Skip to content

Raiders fire head coach Josh McDaniels, general manager David Ziegler

The Browns Board
27 14 939 1
  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Josh Mc"Donalds" just isnt HC material... Hes a career OC... He has zero discipline...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    This is a very obvious attempt to keep WR Davante Adams in the fold. He was clearly ready to audition for "Leaving Las Vegas II". Can't say that I blame him after what I witnessed Monday night.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I think the Steelers should hire Josh as GM.  🙂  

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Inexplicable why he was hired after abandoning the Colts offer a few years ago. Demands full control of the roster but has no idea how to handle it, let a top tier QB Derek Carr leave without getting any compensation for him then hires castoff Garropolo to replace him.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #7

    So grateful the browns never did more than interview him.

    Teams are always so desperate to get a piece of Belichick

    ...and Tom Brady I guess, though the raiders are still stuck with Jimmy G

  • Josh Mc"Donalds" just isnt HC material... Hes a career OC... He has zero discipline...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    Josh Mc"Donalds" just isn't HC material... He's a career OC... He has zero discipline...

    One of the many guys great at the coordinator level, and sucked as a head coach. Dick LeBeau will go down as maybe the greatest defensive coordinator of all time, but blew dead worms as a head coach.  

  • Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #9

    @dutch-oven said:

    Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    With 20\20 hindsight, it's getting fair to ask the question was Bill's coaching success in New England him, or was it because he had the GOAT quarterback?  

    The Patriots are currently mired at the bottom of the AFC standings.  Which is fine by me... They've won enough Super Bowls to last them the next 50 years. Sort of the same reason I hope UCLA doesn't win another NCAA Basketball championship in my lifetime... I'm old enough to remember the John Wooden era when they won just about every stinking year.  

  • So grateful the browns never did more than interview him.

    Teams are always so desperate to get a piece of Belichick

    ...and Tom Brady I guess, though the raiders are still stuck with Jimmy G

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @bbedward said:

    So grateful the browns never did more than interview him.

    Teams are always so desperate to get a piece of Belichick

    ...and Tom Brady I guess, though the raiders are still stuck with Jimmy G

    His way overthrown to a wide open nobody within 20 yds of Davante pass spoke volumes as to his lack of QB skill. Inexcusable.

  • Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @dutch-oven said:

    Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Brady wasn't a once in a generation player, he was a once in a lifetime player. They were stupid for ever letting him walk out the door. And yes it has been proven many times that he is indeed the greatest QB to ever play the game. And if anyone ever tells me about deflate-gate I will tell them to go pound salt. At this moment in time, Patrick Mahommes can't even dream of holding Brady's jock strap. In a few years........maybe.

  • Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @dutch-oven said:

    Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    Have any of his assistants down well after leaving?

  • I think the Steelers should hire Josh as GM.  🙂  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @orion said:

    I think the Steelers should hire Josh as GM.  🙂  

    Fuck that.

    They need to give that Canada dude a lifetime contract. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    Have any of his assistants down well after leaving?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @browns149 said:

    Have any of his assistants down well after leaving?

    Bill O'Brien was an assistant coach of his, right?

    He did ok for a while before losing his mind down in Houston 

  • Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    I heard Josh used to be a good QB somewhere in Ohio way back when he could see his toes from a standing position.  If he could drop a couple chins (you thought I was gonna say pounds didn't ya) in the next few weeks and mix in a little lipo - some of us would like to see the rebirth of an accurate forward pass downfield.  If not, Vinny Testaverde is only 59 years old.   He doesn't have that many grandchildren yet.  Nobody dismounts the couch from retirement like "Somebody's Cousin Vinny" to get back on the gridiron throwing spirals.  Okay, so they don't always go where we want them to; but how can it not be a more trusted accuracy than we're counting on today?

    As for Belichick, the 2 Assistant Coaches that did a GREAT job after they coached in Cleveland are Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz.   Ferentz has had some pretty damn good teams in spite the recruiting attraction of cornfields.  The number of great OL, TEs, LBs and DBs he's sent to the next level has been impressive.  Saban might win as many National Championships as the Pa-try-its have won Super Bowls with the Brady-Belichick tag team.  I couldn't tell you what happened to the Assistants he had in NE that had disappointing coaching careers after they left.  I'm still fascinated Belichick had the only NFL mind that wanted to draft Tom Brady before round 7.  The fact that he didn't start as a rookie prior to developing into the GOAT does reflect well on that organization though.  I think some guys are just better Assistants or Coordinators than they are Head Coaches - like the NE thing we're talking about. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Every Patriot loss after he's gone, every Patriots coordinator that fails as a head coach. 

    I think the era of the "hot Belichick assistant" as a potential head coach hire is finally over. 

    I heard Josh used to be a good QB somewhere in Ohio way back when he could see his toes from a standing position.  If he could drop a couple chins (you thought I was gonna say pounds didn't ya) in the next few weeks and mix in a little lipo - some of us would like to see the rebirth of an accurate forward pass downfield.  If not, Vinny Testaverde is only 59 years old.   He doesn't have that many grandchildren yet.  Nobody dismounts the couch from retirement like "Somebody's Cousin Vinny" to get back on the gridiron throwing spirals.  Okay, so they don't always go where we want them to; but how can it not be a more trusted accuracy than we're counting on today?

    As for Belichick, the 2 Assistant Coaches that did a GREAT job after they coached in Cleveland are Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz.   Ferentz has had some pretty damn good teams in spite the recruiting attraction of cornfields.  The number of great OL, TEs, LBs and DBs he's sent to the next level has been impressive.  Saban might win as many National Championships as the Pa-try-its have won Super Bowls with the Brady-Belichick tag team.  I couldn't tell you what happened to the Assistants he had in NE that had disappointing coaching careers after they left.  I'm still fascinated Belichick had the only NFL mind that wanted to draft Tom Brady before round 7.  The fact that he didn't start as a rookie prior to developing into the GOAT does reflect well on that organization though.  I think some guys are just better Assistants or Coordinators than they are Head Coaches - like the NE thing we're talking about. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @flugel said:

    I heard Josh used to be a good QB somewhere in Ohio way back when he could see his toes from a standing position. 

    Canton McKinley, of the McKinley vs Massillon rivalry, one of the best in HS football.

    His dad was a very good high school coach.

  • N Neo

    @dutch-oven said:

    Every day the legend of Tom Brady grows.

    Brady wasn't a once in a generation player, he was a once in a lifetime player. They were stupid for ever letting him walk out the door. And yes it has been proven many times that he is indeed the greatest QB to ever play the game. And if anyone ever tells me about deflate-gate I will tell them to go pound salt. At this moment in time, Patrick Mahommes can't even dream of holding Brady's jock strap. In a few years........maybe.

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56
    #17

    @neo said:

    Brady wasn't a once in a generation player, he was a once in a lifetime player. They were stupid for ever letting him walk out the door. And yes it has been proven many times that he is indeed the greatest QB to ever play the game. And if anyone ever tells me about deflate-gate I will tell them to go pound salt. At this moment in time, Patrick Mahommes can't even dream of holding Brady's jock strap. In a few years........maybe.

    What?? At this moment in time he certainly can dream about it.

    You may even have dreamt about being a Tom Brady when you were a kid a couple of years ago.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Well look at what didn't quite flush....  

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #19

    Yeah I didn't understand the Raiders not rehiring Rich Biasacca after they canned Gruden. The players loved him, they made the playoffs.

    Sadly, Mark Davis is kind of like Haslam. They both want to win, but don't know how & make impulsive "splash" moves that doom the team....like hiring a tool like McDaniels or breaking the bank on a QB/drafting a worthless QB like Manziel. 

  • @neo said:

    Brady wasn't a once in a generation player, he was a once in a lifetime player. They were stupid for ever letting him walk out the door. And yes it has been proven many times that he is indeed the greatest QB to ever play the game. And if anyone ever tells me about deflate-gate I will tell them to go pound salt. At this moment in time, Patrick Mahommes can't even dream of holding Brady's jock strap. In a few years........maybe.

    What?? At this moment in time he certainly can dream about it.

    You may even have dreamt about being a Tom Brady when you were a kid a couple of years ago.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @fy56 said:

    What?? At this moment in time he certainly can dream about it.

    You may even have dreamt about being a Tom Brady when you were a kid a couple of years ago.

    The best thing Brady could have ever done was leave NE. All it did was cement his legacy. McDaniels is a failure in multiple places, Belichick and the Patriots are failing, and he won a Super Bowl in his first year with his new team. His legacy speaks for itself. I'm not going to put Mahomes in the same category until he wins at least two more Super Bowls.