Skip to content

Enjoy Cooper while we can.

The Browns Board
28 14 1.2k 1
  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/amari-cooper-cut-trade-deshaun-watson/amp/

    The Cleveland Browns searched for a difference-making wide receiver ahead of the trade deadline but may need to part with one come the offseason.

    Amari Cooper has been the team’s best option in the passing game for the last two years, but a nearly $24 million salary cap hit in 2024 might be more than Cleveland can fit into a budget already stretched to the limit by Deshaun Watson’s fully-guaranteed $230 million contract.

    Dan Graziano of ESPN on Friday, November 3, predicted that the Browns will cut or trade Cooper next summer in the name of saving up to $20 million next season

  • https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/amari-cooper-cut-trade-deshaun-watson/amp/

    The Cleveland Browns searched for a difference-making wide receiver ahead of the trade deadline but may need to part with one come the offseason.

    Amari Cooper has been the team’s best option in the passing game for the last two years, but a nearly $24 million salary cap hit in 2024 might be more than Cleveland can fit into a budget already stretched to the limit by Deshaun Watson’s fully-guaranteed $230 million contract.

    Dan Graziano of ESPN on Friday, November 3, predicted that the Browns will cut or trade Cooper next summer in the name of saving up to $20 million next season

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @kvoethe said:

    https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/amari-cooper-cut-trade-deshaun-watson/amp/

    The Cleveland Browns searched for a difference-making wide receiver ahead of the trade deadline but may need to part with one come the offseason.

    Amari Cooper has been the team’s best option in the passing game for the last two years, but a nearly $24 million salary cap hit in 2024 might be more than Cleveland can fit into a budget already stretched to the limit by Deshaun Watson’s fully-guaranteed $230 million contract.

    Dan Graziano of ESPN on Friday, November 3, predicted that the Browns will cut or trade Cooper next summer in the name of saving up to $20 million next season

    I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.  My guess is they'll figure out a way to keep him.  Berry's good at managing the cap. If they extend him they can move the money around.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they got rid of Wills or traded him.  I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Conklin finally had to retire or restructure his contract.  

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #3

    they can re structure   give him a signing bonus

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #4

    he's only 29 [30 next season] and is one of if not the best route-runner in the game

    gotta have somebody be the #1.. every time a team tries to have a collection of WR3's, every one turns out to stink

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Are there concerns with the cap, yes.

    Don't let that toxic "heavy.com" stuff influence you too much. I quit reading it, it's all innuendo & negativity.imho.

  • @kvoethe said:

    https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/amari-cooper-cut-trade-deshaun-watson/amp/

    The Cleveland Browns searched for a difference-making wide receiver ahead of the trade deadline but may need to part with one come the offseason.

    Amari Cooper has been the team’s best option in the passing game for the last two years, but a nearly $24 million salary cap hit in 2024 might be more than Cleveland can fit into a budget already stretched to the limit by Deshaun Watson’s fully-guaranteed $230 million contract.

    Dan Graziano of ESPN on Friday, November 3, predicted that the Browns will cut or trade Cooper next summer in the name of saving up to $20 million next season

    I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.  My guess is they'll figure out a way to keep him.  Berry's good at managing the cap. If they extend him they can move the money around.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they got rid of Wills or traded him.  I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Conklin finally had to retire or restructure his contract.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #6

    @flugel said:

    I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.  My guess is they'll figure out a way to keep him.  Berry's good at managing the cap. If they extend him they can move the money around.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they got rid of Wills or traded him.  I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Conklin finally had to retire or restructure his contract.  

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

  • @flugel said:

    I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.  My guess is they'll figure out a way to keep him.  Berry's good at managing the cap. If they extend him they can move the money around.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they got rid of Wills or traded him.  I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Conklin finally had to retire or restructure his contract.  

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @nickers said:

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

    The problem is Half of the teams have a Wills type player at tackle they would like to replace next season.  
     

    If you are good to solid tackle you are going get paid this coming offseason.  

  • @flugel said:

    I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.  My guess is they'll figure out a way to keep him.  Berry's good at managing the cap. If they extend him they can move the money around.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they got rid of Wills or traded him.  I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Conklin finally had to retire or restructure his contract.  

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

    Believe it or not, I said that before the game.  His agent will probably sell him as a RT (his previous comfort/experience at Bama).  Somewhere within the 31 other teams I think they can find a taker for the former 10th pick overall.  We'll see.

    I've been a big critic of his but I actually felt bad for the guy when he got injured yesterday.  He got injured earlier in the game and returned.  Then he got the serious knee injury later playing through his other lower leg injury.

  • he's only 29 [30 next season] and is one of if not the best route-runner in the game

    gotta have somebody be the #1.. every time a team tries to have a collection of WR3's, every one turns out to stink

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @unsympathetic said:

    he's only 29 [30 next season] and is one of if not the best route-runner in the game

    gotta have somebody be the #1.. every time a team tries to have a collection of WR3's, every one turns out to stink

    Additionally, while extremely good as a player I'm confident he understands the market for him isn't in the top 7 of the league (where $24 million is roughly). On top of his age, you're right- he's a great candidate for something like you're describing to keep him through his contract in 2024. Dude can still ball and no one on the team appears poised to take over that spot.

  • @nickers said:

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

    Believe it or not, I said that before the game.  His agent will probably sell him as a RT (his previous comfort/experience at Bama).  Somewhere within the 31 other teams I think they can find a taker for the former 10th pick overall.  We'll see.

    I've been a big critic of his but I actually felt bad for the guy when he got injured yesterday.  He got injured earlier in the game and returned.  Then he got the serious knee injury later playing through his other lower leg injury.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @flugel said:

    Believe it or not, I said that before the game.  His agent will probably sell him as a RT (his previous comfort/experience at Bama).  Somewhere within the 31 other teams I think they can find a taker for the former 10th pick overall.  We'll see.

    I've been a big critic of his but I actually felt bad for the guy when he got injured yesterday.  He got injured earlier in the game and returned.  Then he got the serious knee injury later playing through his other lower leg injury.

    Ditto.. He's a good kid.. it's just a bad break.. No pun...

  • @flugel said:

    I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.  My guess is they'll figure out a way to keep him.  Berry's good at managing the cap. If they extend him they can move the money around.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they got rid of Wills or traded him.  I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Conklin finally had to retire or restructure his contract.  

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #11

    @nickers said:

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

    Except according to Stefanski it's NOT a season ending injury.  I was able to listen to WKNR during my three hour drive back to Dayton this afternoon. 

    According to Kev in his Monday press conference. they're putting Wills on IR, with MCL and PCL strains. No timeline for his return, but it sounded like he should be able to come back before the end of the season. Six? week recovery time frame.  

    EDIT: From NFL.com... " OT Jedrick Wills suffered a high-grade MCL sprain, low-grade PCL sprain and bone bruises on Sunday and is expected to miss roughly six weeks, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday, per sources. Wills is going to be placed on injured reserve, per Stefanski."

  • @nickers said:

    I see Wills as "Untradeable" He's got a season ending knee injury.. By the same token.. It's just not working for him here.. It may just be a question of system too.. Just maybe he's not good enough or versatile enough to work in Callahan's system. He's probably better equipped to be in a Bill Wylie road grader system where pass blocking is secondary...

    Except according to Stefanski it's NOT a season ending injury.  I was able to listen to WKNR during my three hour drive back to Dayton this afternoon. 

    According to Kev in his Monday press conference. they're putting Wills on IR, with MCL and PCL strains. No timeline for his return, but it sounded like he should be able to come back before the end of the season. Six? week recovery time frame.  

    EDIT: From NFL.com... " OT Jedrick Wills suffered a high-grade MCL sprain, low-grade PCL sprain and bone bruises on Sunday and is expected to miss roughly six weeks, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday, per sources. Wills is going to be placed on injured reserve, per Stefanski."

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @hoorta said:

    Except according to Stefanski it's NOT a season ending injury.  I was able to listen to WKNR during my three hour drive back to Dayton this afternoon. 

    According to Kev in his Monday press conference. they're putting Wills on IR, with MCL and PCL strains. No timeline for his return, but it sounded like he should be able to come back before the end of the season. Six? week recovery time frame.  

    EDIT: From NFL.com... " OT Jedrick Wills suffered a high-grade MCL sprain, low-grade PCL sprain and bone bruises on Sunday and is expected to miss roughly six weeks, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday, per sources. Wills is going to be placed on injured reserve, per Stefanski."

    i heard the same thing this morning . I never will understand why Some people like to post misinformation 

  • sydS syd

    @hoorta said:

    Except according to Stefanski it's NOT a season ending injury.  I was able to listen to WKNR during my three hour drive back to Dayton this afternoon. 

    According to Kev in his Monday press conference. they're putting Wills on IR, with MCL and PCL strains. No timeline for his return, but it sounded like he should be able to come back before the end of the season. Six? week recovery time frame.  

    EDIT: From NFL.com... " OT Jedrick Wills suffered a high-grade MCL sprain, low-grade PCL sprain and bone bruises on Sunday and is expected to miss roughly six weeks, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday, per sources. Wills is going to be placed on injured reserve, per Stefanski."

    i heard the same thing this morning . I never will understand why Some people like to post misinformation 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @syd said:

    i heard the same thing this morning . I never will understand why Some people like to post misinformation 

    I don't think it was misinformation as it was an assumption. 

    You see a guy in an air cast carted away in tears, you assume season-ending injury. 

  • @syd said:

    i heard the same thing this morning . I never will understand why Some people like to post misinformation 

    I don't think it was misinformation as it was an assumption. 

    You see a guy in an air cast carted away in tears, you assume season-ending injury. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think it was misinformation as it was an assumption. 

    You see a guy in an air cast carted away in tears, you assume season-ending injury. 

    well you know what they say about assumptions ? and so i will assume a certain poster wasn't wearing his helmet again 

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think it was misinformation as it was an assumption. 

    You see a guy in an air cast carted away in tears, you assume season-ending injury. 

    well you know what they say about assumptions ? and so i will assume a certain poster wasn't wearing his helmet again 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @syd said:

    well you know what they say about assumptions ? and so i will assume a certain poster wasn't wearing his helmet again 

    Ahhh I see your Boyfriend Dutch is sending you love letters again... Whens the wedding?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @nickers said:

    awww deflect much?

    na dude im not part of the poli board > I just post facts. Which i will say again, Facts are something nickers can not deal with

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    awww deflect much?

    na dude im not part of the poli board > I just post facts. Which i will say again, Facts are something nickers can not deal with

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @syd said:

    na dude im not part of the poli board > I just post facts. Which i will say again, Facts are something nickers can not deal with

    Fact is you're a drunken asshole with a drinking problem.. Get help

    https://www.stellamariscleveland.com/

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #18

    So much hostility, the browns are undefeated in daylight savings time. We should all be happy 

  • So much hostility, the browns are undefeated in daylight savings time. We should all be happy 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @bbedward said:

    So much hostility, the browns are undefeated in daylight savings time. We should all be happy 

    We've got Browns fans on here openly rooting against the Browns.

    Good times. 

  • @syd said:

    i heard the same thing this morning . I never will understand why Some people like to post misinformation 

    I don't think it was misinformation as it was an assumption. 

    You see a guy in an air cast carted away in tears, you assume season-ending injury. 

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think it was misinformation as it was an assumption. 

    You see a guy in an air cast carted away in tears, you assume season-ending injury. 

    I saw something somewhere on the interwebs that Wills won't be out for the season.  It was an MCL sprain and some bruises. You know, Wills catches a lot of shot on here but my heart went out for him when I see him in tears. Not much being said about his injury here on this board. I wish him well.