Moving,,,, SUCKS!!
-
We're in the process of moving for the first time in 30 yrs ?
Our pristine neighborhood was shattered by our county commissioners approving a 3 story 94 unit low income housing project on the clear 5 acres right effin next door to our multi generational home. The wife's grandfather built the original small home in 48 and I built an addition larger than the original house in 97.. It's nice. We get compliments all the time on our exterior/curb appeal... We had no intention of moving until,, this..
So here we are. We bought a nice place in a gated community 4+ months ago but we had to do what ya do to make it your own. I laid 500+ sq ft of wood flooring before having my hip rebuilt.... Yeah, serious wrench in the plans but ya do what you have to do.. Hoping to ditch the cane soon..
So how do you move from a place you've occupied for 30+ yrs?
Some of you know I pretend to be a guitarist and musician, each depending of course upon who you ask.
So I'll concentrate on the studio. Why concentrate on the studio you might ask?
Well, because it's the only room in the fucking house that I control
Moving sucks ! ?
Here's a couple pics of the new digs in process.. Sooo so much left to do.. Moving sucks!!
8ft corner shelf unit I built
Small monitor just for testing
Th desk I built while doing the floors
Pre hip rebuild
Chipping away
Just wiring up this monstrosity is a continuing ordeal.. But I did a quick test and,,,,, some of it works ?
-
It does. I moved so many fucking times in the military.
-
that seems to be a very serious music setup. I strum my guitar once in a while, and play my harmonica every so often, I don't know diddley about it all.
Moving is tough. Leaving your long term home is so tough - times change. We built our home 31 years ago, and about ten years ago, the farmland was divided up into 5+ acre lots, after our township council voted against the giant development company from chicago. Had they not, we could have had hundreds of houses, and apartments around us.
But they saved our whole area, Thank GOD. We ended up buying over 20 acres adjacent to us - the whole area is saved.
It's amazing how much stuff you accrue over the years, and if you need to move, it's tougher.
We could have lived in a gated community, but the several pages of restrictions, requirements, housing association costs.... we told them to shove it.
I'm glad we have never owned a piano...
-
I have a nice ranging harmonica and haven't a clue on how to play it, but I have a granddaughter convinced I am a musical genius with it because I can ad lib anything I want through it and make it sound real good. But if I were asked to repeat what I just played, I'd be outa my league. It's just fun making a lot of sounds with it and stringing them together for laughs (and applause). LOL!?
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login