Skip to content

Playoffs

The Browns Board
189 22 7.3k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, it's almost like believing in Santa Claus again this time of year!  There's even a kinder, gentler @ghoolie-always-ghoolie that doesn't want to be called the Winter Warlock any more.  Today, he says "just call me Winter."

    And how many years did we end up gagging on all those drafts anyway?   I had to remind a few guys that wanted to lose for a higher draft pick that we're still going to have the same hollow domes in charge of  our drafting. The FO that drafted Brandon Weeden with our 2nd 1st round pick when we could have drafted Russell Wilson (somewhere between round 2 and where Seattle landed him in round 3) - could have given Joe Thomas the post season appearances his HOF efforts deserved.  

    The could woulda shoulda for the drafts apply to every team, but they are so, so much worse for the browns. 

    Don’t even have to go back that far - imagine if we chose Josh Allen over Baker in 2018 ? People can debate it all they want - but one of those guys has Watson-like value and the other is bouncing around teams, Tampa Bay is having the debate we had for years - they aren’t sure if this is the guy they should build a team around.

    Our last first round picks pre-Watson I think are Newsome and Wills, also not particularly impact players. 
     

    —-

    But who can complain, they’ve been winning and hold the top wild card seed - great to have some extremely good December football ?

    I can’t even imagine the reaction of people if you told em after 2021 wild card that baker would be on his 4th team and the browns are in control of their own destiny with Joe Flacco at the helm

    @bbedward said:

    The could woulda shoulda for the drafts apply to every team, but they are so, so much worse for the browns. 

    Don’t even have to go back that far - imagine if we chose Josh Allen over Baker in 2018 ? People can debate it all they want - but one of those guys has Watson-like value and the other is bouncing around teams, Tampa Bay is having the debate we had for years - they aren’t sure if this is the guy they should build a team around.

    Our last first round picks pre-Watson I think are Newsome and Wills, also not particularly impact players. 
     

    —-

    But who can complain, they’ve been winning and hold the top wild card seed - great to have some extremely good December football ?

    I can’t even imagine the reaction of people if you told em after 2021 wild card that baker would be on his 4th team and the browns are in control of their own destiny with Joe Flacco at the helm

    Trust me, Baker got brought up all the time before you started posting regularly again this season.  I didn't want to re-stir that hornets' nest again.

  • @bob806 said:

    Too many, it was a turn off for me, although I do respect some of the analysis around here. 

    This playoff race is exactly what the Commissioner wants- close, competitive, many teams involved. 

    I think the Browns overcome these injuries & get in, starting with a W tomorrow.

    I love talking Draft, but it is nice to not have it be the main focus here at this time of the year. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I love talking Draft, but it is nice to not have it be the main focus here at this time of the year. 

    Me too; but I can't lie about what missing a 1st round draft pick does to my enthusiasm. 

  • Dear Lord, with more than a day to go, I am already jittery with game nerves...

    Go Browns!

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Dear Lord, with more than a day to go, I am already jittery with game nerves...

    Go Browns!

    you know what could have helped ? being able to watch the Army Navy game today

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I love talking Draft, but it is nice to not have it be the main focus here at this time of the year. 

    Me too; but I can't lie about what missing a 1st round draft pick does to my enthusiasm. 

    @flugel said:

    Me too; but I can't lie about what missing a 1st round draft pick does to my enthusiasm. 

    Sure, the first round pick is what 90% of what draft talk centers on. If we had one this coming draft, I'm sure we would have had some talk conjecturing on what players would be available in the 20s. 

  • @flugel said:

    Me too; but I can't lie about what missing a 1st round draft pick does to my enthusiasm. 

    Sure, the first round pick is what 90% of what draft talk centers on. If we had one this coming draft, I'm sure we would have had some talk conjecturing on what players would be available in the 20s. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sure, the first round pick is what 90% of what draft talk centers on. If we had one this coming draft, I'm sure we would have had some talk conjecturing on what players would be available in the 20s. 

    hey man we got a 2nd to talk about this year,so cheer up 😉

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sure, the first round pick is what 90% of what draft talk centers on. If we had one this coming draft, I'm sure we would have had some talk conjecturing on what players would be available in the 20s. 

    hey man we got a 2nd to talk about this year,so cheer up 😉

    @syd said:

    hey man we got a 2nd to talk about this year,so cheer up 😉

    In due time, I'm sure mock drafts will start up here...

    We have a playoff run to worry about now. I'll start diving in to what OGuard I want the Browns to take in the 4th round in March. ?

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sure, the first round pick is what 90% of what draft talk centers on. If we had one this coming draft, I'm sure we would have had some talk conjecturing on what players would be available in the 20s. 

    hey man we got a 2nd to talk about this year,so cheer up 😉

    @syd said:

    hey man we got a 2nd to talk about this year,so cheer up 😉

    While the Browns aren't saying who they will start at QB tomorrow - who do you think they'll start?

  • @syd said:

    hey man we got a 2nd to talk about this year,so cheer up 😉

    While the Browns aren't saying who they will start at QB tomorrow - who do you think they'll start?

    @flugel said:

    While the Browns aren't saying who they will start at QB tomorrow - who do you think they'll start?

    Joey,,,, man

  • did Army win today ?

  • sydS syd

    did Army win today ?

    @syd said:

    did Army win today ?

    0-0 in 1st quarter

  • @syd said:

    did Army win today ?

    0-0 in 1st quarter

    @flugel said:

    0-0 in 1st quarter

    what ?  I thought the game came on at  9 pct. oh well can't watch it anyway

    GO ARMY

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    While the Browns aren't saying who they will start at QB tomorrow - who do you think they'll start?

    Joey,,,, man

    @syd said:

    Joey,,,, man

    Yeah, I was thinking this was pretty obvious.  I'm guessing it still is - they're just playing the same game Jax is about announcing who will start at the last second.

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    0-0 in 1st quarter

    what ?  I thought the game came on at  9 pct. oh well can't watch it anyway

    GO ARMY

    @syd said:

    what ?  I thought the game came on at  9 pct. oh well can't watch it anyway

    GO ARMY

    It's on CBS if you got it Syd.

  • @syd said:

    Joey,,,, man

    Yeah, I was thinking this was pretty obvious.  I'm guessing it still is - they're just playing the same game Jax is about announcing who will start at the last second.

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, I was thinking this was pretty obvious.  I'm guessing it still is - they're just playing the same game Jax is about announcing who will start at the last second.

    it is are game to have. run the ball down their throats. A few deep throws and just keep a eye out for the other Josh Allen

  • @syd said:

    what ?  I thought the game came on at  9 pct. oh well can't watch it anyway

    GO ARMY

    It's on CBS if you got it Syd.

    @flugel said:

    It's on CBS if you got it Syd.

    what ?

  • thanks again. Time for some football

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, I was thinking this was pretty obvious.  I'm guessing it still is - they're just playing the same game Jax is about announcing who will start at the last second.

    it is are game to have. run the ball down their throats. A few deep throws and just keep a eye out for the other Josh Allen

    @syd said:

    it is are game to have. run the ball down their throats. A few deep throws and just keep a eye out for the other Josh Allen

    Well said!  

  • sydS syd

    thanks again. Time for some football

    @syd said:

    thanks again. Time for some football

    You had me at "GO ARMY!"

  • sydS syd

    thanks again. Time for some football

    @syd said:

    thanks again. Time for some football

    You're welcome!  See you in the game thread tomorrow.  

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sure, the first round pick is what 90% of what draft talk centers on. If we had one this coming draft, I'm sure we would have had some talk conjecturing on what players would be available in the 20s. 

    hey man we got a 2nd to talk about this year,so cheer up 😉

    @syd said:

    hey man we got a 2nd to talk about this year,so cheer up 😉

    I've been talking our 3rd round must and he declared for the draft today-Ainias Smith WR/PR/KR.?

    Yes-BTW Army 17   Navy  11 final score