▪︎ ? The hardest / easiest schedules from WEEK 12 on out this 2023 season.
-
Remember his stint in Tenn last season? It was dismal, that's why he was set free again
Absolutely. Like we always say, there's generally a reason someone is a backup. I truly believe we'll know more about DTR this week, mainly because our running game should be MUCH better. I mean, think about it...we literally couldn't run against Steelers at ALL. That's a very difficult road for a rookie QB! I don't expect to be world beaters on the ground, but it HAS to be better.
If we can get a little running game cooking, it'll allow us chances for play-action and some deeper drops needed to take a couple shots. We were so scared of Pittsburgh, rightfully so, that we didn't even try to get deep. I don't expect DTR to throw it around the yard or anything, but I do expect a much different offense.
Where it gets interesting is with Joe Flacco. Joe still has a plus arm, make no mistake, but he's a literal statue. Any rush or pressure and the play is toast. But there's seems to be the feeling across the various pods I listen to that it's not if but WHEN Flacco starts. I'm not sure I believe it, and I truly believe our best course of action is for DTR to steadily improve, even if incrementally, but if he can't...Flacco will play.
Also, Ward seems to be out for at least a week maybe more. Our injuries are mounting and it's unfortunate. We'll need points to win Sunday.
Absolutely. Like we always say, there's generally a reason someone is a backup. I truly believe we'll know more about DTR this week, mainly because our running game should be MUCH better. I mean, think about it...we literally couldn't run against Steelers at ALL. That's a very difficult road for a rookie QB! I don't expect to be world beaters on the ground, but it HAS to be better.
If we can get a little running game cooking, it'll allow us chances for play-action and some deeper drops needed to take a couple shots. We were so scared of Pittsburgh, rightfully so, that we didn't even try to get deep. I don't expect DTR to throw it around the yard or anything, but I do expect a much different offense.
Where it gets interesting is with Joe Flacco. Joe still has a plus arm, make no mistake, but he's a literal statue. Any rush or pressure and the play is toast. But there's seems to be the feeling across the various pods I listen to that it's not if but WHEN Flacco starts. I'm not sure I believe it, and I truly believe our best course of action is for DTR to steadily improve, even if incrementally, but if he can't...Flacco will play.
Also, Ward seems to be out for at least a week maybe more. Our injuries are mounting and it's unfortunate. We'll need points to win Sunday.
While I get the excitement for DTR... I'd rather roll with Joe.. I'd rather roll with experience.. There's really no substitute for experience unless DTR wakes up one day and suddenly becomes Patrick Mahomes or Brady. We all know that is not happening... I agree with the running game becoming a bigger role.. I still want to see less Ford... More Hunt... I want to see more screen passes and wheel routes set up for Hunt to take advantage of whatever speed he has left... It's not rocket science Kevvy!
-
Absolutely. Like we always say, there's generally a reason someone is a backup. I truly believe we'll know more about DTR this week, mainly because our running game should be MUCH better. I mean, think about it...we literally couldn't run against Steelers at ALL. That's a very difficult road for a rookie QB! I don't expect to be world beaters on the ground, but it HAS to be better.
If we can get a little running game cooking, it'll allow us chances for play-action and some deeper drops needed to take a couple shots. We were so scared of Pittsburgh, rightfully so, that we didn't even try to get deep. I don't expect DTR to throw it around the yard or anything, but I do expect a much different offense.
Where it gets interesting is with Joe Flacco. Joe still has a plus arm, make no mistake, but he's a literal statue. Any rush or pressure and the play is toast. But there's seems to be the feeling across the various pods I listen to that it's not if but WHEN Flacco starts. I'm not sure I believe it, and I truly believe our best course of action is for DTR to steadily improve, even if incrementally, but if he can't...Flacco will play.
Also, Ward seems to be out for at least a week maybe more. Our injuries are mounting and it's unfortunate. We'll need points to win Sunday.
While I get the excitement for DTR... I'd rather roll with Joe.. I'd rather roll with experience.. There's really no substitute for experience unless DTR wakes up one day and suddenly becomes Patrick Mahomes or Brady. We all know that is not happening... I agree with the running game becoming a bigger role.. I still want to see less Ford... More Hunt... I want to see more screen passes and wheel routes set up for Hunt to take advantage of whatever speed he has left... It's not rocket science Kevvy!
While I get the excitement for DTR... I'd rather roll with Joe.. I'd rather roll with experience.. There's really no substitute for experience unless DTR wakes up one day and suddenly becomes Patrick Mahomes or Brady. We all know that is not happening... I agree with the running game becoming a bigger role.. I still want to see less Ford... More Hunt... I want to see more screen passes and wheel routes set up for Hunt to take advantage of whatever speed he has left... It's not rocket science Kevvy!
There's a good chance you're right. No disrespect to DTR, but rookie 1st rounders mostly struggle, let alone a fifth. It's uphill to be sure, and I anticipate another ugly game, but can he do enough?
As far as Flacco goes, it would not surprise me if he starts after our west coast trip. I hate that he can't move, but do you really want the season in the hands of a rookie? We'll see! Should be a fun season no matter what and I'm here for it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login