Browns Sign Joe Flacco to Practice Squad
-
Probably, if it’s DTR the rams have to consider the running threat and designed runs. If it’s Flacco they have to force a lot of pressure and quick releases to prevent the deep balls being accurate. If it’s walker then the defense can just take the week off.
I think when they are in berea everything gets leaked anyway, maybe they are more quiet since they are in California and it won’t get leaked as easily. Stefanski said as much before when he announced DTR the starter after Watson injury “why are you announcing it now?”… “because you guys already reported it”
I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?
I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?
For DTR and Flacco I'd say...yes
The practice reps for the rams would be significantly different for those 2 quarterbacks. How much it matters is another matter, it might mean the rams are underprepared for one of the options - it might mean they spent all week practicing containing a mobile quarterback and now all that practice time was wasted.
In practice how much does it actually impact things with pro teams, idk - but even for the 0.01% advantage might as well keep it tight lipped.
Though to be fair for Walker it does not matter, he is absolute shit. DTR may clear concussion protocol and start but I think that's pretty rare to do in a week, so I assume they are preparing for Flacco anyway
-
I really hate saying this. But doe's it fucking matter ?
For DTR and Flacco I'd say...yes
The practice reps for the rams would be significantly different for those 2 quarterbacks. How much it matters is another matter, it might mean the rams are underprepared for one of the options - it might mean they spent all week practicing containing a mobile quarterback and now all that practice time was wasted.
In practice how much does it actually impact things with pro teams, idk - but even for the 0.01% advantage might as well keep it tight lipped.
Though to be fair for Walker it does not matter, he is absolute shit. DTR may clear concussion protocol and start but I think that's pretty rare to do in a week, so I assume they are preparing for Flacco anyway
-
Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)
Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.
Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference
-
Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)
Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.
Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference
Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)
Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.
Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference
Safe to say you aren't real optimistic about Flacco?
-
Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)
Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.
Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference
Safe to say you aren't real optimistic about Flacco?
Safe to say you aren't real optimistic about Flacco?
I think Flacco can win a lot of games for the browns actually, but it may not be that pretty. At the least, he won’t turn it over that much and he’ll give us a deep threat which we haven’t had without Watson.
Flacco at his current state can give us average, which is better than what we’ve had all season long (except for some Watson games)
-
People are ragging on Njoku. Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes. But he's our leading receiver. And he's a PITA to tackle. He gets yards after the catch. I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?
People are ragging on Njoku. Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes. But he's our leading receiver. And he's a PITA to tackle. He gets yards after the catch. I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?
He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly.
Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday.
-
The browns losing to Denver is what it is, I don’t think we can point fingers at stefanski at strong at Walker. Shit happens. If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card they would be the biggest collapse in NFL history.
We’re destined to be a wild card, Joe Flacco is destined to meme the ravens at M&T bank stadium in the playoffs.
Joe Flacco knocks out the ravens on the way to his second Super Bowl MVP. Ultimate fan fiction
If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card
I dunno know, man. Every single team in history has injuries, but we're seriously banged up at the most important positions in the sport. I can't expect many teams to win 3 more games with the literal 4th string QB. It just is what it is. We're going to need herculean efforts by the defense to have a chance. However, it can totally happen!
-
I'm actually really optimistic on what the offense will look like with Flacco under center compared to the one DTR pilots. I'm expecting that the defense won't be put on nearly as many short fields with turnovers and I'm expecting a much better TOP will go even further to helping the D.
I do think a loss is the most realistic outcome, but I'm as hopeful as I've been all year, and yes, that means with Watson as well.... I worry far less about Joe and his play than I do Kevin and his ability to call the best offensive game plan for his new toy.
-
People are ragging on Njoku. Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes. But he's our leading receiver. And he's a PITA to tackle. He gets yards after the catch. I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?
He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly.
Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday.
He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly.
Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday.
I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"
-
If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card
I dunno know, man. Every single team in history has injuries, but we're seriously banged up at the most important positions in the sport. I can't expect many teams to win 3 more games with the literal 4th string QB. It just is what it is. We're going to need herculean efforts by the defense to have a chance. However, it can totally happen!
I dunno know, man. Every single team in history has injuries, but we're seriously banged up at the most important positions in the sport. I can't expect many teams to win 3 more games with the literal 4th string QB. It just is what it is. We're going to need herculean efforts by the defense to have a chance. However, it can totally happen!
With the best defender being a one armed man, even the Fugitive would have a difficult time pulling off a win.?
-
He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly.
Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday.
I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"
I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"
That’s just a reality of the modern day NFL, they want the extra attention and spotlight after a play.
teams do have varying levels of discipline though, used to hear about it from Cleveland hotels. Some teams all come down for breakfast at 8am sharp together dressed business casual, some like the Marvin Lewis bengals mosy down throughout the morning in sweat pants and white T’s
Theyre celebrity athletes though so you need to be pretty lax on the discipline usually. Otherwise you lose the team like Urban Meyer
-
I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"
That’s just a reality of the modern day NFL, they want the extra attention and spotlight after a play.
teams do have varying levels of discipline though, used to hear about it from Cleveland hotels. Some teams all come down for breakfast at 8am sharp together dressed business casual, some like the Marvin Lewis bengals mosy down throughout the morning in sweat pants and white T’s
Theyre celebrity athletes though so you need to be pretty lax on the discipline usually. Otherwise you lose the team like Urban Meyer
That’s just a reality of the modern day NFL, they want the extra attention and spotlight after a play.
teams do have varying levels of discipline though, used to hear about it from Cleveland hotels. Some teams all come down for breakfast at 8am sharp together dressed business casual, some like the Marvin Lewis bengals mosy down throughout the morning in sweat pants and white T’s
Theyre celebrity athletes though so you need to be pretty lax on the discipline usually. Otherwise you lose the team like Urban Meyer
You would think after enough 10 and 15 yard penalty's the light bulb would come on.. But most stay stupid...
-
Also according to AVP today he thinks Flacco arm strength is a 5/5 and he has elite footwork and accuracy in practice.
457 yd/5 TD performance incoming
-
Feel good quote of the day:
OC Alex Van Pelt says Joe Flacco showed Wednesday he’s got ‘lot left in that tank,’ still has ‘elite’ arm
-
So out of curiousity, I looked up Flacco's stats for 2022 with the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.
In almost 200 attempts (a pretty good sample size) he was neither accurate (57% completion) or someone who was throwing the ball downfield (a meager 5.5 yards/attempt).
So out of curiousity, I looked up Flacco's stats for 2022 with the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.
In almost 200 attempts (a pretty good sample size) he was neither accurate (57% completion) or someone who was throwing the ball downfield (a meager 5.5 yards/attempt).
behind that shit o-line they had, I am surprised his numbers were that good
-
ERSGPGSCOMPPATTATT/GPCTPYDSPAVGPYDS/GPTDLNGPASS INTSCKSCKYDSQBR19913224226.954.51,6887.0187.667972317572.82
M. WhiteQB
4410317543.858.91,1926.8298.0360497675.735411019138.257.61,0515.5210.25663106675.242110157.566.7906.045.0030 -
Pat McAfee a believer in Joe Flacco and the Browns
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pat-mcafee-believer-joe-flacco-130046122.html
-
To nobody’s surprise, DTR still in protocol so
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
