Skip to content

Watson's shoulder

The Browns Board
351 34 17.0k 1
  • How has nobody posted that Watson was throwing gas Friday and by all accounts will play Sunday? Guys, unless he has a setback, he's playing Sunday and the shoulder crap is over! Now, he has to be careful, which isn't his thing, but dang I'm excited. I couldn't watch PJ again...I just couldn't. Not against a winnable for with so much on the line. Don't forget the Colts beat Baltimore, which has tie break implications. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    How has nobody posted that Watson was throwing gas Friday and by all accounts will play Sunday? Guys, unless he has a setback, he's playing Sunday and the shoulder crap is over! Now, he has to be careful, which isn't his thing, but dang I'm excited. I couldn't watch PJ again...I just couldn't. Not against a winnable for with so much on the line. Don't forget the Colts beat Baltimore, which has tie break implications. 

    PJ was awful... How the hell did he beat out Mayfield last year is totally hilarious.. But then I remember Matt Rhule was the coach..

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by

    Found this floating around on my phone, thought it was funny.

    Screenshot_20230627-234031_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3b642150f6b113a38d0203237dc61e8d.jpg

  • How has nobody posted that Watson was throwing gas Friday and by all accounts will play Sunday? Guys, unless he has a setback, he's playing Sunday and the shoulder crap is over! Now, he has to be careful, which isn't his thing, but dang I'm excited. I couldn't watch PJ again...I just couldn't. Not against a winnable for with so much on the line. Don't forget the Colts beat Baltimore, which has tie break implications. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    How has nobody posted that Watson was throwing gas Friday and by all accounts will play Sunday? Guys, unless he has a setback, he's playing Sunday and the shoulder crap is over! Now, he has to be careful, which isn't his thing, but dang I'm excited. I couldn't watch PJ again...I just couldn't. Not against a winnable for with so much on the line. Don't forget the Colts beat Baltimore, which has tie break implications. 

    ya he is starting, I wonder if the line moved  ?

  • N Neo

    Found this floating around on my phone, thought it was funny.

    Screenshot_20230627-234031_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3b642150f6b113a38d0203237dc61e8d.jpg

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    Found this floating around on my phone, thought it was funny.

    Screenshot_20230627-234031_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3b642150f6b113a38d0203237dc61e8d.jpg

    Kinda of strange.  Josh Allen hated?  Baker liked? Geno loved- I dunno. 

  • sydS syd

    @jiggins7919 said:

    How has nobody posted that Watson was throwing gas Friday and by all accounts will play Sunday? Guys, unless he has a setback, he's playing Sunday and the shoulder crap is over! Now, he has to be careful, which isn't his thing, but dang I'm excited. I couldn't watch PJ again...I just couldn't. Not against a winnable for with so much on the line. Don't forget the Colts beat Baltimore, which has tie break implications. 

    ya he is starting, I wonder if the line moved  ?

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    ya he is starting, I wonder if the line moved  ?

    Oh it HAD to move, right? I mean, I was trying to be optimistic and predict a Browns victory with PJ, and I got there, but it didn't feel great. Felt like our defense would bail us out and we'd win the ugliest of uglies. 

    What a difference a day makes! Watson is close to 100%...how do I know? Because you DON'T play a franchise QB with a shoulder injury unless he feels good. What many fans and pundits didn't realize is the muscle Watson bruised was the EXACT muscle used to throw. It would be like trying to play soccer when your foot is badly asleep. 

    So we waited, we bungled the communication, but we got the healing done right. The early bye week we all hated likely saved our asses because Watson missed 1 less game. We're playing in a dome, and not just any dome, a dome Watson OWNS. It's time to get our WRs and TEs involved and you're going to see it in a couple hours. Either Njoku or Moore will have a nice game, if not both. Watson will play mostly good, with a few imperfections. Should be fun guys, but remember, weird shit happens on the road, so it'll be closer than we want until late. That's my prediction, anyway, but we'll still win by 10+ when it's all said and done. 

  • @neo said:

    Found this floating around on my phone, thought it was funny.

    Screenshot_20230627-234031_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3b642150f6b113a38d0203237dc61e8d.jpg

    Kinda of strange.  Josh Allen hated?  Baker liked? Geno loved- I dunno. 

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Kinda of strange.  Josh Allen hated?  Baker liked? Geno loved- I dunno. 

    A coupe of these guys I'm not sure who they are. I probably know them but I just don't recognize them

    qb.thumb.jpg.fb75f19e870bc54398638b961c5c0ca3.jpg

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd

    @westside-steve said:

    https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/nfl-free-agency-tracker-top-10-qbs-still-available-market-feat-carson-wentz

    WSS

    hopefully we will be seeing more of this,cause i do not see us signing any of those guy's

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    And MRI from Monday shows he didn’t injure his shoulder more on Sunday.

    https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2023/10/24/deshaun-watsons-mri-shows-no-further-damage-qbs-shoulder-report-nfl-injury-colts-pj-walker/71307200007/

    I can tell you as I speak there is such a thing as guarding, as in trying not to cause further injury by not using full motion. I have exactly that problem in racquetball right now and can't hit a tennis type overhead into either front corner which was a staple in my best shots. I now have to use a half overhead with wrist and elbow and go to the ceiling game instead. I do something similar on backhands, using wrist and elbow but not full use of arm and shoulder. Just go for accuracy over power.

    To make a long story short, I fully understand what Kevin is talking about. DW is definitely "guarding" that shoulder and it screws up his throws. It takes time and a lot of daily rehab exercises to get full functioning back without pain. There is no fast track for that. Do a youtube on rotator cuff rehab and you will see exactly what I mean.

  • @bbedward said:

    And MRI from Monday shows he didn’t injure his shoulder more on Sunday.

    https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2023/10/24/deshaun-watsons-mri-shows-no-further-damage-qbs-shoulder-report-nfl-injury-colts-pj-walker/71307200007/

    I can tell you as I speak there is such a thing as guarding, as in trying not to cause further injury by not using full motion. I have exactly that problem in racquetball right now and can't hit a tennis type overhead into either front corner which was a staple in my best shots. I now have to use a half overhead with wrist and elbow and go to the ceiling game instead. I do something similar on backhands, using wrist and elbow but not full use of arm and shoulder. Just go for accuracy over power.

    To make a long story short, I fully understand what Kevin is talking about. DW is definitely "guarding" that shoulder and it screws up his throws. It takes time and a lot of daily rehab exercises to get full functioning back without pain. There is no fast track for that. Do a youtube on rotator cuff rehab and you will see exactly what I mean.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I can tell you as I speak there is such a thing as guarding, as in trying not to cause further injury by not using full motion. I have exactly that problem in racquetball right now and can't hit a tennis type overhead into either front corner which was a staple in my best shots. I now have to use a half overhead with wrist and elbow and go to the ceiling game instead. I do something similar on backhands, using wrist and elbow but not full use of arm and shoulder. Just go for accuracy over power.

    To make a long story short, I fully understand what Kevin is talking about. DW is definitely "guarding" that shoulder and it screws up his throws. It takes time and a lot of daily rehab exercises to get full functioning back without pain. There is no fast track for that. Do a youtube on rotator cuff rehab and you will see exactly what I mean.

    Yea I think that’s what happened Sunday, it looked obvious to me on his very first throw the motion was off. Which was a short easy drag route. Which is why I’m not in the “he’s a pussy who doesn’t wanna play” camp yet.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    And just confirmed it’s Walker again on Sunday.

    Cleveland Browns@Browns
    P.J. Walker will start this week as Deshaun continues to rehab his throwing shoulder
  • And just confirmed it’s Walker again on Sunday.

    Cleveland Browns@Browns
    P.J. Walker will start this week as Deshaun continues to rehab his throwing shoulder
    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    And just confirmed it’s Walker again on Sunday.

    Let's see what he can do with a full week of practice. Go Browns!

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    Man this shit is a wild ride- fuck it, PJ Walker superbowl who disagrees?

  • Man this shit is a wild ride- fuck it, PJ Walker superbowl who disagrees?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    Man this shit is a wild ride- fuck it, PJ Walker superbowl who disagrees?

    maybe if we could get Derrick Henry

  • I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    Dobbs has been starting for Arizona this year and doing pretty well. Do I dare say let's see what a full week of practice with DTR and the starting WRs can do?   Ok, so he started against Baltimore's defense with very little time throwing to the starters the week of the game.  I just saw Baltimore do the same thing to Jared Goff and the Lions.  I think DTR has better upside than the upside-down we're getting from PJ.  I know he's trying but the throwing across his body into the blind spot shows me this tiger ain't changing his stripes any time soon.  

    My idea might not be any better but I think if DTR has the same full week of prep that PJ has - he'll be the better QB. We'll see what happens...

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Let's face it we can't trade him which is too bad. If Pickett gets hurt we could trade him to Pittsburgh for like $25. It would be worth eating the rest of his salary to have him play there.

    WSS

  • I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    Beyond awful.... And he's usually way off target with his passes too....  A not so stellar 48 qbr. If we're already throwing in the towel against Seattle, I'd rather see DTR take his lumps than PJ... 

    @bbedward said:

    Yea I think that’s what happened Sunday, it looked obvious to me on his very first throw the motion was off. Which was a short easy drag route. Which is why I’m not in the “he’s a pussy who doesn’t wanna play” camp yet.

    Ya think?  Even to my untrained eye, it was obvious from the 5 passes DW threw his mechanics were screwed up. Almost shot putting the ball... The coaches HAD to see in pregame warmups that Watson didn't have it, severe coaching malpractice. Will the Watson haters please stop calling him a pussy because in Stefanski's opinion, it's best to not let Watson play Sunday? He's apparently learned from the Mayfield fiasco to not let a qb go out there and try to play hurt, and lose games in the process- risking further injury.               

    @mddawg said:

    Let's see what he can do with a full week of practice. Go Browns!

    LOL!!! Even with a full week of practice, they're not miraculously turning PJ into a competent QB.... We've seen a lot of lousy quarterback play from those 30+ signal callers the Browns have had since 1999, and I'll have to put Walker in the bottom five- easy. I suggest having your zofran or emetrol handy Sunday to prevent uncontrolled barfing. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going actually do a half back track on the comment I made two weeks ago.  I’m not confident PJ can win one of the next two games…I see Watson coming back after the Seahawk game.  
     

    I think we have the personnel surrounding the QB position including a defense that can get the offense the ball back in decent field position where a guy like Dobbs or better can win a game.  Super Bowl aspirations don’t exist without Watson back and playing well.  But I think we have a critical juncture here and we need wins.  
     

    PJs decision making was awful.  Is there a Dobbs or comparable out there? 

    Dobbs has been starting for Arizona this year and doing pretty well. Do I dare say let's see what a full week of practice with DTR and the starting WRs can do?   Ok, so he started against Baltimore's defense with very little time throwing to the starters the week of the game.  I just saw Baltimore do the same thing to Jared Goff and the Lions.  I think DTR has better upside than the upside-down we're getting from PJ.  I know he's trying but the throwing across his body into the blind spot shows me this tiger ain't changing his stripes any time soon.  

    My idea might not be any better but I think if DTR has the same full week of prep that PJ has - he'll be the better QB. We'll see what happens...

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @flugel said:

    Dobbs has been starting for Arizona this year and doing pretty well. Do I dare say let's see what a full week of practice with DTR and the starting WRs can do?   Ok, so he started against Baltimore's defense with very little time throwing to the starters the week of the game.  I just saw Baltimore do the same thing to Jared Goff and the Lions.  I think DTR has better upside than the upside-down we're getting from PJ.  I know he's trying but the throwing across his body into the blind spot shows me this tiger ain't changing his stripes any time soon.  

    My idea might not be any better but I think if DTR has the same full week of prep that PJ has - he'll be the better QB. We'll see what happens...

    I agree though Seattle would be tough for the rookie. PJ walker sees the field about as well as Stevie wonder. DTR has more room for growth. 
     

    can’t believe this FO didn’t get a rental veteran after DTR Baltimore nightmare. Was the perfect time, going into the bye…very lucky the last 2 went our way. Watson has missed too many games for them not to pickup one of the FAs