Skip to content

the Hoorta on the road- yes and maybe...

The Browns Board
7 6 1.2k
  • I'm making the trip over to Indy Sunday to Lucas Oil. Have in laws that live north of town. Unfortunately, for a guy who doesn't get up at the break of dawn anymore to tailgate, both the Indy Browns Backers and Steve Weber's GNATS Tailgaters will be wrapping up around the time I make it to downtown Indy.... If you have an interest, you can check the Central Indiana Browns Backers and Steve's GNATS Tailgaters sites for more info.  

    Which brings me to another potential road trip.... I was going to blow off the Browns playing the Rams in LA- until I found out Allegiant has nonstop round trip flights (with attractive times) from Cinci to LA for less than $200 bucks. And LAX is only 5 miles away from SoFy- negating the need for a car. Plenty of cheapo hotels within easy walking distance of the stadium too. 

    So my question to our West Coast contingent- (never been to LA) what's the neighborhood like around LAX and SoFy? Not worth it if you're going to get robbed in a hotel or on the way walking to the game. 

    Thanks.  

  • I'm making the trip over to Indy Sunday to Lucas Oil. Have in laws that live north of town. Unfortunately, for a guy who doesn't get up at the break of dawn anymore to tailgate, both the Indy Browns Backers and Steve Weber's GNATS Tailgaters will be wrapping up around the time I make it to downtown Indy.... If you have an interest, you can check the Central Indiana Browns Backers and Steve's GNATS Tailgaters sites for more info.  

    Which brings me to another potential road trip.... I was going to blow off the Browns playing the Rams in LA- until I found out Allegiant has nonstop round trip flights (with attractive times) from Cinci to LA for less than $200 bucks. And LAX is only 5 miles away from SoFy- negating the need for a car. Plenty of cheapo hotels within easy walking distance of the stadium too. 

    So my question to our West Coast contingent- (never been to LA) what's the neighborhood like around LAX and SoFy? Not worth it if you're going to get robbed in a hotel or on the way walking to the game. 

    Thanks.  

    @hoorta said:

    I'm making the trip over to Indy Sunday to Lucas Oil. Have in laws that live north of town. Unfortunately, for a guy who doesn't get up at the break of dawn anymore to tailgate, both the Indy Browns Backers and Steve Weber's GNATS Tailgaters will be wrapping up around the time I make it to downtown Indy.... If you have an interest, you can check the Central Indiana Browns Backers and Steve's GNATS Tailgaters sites for more info.  

    Which brings me to another potential road trip.... I was going to blow off the Browns playing the Rams in LA- until I found out Allegiant has nonstop round trip flights (with attractive times) from Cinci to LA for less than $200 bucks. And LAX is only 5 miles away from SoFy- negating the need for a car. Plenty of cheapo hotels within easy walking distance of the stadium too. 

    So my question to our West Coast contingent- (never been to LA) what's the neighborhood like around LAX and SoFy? Not worth it if you're going to get robbed in a hotel or on the way walking to the game. 

    Thanks.  

    Never been, but I always use google maps to check out areas before I go.  I see mostly 1 and 2 star hotels near the stadium .  Some going for $69 a night.

    My general impression is it pretty much a crappy area.  Do what you want, but $69 a night pretty much borders on a flop house rate.  I wouldn't stay anywhere near there.

    For that matter, i wouldn't go to LA for any reason.

  • It takes me 40 minutes to run 5 miles, I'd use Uber.

  • JaxJ Jax

    @jax said:

    ~       i love to use these things !    Well done.   

  • I'm making the trip over to Indy Sunday to Lucas Oil. Have in laws that live north of town. Unfortunately, for a guy who doesn't get up at the break of dawn anymore to tailgate, both the Indy Browns Backers and Steve Weber's GNATS Tailgaters will be wrapping up around the time I make it to downtown Indy.... If you have an interest, you can check the Central Indiana Browns Backers and Steve's GNATS Tailgaters sites for more info.  

    Which brings me to another potential road trip.... I was going to blow off the Browns playing the Rams in LA- until I found out Allegiant has nonstop round trip flights (with attractive times) from Cinci to LA for less than $200 bucks. And LAX is only 5 miles away from SoFy- negating the need for a car. Plenty of cheapo hotels within easy walking distance of the stadium too. 

    So my question to our West Coast contingent- (never been to LA) what's the neighborhood like around LAX and SoFy? Not worth it if you're going to get robbed in a hotel or on the way walking to the game. 

    Thanks.  

    @hoorta said:

    I'm making the trip over to Indy Sunday to Lucas Oil. Have in laws that live north of town. Unfortunately, for a guy who doesn't get up at the break of dawn anymore to tailgate, both the Indy Browns Backers and Steve Weber's GNATS Tailgaters will be wrapping up around the time I make it to downtown Indy.... If you have an interest, you can check the Central Indiana Browns Backers and Steve's GNATS Tailgaters sites for more info.  

    Which brings me to another potential road trip.... I was going to blow off the Browns playing the Rams in LA- until I found out Allegiant has nonstop round trip flights (with attractive times) from Cinci to LA for less than $200 bucks. And LAX is only 5 miles away from SoFy- negating the need for a car. Plenty of cheapo hotels within easy walking distance of the stadium too. 

    So my question to our West Coast contingent- (never been to LA) what's the neighborhood like around LAX and SoFy? Not worth it if you're going to get robbed in a hotel or on the way walking to the game. 

    Thanks.  

    Man, I would not want to walk to the stadium from any of the hotels in the area. You will be fine around the stadium itself with all of the other people, but there would be no way in hell that I would find myself away from that safety net trying to hoof it to a hotel. A taxi or Uber would be the safest bet, but be prepared to wait a while for either.

  • I'm making the trip over to Indy Sunday to Lucas Oil. Have in laws that live north of town. Unfortunately, for a guy who doesn't get up at the break of dawn anymore to tailgate, both the Indy Browns Backers and Steve Weber's GNATS Tailgaters will be wrapping up around the time I make it to downtown Indy.... If you have an interest, you can check the Central Indiana Browns Backers and Steve's GNATS Tailgaters sites for more info.  

    Which brings me to another potential road trip.... I was going to blow off the Browns playing the Rams in LA- until I found out Allegiant has nonstop round trip flights (with attractive times) from Cinci to LA for less than $200 bucks. And LAX is only 5 miles away from SoFy- negating the need for a car. Plenty of cheapo hotels within easy walking distance of the stadium too. 

    So my question to our West Coast contingent- (never been to LA) what's the neighborhood like around LAX and SoFy? Not worth it if you're going to get robbed in a hotel or on the way walking to the game. 

    Thanks.  

    @hoorta said:

    I'm making the trip over to Indy Sunday to Lucas Oil. Have in laws that live north of town. Unfortunately, for a guy who doesn't get up at the break of dawn anymore to tailgate, both the Indy Browns Backers and Steve Weber's GNATS Tailgaters will be wrapping up around the time I make it to downtown Indy.... If you have an interest, you can check the Central Indiana Browns Backers and Steve's GNATS Tailgaters sites for more info.  

    Which brings me to another potential road trip.... I was going to blow off the Browns playing the Rams in LA- until I found out Allegiant has nonstop round trip flights (with attractive times) from Cinci to LA for less than $200 bucks. And LAX is only 5 miles away from SoFy- negating the need for a car. Plenty of cheapo hotels within easy walking distance of the stadium too. 

    So my question to our West Coast contingent- (never been to LA) what's the neighborhood like around LAX and SoFy? Not worth it if you're going to get robbed in a hotel or on the way walking to the game. 

    Thanks.  

    Go Metro on Game Day - LA Metro This could be a useful option for getting to and from with a match day shuttle bus running from a local metro stop. I went to watch LAFC in 2019 and used the metro and buses to get from my hotel in West Hollywood. Only snag was I found the ticket machines very hard to figure out.