Skip to content

Michigan, Again ...... ● ? MICHIGAN 27 Alabama 20 in OT.​​​​​​​ Yes.

College Football Forum
128 15 3.4k
  • @axe said:

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38696639/ncaa-investigating-no-2-michigan-amid-sign-stealing-allegations

    Oh God  Mr Jim Harbaugh .....  taking the "dumb and dumber defense " against all charges  |-->  and it goes on and on -->

     ...... Jim Harbaugh denied any knowledge or involvement in plotting to steal opponents' play-calling signals by sending representatives to their games and said he would fully cooperate with an NCAA investigation into the allegations against his program.

    "I do not have any knowledge or information regarding the University of Michigan football program illegally stealing signals, nor have I directed any staff member or others to participate in an off-campus scouting assignment," Harbaugh said in a statement.     

    Harbaugh said he and his staff would "fully cooperate with the investigation" and that he doesn't "condone or tolerate anyone doing anything illegal or against NCAA rules."    |-->  continued  -->

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh God  Mr Jim Harbaugh .....  taking the "dumb and dumber defense " against all charges  |-->  and it goes on and on -->

     ...... Jim Harbaugh denied any knowledge or involvement in plotting to steal opponents' play-calling signals by sending representatives to their games and said he would fully cooperate with an NCAA investigation into the allegations against his program.

    "I do not have any knowledge or information regarding the University of Michigan football program illegally stealing signals, nor have I directed any staff member or others to participate in an off-campus scouting assignment," Harbaugh said in a statement.     

    Harbaugh said he and his staff would "fully cooperate with the investigation" and that he doesn't "condone or tolerate anyone doing anything illegal or against NCAA rules."    |-->  continued  -->

    And now you want Harbaugh representing the Big 10 in the National Championship game right after Woody's 1st reaction to Michigan winning was Fuck OSU! 

    Anyone else wanna fanny pat that shit?

    Atenears would be rolling over in his grave if he ever saw a board mod blowing Michigan!

    That kind of logic says if the Browns lose we should all join you in rooting for the Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs.  Good luck selling that one if it ever got to that...

  • @mjp28 said:

    ●  ?     MICHIGAN  27    Alabama  20  in  OT. Yes.

    .....  win it for the  BIG TEN !

    Except for Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State, Nebraska and Minnesota.  They're the ones that didn't want to reward the Big 10 version of the Houston Astros with a tiny wrist slap. Ironically, where will the BCS Championship be played this year?  In Houston.

    *

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Ironically, where will the BCS Championship be played this year?  In Houston.

    *

    Seems appropriate. ?

  • @mjp28 said:

    ●  ?     MICHIGAN  27    Alabama  20  in  OT. Yes.

    .....  win it for the  BIG TEN !

    Except for Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State, Nebraska and Minnesota.  They're the ones that didn't want to reward the Big 10 version of the Houston Astros with a tiny wrist slap. Ironically, where will the BCS Championship be played this year?  In Houston.

    *

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @flugel said:

    Except for Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State, Nebraska and Minnesota.  They're the ones that didn't want to reward the Big 10 version of the Houston Astros with a tiny wrist slap. Ironically, where will the BCS Championship be played this year?  In Houston.

    *  <--?

    *  <-- is that for the  BIG 2 and  LITTLE 8   ?

    (minus the temporary bad  bowl game non-science of  " The GREATEST Team north of Alabama not playing with their star QB, WR, and even HC in putting up  an embar-ass-ment  THREE POINT pefor-ma-nuts on national TV  ?   

    Wayne Woodrow Hayes must be spinning in his grave like a roto-tiller right now.   What has happened to The Great OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY ?  ....Or is still just only a game. )

    And ....  

    Woody Hayes elected to go for the two-point conversion against TSUN. When asked afterwards by reporters for his reasoning? He replied simply,

    "Cause I couldn't go for three."

    OK I'm back to normal.   And it is just a game  (with a few rare exceptions)    🙂    

    I  just thought that (3) point OSU performance  "might"  have been one.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" among them.  "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you look even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    ..... edit add .....  I think John Harbaugh is a better person than Jim in general.

  • @flugel said:

    Except for Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State, Nebraska and Minnesota.  They're the ones that didn't want to reward the Big 10 version of the Houston Astros with a tiny wrist slap. Ironically, where will the BCS Championship be played this year?  In Houston.

    *  <--?

    *  <-- is that for the  BIG 2 and  LITTLE 8   ?

    (minus the temporary bad  bowl game non-science of  " The GREATEST Team north of Alabama not playing with their star QB, WR, and even HC in putting up  an embar-ass-ment  THREE POINT pefor-ma-nuts on national TV  ?   

    Wayne Woodrow Hayes must be spinning in his grave like a roto-tiller right now.   What has happened to The Great OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY ?  ....Or is still just only a game. )

    And ....  

    Woody Hayes elected to go for the two-point conversion against TSUN. When asked afterwards by reporters for his reasoning? He replied simply,

    "Cause I couldn't go for three."

    OK I'm back to normal.   And it is just a game  (with a few rare exceptions)    🙂    

    I  just thought that (3) point OSU performance  "might"  have been one.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    *  <-- is that for the  BIG 2 and  LITTLE 8   

    (minus the temporary bad  bowl game non-science of  " The GREATEST Team north of Alabama not playing with their star QB, WR, and even HC in putting up  an embarr-ass-ment  THREE POINT peforma-nuts on national TV  ?   

    Wayne Woodrow Hayes must be spinning in his grave like a roto-tiller right now.   What has happened to The Great OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY ?  ....Or is still just only a game. )

    And ....  

    Woody Hayes elected to go for the two-point conversion against TSUN. When asked afterwards by reporters for his reasoning? He replied simply,

    "Cause I couldn't go for three."

    OK I'm back to normal.   And it is just a game  (with a few rare exceptions)    🙂    

    I  just thought that (3) point OSU performance  "might"  have been one.

    When you remove your starting QB and Marvin Harrison as well as others you lost to the transfer portal against a rising team in the SEC that needs this Bowl win more than the college team with the #5 ranked recruiting class - which program wanted that Bowl win more?   What team fielded more starters they used during the season?  Mizzou.

    As for this being good for the Big 10, Michigan also has recruiting violations they benefitted from that robbed all those other Big 10 programs except for Ohio State.  What's best for the Big 10 is getting more programs to challenge OSU and Michigan and/or winning Bowl Games.  Once upon a time Iowa, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue and Penn State could do that.  That seems a million miles away today.

  • A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" among them.  "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you look even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    ..... edit add .....  I think John Harbaugh is a better person than Jim in general.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" in general.    "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    Well you and Woody can root for them. Me, now that Texas is thankfully gone, I shall root for Washington which has never had an AP National Championship!

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    All I gotta say is go Huskies:image.png.31c0e5d3e121e74256630707357a6396.png

  • A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" among them.  "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you look even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    ..... edit add .....  I think John Harbaugh is a better person than Jim in general.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" among them.  "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you look even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    This is the mindset of the SEC fans, which I don’t understand.

    I watched the Michigan vs Alabama game and it reminds me of watching a Ravens vs Steelers game, hoping the earth will open up and swallow both teams.

  • @mjp28 said:

    A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" in general.    "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    Well you and Woody can root for them. Me, now that Texas is thankfully gone, I shall root for Washington which has never had an AP National Championship!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well you and Woody can root for them. Me, now that Texas is thankfully gone, I shall root for Washington which has never had an AP National Championship!

    I agree.  I prefer Washington > Texas. ( As a school and  state,  many reasons why ! )   🙂

  • @mjp28 said:

    A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" among them.  "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you look even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    This is the mindset of the SEC fans, which I don’t understand.

    I watched the Michigan vs Alabama game and it reminds me of watching a Ravens vs Steelers game, hoping the earth will open up and swallow both teams.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    This is the mindset of the SEC fans, which I don’t understand.

    I watched the Michigan vs Alabama game and it reminds me of watching a Ravens vs Steelers game, hoping the earth will open up and swallow both teams.

    That's a good joke !    😆

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @flugel

    I'm loving your breakdown

    Win or lose in the title, I'm happy OSU fans are losing their minds

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    IMG_5211.jpeg

  • @flugel

    I'm loving your breakdown

    Win or lose in the title, I'm happy OSU fans are losing their minds

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @mld-woody said:

    @flugel

    I'm loving your breakdown

    Win or lose in the title, I'm happy OSU fans are losing their minds

    Try not to confuse my enjoyment with your excessive paranoia about what Ohio State fans think of your team.  You're the one that hasn't seen your team win a National Championship or even appear in a National Championship since you got out of diapers.  I've seen Ohio State win one with Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer and I've seen OSU play in other National Championship Games with Jim Tressell and Ryan Day.  You're the unstable insecure one.

    When your 1st post victory comment said Fuck OSU - something has been dominating that nervous little brain of your's.  ? 

  • @mld-woody said:

    @flugel

    I'm loving your breakdown

    Win or lose in the title, I'm happy OSU fans are losing their minds

    Try not to confuse my enjoyment with your excessive paranoia about what Ohio State fans think of your team.  You're the one that hasn't seen your team win a National Championship or even appear in a National Championship since you got out of diapers.  I've seen Ohio State win one with Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer and I've seen OSU play in other National Championship Games with Jim Tressell and Ryan Day.  You're the unstable insecure one.

    When your 1st post victory comment said Fuck OSU - something has been dominating that nervous little brain of your's.  ? 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Try not to confuse my enjoyment with your excessive paranoia about what Ohio State fans think of your team.  You're the one that hasn't seen your team win a National Championship or even appear in a National Championship since you got out of diapers.  I've seen Ohio State win one with Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer and I've seen OSU play in other National Championship Games with Jim Tressell and Ryan Day.  You're the unstable insecure one.

    When your 1st post victory comment said Fuck OSU - something has been dominating that nervous little brain of your's.  ? 

    This will put things into perspective. . .

    IMG_5212.png

  • A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" among them.  "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you look even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    ..... edit add .....  I think John Harbaugh is a better person than Jim in general.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" among them.  "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you look even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    ..... edit add .....  I think John Harbaugh is a better person than Jim in general.

    You forgot Iowa?

  • @mld-woody said:

    @flugel

    I'm loving your breakdown

    Win or lose in the title, I'm happy OSU fans are losing their minds

    Try not to confuse my enjoyment with your excessive paranoia about what Ohio State fans think of your team.  You're the one that hasn't seen your team win a National Championship or even appear in a National Championship since you got out of diapers.  I've seen Ohio State win one with Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer and I've seen OSU play in other National Championship Games with Jim Tressell and Ryan Day.  You're the unstable insecure one.

    When your 1st post victory comment said Fuck OSU - something has been dominating that nervous little brain of your's.  ? 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Try not to confuse my enjoyment with your excessive paranoia about what Ohio State fans think of your team.  You're the one that hasn't seen your team win a National Championship or even appear in a National Championship since you got out of diapers.  I've seen Ohio State win one with Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer and I've seen OSU play in other National Championship Games with Jim Tressell and Ryan Day.  You're the unstable insecure one.

    When your 1st post victory comment said Fuck OSU - something has been dominating that nervous little brain of your's.  ? 

    "What OSU fans think of your team"

    Hahaha

    Bro, read through this thread. You're posting more than me. You can't help yourself. YOU have the obsession. You're brain broken from the beat downs 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Such a graceful winner.

    Win with dignity…but cheat if you can!

    Nothing about how OSU fans have acted for the better part of a decade, or how they've acted on the forum, lead me to want to give any of them any dignity. 

    All of the BS witch-hunt nonsense spearheaded by OSU, you know what, fuck em

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @mld-woody said:

    Nothing about how OSU fans have acted for the better part of a decade, or how they've acted on the forum, lead me to want to give any of them any dignity. 

    All of the BS witch-hunt nonsense spearheaded by OSU, you know what, fuck em

    The Crying Game Sequel starring Woody.  More proof Ohio State is embedded in his head and the angry waterfalls just keep flowing down those cheeks.  FWIW, over to the right it says you have the most posts in this thread with 24 and I only have 11 posts.  It's okay.  Let that anger out - don't hold it hostage.  

    National Championships are delicious; especially when there's no sign stealing and recruiting violations tarnishing the whole experience.  I see why you're so angry at Ohio State fans.  We can tell you what the experience feels like without the clouds of corruption ruining your whole experience.  Good news is you're playing in the sign stealing capital of sports.

    *

  • @mjp28 said:

    A post script,  I just want Michigan to do well here to show how good of football teams are in the BIG TEN  in genral like PSU, OSU, "M" among them.  "You wish your opponents well  so. when you beat them it makes you look even better."   

    It has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh who I think is a bad example for coaching and behavior.   And I think he is a   "screwball"   in general.

    This is the mindset of the SEC fans, which I don’t understand.

    I watched the Michigan vs Alabama game and it reminds me of watching a Ravens vs Steelers game, hoping the earth will open up and swallow both teams.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    This is the mindset of the SEC fans, which I don’t understand.

    I watched the Michigan vs Alabama game and it reminds me of watching a Ravens vs Steelers game, hoping the earth will open up and swallow both teams.

    Exactly!  Let me ask you this though - does anyone really think Auburn fans rooted for Alabama to win?  The reason I ask this is they compete in the same state for recruits.  Not only that, but a team like Auburn that ended up with 5 losses had to watch an Alabama team throw a Hail Mary pass (on 4th and 32) to beat them. I'm sure they were hoping a real contender would blow Alabama's doors off instead of watching a #1 seed barely escape in OT against a 4th seed that was frequently fumbling snaps.  When Bama went up late in the game we all know there was 1 guy on this board worrying about the Heimlich Maneuver all over again. Let's be honest, there's been better 4th seeds than Alabama.

    Want to hear another interesting thing?  The college I went to (Cortland) in Upstate NY was never an elite Division III football program.  They just won the Division III National Football Championship 2-3 weeks ago.  They didn't gag on the DIII version of TCU in the 1st round.  The adorable reality at this time is they have celebrated 1 more National Championship than the Big House has in this Century. I guess I'd be jealous of Ohio State too if I was a fan of the 2nd best team in the Big 10 all this time. ?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This is the mindset of the SEC fans, which I don’t understand.

    I watched the Michigan vs Alabama game and it reminds me of watching a Ravens vs Steelers game, hoping the earth will open up and swallow both teams.

    Exactly!  Let me ask you this though - does anyone really think Auburn fans rooted for Alabama to win?  The reason I ask this is they compete in the same state for recruits.  Not only that, but a team like Auburn that ended up with 5 losses had to watch an Alabama team throw a Hail Mary pass (on 4th and 32) to beat them. I'm sure they were hoping a real contender would blow Alabama's doors off instead of watching a #1 seed barely escape in OT against a 4th seed that was frequently fumbling snaps.  When Bama went up late in the game we all know there was 1 guy on this board worrying about the Heimlich Maneuver all over again. Let's be honest, there's been better 4th seeds than Alabama.

    Want to hear another interesting thing?  The college I went to (Cortland) in Upstate NY was never an elite Division III football program.  They just won the Division III National Football Championship 2-3 weeks ago.  They didn't gag on the DIII version of TCU in the 1st round.  The adorable reality at this time is they have celebrated 1 more National Championship than the Big House has in this Century. I guess I'd be jealous of Ohio State too if I was a fan of the 2nd best team in the Big 10 all this time. ?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Exactly!  Let me ask you this though - does anyone really think Auburn fans rooted for Alabama to win?  The reason I ask this is they compete in the same state for recruits.  Not only that, but a team like Auburn that ended up with 5 losses had to watch an Alabama team throw a Hail Mary pass (on 4th and 32) to beat them. I'm sure they were hoping a real contender would blow Alabama's doors off instead of watching a #1 seed barely escape in OT against a 4th seed that was frequently fumbling snaps.  When Bama went up late in the game we all know there was 1 guy on this board worrying about the Heimlich Maneuver all over again. Let's be honest, there's been better 4th seeds than Alabama.

    Want to hear another interesting thing?  The college I went to (Cortland) in Upstate NY was never an elite Division III football program.  They just won the Division III National Football Championship 2-3 weeks ago.  They didn't gag on the DIII version of TCU in the 1st round.  The adorable reality at this time is they have celebrated 1 more National Championship than the Big House has in this Century. I guess I'd be jealous of Ohio State too if I was a fan of the 2nd best team in the Big 10 all this time. ?

    Congratulations on winning the Stagg Bowl! I’m a Mount Union grad so I have always kept an eye on DIII football, plus I’ve attended a few Stagg Bowl games in Salem Va. Unfortunately, I played football at MU before their glory years. HC Larry Kehres was my OC while I was there, but he’s a great guy and in the college football HOF. I’ve always said that if the NCAA can make the playoff system work in DIII…why in the hell can’t they make it work in DI? Anyway…I’m sure if Meatchicken doesn’t bring home the hardware next week, we should probably put Woodrow on suicide watch! ?

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by

    I was rooting for Michigan. Fuck the SEC and their cumrag, the CFP committee, for putting Alabama in over FSU. They get what they deserve. Nothing. Oops, the whole FSU starting roster decided not to play. Sorry about the lost ad revenue, assholes.