurt running the ball.  What was this wonderful offense that the Browns were going to have in place that would fit Watson's skillset like a glove?  Ready?  There wasn't one designed.  It's been wing it + fling it + fuck it. 

    Under this FO & Owner - last year we entered the season without talent at the Defense Tackles spot which of course put all our 1st string LBers on IR.  THIS YEAR, we have the pleasure of watching an offense without a playbook/offensive design with very weak effort and efficiency at the Offensive Tackle positions.  Doesn't that mean Jed Wills was a horrible pick when his best year was his rookie season?  Spare me the excuses folks if Baker gets 0.

    Be honest, are we the much better team we thought we be just by simply upgrading the skillset to Watson?   I gave you the reasons why above.  The Browns made ZERO plans to accommodate him unless you want to tell me how smart it was to extend the always injured Jack Conklin while Jed Wills is your plan at the blindside tackle position.  Smart business plan?  Oft-injured players don't help a team in desperate need of continuity.

    So, the Browns record when Baker arrived after the Browns went 1-31 in 2016 and 2017 is 32-32-1.  My take is I appreciated that he and Jarvis Landry CPR'd a pulse back into the franchise as a rookie.  I also like his TD to INT ratio of 26:8 in the playoff year 2020.  Not elite but I dare say good in a place that has longed for good since Jimmy took over.  Kyle Shanahan was the best OC in the Haslam era but the FO interfered with his control back when they broke a rule calling down to the sideline during a game.  You don't say!   In essence, while it might look like QBs have been a symptom of the problem here - the cancer killing this franchise is Front Office working under an owner without balls. 

    The Browns were 7-10 last year where the back-up was 4-7 and Watson was 3-3. This year doesn't look any more promising than last year but it's important to notice WHY.  The same people in charge seem to be better at starting dumpster fires than re-establishing a long lost winning tradition. 
    TEAM SEASON REC
    Cleveland Browns 2018 7-8-1
    Cleveland Browns 2019 6-10
    Cleveland Browns 2020 11-5
    Cleveland Browns 2021

    8-9

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I like how people on here are acting like lost, mediocre seasons are a new thing as a Browns fan. ?

    The good news is I'm laughing a little harder than I'm bellyaching thanks to the outrageous but never boring sense of humor in here.  To your point, we should be a lot better at this as fans considering all the education and experience we've had with how to sink your Titanic (I mean franchise) into Lake Erie.  If the Cleveland Browns ever hold a seminar in how to hire Management positions - RUN!

    Other than all that - what's the FREAKIN problem folks?   This game today ain't gonna be pretty but it might be Purdy... Having said that, all pleasant surprises are definitely welcome...

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Having said that, all pleasant surprises are definitely welcome.

    I'll take a pleasant surprise! PJ Walker throws for 300 with 3 tds! Make it so! 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Is it?

    We've had Chubb, Bitonio, Garrett, Ward, Teller, etc here for years now. The same people crying that we should have kept the last QB seem to forget that we had three of four "lost" seasons with him too. 2020 looks more and more like a complete aberration. 

    Do you ever just shrug your shoulders and think that it doesn't matter what is done, who is brought in, that this team is just destined to be a non-factor for eternity? I do, at times. 

    I honestly feel like some Steelers fan with an expertise in voodoo put a curse on this team the evening after the Browns destroyed the Steelers 51-0 to open the 1989 season. It would explain sooooo much. Think about the direction of both teams ever since that game. ? 

    I went from REALLY wanting us to draft Baker to eventually aligning myself with the thinking/reality the Browns needed to upgrade to an elite QB (not that they grow on trees).  I don't regret that change.  Having said that, I think some of the criticism (beyond his immaturity as a Team Leader) has been unfair.  I'll never agree with anyone who thinks he was awful here.  He went to a Jimmy Haslam business that was a combined 1-31 in the 2016 and 2017 seasons.  In his rookie year, the team began just as winless going 0-1-1 and losing 14-0 to the Jets until the 1st time he got the chance to play.  He erased the 2nd quarter deficit to the Jets and led the team to an easy win.  All of the same teammates that were struggling well into the 2nd quarter - inexplicably started playing so much better the second he took the field.  The team went 7-7 in the games he played.  In the process, he broke a rookie TD passes record with 27 despite only playing in 13.5 games. The next year, we lost both starting tackle vrs TN in the opener the year their TE called the Browns the "Paper Champions".  1 or weeks later, the Browns lost one of the backup starters at Tackle.  Quick question: has anything changed at OT today?  Conklin with a HUGE contract is hurt again.  Jed Wills continues to rank near the very bottom of NFL Left Tackles according to PFF while replays show us he couldn't even start in Canada.  

    Let's pretend for 1 second that the Browns drafted Josh Allen by accident I want a show of hands at who REALLY believe Jimmy Haslam's business had the right coaches in place to develop the lad the way Buffalo did it.  Who's got the gonads?  Week 1 against the Bengals the Browns were running the option with a QB that isn't 6'5" 240lbs like Josh Allen.  He ended up getting hurt running the ball.  What was this wonderful offense that the Browns were going to have in place that would fit Watson's skillset like a glove?  Ready?  There wasn't one designed.  It's been wing it + fling it + fuck it. 

    Under this FO & Owner - last year we entered the season without talent at the Defense Tackles spot which of course put all our 1st string LBers on IR.  THIS YEAR, we have the pleasure of watching an offense without a playbook/offensive design with very weak effort and efficiency at the Offensive Tackle positions.  Doesn't that mean Jed Wills was a horrible pick when his best year was his rookie season?  Spare me the excuses folks if Baker gets 0.

    Be honest, are we the much better team we thought we be just by simply upgrading the skillset to Watson?   I gave you the reasons why above.  The Browns made ZERO plans to accommodate him unless you want to tell me how smart it was to extend the always injured Jack Conklin while Jed Wills is your plan at the blindside tackle position.  Smart business plan?  Oft-injured players don't help a team in desperate need of continuity.

    So, the Browns record when Baker arrived after the Browns went 1-31 in 2016 and 2017 is 32-32-1.  My take is I appreciated that he and Jarvis Landry CPR'd a pulse back into the franchise as a rookie.  I also like his TD to INT ratio of 26:8 in the playoff year 2020.  Not elite but I dare say good in a place that has longed for good since Jimmy took over.  Kyle Shanahan was the best OC in the Haslam era but the FO interfered with his control back when they broke a rule calling down to the sideline during a game.  You don't say!   In essence, while it might look like QBs have been a symptom of the problem here - the cancer killing this franchise is Front Office working under an owner without balls. 

    The Browns were 7-10 last year where the back-up was 4-7 and Watson was 3-3. This year doesn't look any more promising than last year but it's important to notice WHY.  The same people in charge seem to be better at starting dumpster fires than re-establishing a long lost winning tradition. 
    TEAM SEASON REC
    Cleveland Browns 2018 7-8-1
    Cleveland Browns 2019 6-10
    Cleveland Browns 2020 11-5
    Cleveland Browns 2021

    8-9

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I went from REALLY wanting us to draft Baker to eventually aligning myself with the thinking/reality the Browns needed to upgrade to an elite QB (not that they grow on trees).  I don't regret that change.  Having said that, I think some of the criticism (beyond his immaturity as a Team Leader) has been unfair.  I'll never agree with anyone who thinks he was awful here.  He went to a Jimmy Haslam business that was a combined 1-31 in the 2016 and 2017 seasons.  In his rookie year, the team began just as winless going 0-1-1 and losing 14-0 to the Jets until the 1st time he got the chance to play.  He erased the 2nd quarter deficit to the Jets and led the team to an easy win.  All of the same teammates that were struggling well into the 2nd quarter - inexplicably started playing so much better the second he took the field.  The team went 7-7 in the games he played.  In the process, he broke a rookie TD passes record with 27 despite only playing in 13.5 games. The next year, we lost both starting tackle vrs TN in the opener the year their TE called the Browns the "Paper Champions".  1 or weeks later, the Browns lost one of the backup starters at Tackle.  Quick question: has anything changed at OT today?  Conklin with a HUGE contract is hurt again.  Jed Wills continues to rank near the very bottom of NFL Left Tackles according to PFF while replays show us he couldn't even start in Canada.  

    Let's pretend for 1 second that the Browns drafted Josh Allen by accident I want a show of hands at who REALLY believe Jimmy Haslam's business had the right coaches in place to develop the lad the way Buffalo did it.  Who's got the gonads?  Week 1 against the Bengals the Browns were running the option with a QB that isn't 6'5" 240lbs like Josh Allen.  He ended up getting hurt running the ball.  What was this wonderful offense that the Browns were going to have in place that would fit Watson's skillset like a glove?  Ready?  There wasn't one designed.  It's been wing it + fling it + fuck it. 

    Under this FO & Owner - last year we entered the season without talent at the Defense Tackles spot which of course put all our 1st string LBers on IR.  THIS YEAR, we have the pleasure of watching an offense without a playbook/offensive design with very weak effort and efficiency at the Offensive Tackle positions.  Doesn't that mean Jed Wills was a horrible pick when his best year was his rookie season?  Spare me the excuses folks if Baker gets 0.

    Be honest, are we the much better team we thought we be just by simply upgrading the skillset to Watson?   I gave you the reasons why above.  The Browns made ZERO plans to accommodate him unless you want to tell me how smart it was to extend the always injured Jack Conklin while Jed Wills is your plan at the blindside tackle position.  Smart business plan?  Oft-injured players don't help a team in desperate need of continuity.

    So, the Browns record when Baker arrived after the Browns went 1-31 in 2016 and 2017 is 32-32-1.  My take is I appreciated that he and Jarvis Landry CPR'd a pulse back into the franchise as a rookie.  I also like his TD to INT ratio of 26:8 in the playoff year 2020.  Not elite but I dare say good in a place that has longed for good since Jimmy took over.  Kyle Shanahan was the best OC in the Haslam era but the FO interfered with his control back when they broke a rule calling down to the sideline during a game.  You don't say!   In essence, while it might look like QBs have been a symptom of the problem here - the cancer killing this franchise is Front Office working under an owner without balls. 

    The Browns were 7-10 last year where the back-up was 4-7 and Watson was 3-3. This year doesn't look any more promising than last year but it's important to notice WHY.  The same people in charge seem to be better at starting dumpster fires than re-establishing a long lost winning tradition. 
    TEAM SEASON REC
    Cleveland Browns 2018 7-8-1
    Cleveland Browns 2019 6-10
    Cleveland Browns 2020 11-5
    Cleveland Browns 2021

    8-9

    No offense Flugs, but I've said everything I ever want to say about the former starting QB of the Browns too many times to mention. 

    I also fully expect that this will be Stefanski's last season as head coach... not sure about the front office though. You would think there would be a complete tear down, but who knows with the Haslams. 

  • @flugel said:

    I went from REALLY wanting us to draft Baker to eventually aligning myself with the thinking/reality the Browns needed to upgrade to an elite QB (not that they grow on trees).  I don't regret that change.  Having said that, I think some of the criticism (beyond his immaturity as a Team Leader) has been unfair.  I'll never agree with anyone who thinks he was awful here.  He went to a Jimmy Haslam business that was a combined 1-31 in the 2016 and 2017 seasons.  In his rookie year, the team began just as winless going 0-1-1 and losing 14-0 to the Jets until the 1st time he got the chance to play.  He erased the 2nd quarter deficit to the Jets and led the team to an easy win.  All of the same teammates that were struggling well into the 2nd quarter - inexplicably started playing so much better the second he took the field.  The team went 7-7 in the games he played.  In the process, he broke a rookie TD passes record with 27 despite only playing in 13.5 games. The next year, we lost both starting tackle vrs TN in the opener the year their TE called the Browns the "Paper Champions".  1 or weeks later, the Browns lost one of the backup starters at Tackle.  Quick question: has anything changed at OT today?  Conklin with a HUGE contract is hurt again.  Jed Wills continues to rank near the very bottom of NFL Left Tackles according to PFF while replays show us he couldn't even start in Canada.  

    Let's pretend for 1 second that the Browns drafted Josh Allen by accident I want a show of hands at who REALLY believe Jimmy Haslam's business had the right coaches in place to develop the lad the way Buffalo did it.  Who's got the gonads?  Week 1 against the Bengals the Browns were running the option with a QB that isn't 6'5" 240lbs like Josh Allen.  He ended up getting hurt running the ball.  What was this wonderful offense that the Browns were going to have in place that would fit Watson's skillset like a glove?  Ready?  There wasn't one designed.  It's been wing it + fling it + fuck it. 

    Under this FO & Owner - last year we entered the season without talent at the Defense Tackles spot which of course put all our 1st string LBers on IR.  THIS YEAR, we have the pleasure of watching an offense without a playbook/offensive design with very weak effort and efficiency at the Offensive Tackle positions.  Doesn't that mean Jed Wills was a horrible pick when his best year was his rookie season?  Spare me the excuses folks if Baker gets 0.

    Be honest, are we the much better team we thought we be just by simply upgrading the skillset to Watson?   I gave you the reasons why above.  The Browns made ZERO plans to accommodate him unless you want to tell me how smart it was to extend the always injured Jack Conklin while Jed Wills is your plan at the blindside tackle position.  Smart business plan?  Oft-injured players don't help a team in desperate need of continuity.

    So, the Browns record when Baker arrived after the Browns went 1-31 in 2016 and 2017 is 32-32-1.  My take is I appreciated that he and Jarvis Landry CPR'd a pulse back into the franchise as a rookie.  I also like his TD to INT ratio of 26:8 in the playoff year 2020.  Not elite but I dare say good in a place that has longed for good since Jimmy took over.  Kyle Shanahan was the best OC in the Haslam era but the FO interfered with his control back when they broke a rule calling down to the sideline during a game.  You don't say!   In essence, while it might look like QBs have been a symptom of the problem here - the cancer killing this franchise is Front Office working under an owner without balls. 

    The Browns were 7-10 last year where the back-up was 4-7 and Watson was 3-3. This year doesn't look any more promising than last year but it's important to notice WHY.  The same people in charge seem to be better at starting dumpster fires than re-establishing a long lost winning tradition. 
    TEAM SEASON REC
    Cleveland Browns 2018 7-8-1
    Cleveland Browns 2019 6-10
    Cleveland Browns 2020 11-5
    Cleveland Browns 2021

    8-9

    No offense Flugs, but I've said everything I ever want to say about the former starting QB of the Browns too many times to mention. 

    I also fully expect that this will be Stefanski's last season as head coach... not sure about the front office though. You would think there would be a complete tear down, but who knows with the Haslams. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    No offense Flugs, but I've said everything I ever want to say about the former starting QB of the Browns too many times to mention. 

    I also fully expect that this will be Stefanski's last season as head coach... not sure about the front office though. You would think there would be a complete tear down, but who knows with the Haslams. 

    LOL!  I know, I figured I needed a human sized hamster wheel that I could run some of my football anxieties out on today - so thank you for that.  I'm with you and everyone on wanting an elite QB.  There's a lot of guys (including you) that have at least complimented the good stuff he did.  Your post just gave me the opportunity to point out that state of the QB position in Cleveland remains in pass interference from the Front Office & Head Coach.  It ain't changing until the Owner has the balls to fired the deadly tandem of Stefanski and Depodesta.  I don't even want to be right about this; but I am.  Okay, I just fabricated - I DO want to be right...

  • @flugel said:

    Me too man!

    I just want the Browns to show up tomorrow... Is that asking too much?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I just want the Browns to show up tomorrow... Is that asking too much?

    Thatta boy!  They'll show up for a little while.  They also have a pretty good chance of winning the coin toss. 

  • @nickers said:

    I just want the Browns to show up tomorrow... Is that asking too much?

    Thatta boy!  They'll show up for a little while.  They also have a pretty good chance of winning the coin toss. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Thatta boy!  They'll show up for a little while.  They also have a pretty good chance of winning the coin toss. 

    And then they will defer. 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    Everything I said we couldn't do...we're doing all of it on the first drive. Here comes play action, wide open touchdown. 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    And there it is! 

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    Backwards in 3....jfc.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    First and for the record, I'm not a fan of Watson the man or Watson the player as the starting QB of the Browns and I really hate what the Browns gave up in terms of draft capital and guaranteed money for him..... now with that being said, I wanted to give my 2 cents on his shoulder injury from a first hand experience point of view.

    Back on April 1st of this year, I went from a normal Saturday at noon, to not being able to touch my mouth with my left hand by 9pm and it was completely out of the blue. No falls on my bike, no injuries working or working out. Nothing.

    By Sunday morning I was not able to raise my left arm to get my hand higher than my waistband without excruciating pain. I also couldn't even get my left elbow onto the armrest of my recliner without almost becoming nauseous from pain. 

    I thought for sure I somehow tore my rotator cuff, but on Tuesday morning I was diagnosed with "Calcific Tendonitis".

    Basically it is a cyst like sack of calcified crap that forms in the tendon of the rotator cuff where it squeezes through the shoulder joint and causes massive amounts of pain. Many female patients say it's even worse than child birth and I will say it was one of the most painful things I have dealt with and my surgical list is well into the double digits.

    On that Tuesday Dr's visit, I received an ultrasound guided steroid injection which helped it to settle down to just being really painful. I started PT 6 days later and by the end of April I could finally reach up to the upper cabinet and put away my own coffee mug, albeit with significant pain. I was finally able to wash my head in the shower by the end of May with slight pain. 

    Early in June I was able to do very light street type rides on my mountain bike and at the end of June I was back out on the trail although at slow speeds. By the end of August I was back to riding at 100% as well as doing most other things, but did them all with discomfort and apprehension.

    As I type this, I have not done a single pushup or pullup since that Saturday on April 1st and I am still very cautious when I reach up to do anything. My pain is all but gone now with the occasional, "Oh shit, is it coming back?" day here or there.

    All of this is to say that while it's easy to say (myself included) that the 230 million dollar franchise QB needs to "suck it up and play",  I'm here to say that if his rotator cuff contusion is anything like what I experienced, that is simply impossible.

    So as much as I really don't like anything about Watson, I just wanted to give my experience to sort of come to his defense. I do wish the Browns and Watson himself would be more forthright in talking about his injury as it seems really greasy the way they are both handling it. 

    Just my .02  (that's for Tour) 

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    MK is falling into the trap that the prior commentator is talking about. He's not playing until he's playing, so plan on it. Forget discussions on when that will be. It won't happen, get everyone get ready with PJ and the rookie.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

  • I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    Get fitzmagic out of retirement?.. Probably not a wise idea but desperate times require desperate measures...

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    Get fitzmagic out of retirement?.. Probably not a wise idea but desperate times require desperate measures...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Get fitzmagic out of retirement?.. Probably not a wise idea but desperate times require desperate measures...

    I don’t know He looks chubby 

  • I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    PJs decision making was awful.

    Yeah.  As a play wore on and he was running out of options, he'd take a bad one.  The first read had to be open.

    And if he was on the run, forget-about-it.  He wasn't getting the ball anywhere near the receiver.  But I need to give him credit for running the offense.  We didn't get any delay of game penalties (c-l-o-s-e once or twice) and he got people lined up properly, didn't screw up any snaps or hand-offs....any one of which might have cost us the game.  I'm happy for him.  But we need our starting QB back.

  • I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    Briskett is on the Wash bench. Requires a trade.