Skip to content

Browns Sign Joe Flacco to Practice Squad

The Browns Board
127 21 5.0k 1
  • @vaportrail said:

    Watching the offense in the 3rd quarter was infuriating, but I don't think you can put it all on Stefanski. There were plenty of 5 and 7 step drops that DTR took in the second half that were checked down to the flats. You don't drop that far back unless the first read is an intermediate/deep route. Stefanski had to keep the game plan simple for DTR just because of the heat that was expected from Watt and Highsmith. The damage was limited to 1 sack and 1 interception with how quick DTR was getting the ball out. I'll wait for the talking heads to break down the all-22 to see if that read was open. He also wasn't helped by the drops from Njoku and Moore. 

    43 pass attempts when Pittsburgh never had a lead is kind of nuts. I'm excited to see how DTR will do against a lesser defense. But looking at the rest of our schedule, I can see every game going down to the last possession. 

    As I thought... No passes over 15 yards....  Gee Kev, couldn't you have lobbed one at least once deep to give the Steelers MASH unit secondary something to think about?  🙂 

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @hoorta said:

    As I thought... No passes over 15 yards....  Gee Kev, couldn't you have lobbed one at least once deep to give the Steelers MASH unit secondary something to think about?  🙂 

    I feel like Kevin did have some long developing deep pass plays dialed up. I get the feeling the coaching staff, correctly, ingrained how fast he’d have to release the ball all week and to make a quick check down decision.

    DTR definitely did what his coaches asked, he was just a little too quick to check down even when he had a clean pocket.

    Combo of conservative play calling and conscious conservative QB play, even when he had a clean pocket and options downfield.

    We’ll see against the broncos, they have a solid secondary and worse pass rush. Should lend itself to a bit less conservative play style 

  • Just been named starter against the Broncos. They have a weak run defense so that should help him with better chemistry with the receivers.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @mddawg said:

    Just been named starter against the Broncos.

    Where is that being reported?

  • @orion said:

    I'm watching Denver....and of course, Dobbs is lighting it up for the Vikings.  

    Well that didn't last. I warned on another thread the Broncos have been playing very well lately. We have our hands full.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well that didn't last. I warned on another thread the Broncos have been playing very well lately. We have our hands full.

    denver has the worst rush D in the league. minn put up 5 ypc on em yesterday . play tressel ball, But this time maybe let DTR take a few shots downfield

  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well that didn't last. I warned on another thread the Broncos have been playing very well lately. We have our hands full.

    denver has the worst rush D in the league. minn put up 5 ypc on em yesterday . play tressel ball, But this time maybe let DTR take a few shots downfield

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @syd said:

    Denver has the worst rush D in the league. Minn put up 5 ypc on em yesterday . play Tressel ball, But this time maybe let DTR take a few shots downfield

    In related Donkey news...  Starting (cheap shot artist)SS Kareem Jackson is suspended again for cheap shotting Josh Dobbs Sunday.  

  • @syd said:

    Denver has the worst rush D in the league. Minn put up 5 ypc on em yesterday . play Tressel ball, But this time maybe let DTR take a few shots downfield

    In related Donkey news...  Starting (cheap shot artist)SS Kareem Jackson is suspended again for cheap shotting Josh Dobbs Sunday.  

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @hoorta said:

    In related Donkey news...  Starting (cheap shot artist)SS Kareem Jackson is suspended again for cheap shotting Josh Dobbs Sunday.  

    And the refs didn’t call a flag on that play ?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #33

    It's amazing that you can have a super bowl mvp on your practice squad now-a-days.    And, in theory, the Bengals could sign him off our PS.  And you know that if Paul Brown were still around he would do it.  🙂  

  • @vaportrail said:

    Watching the offense in the 3rd quarter was infuriating, but I don't think you can put it all on Stefanski. There were plenty of 5 and 7 step drops that DTR took in the second half that were checked down to the flats. You don't drop that far back unless the first read is an intermediate/deep route. Stefanski had to keep the game plan simple for DTR

    Nice post.  Stef did what was best for the team.  He tried hard to keep DTR from losing the game for us.  He finally had him throwing downfield in the last minute of the game...but that's what the situation called for.  And lo and behold, the kid delivered with the game winning drive.  

    I saw the DTR on-field interview after the game.  He spoke of how he felt that his performance was hurting the team and you could tell that he felt horribly about it.  I'm happy for him that the final drive played out like it did.  He earned the win in that final drive.  He beat the Steelers...in Cleveland...there is no regular season victory bigger than that.  

    All that said, the only way to win games with 5th round rookie DTR at QB is to win ugly.  Keep the score low.  Lean on the defense.  Be conservative in the passing game.  Try to run the ball.  You're not going to win a boat race.  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @orion said:

    Nice post.  Stef did what was best for the team.  He tried hard to keep DTR from losing the game for us.  He finally had him throwing downfield in the last minute of the game...but that's what the situation called for.  And lo and behold, the kid delivered with the game winning drive.  

    I saw the DTR on-field interview after the game.  He spoke of how he felt that his performance was hurting the team and you could tell that he felt horribly about it.  I'm happy for him that the final drive played out like it did.  He earned the win in that final drive.  He beat the Steelers...in Cleveland...there is no regular season victory bigger than that.  

    All that said, the only way to win games with 5th round rookie DTR at QB is to win ugly.  Keep the score low.  Lean on the defense.  Be conservative in the passing game.  Try to run the ball.  You're not going to win a boat race.  

    I think Stefanski coached one of his better games.  He knew it was going to be a close game and coached accordingly.

    Somewhere I read, or maybe it was in a PC that earlier in the week AVP handed DTR a play sheet and told him to memorize those plays.  DTR did.  I think those plays were the plays we ran at games end.  Pitt was afraid of a pass interference call late and played zone, something they didn't do much of prior to that last drive.

    When you talk about scripting plays, it is usually the opening drive.  I think we scripted that final drive feeling it would be a close game and they would probably go to a zone, and might need as FG to win or tie the game with time running out.  We used the script when we needed it most.

    Pretty brilliant.

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Not taking away anything from what was a solid game-winning drive, but also I remember at some point in the 4th, they showed that we had only 23 yards total offense in the 2nd half. And that came against a banged up secondary. If that doesn't demonstrate that DTR isn't ready to be starting QB, then what will? 

    It seems it is going to take a crushing defeat, or injury to get Flacco under center. I wouldn't like to see either. 

  • Not taking away anything from what was a solid game-winning drive, but also I remember at some point in the 4th, they showed that we had only 23 yards total offense in the 2nd half. And that came against a banged up secondary. If that doesn't demonstrate that DTR isn't ready to be starting QB, then what will? 

    It seems it is going to take a crushing defeat, or injury to get Flacco under center. I wouldn't like to see either. 

    JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Not taking away anything from what was a solid game-winning drive, but also I remember at some point in the 4th, they showed that we had only 23 yards total offense in the 2nd half. And that came against a banged up secondary. If that doesn't demonstrate that DTR isn't ready to be starting QB, then what will? 

    It seems it is going to take a crushing defeat, or injury to get Flacco under center. I wouldn't like to see either. 

    DTR is without a doubt not ready as they prepared the other QBs not him, but they also had him under a tight leash so it's not accurate stating what he didn't do down field against a banged up secondary. Steelers D is always tough regardless, and if you want to take Watt out of the game(which we had to as he owns us), you have to get rid of the ball quicker. Plus they had Heywood back that was missing from our first meeting.

    I don't know about anyone else, but going into this game I was thinking we just have to contain the turnovers and allow our defense to dictate the game. I think there were a couple throws that looked like pick 6s and we got lucky. This is why I don't fault Stef for appearing not to take chances and in the end we got the W. However, 1 mistake and we could easily lose, luckily we recovered from the one interception.

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve. What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    I hate the Ravens, especially now that they are ahead of us in our division. I really hate bringing the ex Raven in here at QB position, but at the same time I like the move.

  • @orion said:

    Nice post.  Stef did what was best for the team.  He tried hard to keep DTR from losing the game for us.  He finally had him throwing downfield in the last minute of the game...but that's what the situation called for.  And lo and behold, the kid delivered with the game winning drive.  

    I saw the DTR on-field interview after the game.  He spoke of how he felt that his performance was hurting the team and you could tell that he felt horribly about it.  I'm happy for him that the final drive played out like it did.  He earned the win in that final drive.  He beat the Steelers...in Cleveland...there is no regular season victory bigger than that.  

    All that said, the only way to win games with 5th round rookie DTR at QB is to win ugly.  Keep the score low.  Lean on the defense.  Be conservative in the passing game.  Try to run the ball.  You're not going to win a boat race.  

    I think Stefanski coached one of his better games.  He knew it was going to be a close game and coached accordingly.

    Somewhere I read, or maybe it was in a PC that earlier in the week AVP handed DTR a play sheet and told him to memorize those plays.  DTR did.  I think those plays were the plays we ran at games end.  Pitt was afraid of a pass interference call late and played zone, something they didn't do much of prior to that last drive.

    When you talk about scripting plays, it is usually the opening drive.  I think we scripted that final drive feeling it would be a close game and they would probably go to a zone, and might need as FG to win or tie the game with time running out.  We used the script when we needed it most.

    Pretty brilliant.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @ballpeen said:

    Pitt was afraid of a pass interference call late and played zone, something they didn't do much of prior to that last drive.

    That's a strategy right out of our own playbook.  Prevent yourself from winning.  Why teams do that I've no idea.  We couldn't do squat against them all 2nd half long.  Luckily for us, they changed what they were doing...or we'd have been doomed.  

  • JaxJ Jax

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Not taking away anything from what was a solid game-winning drive, but also I remember at some point in the 4th, they showed that we had only 23 yards total offense in the 2nd half. And that came against a banged up secondary. If that doesn't demonstrate that DTR isn't ready to be starting QB, then what will? 

    It seems it is going to take a crushing defeat, or injury to get Flacco under center. I wouldn't like to see either. 

    DTR is without a doubt not ready as they prepared the other QBs not him, but they also had him under a tight leash so it's not accurate stating what he didn't do down field against a banged up secondary. Steelers D is always tough regardless, and if you want to take Watt out of the game(which we had to as he owns us), you have to get rid of the ball quicker. Plus they had Heywood back that was missing from our first meeting.

    I don't know about anyone else, but going into this game I was thinking we just have to contain the turnovers and allow our defense to dictate the game. I think there were a couple throws that looked like pick 6s and we got lucky. This is why I don't fault Stef for appearing not to take chances and in the end we got the W. However, 1 mistake and we could easily lose, luckily we recovered from the one interception.

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve. What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    I hate the Ravens, especially now that they are ahead of us in our division. I really hate bringing the ex Raven in here at QB position, but at the same time I like the move.

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @jax said:

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve.

    Didn't suggest to cut him, did I? I hope he learns and improves, over the years. 

    Just making a point from the perspective of a team that is on the verge of making the play-offs, which is something not all that common for the Browns. DTR showed Sunday that he is not going to take us there. Too raw; too inexperienced; too nervous; too inaccurate.

    He did not produce any offense for most of the second half, but did turn the ball over. That's just a matter of fact. 

    What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    This has been explained by others. They were playing 9 up front for most of the second half, and even their corners were constantly trying to get in between the ball and the receiver. Only on 3rd and long did they get away from the LOS a bit. The only way to beat that is over the top. In the absence of that, other teams will kill our run game the same way. 

    We need a QB that can throw 50 yard passes with accuracy, when needed. The only QB under contract with the Browns who can do that is Flacco. Plain and simple.

  • @jax said:

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve.

    Didn't suggest to cut him, did I? I hope he learns and improves, over the years. 

    Just making a point from the perspective of a team that is on the verge of making the play-offs, which is something not all that common for the Browns. DTR showed Sunday that he is not going to take us there. Too raw; too inexperienced; too nervous; too inaccurate.

    He did not produce any offense for most of the second half, but did turn the ball over. That's just a matter of fact. 

    What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    This has been explained by others. They were playing 9 up front for most of the second half, and even their corners were constantly trying to get in between the ball and the receiver. Only on 3rd and long did they get away from the LOS a bit. The only way to beat that is over the top. In the absence of that, other teams will kill our run game the same way. 

    We need a QB that can throw 50 yard passes with accuracy, when needed. The only QB under contract with the Browns who can do that is Flacco. Plain and simple.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #39

    @korsou-dawg said:

     This has been explained by others. They were playing 9 up front for most of the second half, and even their corners were constantly trying to get in between the ball and the receiver. Only on 3rd and long did they get away from the LOS a bit. 

    If i had a complaint of the RB personal package's used on Sunday?

    RB Pierre Strong Jr. vision/hands are the better choice than Ford's when it comes to safe check down/screen passes.. Strong only saw 3-4 offensive snaps Sunday. that was Strong's strongest feature in the Patriots offense besides kick returner.. not that 9 man fronts, wouldn't have figured this out though.. but we didn't try it either with those low snap counts   

  • @jax said:

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve.

    Didn't suggest to cut him, did I? I hope he learns and improves, over the years. 

    Just making a point from the perspective of a team that is on the verge of making the play-offs, which is something not all that common for the Browns. DTR showed Sunday that he is not going to take us there. Too raw; too inexperienced; too nervous; too inaccurate.

    He did not produce any offense for most of the second half, but did turn the ball over. That's just a matter of fact. 

    What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    This has been explained by others. They were playing 9 up front for most of the second half, and even their corners were constantly trying to get in between the ball and the receiver. Only on 3rd and long did they get away from the LOS a bit. The only way to beat that is over the top. In the absence of that, other teams will kill our run game the same way. 

    We need a QB that can throw 50 yard passes with accuracy, when needed. The only QB under contract with the Browns who can do that is Flacco. Plain and simple.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @korsou-dawg said:

    This has been explained by others. They were playing 9 up front for most of the second half, and even their corners were constantly trying to get in between the ball and the receiver. Only on 3rd and long did they get away from the LOS a bit. The only way to beat that is over the top. In the absence of that, other teams will kill our run game the same way. 

    We need a QB that can throw 50 yard passes with accuracy, when needed. The only QB under contract with the Browns who can do that is Flacco. Plain and simple.

    And we can count on Denver to do exactly what Pitt did, dare them to throw by stacking the box and max pressuring the rookie QB. Flacco better be well prepared by coaching staff to take over on short notice.

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    This has been explained by others. They were playing 9 up front for most of the second half, and even their corners were constantly trying to get in between the ball and the receiver. Only on 3rd and long did they get away from the LOS a bit. The only way to beat that is over the top. In the absence of that, other teams will kill our run game the same way. 

    We need a QB that can throw 50 yard passes with accuracy, when needed. The only QB under contract with the Browns who can do that is Flacco. Plain and simple.

    And we can count on Denver to do exactly what Pitt did, dare them to throw by stacking the box and max pressuring the rookie QB. Flacco better be well prepared by coaching staff to take over on short notice.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @texasag1969 said:

    And we can count on Denver to do exactly what Pitt did, dare them to throw by stacking the box and max pressuring the rookie QB. Flacco better be well prepared by coaching staff to take over on short notice.

    The rumor is the browns were extremely impressed with Flacco’s workout. My guess is the rookie will be on an extremely short leash, throwing it 30 times behind the line of scrimmage ain’t gonna cut it going forward. Gonna have to see him test the broncos second level 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And we can count on Denver to do exactly what Pitt did, dare them to throw by stacking the box and max pressuring the rookie QB. Flacco better be well prepared by coaching staff to take over on short notice.

    The rumor is the browns were extremely impressed with Flacco’s workout. My guess is the rookie will be on an extremely short leash, throwing it 30 times behind the line of scrimmage ain’t gonna cut it going forward. Gonna have to see him test the broncos second level 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @bbedward said:

    The rumor is the browns were extremely impressed with Flacco’s workout. My guess is the rookie will be on an extremely short leash, throwing it 30 times behind the line of scrimmage ain’t gonna cut it going forward. Gonna have to see him test the broncos second level 

    Don't you know Flacco is just drooling to get in there with a defense like this backing him up.

  • @jax said:

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve.

    Didn't suggest to cut him, did I? I hope he learns and improves, over the years. 

    Just making a point from the perspective of a team that is on the verge of making the play-offs, which is something not all that common for the Browns. DTR showed Sunday that he is not going to take us there. Too raw; too inexperienced; too nervous; too inaccurate.

    He did not produce any offense for most of the second half, but did turn the ball over. That's just a matter of fact. 

    What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    This has been explained by others. They were playing 9 up front for most of the second half, and even their corners were constantly trying to get in between the ball and the receiver. Only on 3rd and long did they get away from the LOS a bit. The only way to beat that is over the top. In the absence of that, other teams will kill our run game the same way. 

    We need a QB that can throw 50 yard passes with accuracy, when needed. The only QB under contract with the Browns who can do that is Flacco. Plain and simple.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @korsou-dawg said:

    What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    This has been explained by others. They were playing 9 up front for most of the second half, and even their corners were constantly trying to get in between the ball and the receiver. Only on 3rd and long did they get away from the LOS a bit. The only way to beat that is over the top. In the absence of that, other teams will kill our run game the same way. 

    Actually it was explained on the days leading up to the game.  Tomlin was going to try and take away our running game.  That's how we should be defended.  

  • JaxJ Jax

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Not taking away anything from what was a solid game-winning drive, but also I remember at some point in the 4th, they showed that we had only 23 yards total offense in the 2nd half. And that came against a banged up secondary. If that doesn't demonstrate that DTR isn't ready to be starting QB, then what will? 

    It seems it is going to take a crushing defeat, or injury to get Flacco under center. I wouldn't like to see either. 

    DTR is without a doubt not ready as they prepared the other QBs not him, but they also had him under a tight leash so it's not accurate stating what he didn't do down field against a banged up secondary. Steelers D is always tough regardless, and if you want to take Watt out of the game(which we had to as he owns us), you have to get rid of the ball quicker. Plus they had Heywood back that was missing from our first meeting.

    I don't know about anyone else, but going into this game I was thinking we just have to contain the turnovers and allow our defense to dictate the game. I think there were a couple throws that looked like pick 6s and we got lucky. This is why I don't fault Stef for appearing not to take chances and in the end we got the W. However, 1 mistake and we could easily lose, luckily we recovered from the one interception.

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve. What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    I hate the Ravens, especially now that they are ahead of us in our division. I really hate bringing the ex Raven in here at QB position, but at the same time I like the move.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @jax said:

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve. What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    I hate the Ravens, especially now that they are ahead of us in our division. I really hate bringing the ex Raven in here at QB position, but at the same time I like the move.

    To beat a dead horse, or Bronco many have pointed out the Steelers were stacking the box with 9 men all day...  and they continued to do it all game. You beat that throwing over the top. As was pointed out Kev didn't let DTR throw a pass more than 15 yards all game.  ? I 1\2 buy the excuse that Stef was petrified Watt or Highsmith were going to cause a game changing strip sack.  

    @texasag1969 said:

    And we can count on Denver to do exactly what Pitt did, dare them to throw by stacking the box and max pressuring the rookie QB. Flacco better be well prepared by coaching staff to take over on short notice.

    Of course Denver will try to copy the Steelers game plan.  The huge difference there Tex is the Broncos defense is DEAD LAST in the NFL in yards allowed, and 5.5 yards per carry.  Stay tuned to see if that trend continues Sunday.  🙂 

    & PS I'm of the opinion that DTR's leash is a lot longer than some others here are giving him. The way this crazy season is playing out, there's no gimme games anymore, but as I've said elsewhere- 3-4 the rest of the way out should punch the Browns ticket to the playoffs.  

  • @jax said:

    After this, hopefully DTR can look at film, learn and improve. What concerns me is our run game, we seemed to be shut down and I don't really remember too many games all season where we couldn't be a threat running.

    I hate the Ravens, especially now that they are ahead of us in our division. I really hate bringing the ex Raven in here at QB position, but at the same time I like the move.

    To beat a dead horse, or Bronco many have pointed out the Steelers were stacking the box with 9 men all day...  and they continued to do it all game. You beat that throwing over the top. As was pointed out Kev didn't let DTR throw a pass more than 15 yards all game.  ? I 1\2 buy the excuse that Stef was petrified Watt or Highsmith were going to cause a game changing strip sack.  

    @texasag1969 said:

    And we can count on Denver to do exactly what Pitt did, dare them to throw by stacking the box and max pressuring the rookie QB. Flacco better be well prepared by coaching staff to take over on short notice.

    Of course Denver will try to copy the Steelers game plan.  The huge difference there Tex is the Broncos defense is DEAD LAST in the NFL in yards allowed, and 5.5 yards per carry.  Stay tuned to see if that trend continues Sunday.  🙂 

    & PS I'm of the opinion that DTR's leash is a lot longer than some others here are giving him. The way this crazy season is playing out, there's no gimme games anymore, but as I've said elsewhere- 3-4 the rest of the way out should punch the Browns ticket to the playoffs.  

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @hoorta said:

    To beat a dead horse, or Bronco many have pointed out the Steelers were stacking the box with 9 men all day...  and they continued to do it all game. You beat that throwing over the top. As was pointed out Kev didn't let DTR throw a pass more than 15 yards all game.  ? I 1\2 buy the excuse that Stef was petrified Watt or Highsmith were going to cause a game changing strip sack.  

    Of course Denver will try to copy the Steelers game plan.  The huge difference there Tex is the Broncos defense is DEAD LAST in the NFL in yards allowed, and 5.5 yards per carry.  Stay tuned to see if that trend continues Sunday.  🙂 

    & PS I'm of the opinion that DTR's leash is a lot longer than some others here are giving him. The way this crazy season is playing out, there's no gimme games anymore, but as I've said elsewhere- 3-4 the rest of the way out should punch the Browns ticket to the playoffs.  

    To be fair, if you take away the Miami game the Denver numbers are much better. That one was such a giant anomaly that it ruined their stats for the season.

  • @hoorta said:

    To beat a dead horse, or Bronco many have pointed out the Steelers were stacking the box with 9 men all day...  and they continued to do it all game. You beat that throwing over the top. As was pointed out Kev didn't let DTR throw a pass more than 15 yards all game.  ? I 1\2 buy the excuse that Stef was petrified Watt or Highsmith were going to cause a game changing strip sack.  

    Of course Denver will try to copy the Steelers game plan.  The huge difference there Tex is the Broncos defense is DEAD LAST in the NFL in yards allowed, and 5.5 yards per carry.  Stay tuned to see if that trend continues Sunday.  🙂 

    & PS I'm of the opinion that DTR's leash is a lot longer than some others here are giving him. The way this crazy season is playing out, there's no gimme games anymore, but as I've said elsewhere- 3-4 the rest of the way out should punch the Browns ticket to the playoffs.  

    To be fair, if you take away the Miami game the Denver numbers are much better. That one was such a giant anomaly that it ruined their stats for the season.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @bbedward said:

    To be fair, if you take away the Miami game the Denver numbers are much better. That one was such a giant anomaly that it ruined their stats for the season.

    More importantly if you just look at their last 4 games, they are playing far differently than the 1st 6. The coaching change is paying off.

  • @hoorta said:

    To beat a dead horse, or Bronco many have pointed out the Steelers were stacking the box with 9 men all day...  and they continued to do it all game. You beat that throwing over the top. As was pointed out Kev didn't let DTR throw a pass more than 15 yards all game.  ? I 1\2 buy the excuse that Stef was petrified Watt or Highsmith were going to cause a game changing strip sack.  

    Of course Denver will try to copy the Steelers game plan.  The huge difference there Tex is the Broncos defense is DEAD LAST in the NFL in yards allowed, and 5.5 yards per carry.  Stay tuned to see if that trend continues Sunday.  🙂 

    & PS I'm of the opinion that DTR's leash is a lot longer than some others here are giving him. The way this crazy season is playing out, there's no gimme games anymore, but as I've said elsewhere- 3-4 the rest of the way out should punch the Browns ticket to the playoffs.  

    To be fair, if you take away the Miami game the Denver numbers are much better. That one was such a giant anomaly that it ruined their stats for the season.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @bbedward said:

    To be fair, if you take away the Miami game the Denver numbers are much better. That one was such a giant anomaly that it ruined their stats for the season.

    Yes, true.... See below...  

    @texasag1969 said:

    More importantly if you just look at their last 4 games, they are playing far differently than the 1st 6. The coaching change is paying off.

    Can't forget that they beat the Chiefs in that stretch either...  But for the sake of argument you're both right. Tossing out the anomaly where they got boat raced by the Dolphins to the tune of 350 rushing yards, they're averaging a much more respectable 138 ypg rushing.  It's what you can on do on a rainy day when you're retired with nothing much going on.  ?