Skip to content

Playoffs

The Browns Board
189 22 7.3k 1
  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    I'm going to remain an optimist regarding the Browns, but how exactly are the NY Jets fading (3 wins in a row), and the Bills in trouble?

    I just agree with the article

    @syd said:

    I just agree with the article

    That's fine. I don't know who/what the source is, but it looks like fake news lol.

    Go Browns

  • @syd said:

    I just agree with the article

    That's fine. I don't know who/what the source is, but it looks like fake news lol.

    Go Browns

    @bob806 said:

    That's fine. I don't know who/what the source is, but it looks like fake news lol.

    Go Browns

    bleacher report and ya I do agree with it

  • @syd said:

    AFC North

     

    Baltimore Ravens: They beat the Jaguars and Dolphins to challenge for the top seed in the AFC

    Baltimore plays Jacksonville and Miami in the final month of the season. Both teams, like the Ravens, are 6-2. But the Jaguars simply don't have the top-to-bottom talent the Ravens possess, and Miami hasn't been good against strong opponents on the road. Watch the Ravens win both of those crucial affairs to give themselves a chance at that first-round bye.

    Cincinnati Bengals: They make the playoffs

    That wouldn't exactly have been a bold call at the beginning of the season, but the Bengals started 1-3, they remain in last place in the AFC North, and they have a tough matchup with the Bills this weekend. Still, Joe Burrow has a 111.8 passer rating on the team's current three-game winning streak. You know he'll find a way.

    Cleveland Browns: Deshaun Watson helps them make the playoffs as well

    In other words, with the Jets fading, the Bills in trouble and the AFC South full of tumbleweed, the AFC North sends three teams to the postseason. But Watson is too good to not have some strong moments upon his return from a shoulder injury, and his defensive support is undeniable.

    Pittsburgh Steelers: They avoid a losing record for 20th season in a row

    Nine wins might not be enough to get to the playoffs in the AFC, but the Steelers should again be good for it despite their struggles this season on both sides of the ball. The defense is still jacked and getting on track, and that should be exacerbated by the return of standout defensive lineman Cameron Heyward. That'll at least get Mike Tomlin's team in the mix.

    I'm going to remain an optimist regarding the Browns, but how exactly are the NY Jets fading (3 wins in a row), and the Bills in trouble?

    The Bills could be in trouble with a loss in Cincy because they do have one of the toughest remaining schedules on paper. 

    Regarding the NYJets, they have just been finding a way, kind of like the dreaded Steelers. 

    @bob806 said:

    the Bills in trouble

    looking like crap tonight

  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    the Bills in trouble

    looking like crap tonight

    @syd said:

    looking like crap tonight

    Their D is fine. Offensively, wow they miss Brian Daboll I suppose. 

  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    the Bills in trouble

    looking like crap tonight

    @syd said:

    looking like crap tonight

    Can you believe the Buffalo slugs tonight ?   Some boo-birds in the stands.    I stayed off SNF, MNF  for a big change.

  • @syd said:

    looking like crap tonight

    Can you believe the Buffalo slugs tonight ?   Some boo-birds in the stands.    I stayed off SNF, MNF  for a big change.

    @mjp28 said:

    Can you believe the Buffalo slugs tonight ?   Some boo-birds in the stands.    I stayed off SNF, MNF  for a big change.

    It as deja vu all over again. The favorite hosted a "lessor" team which missed an extra point putting it one point behind in the last two minutes only to drive down and kick the winning FG as time expired (of course it helped that the slugs inexplicably had 12 men on the field for the first missed FG try subtracting penalty yardage from the winning kick-ST coach is an idiot apparently because he can't count).

  • Steelers, Jags, Texans, Bengals

    Win 3 and we're in. 

  • Screenshot_20231114_181741_Instagram.jpg

  • @syd said:

    looking like crap tonight

    Their D is fine. Offensively, wow they miss Brian Daboll I suppose. 

    @bob806 said:

    Their D is fine. Offensively, wow they miss Brian Daboll I suppose. 

    think he is gonna lose his job in ny ?

  • A AP1

    Screenshot_20231114_181741_Instagram.jpg

    @ap1 said:

    Screenshot_20231114_181741_Instagram.jpg

    i believe with a win over pit and the bengals winning. we should be 2nd ?

  • sydS syd

    @ap1 said:

    Screenshot_20231114_181741_Instagram.jpg

    i believe with a win over pit and the bengals winning. we should be 2nd ?

    @syd said:

    i believe with a win over pit and the bengals winning. we should be 2nd ?

    I would think so.

  • sydS syd

    @ap1 said:

    Screenshot_20231114_181741_Instagram.jpg

    i believe with a win over pit and the bengals winning. we should be 2nd ?

    @syd said:

    i believe with a win over pit and the bengals winning. we should be 2nd ?

    Got to keep an eye on the Dolphins and Jaguars...

    Here are the Dolphins remaining games - BYE, Raiders, Jets, Commanders, Titans, vs Cowboys, at Ravens, vs Bills.

    Here are the Jaguars remaining games - Titans, Texas, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Bucs, Panthers, Titans 

  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    Their D is fine. Offensively, wow they miss Brian Daboll I suppose. 

    think he is gonna lose his job in ny ?

    @syd said:

    think he is gonna lose his job in ny ?

    I don't think so. They clearly never addressed the offensive line ( like the NYJets), so I'm guessing the front office gives him a pass. ....unless the players bitch up a storm.

  • Well somebody had to post it, so..................................................................... ?

  • NFL standings for Week 11

    AFC playoff picture

    1. Kansas City Chiefs (7-2), first place, AFC West. The Chiefs are returning from a bye with a tough schedule, starting with the Eagles at home on Monday night. They need to win to keep pace and stay ahead of the winning Ravens.

    2. Baltimore Ravens (8-3), first place, AFC North. The Ravens rebounded well from their Week 10 home loss to the Browns by opening Week 11 with a home win over the Bengals. They have opened up a nice lead in the league's toughest division, continuing to put pressure on the Chiefs.

    3. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3), first place, AFC South. The Jaguars rebounded from their terrible Week 10 home loss to the 49ers to also keep pace with the Ravens by drubbing the Titans. They also stayed ahead of the Texans in the division before facing them again. 

    4. Miami Dolphins (7-3), first place, AFC East. The Dolphins are up 2 games on the Bills, to whom they lost earlier in the season. They also are 2.5 games up on the Jets, whom they play for the first time on "Black Friday" in Week 12. That all comes with holding off the upset-minded Raiders at home.

    5. Cleveland Browns (7-3), second place, AFC North. The Browns got within a half-game of the Ravens after beating them in Week 11. They did so by winning another walk-off field-goal game over the Steelers to split that season series.

    6. Houston Texans (6-4), second place, AFC North. The Texans saw their offense come down to earth a little with some key turnovers from C.J. Stroud, but they held off Kyler Murray and the Cardinals with some big plays from their young defense. They kept pace with the Jaguars and jumped the Steelers as a result.

    7. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-4), third place, AFC North. The Steelers couldn't overcome inept offense beyond Jaylen Warren's big game and fell by three points in their rematch with the Browns. They slid a spot in the division and also fell behind the Texans because of a slightly worse conference record.

    Who's in the hunt?

    8. Indianapolis Colts (5-5)

    9. Cincinnati Bengals (5-5)

    10. Buffalo Bills (5-5)

    11. Las Vegas Raiders (5-6)

    12. New York Jets (4-5)

    13. Denver Broncos (4-5)

    14. Los Angeles Chargers (4-6)

    15. Tennessee Titans (3-7)

    The Bengals had a big chance to rebound from the Texans loss but they fell again at Baltimore to open Week 11 with Joe Burrow getting hurt with his right wrist early. They're now in that muddle .500 mix with slimmer playoff hopes with the division already possibly out the window. The Raiders and Chargers suffered key losses on Sunday, too.

  • Screenshot_20231121_054941_Instagram.jpg

  • A AP1

    Screenshot_20231121_054941_Instagram.jpg

    @ap1 said:

    Screenshot_20231121_054941_Instagram.jpg

    They are only there because they haven’t had their bye yet. I think all even, they would be more like #4 but I could be wrong.

  • @ap1 said:

    Screenshot_20231121_054941_Instagram.jpg

    They are only there because they haven’t had their bye yet. I think all even, they would be more like #4 but I could be wrong.

    @bbedward said:

    They are only there because they haven’t had their bye yet. I think all even, they would be more like #4 but I could be wrong.

    Ravens have a tough ending too, with the jags, 9ers, dolphins, Steelers.

    We’re talking 4-3 or 5-2 finish, quite possible the ravens are looking at 3-3 or 4-2

    The Steelers suck, but they always own Lamar

    The AFCN is really a possibility for the browns. If the rookie can step up 

  • A little context...

    Screenshot_20231121_161031_Instagram.jpg

  • AFC, NFC  #5 seeds  CLE = DAL  just FYI.