Can Stefanski conjure up a winning formula after the Bye for once?
-
The niners were dominant on the oline and dline - and they have crazy talent everywhere. Purdy surprised me - he was really accurate.
The niner defense just was cruel to the cowboys. I thought their offensive line was better than that.
I've never seen Prescott look so helpless.
-
The 49ers crushed the Cowboys on SNF. Can our defense do better than the Cowboys and will Stef gameplan an offense that can outduel Kyle Shanahan's? I think Stefanski is 0fer after the bye so far so he would be bucking the trend but as Browns fans we hope there's always a first time.
The 49ers crushed the Cowboys on SNF. Can our defense do better than the Cowboys and will Stef gameplan an offense that can outduel Kyle Shanahan's? I think Stefanski is 0fer after the bye so far so he would be bucking the trend but as Browns fans we hope there's always a first time.
https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/cleveland-browns-post-bye-success-with-kevin-stefanski
He's 2-1 after a BYE fyi.
Yes, it's going to take a near perfect game plan to take down SF. DW may not play.
Stefanski certainly isn't above criticism. Hopefully he learned from the Ratbirds game that DTR was awestruck. I just find the calls for him to be canned silly.
-
The 49ers crushed the Cowboys on SNF. Can our defense do better than the Cowboys and will Stef gameplan an offense that can outduel Kyle Shanahan's? I think Stefanski is 0fer after the bye so far so he would be bucking the trend but as Browns fans we hope there's always a first time.
I think Stefanski is 0fer after the bye so far so he would be bucking the trend but as Browns fans we hope there's always a first time.
2-1 after the bye. The miracle of the internet can allow for people to not look and sound like complete dumbasses, provided you use it correctly.
There's no further conversation to be had if you can't even get the basics of the thread to be accurate from the very go.
-
I think Stefanski is 0fer after the bye so far so he would be bucking the trend but as Browns fans we hope there's always a first time.
2-1 after the bye. The miracle of the internet can allow for people to not look and sound like complete dumbasses, provided you use it correctly.
There's no further conversation to be had if you can't even get the basics of the thread to be accurate from the very go.
2-1 after the bye. The miracle of the internet can allow for people to not look and sound like complete dumbasses, provided you use it correctly.
There's no further conversation to be had if you can't even get the basics of the thread to be accurate from the very go.
LOL! for that above.
So how are you betting the game with a Browns +4.5 spread last I looked?
-
2-1 after the bye. The miracle of the internet can allow for people to not look and sound like complete dumbasses, provided you use it correctly.
There's no further conversation to be had if you can't even get the basics of the thread to be accurate from the very go.
LOL! for that above.
So how are you betting the game with a Browns +4.5 spread last I looked?
LOL! for that above.
So how are you betting the game with a Browns +4.5 spread last I looked?
If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long. Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.
There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy. Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency. The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage. The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C. So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.
Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive. I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?
I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14? I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.
edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense. While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods. Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent. Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment. That's what the Niners remind me of. The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.
-
-
-
I was supposed to go with my buddy to this game, but his kid yadda yadda yadda so he's not able to go and is attempting to sell his tickets instead.
I'm not real upset.
You never know when it's going to be one of those OMG games............ or a real dud. Flip a coin.
-
LOL! for that above.
So how are you betting the game with a Browns +4.5 spread last I looked?
If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long. Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.
There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy. Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency. The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage. The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C. So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.
Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive. I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?
I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14? I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.
edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense. While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods. Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent. Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment. That's what the Niners remind me of. The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.
If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long. Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.
There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy. Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency. The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage. The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C. So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.
Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive. I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?
I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14? I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.
edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense. While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods. Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent. Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment. That's what the Niners remind me of. The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.
And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time
-
If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long. Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.
There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy. Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency. The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage. The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C. So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.
Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive. I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?
I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14? I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.
edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense. While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods. Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent. Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment. That's what the Niners remind me of. The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.
And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time
And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time
A lot of teams use pre-snap motions, what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets. They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game. But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game. Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL IMHO.
-
And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time
A lot of teams use pre-snap motions, what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets. They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game. But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game. Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL IMHO.
what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets. They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game. But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game. Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL
This is what I felt like the Browns were planning to do this year. They had told Chubb that he was going to catch more passes this year. They wanted to come to the LOS and be able to do either.
-
what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets. They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game. But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game. Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL
This is what I felt like the Browns were planning to do this year. They had told Chubb that he was going to catch more passes this year. They wanted to come to the LOS and be able to do either.
They had told Chubb that he was going to catch more passes this year. They wanted to come to the LOS and be able to do either.
and this is why Philly still has the best chance to tango with the 9'ers..
Philly's OL has the physical maulers to equal Fran's front 4 verses our now weak links at both tackles
We really lost our best 49'ers game plan when Chubb went down ? Hurts has only been asked to throw against this 9'ers defense 25 attempts per both past games
Eagles should continue combining running Hurts & RB corp to stay ahead of the chains while Shanny's best weapons (offense) stays on the sidelines
teams trying to play catch up throwing 35-40 times against these 9'ers? Take notes Stef...
-
And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time
A lot of teams use pre-snap motions, what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets. They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game. But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game. Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL IMHO.
A lot of teams use pre-snap motions, what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets. They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game. But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game. Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL IMHO.
Fortunately for me it was Kittle's 3rd TD that won me the weekly FFL by only 3 points. I had to make the decision to keep Aaron Jones RB-GB on my roster since he was projected to play up until just a couple of hours before MNF. They paid for it too. And he had been in full practice all week after just a few runs coming back from injury the week before. In a game like that he would have made the difference IMHO.
-
They had told Chubb that he was going to catch more passes this year. They wanted to come to the LOS and be able to do either.
and this is why Philly still has the best chance to tango with the 9'ers..
Philly's OL has the physical maulers to equal Fran's front 4 verses our now weak links at both tackles
We really lost our best 49'ers game plan when Chubb went down ? Hurts has only been asked to throw against this 9'ers defense 25 attempts per both past games
Eagles should continue combining running Hurts & RB corp to stay ahead of the chains while Shanny's best weapons (offense) stays on the sidelines
teams trying to play catch up throwing 35-40 times against these 9'ers? Take notes Stef...
and this is why Philly still has the best chance to tango with the 9'ers..
Philly's OL has the physical maulers to equal Fran's front 4 verses our now weak links at both tackles
We really lost our best 49'ers game plan when Chubb went down ? Hurts has only been asked to throw against this 9'ers defense 25 attempts per both past games
Eagles should continue combining running Hurts & RB corp to stay ahead of the chains while Shanny's best weapons (offense) stays on the sidelines
teams trying to play catch up throwing 35-40 times against these 9'ers? Take notes Stef...
The 49ers and Eagles know who they are. They both have a philosophy they build their team around. Cleveland does not. YES, I know Chubb gave us a great ground game - but everything around that only helped us win 7 games. I also understand the Browns played with a backup QB until Watson was cleared from suspension (where he went 3-3 after not playing 1 season and 2/3 of the next season). Even so, Chubb would usually help us get leads that a Defense with NO starting caliber DTs could protect. This year, we have a Left Tackle that's struggling bad with a rookie Right Tackle with a lot to learn. On top of that, I think we've learned by now the offensive design and game planning/play-calling committee and instilling any confidence in the offense or the fans.
I DO like what they have done to upgrade the defense since last season. However, I thought they would really take some time in the off season and put something together on the offense. I was wrong. We're facing a team Sunday that has everything this franchise is missing. I wish I had reasons to be confident right now. Hopefully I am wrong about that too...
-
-
My magic 8 Ball has not been censored yet for saying "Your Fucked!"?
Mine is either in a different language or someone in here was in charge of the spelling. The good news is if you drink enough beer - it starts to make sense.
Maybe that's my problem with the Browns. I'm not drinking enough. Right now it would probably take at least Four 6 packs before that offense looks sexy.
-
My magic 8 Ball has not been censored yet for saying "Your Fucked!"?
Mine is either in a different language or someone in here was in charge of the spelling. The good news is if you drink enough beer - it starts to make sense.
Maybe that's my problem with the Browns. I'm not drinking enough. Right now it would probably take at least Four 6 packs before that offense looks sexy.
Mine is either in a different language or someone in here was in charge of the spelling. The good news is if you drink enough beer - it starts to make sense.
Maybe that's my problem with the Browns. I'm not drinking enough. Right now it would probably take at least Four 6 packs before that offense looks sexy.
there in louds you problem,start drinking heavy on friday
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
.