Skip to content

Browns Sign Joe Flacco to Practice Squad

The Browns Board
127 21 5.0k 1
  • N Neo

    @bbedward said:

    The browns losing to Denver is what it is, I don’t think we can point fingers at stefanski at strong at Walker. Shit happens. If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card they would be the biggest collapse in NFL history.
     

    We’re destined to be a wild card, Joe Flacco is destined to meme the ravens at M&T bank stadium in the playoffs. 
     

    Joe Flacco knocks out the ravens on the way to his second Super Bowl MVP. Ultimate fan fiction 

    Just for the record, nobody really wants Flacco starting. It's unfortunate DTR got hurt. Now the Browns may have to start him just to stave off any kind of losing skid. If Flacco gets hurt, then what? Does anyone really want PJ Walker or Harrison Bryant starting a playoff game for the Browns? We can only hope DTR is back ASAP.

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @neo said:

    Just for the record, nobody really wants Flacco starting. It's unfortunate DTR got hurt. Now the Browns may have to start him just to stave off any kind of losing skid. If Flacco gets hurt, then what? Does anyone really want PJ Walker or Harrison Bryant starting a playoff game for the Browns? We can only hope DTR is back ASAP.

    Didn't want to see any of our players get hurt, but definitely done with DTR starting. That leaves Flacco, because PJ is just a train wreck. Hopefully DTR recovers soon, but only to be Flacco's back-up.

  • @nickers said:

    It's high time to find Njoku's replacement.. His awareness.. Or lack thereof.. Is downright frustrating.... His ME's come by the bag full.. I'm sick of him...

    He’s so great, when he actually catches it. Unfortunately, catching it is more important than what you do after you catch it. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #94

    @bbedward said:

    He’s so great, when he actually catches it. Unfortunately, catching it is more important than what you do after you catch it. 

    Well when you eat Butterfingers for breakfast it tends to make you Swartzlike in your yards after no catch.???

  • @nickers said:

    It's high time to find Njoku's replacement.. His awareness.. Or lack thereof.. Is downright frustrating.... His ME's come by the bag full.. I'm sick of him...

    He’s so great, when he actually catches it. Unfortunately, catching it is more important than what you do after you catch it. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @bbedward said:

    He’s so great, when he actually catches it. Unfortunately, catching it is more important than what you do after you catch it. 

    Our margins are so thin, we just can't afford mistakes, and David has so many drops. That 3rd down in the red zone a few weeks ago was just brutal, and the one today over the middle would've been a 35-40 yard gain, if not more with a block or two. Our team is near the bottom, if not THE bottom in YAC. It's so painful. 

  • @bbedward said:

    He’s so great, when he actually catches it. Unfortunately, catching it is more important than what you do after you catch it. 

    Our margins are so thin, we just can't afford mistakes, and David has so many drops. That 3rd down in the red zone a few weeks ago was just brutal, and the one today over the middle would've been a 35-40 yard gain, if not more with a block or two. Our team is near the bottom, if not THE bottom in YAC. It's so painful. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Our margins are so thin, we just can't afford mistakes, and David has so many drops. That 3rd down in the red zone a few weeks ago was just brutal, and the one today over the middle would've been a 35-40 yard gain, if not more with a block or two. Our team is near the bottom, if not THE bottom in YAC. It's so painful. 

    Which is why I keep saying draft Ainias Smith. He gets open and he doesn't drop, plus he is like a little jitterbug in the open field. Someone like that changes everything in the passing game.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Our margins are so thin, we just can't afford mistakes, and David has so many drops. That 3rd down in the red zone a few weeks ago was just brutal, and the one today over the middle would've been a 35-40 yard gain, if not more with a block or two. Our team is near the bottom, if not THE bottom in YAC. It's so painful. 

    Which is why I keep saying draft Ainias Smith. He gets open and he doesn't drop, plus he is like a little jitterbug in the open field. Someone like that changes everything in the passing game.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @texasag1969 said:

    Which is why I keep saying draft Ainias Smith. He gets open and he doesn't drop, plus he is like a little jitterbug in the open field. Someone like that changes everything in the passing game.

    What school does he play for?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #98

    People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

  • People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @orion said:

    People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

    I LIKE Njoku but every once in a while he'll have a lack of focus game with the drops.  Then we voice our frustration and get over it.  Tell you what I really like about him is how much he's improved at blocking and how physical he is with yards after the catch.  I don't want Harrison Bryant anywhere near the football any more.  If you dangle the Harrison Bryant comparisons to him - you're gonna make Njoku my favorite player or damn close to it.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Which is why I keep saying draft Ainias Smith. He gets open and he doesn't drop, plus he is like a little jitterbug in the open field. Someone like that changes everything in the passing game.

    What school does he play for?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    What school does he play for?

    LOL Maybe somewhere in texas ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    are qb's

  • sydS syd

    are qb's

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    are qb's

    .....just Wow.  🙂

  • @orion said:

    People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

    I LIKE Njoku but every once in a while he'll have a lack of focus game with the drops.  Then we voice our frustration and get over it.  Tell you what I really like about him is how much he's improved at blocking and how physical he is with yards after the catch.  I don't want Harrison Bryant anywhere near the football any more.  If you dangle the Harrison Bryant comparisons to him - you're gonna make Njoku my favorite player or damn close to it.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I LIKE Njoku but every once in a while he'll have a lack of focus game with the drops.  Then we voice our frustration and get over it.  Tell you what I really like about him is how much he's improved at blocking and how physical he is with yards after the catch.  I don't want Harrison Bryant anywhere near the football any more.  If you dangle the Harrison Bryant comparisons to him - you're gonna make Njoku my favorite player or damn close to it.

    Funny because were dead last in YAC... I think all of our TE's are inconsistent.. Part of that is having a diff QB every other week... Part of it is lack of focus..Njoku must be gettin some good Ganj or he's to worried about celebrating before he makes the catch..

    28 Cleveland Browns 11 217 391 55.5 1993 9 2.3 13 3.3 59 5.7 4.6 10.2 181.2 65.8 33 225 7.8 4.7 3.7  
  • @flugel said:

    I LIKE Njoku but every once in a while he'll have a lack of focus game with the drops.  Then we voice our frustration and get over it.  Tell you what I really like about him is how much he's improved at blocking and how physical he is with yards after the catch.  I don't want Harrison Bryant anywhere near the football any more.  If you dangle the Harrison Bryant comparisons to him - you're gonna make Njoku my favorite player or damn close to it.

    Funny because were dead last in YAC... I think all of our TE's are inconsistent.. Part of that is having a diff QB every other week... Part of it is lack of focus..Njoku must be gettin some good Ganj or he's to worried about celebrating before he makes the catch..

    28 Cleveland Browns 11 217 391 55.5 1993 9 2.3 13 3.3 59 5.7 4.6 10.2 181.2 65.8 33 225 7.8 4.7 3.7  
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Funny because were dead last in YAC... I think all of our TE's are inconsistent.. Part of that is having a diff QB every other week... Part of it is lack of focus..Njoku must be gettin some good Ganj or he's to worried about celebrating before he makes the catch..

    28 Cleveland Browns 11 217 391 55.5 1993 9 2.3 13 3.3 59 5.7 4.6 10.2 181.2 65.8 33 225 7.8 4.7 3.7  

    Thanks Nicks!  I just like how physical Njoku can be after the catch.  Sometimes watching Hunt get the tough yards near the goal line is fun as Hell.  It ain't gonna break any yards after contact but it has a way of getting us 6 points when we need it. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    Browns QB Joe Flacco is taking snaps as QB1 and could start vs. the Rams, per

    .

  • sydS syd

    Browns QB Joe Flacco is taking snaps as QB1 and could start vs. the Rams, per

    .

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    Browns QB Joe Flacco is taking snaps as QB1 and could start vs. the Rams, per

    .

    I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been made official yet. 

    Can't see DTR failing concussion protocol one Sunday and then starting seven days later, and PJ Walker should always be the absolute last resort. 

  • @syd said:

    Browns QB Joe Flacco is taking snaps as QB1 and could start vs. the Rams, per

    .

    I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been made official yet. 

    Can't see DTR failing concussion protocol one Sunday and then starting seven days later, and PJ Walker should always be the absolute last resort. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    it hasn't been made official yet.

    competitive edge ? I have no idea 

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    it hasn't been made official yet.

    competitive edge ? I have no idea 

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @syd said:

    competitive edge ? I have no idea 

    Probably, if it’s DTR the rams have to consider the running threat and designed runs. If it’s Flacco they have to force a lot of pressure and quick releases to prevent the deep balls being accurate. If it’s walker then the defense can just take the week off.

    I think when they are in berea everything gets leaked anyway, maybe they are more quiet since they are in California and it won’t get leaked as easily. Stefanski said as much before when he announced DTR the starter after Watson injury “why are you announcing it now?”… “because you guys already reported it”

  • @syd said:

    competitive edge ? I have no idea 

    Probably, if it’s DTR the rams have to consider the running threat and designed runs. If it’s Flacco they have to force a lot of pressure and quick releases to prevent the deep balls being accurate. If it’s walker then the defense can just take the week off.

    I think when they are in berea everything gets leaked anyway, maybe they are more quiet since they are in California and it won’t get leaked as easily. Stefanski said as much before when he announced DTR the starter after Watson injury “why are you announcing it now?”… “because you guys already reported it”

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    Probably, if it’s DTR the rams have to consider the running threat and designed runs. If it’s Flacco they have to force a lot of pressure and quick releases to prevent the deep balls being accurate. If it’s walker then the defense can just take the week off.

    I think when they are in berea everything gets leaked anyway, maybe they are more quiet since they are in California and it won’t get leaked as easily. Stefanski said as much before when he announced DTR the starter after Watson injury “why are you announcing it now?”… “because you guys already reported it”

    I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?

  • sydS syd

    @bbedward said:

    Probably, if it’s DTR the rams have to consider the running threat and designed runs. If it’s Flacco they have to force a lot of pressure and quick releases to prevent the deep balls being accurate. If it’s walker then the defense can just take the week off.

    I think when they are in berea everything gets leaked anyway, maybe they are more quiet since they are in California and it won’t get leaked as easily. Stefanski said as much before when he announced DTR the starter after Watson injury “why are you announcing it now?”… “because you guys already reported it”

    I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @syd said:

    I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?

    For DTR and Flacco I'd say...yes

    The practice reps for the rams would be significantly different for those 2 quarterbacks. How much it matters is another matter, it might mean the rams are underprepared for one of the options - it might mean they spent all week practicing containing a mobile quarterback and now all that practice time was wasted.

    In practice how much does it actually impact things with pro teams, idk - but even for the 0.01% advantage might as well keep it tight lipped.

    Though to be fair for Walker it does not matter, he is absolute shit. DTR may clear concussion protocol and start but I think that's pretty rare to do in a week, so I assume they are preparing for Flacco anyway

  • @syd said:

    I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?

    For DTR and Flacco I'd say...yes

    The practice reps for the rams would be significantly different for those 2 quarterbacks. How much it matters is another matter, it might mean the rams are underprepared for one of the options - it might mean they spent all week practicing containing a mobile quarterback and now all that practice time was wasted.

    In practice how much does it actually impact things with pro teams, idk - but even for the 0.01% advantage might as well keep it tight lipped.

    Though to be fair for Walker it does not matter, he is absolute shit. DTR may clear concussion protocol and start but I think that's pretty rare to do in a week, so I assume they are preparing for Flacco anyway

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    so I assume they are preparing for Flacco anyway

    well yes. oh well it doesnt matter

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)

    Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.

    Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference