Skip to content

T.Official ?  - NFL WEEK 11 -  PIT 10 (+1) -at- ★ CLE 13  Game #10 ?  Nov. 19★ "7-3"

The Browns Board
322 34 6.9k 1
  • @mjp28 said:

    Who was the last 10 win NFL team to miss the playoffs?

    The most recent 10 win NFL team to miss the playoffs was the 2020 Miami Dolphins, who had a 10-6 record but didn't make the playoffs.

    Count not your chickens before they hatch mjp.... However, as of today the Browns are in the pole position in the wildcard race at 7-3...  Why I was harping that the Steelers game was critical.   Browns (only) need to go 3-4 to get to 10 wins. (4-3 and we're in, take it to the bank) Two other teams sit at 6-4, Steelers & Texans, meaning they have to go 4-3 to get to 10. There's a bunch of clubs sitting at 5-5,  but they'll all need to go 5-2....  

    It scares me a little with the upcoming game in Denver. Historically we've played like crap against the Donkeys, plus (see above) they're going to be fighting for their playoff lives. They can ill afford more than a couple losses to have any chance at playoff land. PS- that was more lousy scheduling (thanks for nothing NFL) putting that game on Thanksgiving weekend- to screw up my bucket list adventure. Worst travel day of the year.  

     EDIT to my betting fan... Browns open as 1.5 point dogs to the Broncos.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Count not your chickens before they hatch mjp.... However, as of today the Browns are in the pole position in the wildcard race at 7-3...  Why I was harping that the Steelers game was critical.   Browns (only) need to go 3-4 to get to 10 wins. (4-3 and we're in, take it to the bank) Two other teams sit at 6-4, Steelers & Texans, meaning they have to go 4-3 to get to 10. There's a bunch of clubs sitting at 5-5,  but they'll all need to go 5-2....  

    It scares me a little with the upcoming game in Denver. Historically we've played like crap against the Donkeys, plus (see above) they're going to be fighting for their playoff lives. They can ill afford more than a couple losses to have any chance at playoff land. PS- that was more lousy scheduling (thanks for nothing NFL) putting that game on Thanksgiving weekend- to screw up my bucket list adventure. Worst travel day of the year.  

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the division scenario pretty cut and dry after this past sunday?

    If PIT beats BLT (again) and the Browns beat the Bengals, I believe that means we win the division on merit of total division wins and not going 0-2 against any team.  

  • @hoorta said:

    Count not your chickens before they hatch mjp.... However, as of today the Browns are in the pole position in the wildcard race at 7-3...  Why I was harping that the Steelers game was critical.   Browns (only) need to go 3-4 to get to 10 wins. (4-3 and we're in, take it to the bank) Two other teams sit at 6-4, Steelers & Texans, meaning they have to go 4-3 to get to 10. There's a bunch of clubs sitting at 5-5,  but they'll all need to go 5-2....  

    It scares me a little with the upcoming game in Denver. Historically we've played like crap against the Donkeys, plus (see above) they're going to be fighting for their playoff lives. They can ill afford more than a couple losses to have any chance at playoff land. PS- that was more lousy scheduling (thanks for nothing NFL) putting that game on Thanksgiving weekend- to screw up my bucket list adventure. Worst travel day of the year.  

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the division scenario pretty cut and dry after this past sunday?

    If PIT beats BLT (again) and the Browns beat the Bengals, I believe that means we win the division on merit of total division wins and not going 0-2 against any team.  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @tiamat63 said:

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the division scenario pretty cut and dry after this past Sunday?

    If PIT beats BLT (again) and the Browns beat the Bengals, I believe that means we win the division on merit of total division wins and not going 0-2 against any team.  

    A lot of iffs there tia... that would be way cool should the Browns host a playoff game in like forever.  

    Not exactly, the Steelers would have to lose to the Bengals once, and\ or the Browns have a better record than the Steelers.  Otherwise, we both end up at 4-2 in the Division, then it gets complicated.  

    Don't get me started on the complexity of a three way tie with the same records.  🙂  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm out of emoticons, so you get a... 

    you are good deniro.gif

    Haha...so you were sitting in the west end zone? I'm up in section 536

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @bob806 said:

    Haha...so you were sitting in the west end zone? I'm up in section 536

    We were in Section 351, I'll be there for the Bears game too. 

    If the game is on Saturday, I'm taking a Bears fan ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

     I've been wondering where in the hell I saw that formation from previously with the HB on the swing as the cheese and the backside pin and pull.    I kept wracking my brain over QB's that had designed mobility.   Then I remember the Panthers were VERY big on this formation because they had both Jeremy Shockey and Greg Olsen at the time.

    At the 2:57 mark.

     Very first play from the Brownies.

     Whoever is digging deep during the week, likely the assistants behind the scenes that help dig for information and run it to the coaches... bravo.   That's really pouring over personnel and trying to find ways to directly get DTR's legs involved.  Because I don't think anybody in the higher coaching staff has ties to Carolina around that era.

  • Anyone calling for stefanski to be fired should be evaluated for head trauma.

    I hope DTR matures quickly, but the lack of throwing downfield when the Steelers were pressing hard for multiple drives in a row is questionable. Lost confidence after his first go, misreading the defense, who knows.

    I think Denver is a better confidence booster for the young QB, but they will be bringing in Flacco probably who may be our guy the rest of the way for the playoff push. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    Anyone calling for stefanski to be fired should be evaluated for head trauma.

    I hope DTR matures quickly, but the lack of throwing downfield when the Steelers were pressing hard for multiple drives in a row is questionable. Lost confidence after his first go, misreading the defense, who knows.

    I think Denver is a better confidence booster for the young QB, but they will be bringing in Flacco probably who may be our guy the rest of the way for the playoff push. 

    when we make the playoffs he should be coach of the year.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    not mentioned is McCloud is gone for the year

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    The Browns broke the Steelers offense too.
     
     
    1Zlbkvp0_mini.jpg
     
    Pittsburgh Steelers
     
     
    PHKS_mjX_bigger.jpg
    @steelers
    Statement from Coach Mike Tomlin:
     
     
    Image
    Pittsburgh Steelers@steelers
    Statement from Coach Mike Tomlin:
  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    They should have fired Tomlin and promoted Canada to HC 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    IMG_5078.png

  • They should have fired Tomlin and promoted Canada to HC 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @bbedward said:

    They should have fired Tomlin and promoted Canada to HC 

    most of the toothless hillbilly inbreed fans of Squeeler City don't deserve a Mike Tomlin as their head coach. ?

    Who the hell is QB coach 'Mike Sullivan has been promoted to OC'

    Who f'n cares? Keep roll'in Pickett out there 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Replay of the game is on Thanksgiving night 8:30 pm Easter Time on Direct TV NFL Network (212).

  • Replay of the game is on Thanksgiving night 8:30 pm Easter Time on Direct TV NFL Network (212).

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Replay of the game is on Thanksgiving night 8:30 pm Easter Time on Direct TV NFL Network (212).

    You’d have to be some kinda masochist to watch that game again, on thanksgiving no less.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Replay of the game is on Thanksgiving night 8:30 pm Easter Time on Direct TV NFL Network (212).

    You’d have to be some kinda masochist to watch that game again, on thanksgiving no less.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg

    @bbedward said:

    You’d have to be some kinda masochist to watch that game again, on thanksgiving no less.

    I’m still trying to find Easter time. ?

  • Replay of the game is on Thanksgiving night 8:30 pm Easter Time on Direct TV NFL Network (212).

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion

    @texasag1969 said:

    Replay of the game is on Thanksgiving night 8:30 pm Easter Time on Direct TV NFL Network (212).

    Anyone else find themselves watching that 12 minute youtube game highlights video over and over again?   There's nothing quite like a victory over the Steelers.  -  asking for a friend  🙂

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Replay of the game is on Thanksgiving night 8:30 pm Easter Time on Direct TV NFL Network (212).

    Anyone else find themselves watching that 12 minute youtube game highlights video over and over again?   There's nothing quite like a victory over the Steelers.  -  asking for a friend  🙂

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Anyone else find themselves watching that 12 minute youtube game highlights video over and over again?   There's nothing quite like a victory over the Steelers.  -  asking for a friend  🙂

    Guilty, I also watched the highlights against the Ratbirds too.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    I'd like to bring up the safety that we got.....but didn't got.  Is there anyone, in a booth, assigned to watch the TV broadcast, so as to alert the coaches of a potential replay overturn?  I mean, I'm sure that I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV, "That was a safety!!".   Why didn't we get it reviewed?  Why didn't we at least call TO to give more time?  I mean, when you've got an offense backed up like that, isn't your goal to attack, to get the points for the scoreboard? 

    To me, scoreboard points is a worthwhile use of a challenge flag...successful or not.

  • I'd like to bring up the safety that we got.....but didn't got.  Is there anyone, in a booth, assigned to watch the TV broadcast, so as to alert the coaches of a potential replay overturn?  I mean, I'm sure that I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV, "That was a safety!!".   Why didn't we get it reviewed?  Why didn't we at least call TO to give more time?  I mean, when you've got an offense backed up like that, isn't your goal to attack, to get the points for the scoreboard? 

    To me, scoreboard points is a worthwhile use of a challenge flag...successful or not.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    'd like to bring up the safety that we got

    thought you were gonna say this 

    The Browns have beefed up their safety room with an 11-year veteran who has more Super Bowl experience than anyone on the roster.

    Cleveland signed safety Duron Harmon to their practice squad Wednesday, a move that was likely made as a result of the Browns losing safety Rodney McLeod for the rest of the season due to a biceps injury suffered last Sunday against the Steelers.

    Harmon has appeared in an impressive four Super Bowl across his career — all of which were with the Patriots — and has four career interceptions in the postseason. He’s the second player with Super Bowl experience the Browns have added to their practice squad this week following their signing of quarterback Joe Flacco, the MVP of Super Bowl XLVII.

     
     
  • @bbedward said:

    You’d have to be some kinda masochist to watch that game again, on thanksgiving no less.

    I’m still trying to find Easter time. ?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I’m still trying to find Easter time. ?

    It's half past a rabbit's ass.??

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I’m still trying to find Easter time. ?

    It's half past a rabbit's ass.??

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's half past a rabbit's ass.??

    A quarter to his balls? ⚽️ 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It's half past a rabbit's ass.??

    A quarter to his balls? ⚽️ 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    A quarter to his balls? ⚽️ 

    LOL how fucking stupid