Skip to content

Browns Sign Joe Flacco to Practice Squad

The Browns Board
127 21 5.0k 1
  • Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)

    Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.

    Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference 

    @bbedward said:

    Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)

    Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.

    Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference 

    Safe to say you aren't real optimistic about Flacco?

  • @bbedward said:

    Flacco elevated, Flacco taking first team reps. I think getting out of the concussion protocol after 1 week almost never happens (for DTR)

    Looks like we’ll be seeing Joe Flacco with PJ Walker backing him up Sunday.

    Get ready for a lot of running back checkdowns, a quarterback that plants a tent in the pocket, and the occasional bomb into double coverage for a rogue pass interference 

    Safe to say you aren't real optimistic about Flacco?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Safe to say you aren't real optimistic about Flacco?

    I think Flacco can win a lot of games for the browns actually, but it may not be that pretty. At the least, he won’t turn it over that much and he’ll give us a deep threat which we haven’t had without Watson.

    Flacco at his current state can give us average, which is better than what we’ve had all season long (except for some Watson games)

  • People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

    @orion said:

    People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

    He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly. 

    Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday. 

  • The browns losing to Denver is what it is, I don’t think we can point fingers at stefanski at strong at Walker. Shit happens. If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card they would be the biggest collapse in NFL history.
     

    We’re destined to be a wild card, Joe Flacco is destined to meme the ravens at M&T bank stadium in the playoffs. 
     

    Joe Flacco knocks out the ravens on the way to his second Super Bowl MVP. Ultimate fan fiction 

    @bbedward said:

    If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card

    I dunno know, man. Every single team in history has injuries, but we're seriously banged up at the most important positions in the sport. I can't expect many teams to win 3 more games with the literal 4th string QB. It just is what it is. We're going to need herculean efforts by the defense to have a chance. However, it can totally happen! 

  • I'm actually really optimistic on what the offense will look like with Flacco under center compared to the one DTR pilots. I'm expecting that the defense won't be put on nearly as many short fields with turnovers and I'm expecting a much better TOP will go even further to helping the D.

    I do think a loss is the most realistic outcome, but I'm as hopeful as I've been all year, and yes, that means with Watson as well.... I worry far less about Joe and his play than I do Kevin and his ability to call the best offensive game plan for his new toy.

  • @orion said:

    People are ragging on Njoku.  Yeah, he loses concentration and drops passes.  But he's our leading receiver.  And he's a PITA to tackle.  He gets yards after the catch.    I mean, would yas prefer Harrison Bryant as the starting TE?

    He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly. 

    Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly. 

    Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday. 

    I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"

  • @bbedward said:

    If this team doesn’t manage 3 more wins and a wild card

    I dunno know, man. Every single team in history has injuries, but we're seriously banged up at the most important positions in the sport. I can't expect many teams to win 3 more games with the literal 4th string QB. It just is what it is. We're going to need herculean efforts by the defense to have a chance. However, it can totally happen! 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I dunno know, man. Every single team in history has injuries, but we're seriously banged up at the most important positions in the sport. I can't expect many teams to win 3 more games with the literal 4th string QB. It just is what it is. We're going to need herculean efforts by the defense to have a chance. However, it can totally happen! 

    With the best defender being a one armed man, even the Fugitive would have a difficult time pulling off a win.?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    He gets an unfair rap, I totally agree with that, but just when he was about to quash the "dropsies" reputation, they came back with a flair. And not just drops, but DROPS. That red zone 3rd down a couple weeks ago, the touchdown last week (defender made a terrific play, but still), and the one over the middle that would've gone for 30-40 yards...hurt badly. 

    Njoku is a tough mother and I've grown to like him, but he does need to step up now, more than ever, if we're going to make the playoffs with our 53rd string QB. I believe David comes back in a huge way Sunday. 

    I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"

    @nickers said:

    I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"

    That’s just a reality of the modern day NFL, they want the extra attention and spotlight after a play. 
     

    teams do have varying levels of discipline though, used to hear about it from Cleveland hotels. Some teams all come down for breakfast at 8am sharp together dressed business casual, some like the Marvin  Lewis bengals mosy down throughout the morning in sweat pants and white T’s

    Theyre celebrity athletes though so you need to be pretty lax on the discipline usually. Otherwise you lose the team like Urban Meyer 

  • @nickers said:

    I wish players in general would quit worrying about celebrating after every successful play... It a bad look of IMMATURITY on their part and the team.... Like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi would say.. "Act like you have been here before and cut out the bullshit"

    That’s just a reality of the modern day NFL, they want the extra attention and spotlight after a play. 
     

    teams do have varying levels of discipline though, used to hear about it from Cleveland hotels. Some teams all come down for breakfast at 8am sharp together dressed business casual, some like the Marvin  Lewis bengals mosy down throughout the morning in sweat pants and white T’s

    Theyre celebrity athletes though so you need to be pretty lax on the discipline usually. Otherwise you lose the team like Urban Meyer 

    @bbedward said:

    That’s just a reality of the modern day NFL, they want the extra attention and spotlight after a play. 
     

    teams do have varying levels of discipline though, used to hear about it from Cleveland hotels. Some teams all come down for breakfast at 8am sharp together dressed business casual, some like the Marvin  Lewis bengals mosy down throughout the morning in sweat pants and white T’s

    Theyre celebrity athletes though so you need to be pretty lax on the discipline usually. Otherwise you lose the team like Urban Meyer 

    You would think after enough 10 and 15 yard penalty's the light bulb would come on.. But most stay stupid...

  • Also according to AVP today he thinks Flacco arm strength is a 5/5 and he has elite footwork and accuracy in practice.

    457 yd/5 TD performance incoming 

  • Feel good quote of the day:

    OC Alex Van Pelt says Joe Flacco showed Wednesday he’s got ‘lot left in that tank,’ still has ‘elite’ arm

    https://www.brownszone.com/2023/11/30/oc-alex-van-pelt-says-joe-flacco-showed-wednesday-hes-got-lot-left-in-that-tank-still-has-elite-arm/

  • So out of curiousity, I looked up Flacco's stats for 2022 with the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets. 

    In almost 200 attempts (a pretty good sample size) he was neither accurate (57% completion) or someone who was throwing the ball downfield (a meager 5.5 yards/attempt). 

    @dutch-oven said:

    So out of curiousity, I looked up Flacco's stats for 2022 with the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets. 

    In almost 200 attempts (a pretty good sample size) he was neither accurate (57% completion) or someone who was throwing the ball downfield (a meager 5.5 yards/attempt). 

    behind that shit o-line they had, I am surprised his numbers were that good

  • ERS
    GP
    GS
    COMP
    PATT
    ATT/G
    PCT
    PYDS
    PAVG
    PYDS/G
    PTD
    LNG
    PASS INT
    SCK
    SCKYDS
    QBR
     
    1
    9
    9
    132
    242
    26.9
    54.5
    1,688
    7.0
    187.6
    6
    79
    7
    23
    175
    72.8
    2
    4
    4
    103
    175
    43.8
    58.9
    1,192
    6.8
    298.0
    3
    60
    4
    9
    76
    75.7
    3
    5
    4
    110
    191
    38.2
    57.6
    1,051
    5.5
    210.2
    5
    66
    3
    10
    66
    75.2
    4
    2
    1
    10
    15
    7.5
    66.7
    90
    6.0
    45.0
    0
    30
     
  • Pat McAfee a believer in Joe Flacco and the Browns

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pat-mcafee-believer-joe-flacco-130046122.html

  • To nobody’s surprise, DTR still in protocol so

    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    #Browms Joe Flacco will start vs Rams team says