Skip to content

Can Stefanski conjure up a winning formula after the Bye for once?

The Browns Board
58 20 3.1k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    2-1 after the bye.   The miracle of the internet can allow for people to not look and sound like complete dumbasses, provided you use it correctly.  

    There's no further conversation to be had if you can't even get the basics of the thread to be accurate from the very go.

    LOL! for that above.

    So how are you betting the game with a Browns +4.5 spread last I looked?   

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #10

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! for that above.

    So how are you betting the game with a Browns +4.5 spread last I looked?   

     If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long.  Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.  

     There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy.      Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency.   The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage.   The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C.  So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.  

     Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive.  I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?

     I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14?  I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.  

    edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense.  While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods.  Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent.  Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment.     That's what the Niners remind me of.   The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I'm glad that we're getting this 9'er game out of the way this week.  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    ~     Just one thing ..... NFL football   can   be one sometimes totally unpredictable beast at times.  "On any given Sunday "  or Thursday  or Sunday night even MNF ...... just when you think that you've got it    ALL. FIGURED  OUT.    BLAM !    SURPRISE  !

    Just sayin'.     

  • I'm glad that we're getting this 9'er game out of the way this week.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @orion said:

    I'm glad that we're getting this 9'er game out of the way this week.  

    Yeah,  I'm putting the rent money + the grocery money  + plus any other money that I can scrape together  on  SF TO WIN, BABY !      Good luck with that ..... baby.   😆. 

    Oh this is quite an unpredictable game ....   baby!     

  • I'm glad that we're getting this 9'er game out of the way this week.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @orion said:

    I'm glad that we're getting this 9'er game out of the way this week.  

    I was supposed to go with my buddy to this game, but his kid yadda yadda yadda so he's not able to go and is attempting to sell his tickets instead.

    I'm not real upset. 

  • @orion said:

    I'm glad that we're getting this 9'er game out of the way this week.  

    I was supposed to go with my buddy to this game, but his kid yadda yadda yadda so he's not able to go and is attempting to sell his tickets instead.

    I'm not real upset. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    I was supposed to go with my buddy to this game, but his kid yadda yadda yadda so he's not able to go and is attempting to sell his tickets instead.

    I'm not real upset. 

    You never know when it's going to be one of those OMG games............  or a real dud.  Flip a coin.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! for that above.

    So how are you betting the game with a Browns +4.5 spread last I looked?   

     If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long.  Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.  

     There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy.      Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency.   The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage.   The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C.  So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.  

     Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive.  I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?

     I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14?  I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.  

    edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense.  While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods.  Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent.  Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment.     That's what the Niners remind me of.   The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tiamat63 said:

     If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long.  Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.  

     There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy.      Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency.   The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage.   The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C.  So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.  

     Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive.  I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?

     I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14?  I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.  

    edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense.  While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods.  Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent.  Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment.     That's what the Niners remind me of.   The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.

    And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time

  • @tiamat63 said:

     If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long.  Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.  

     There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy.      Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency.   The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage.   The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C.  So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.  

     Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive.  I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?

     I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14?  I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.  

    edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense.  While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods.  Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent.  Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment.     That's what the Niners remind me of.   The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.

    And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time

     A lot of teams use pre-snap motions, what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets.   They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game.   But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game.    Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL IMHO.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time

     A lot of teams use pre-snap motions, what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets.   They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game.   But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game.    Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL IMHO.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tiamat63 said:

    what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets.   They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game.   But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game.    Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL

    This is what I felt like the Browns were planning to do this year.  They had told Chubb that he was going to catch more passes this year.  They wanted to come to the LOS and be able to do either.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets.   They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game.   But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game.    Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL

    This is what I felt like the Browns were planning to do this year.  They had told Chubb that he was going to catch more passes this year.  They wanted to come to the LOS and be able to do either.  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @orion said:

     They had told Chubb that he was going to catch more passes this year.  They wanted to come to the LOS and be able to do either.  

    and this is why Philly still has the best chance to tango with the 9'ers..

    Philly's OL has the physical maulers to equal Fran's front 4 verses our now weak links at both tackles

    We really lost our best 49'ers game plan when Chubb went down ? Hurts has only been asked to throw against this 9'ers defense 25 attempts per both past games 

    Eagles should continue combining running Hurts & RB corp to stay ahead of the chains while Shanny's best weapons (offense) stays on the sidelines

    teams trying to play catch up throwing 35-40 times against these 9'ers? Take notes Stef...   

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And Miami uses similar pre-snap motions as well, but not nearly as constantly as the Niners it seems to me. But it works for them too with even greater speed in their WRs and RBs. It's fun to watch both offenses when they are really in sinc. It was amazing to me that so often Kittle became the forgotten man last night. And it cost Dallas big time

     A lot of teams use pre-snap motions, what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets.   They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game.   But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game.    Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL IMHO.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tiamat63 said:

     A lot of teams use pre-snap motions, what makes San Fran unique is the personnel in which they choose to do it from and their formation resets.   They basically force you to stay in whatever your 'base' is to deal with their 21 and 12... because they get you focused on the running game.   But those same groups can run right at you while having the versatility to function at the highest levels in the passing game.    Minus the element of the QB running game like PHI and BLT, it's the most diverse offense in the NFL IMHO.

    Fortunately for me it was Kittle's 3rd TD that won me the weekly FFL by only 3 points. I had to make the decision to keep Aaron Jones RB-GB on my roster since he was projected to play up until just a couple of hours before MNF. They paid for it too. And he had been in full practice all week after just a few runs coming back from injury the week before. In a game like that he would have made the difference IMHO.

  • @orion said:

     They had told Chubb that he was going to catch more passes this year.  They wanted to come to the LOS and be able to do either.  

    and this is why Philly still has the best chance to tango with the 9'ers..

    Philly's OL has the physical maulers to equal Fran's front 4 verses our now weak links at both tackles

    We really lost our best 49'ers game plan when Chubb went down ? Hurts has only been asked to throw against this 9'ers defense 25 attempts per both past games 

    Eagles should continue combining running Hurts & RB corp to stay ahead of the chains while Shanny's best weapons (offense) stays on the sidelines

    teams trying to play catch up throwing 35-40 times against these 9'ers? Take notes Stef...   

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gumby73 said:

    and this is why Philly still has the best chance to tango with the 9'ers..

    Philly's OL has the physical maulers to equal Fran's front 4 verses our now weak links at both tackles

    We really lost our best 49'ers game plan when Chubb went down ? Hurts has only been asked to throw against this 9'ers defense 25 attempts per both past games 

    Eagles should continue combining running Hurts & RB corp to stay ahead of the chains while Shanny's best weapons (offense) stays on the sidelines

    teams trying to play catch up throwing 35-40 times against these 9'ers? Take notes Stef...   

    The 49ers and Eagles know who they are.  They both have a philosophy they build their team around.  Cleveland does not.  YES, I know Chubb gave us a great ground game - but everything around that only helped us win 7 games.  I also understand the Browns played with a backup QB until Watson was cleared from suspension (where he went 3-3 after not playing 1 season and 2/3 of the next season).  Even so, Chubb would usually help us get leads that a Defense with NO starting caliber DTs could protect.  This year, we have a Left Tackle that's struggling bad with a rookie Right Tackle with a lot to learn.  On top of that, I think we've learned by now the offensive design and game planning/play-calling committee and instilling any confidence in the offense or the fans.

    I DO like what they have done to upgrade the defense since last season.  However, I thought they would really take some time in the off season and put something together on the offense.  I was wrong.  We're facing a team Sunday that has everything this franchise is missing.  I wish I had reasons to be confident right now.  Hopefully I am wrong about that too...

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Magic 8 ball says...

    No.

  • Magic 8 ball says...

    No.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @kvoethe said:

    Magic 8 ball says...

    No.

    My magic 8 Ball has not been censored yet for saying "Your Fucked!"?

  • @kvoethe said:

    Magic 8 ball says...

    No.

    My magic 8 Ball has not been censored yet for saying "Your Fucked!"?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @texasag1969 said:

    My magic 8 Ball has not been censored yet for saying "Your Fucked!"?

    Mine is either in a different language or someone in here was in charge of the spelling.  The good news is if you drink enough beer - it starts to make sense. 

    Maybe that's my problem with the Browns.  I'm not drinking enough.  Right now it would probably take at least Four 6 packs before that offense looks sexy.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    My magic 8 Ball has not been censored yet for saying "Your Fucked!"?

    Mine is either in a different language or someone in here was in charge of the spelling.  The good news is if you drink enough beer - it starts to make sense. 

    Maybe that's my problem with the Browns.  I'm not drinking enough.  Right now it would probably take at least Four 6 packs before that offense looks sexy.  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @flugel said:

    Mine is either in a different language or someone in here was in charge of the spelling.  The good news is if you drink enough beer - it starts to make sense. 

    Maybe that's my problem with the Browns.  I'm not drinking enough.  Right now it would probably take at least Four 6 packs before that offense looks sexy.  

    there in louds you problem,start drinking heavy on friday

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! for that above.

    So how are you betting the game with a Browns +4.5 spread last I looked?   

     If it's +4.5 now, it won't stay there for long.  Although I'm sure, and starting tomorrow when a lot of Vegas Sharps start talking, they'll mention at great length the emotional 'get up' to face the Cowboys at home; and how the Niners will struggle to maintain that level flying across the country to face Cleveland in questionable weather.  

     There's also my belief that Shanahan still feels the slight from his time in Cleveland, so I doubt he'll be one to go easy.      Weather CAN be the great equalizer, but in our case the Niners also have a great defense to compliment their monster offensive efficiency.   The Browns? Not so much the offensive efficiency and efficacy while we struggle to find a balance between Watson knows and has done, vs Stef's career long offensive philosophy and personnel usage.   The Browns Oline is fielding a bottom 3 LT, a rookie RT and a banged up C.  So that's 60% of your Oline that has a ? above their heads.  

     Meanwhile the designs and personnel the Niners use can eat man coverage alive.  I think Aiyuk has the highest catch % against man coverage in the entire NFL, last I checked?

     I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14?  I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses.  

    edit: San Fran reminds of what Kellen Moore spoke of about the Boise State offense.  While they had good players, they had great coaches who helped increase the football I.Q. through their methods.  Focus, awareness, a complete understanding of their offensive structure and clearly defined philosophy while slowly adding things on throughout the week per opponent.  Beyond that, a lot of what Boise did at times was simple stuff, but incredibly well window dressed with pre-snap motions and personnel groupings that were VERY flexible in assignment.     That's what the Niners remind me of.   The things they can do from 12 and 21 personnel are insane.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tiamat63 said:

    I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14?  I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses. 

    Yep, it's already moved to +5.5 as of this morning. I would not be surprised if it goes further when it becomes clear Watson is out.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I suppose I COULD see something like 27-14?  I wouldn't touch the over... but I struggle to find anyway the Browns stay within 4.5 and I fully expect that line to move a full point as the week progresses. 

    Yep, it's already moved to +5.5 as of this morning. I would not be surprised if it goes further when it becomes clear Watson is out.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep, it's already moved to +5.5 as of this morning. I would not be surprised if it goes further when it becomes clear Watson is out.

     Was coming here to say just that. 

    It'll settle around +6, then Watson out it'll jump +7/.5 and possibly even more. 

     Run CmC just got 30 touches last week in a huge NFC game against Dallas.  Any chance they get to rest him, should the Niners go up a couple scores, I fully expect Jordan Mason to get carries.  So I'm looking early at low carry prop lines for him.  Weather included, it'll be a grind-it-out game for S.F.  

  • Magic 8 ball says...

    No.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @kvoethe said:

    Magic 8 ball says...

    No.

    My magic 8 ball used to say "throw a hotel party". 

    .... My 8 might have been of a slightly different variety, now that I think of it. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #29

    My Magic 8 ball says no because Stefanski himself is his own worst enemy..