Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Colts

The Browns Board
26 14 1.0k
  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Similar TotT from nfl.com shows how crazy up and down the Browns we have been this year. With Watson, or even a decent back-up playing, we should steamroll these guys. As it stands, we are fully dependent on our D to keep being historic:

    Cleveland’s defense has established a historic pace through five games. As previously noted, the 1,002 yards allowed by the Browns are the fewest through five games since 1971, and the third fewest of all time.

    image.png.a8aacb54a19e0d8a1b522d95edb462cd.png

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Watson's comments yesterday made it seem pretty obvious he's not playing Sunday.

    With that being said, I have confidence in Walker this game to get the offense moving. The Colts losing Grover Stewart is a big loss for our area of strength on the line at the guard positions. This is a definitely a game that needs to be in the W column.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Where to watch?

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=7

    Looks like ALL of Ohio gets this one, even Van Wert county. KY, most of IN, WV, and TN, and a solid chunk of PA and IL get it too.

    After the game l plan to move to Illinois and start a midwestern Beastie Boys cover band called License to IL. No sleep ‘til Peoria!

    IMG_9346.jpeg

  • Watson's comments yesterday made it seem pretty obvious he's not playing Sunday.

    With that being said, I have confidence in Walker this game to get the offense moving. The Colts losing Grover Stewart is a big loss for our area of strength on the line at the guard positions. This is a definitely a game that needs to be in the W column.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @jrb12711 said:

    Watson's comments yesterday made it seem pretty obvious he's not playing Sunday.

    With that being said, I have confidence in Walker this game to get the offense moving. The Colts losing Grover Stewart is a big loss for our area of strength on the line at the guard positions. This is a definitely a game that needs to be in the W column.

    Watson was limited in practice today- means he actually threw a few passes. So don't rule him out- yet.  

  • Where to watch?

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=7

    Looks like ALL of Ohio gets this one, even Van Wert county. KY, most of IN, WV, and TN, and a solid chunk of PA and IL get it too.

    After the game l plan to move to Illinois and start a midwestern Beastie Boys cover band called License to IL. No sleep ‘til Peoria!

    IMG_9346.jpeg

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Where to watch?

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=7

    Looks like ALL of Ohio gets this one, even Van Wert county. KY, most of IN, WV, and TN, and a solid chunk of PA and IL get it too.

    After the game l plan to move to Illinois and start a midwestern Beastie Boys cover band called License to IL. No sleep ‘til Peoria!

    IMG_9346.jpeg

    & the green blobs include the AFC South Texans and Titans.  Jacksonville doesn't rate apparently.  

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Watson's comments yesterday made it seem pretty obvious he's not playing Sunday.

    With that being said, I have confidence in Walker this game to get the offense moving. The Colts losing Grover Stewart is a big loss for our area of strength on the line at the guard positions. This is a definitely a game that needs to be in the W column.

    Watson was limited in practice today- means he actually threw a few passes. So don't rule him out- yet.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @hoorta said:

    Watson was limited in practice today- means he actually threw a few passes. So don't rule him out- yet.  

    The little tweet clip posted on Yahoo showed him out there playing catch with a guy not far from him, while somebody else right behind him was running the offense passing plays in practice.  (I assume PJ)     I don't see Watson playing.

  • @hoorta said:

    Watson was limited in practice today- means he actually threw a few passes. So don't rule him out- yet.  

    The little tweet clip posted on Yahoo showed him out there playing catch with a guy not far from him, while somebody else right behind him was running the offense passing plays in practice.  (I assume PJ)     I don't see Watson playing.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @orion said:

    The little tweet clip posted on Yahoo showed him out there playing catch with a guy not far from him, while somebody else right behind him was running the offense passing plays in practice.  (I assume PJ)     I don't see Watson playing.

    & if there's ever a game we can let it slide with PJ this is it. MHO, I'd rather go with a 100% PJ than a 50% Watson. I'm not giving up hope Deshaun could be ready by Sunday.  I did look at that YouTube explaining his injury, and it's sort of a weird muscle to get a deep bruise on, you'd almost have to get hit from behind to do it.  

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    image.png.b18f38463354fd9d2f7e75fcf17a568f.png 

                                                    download.jpg.ec6e90b5eb3671cdf2ff50188329483d.jpg                 AT               download.jpg.a7c3c405a04ab231d4251d889c6b34c9.jpg     

    ?   

  • @texasag1969 said:

    .... dropped two unproductive NO players who had 1 TD between them in 6 games.

    Uh oh, you know the Saints will drop 40+ on Jax tonight?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @bob806 said:

    Uh oh, you know the Saints will drop 40+ on Jax tonight?

    LOL! Well I did keep Michael Thomas, the NO WR. Dropped Hill and Pitts. So far at half they have 6 points and Thomas has no catches.

    Only 34 more points to go!!?

  • The Browns need this one bad. AFC opponent and a long cross country trip the following week.

    5 of the next 7 on the road, pretty tough task for any team. Here's hoping last week's game ignites a winning streak.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @bob806 said:

    The Browns need this one bad. AFC opponent

    One game at a time right?  They're 3-3 and we're 3-2.  This is a tie-breaker game.  We need to beat them to be ahead of them in the standings and to have the tie-breaker for a Wild Card spot.  If we lose, they're ahead of us and hold the tie-breaker.  Important game here.

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #16

    The Browns won the first game ✔️

    The Browns beat a good team✔️

    The Browns won coming out of the bye week✔️

    This seems like a trap game. A game we can totally win but could end up losing. If the culture has truly changed, the defense comes out and hammers the Colts offense and we scrape by again with PJ Walker. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    .... dropped two unproductive NO players who had 1 TD between them in 6 games.

    Uh oh, you know the Saints will drop 40+ on Jax tonight?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #17

    @bob806 said:

    Uh oh, you know the Saints will drop 40+ on Jax tonight?

    Wouldn't you know that damn Hill scored his first TD of the season. And I was wrong on dropping the other. I kept Michael Thomas but he also scored a TD that 2nd half, so good decision to hang on to him. It was Philly's RB Penny I dropped in addition to Hill. Bastiage will prolly score 4 TDs this weekend.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Watson's comments yesterday made it seem pretty obvious he's not playing Sunday.

    With that being said, I have confidence in Walker this game to get the offense moving. The Colts losing Grover Stewart is a big loss for our area of strength on the line at the guard positions. This is a definitely a game that needs to be in the W column.

    Watson was limited in practice today- means he actually threw a few passes. So don't rule him out- yet.  

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @hoorta said:

    Watson was limited in practice today- means he actually threw a few passes. So don't rule him out- yet.  

    Yeah, sort of feels like mind games based on the lollipop passes he was putting out there. 

    Something about the whole situation just reeks to me though, but I don't know. I feel like some are saying it's "mind games" to have opponents think Watson is gonna be out there, but when are injuries this secretive? Is it a situation where perhaps the Browns medical team just missed it, and now don't want egg on their face? It's just very, very weird to me.

  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I'm uncomfortable about this game and agree it's a trap game. I live in the Indianapolis area. Nobody expected the Colts to be 3-3 at this point - fans, local sport talk, the guys that cover the team. Most were expecting them to draft Marvin Harrison, Jr with the First Pick in the 2024 Draft.

    They have nothing to lose. Just like last week, the Browns had nothing to lose.

    I'm relieved Grover Strewart is out. Garner Menshew hasn't really had a hero moment, yet. They have their home run hitter back with Jonathon Taylor. The Browns can't come out flat.

    The Colts are the most gray man entitled fan base in the NFL. Not many hate Colts fans, but I can't stand them. They were so spoiled with the Bill Polian/Manning Teams and then turned right around, drafted Andrew Luck and advanced one round further into the playoffs every year the first three years under Ryan Grigson. The way fans out here bitch and moan about their QB woes drives me crazy. They have zero clue about QB woes. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

  • @hoorta said:

    Watson was limited in practice today- means he actually threw a few passes. So don't rule him out- yet.  

    Yeah, sort of feels like mind games based on the lollipop passes he was putting out there. 

    Something about the whole situation just reeks to me though, but I don't know. I feel like some are saying it's "mind games" to have opponents think Watson is gonna be out there, but when are injuries this secretive? Is it a situation where perhaps the Browns medical team just missed it, and now don't want egg on their face? It's just very, very weird to me.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @jrb12711 said:

    Yeah, sort of feels like mind games based on the lollipop passes he was putting out there. 

    Something about the whole situation just reeks to me though, but I don't know. I feel like some are saying it's "mind games" to have opponents think Watson is gonna be out there, but when are injuries this secretive? Is it a situation where perhaps the Browns medical team just missed it, and now don't want egg on their face? It's just very, very weird to me.

    Latest on NFL.com is a lot of coach speak. Watson did practice today...  Stefanski- "he's day to day".  Listed as questionable on the injury report. ?

    & looking at that detailed Doc video on rotator cuff injuries, makes sense the muscle he injured is on the back of the shoulder. Rewatching the tape, he did get hit from behind

  • A AP1

    I'm uncomfortable about this game and agree it's a trap game. I live in the Indianapolis area. Nobody expected the Colts to be 3-3 at this point - fans, local sport talk, the guys that cover the team. Most were expecting them to draft Marvin Harrison, Jr with the First Pick in the 2024 Draft.

    They have nothing to lose. Just like last week, the Browns had nothing to lose.

    I'm relieved Grover Strewart is out. Garner Menshew hasn't really had a hero moment, yet. They have their home run hitter back with Jonathon Taylor. The Browns can't come out flat.

    The Colts are the most gray man entitled fan base in the NFL. Not many hate Colts fans, but I can't stand them. They were so spoiled with the Bill Polian/Manning Teams and then turned right around, drafted Andrew Luck and advanced one round further into the playoffs every year the first three years under Ryan Grigson. The way fans out here bitch and moan about their QB woes drives me crazy. They have zero clue about QB woes. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #21

    @ap1 said:

    I'm uncomfortable about this game and agree it's a trap game. I live in the Indianapolis area. Nobody expected the Colts to be 3-3 at this point - fans, local sport talk, the guys that cover the team. Most were expecting them to draft Marvin Harrison, Jr with the First Pick in the 2024 Draft.

    They have nothing to lose. Just like last week, the Browns had nothing to lose.

    I'm relieved Grover Strewart is out. Garner Menshew hasn't really had a hero moment, yet. They have their home run hitter back with Jonathon Taylor. The Browns can't come out flat.

    The Colts are the most gray man entitled fan base in the NFL. Not many hate Colts fans, but I can't stand them. They were so spoiled with the Bill Polian/Manning Teams and then turned right around, drafted Andrew Luck and advanced one round further into the playoffs every year the first three years under Ryan Grigson. The way fans out here bitch and moan about their QB woes drives me crazy. They have zero clue about QB woes. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

    Well, from reports I've seen from Central Indiana Browns Backers and GNATS Tailgaters (Steve is hanging out in Lot 10 BYOB, his food is sold out), there's going to be a ton of Browns fans invading Lucas Oil Sunday. FWIW, I'm making the two hour drive over to Indy Saturday night. Section 443 for the game. 

    PS- Regarding spoiled fans. Doesn't it just warm your heart that the Patriots have finally returned to Earth after decades of Super Bowls minus the GOAT?  🙂  

  • @ap1 said:

    I'm uncomfortable about this game and agree it's a trap game. I live in the Indianapolis area. Nobody expected the Colts to be 3-3 at this point - fans, local sport talk, the guys that cover the team. Most were expecting them to draft Marvin Harrison, Jr with the First Pick in the 2024 Draft.

    They have nothing to lose. Just like last week, the Browns had nothing to lose.

    I'm relieved Grover Strewart is out. Garner Menshew hasn't really had a hero moment, yet. They have their home run hitter back with Jonathon Taylor. The Browns can't come out flat.

    The Colts are the most gray man entitled fan base in the NFL. Not many hate Colts fans, but I can't stand them. They were so spoiled with the Bill Polian/Manning Teams and then turned right around, drafted Andrew Luck and advanced one round further into the playoffs every year the first three years under Ryan Grigson. The way fans out here bitch and moan about their QB woes drives me crazy. They have zero clue about QB woes. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

    Well, from reports I've seen from Central Indiana Browns Backers and GNATS Tailgaters (Steve is hanging out in Lot 10 BYOB, his food is sold out), there's going to be a ton of Browns fans invading Lucas Oil Sunday. FWIW, I'm making the two hour drive over to Indy Saturday night. Section 443 for the game. 

    PS- Regarding spoiled fans. Doesn't it just warm your heart that the Patriots have finally returned to Earth after decades of Super Bowls minus the GOAT?  🙂  

    N Neo wrote on last edited by Neo
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    Doesn't it just warm your heart that the Patriots have finally returned to Earth after decades of Super Bowls minus the GOAT? 

    I don't care what people think, I loved watching Brady play. Especially when they played Pittsburgh. Who can forget the golden era of quarterbacks, Eli and Peyton Mannig, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Rivers, Russell Wilson. I always pulled for Peyton when they plaed the Pats but I enjoyed watchig Brady.

  • N Neo

    @hoorta said:

    Doesn't it just warm your heart that the Patriots have finally returned to Earth after decades of Super Bowls minus the GOAT? 

    I don't care what people think, I loved watching Brady play. Especially when they played Pittsburgh. Who can forget the golden era of quarterbacks, Eli and Peyton Mannig, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Rivers, Russell Wilson. I always pulled for Peyton when they plaed the Pats but I enjoyed watchig Brady.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #23

    @neo said:

    I don't care what people think, I loved watching Brady play. Especially when they played Pittsburgh. Who can forget the golden era of quarterbacks, Eli and Peyton Mannig, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Rivers, Russell Wilson. I always pulled for Peyton when they plaed the Pats but I enjoyed watchig Brady.

    The 2nd tier list of QB's was even solid then.

    Vick

    Pennington

    Kitna

    Palmer

    McNabb

    Romo

    Kurt Warner was still slinging it. 

    Brett Farve was still solid and had a monster 2009.

    That decade timeframe, 2001-2011 was really special.   I was a kid, and I felt blessed being able to have grown up and watched that era.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #24

    so WTF is D.W gonna play ?

  • @hoorta said:

    Watson was limited in practice today- means he actually threw a few passes. So don't rule him out- yet.  

    Yeah, sort of feels like mind games based on the lollipop passes he was putting out there. 

    Something about the whole situation just reeks to me though, but I don't know. I feel like some are saying it's "mind games" to have opponents think Watson is gonna be out there, but when are injuries this secretive? Is it a situation where perhaps the Browns medical team just missed it, and now don't want egg on their face? It's just very, very weird to me.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @jrb12711 said:

    Yeah, sort of feels like mind games based on the lollipop passes he was putting out there. 

    Something about the whole situation just reeks to me though, but I don't know. I feel like some are saying it's "mind games" to have opponents think Watson is gonna be out there, but when are injuries this secretive? Is it a situation where perhaps the Browns medical team just missed it, and now don't want egg on their face? It's just very, very weird to me.

    Now thinking back, wasn't the reporting on Baker's shoulder injury kind of vague throughout his last season? 

    And we can never forget Butch Davis telling us about Kelly Holcomb's "teeny fracture" of his broken leg.