Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Rams

The Browns Board
58 15 2.1k 1
  • Once Flacco was signed, I wanted him up to speed and starting asap.  (not certain how long it takes to get up to speed...but asap).  I would much rather have an older guy that's seen it all than a 5th round rookie being thrust into the starting role and seeing the NFL speed and talent for the first time.  I mean, that'd be fine if we were back in our doormat team stage...but we're not anymore.  We're a real contender...without our starting franchise QB.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #20

    @orion said:

    Once Flacco was signed, I wanted him up to speed and starting asap.  (not certain how long it takes to get up to speed...but asap).  I would much rather have an older guy that's seen it all than a 5th round rookie being thrust into the starting role and seeing the NFL speed and talent for the first time.  I mean, that'd be fine if we were back in our doormat team stage...but we're not anymore.  We're a real contender...without our starting franchise QB.

    He's probably just learning playbook and mostly terminology differences like "UH-OH!"  "Ooooops"   "HELP"  "FOUR" etc.

    Looking at the article KD shared - looks like he has it all down...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

  • Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tiamat63 said:

    Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

    ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!    Do I dare ask what's the prognosis with Denzel Ward's shoulder?    If it wasn't for bad news lately - we wouldn't have any news...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

    ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!    Do I dare ask what's the prognosis with Denzel Ward's shoulder?    If it wasn't for bad news lately - we wouldn't have any news...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @flugel said:

    ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!    Do I dare ask what's the prognosis with Denzel Ward's shoulder?    If it wasn't for bad news lately - we wouldn't have any news...

    Not sure buddy.  But if I had to take a guess, given how this season has unfolded - I'd say the prognosis is likely shitty.    

  • Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tiamat63 said:

    Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

    Why is she saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #25

    No news, but speculation MKC knows more than she is letting on:

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2023/11/29/23981229/myles-garrett-injury-browns-kevin-stefanski

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @korsou-dawg said:

    No news, but speculation MKC knows more than she is letting on:

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2023/11/29/23981229/myles-garrett-injury-browns-kevin-stefanski

    Thanks for sharing the link KD!  Let's hope she doesn't know....

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by Korsou Dawg
    #27

    Off topic:

    Am I the only one who has Spaceballs flashbacks when seeing those practice helmets? 

    intro-1664377229.webp

  • @orion said:

    Once Flacco was signed, I wanted him up to speed and starting asap.  (not certain how long it takes to get up to speed...but asap).  I would much rather have an older guy that's seen it all than a 5th round rookie being thrust into the starting role and seeing the NFL speed and talent for the first time.  I mean, that'd be fine if we were back in our doormat team stage...but we're not anymore.  We're a real contender...without our starting franchise QB.

    He's probably just learning playbook and mostly terminology differences like "UH-OH!"  "Ooooops"   "HELP"  "FOUR" etc.

    Looking at the article KD shared - looks like he has it all down...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @flugel said:

    like "UH-OH!"  "Ooooops"   "HELP"  "FOUR" etc.

    You mean FORE !   🙂 

  • @flugel said:

    like "UH-OH!"  "Ooooops"   "HELP"  "FOUR" etc.

    You mean FORE !   🙂 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @orion said:

    You mean FORE !   🙂 

    ? I didn't but I do now.  Thanks to you that finally makes sense to me. 

  • @orion said:

    You mean FORE !   🙂 

    ? I didn't but I do now.  Thanks to you that finally makes sense to me. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @flugel said:

    ? I didn't but I do now.  Thanks to you that finally makes sense to me. 

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

  • @flugel said:

    ? I didn't but I do now.  Thanks to you that finally makes sense to me. 

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @orion said:

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @syd said:

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    OMG, I could almost see your sparring partner Nickers asking the wrong girl "Do you mind if I push your stool in?"

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

    Why is she saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #33

    @texasag1969 said:

    Why is she Mary Kay saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

    A little bit of a drama queen.  

    You can catch their daily report... though Myles didn't practice he was working out on the sidelines, and says he's going to play. Pop? A dislocation that spontaneously went back into place? 

    More takes- DTR didn't practice. Looking more & more like we're going to see Joe Sunday. Unfortunately Aaron Donald is healthy.  Amari Cooper said he's playing. More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @syd said:

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    Dayton still has the Duck Inn.  ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Why is she Mary Kay saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

    A little bit of a drama queen.  

    You can catch their daily report... though Myles didn't practice he was working out on the sidelines, and says he's going to play. Pop? A dislocation that spontaneously went back into place? 

    More takes- DTR didn't practice. Looking more & more like we're going to see Joe Sunday. Unfortunately Aaron Donald is healthy.  Amari Cooper said he's playing. More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #35

    @hoorta said:

    More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

    And I am playing Kupp on my FFL team this week for that very reason. I will play Hunt as well if healthy because he would be the most reliable safety valve for Joe who will know exactly where he's located. EDIT: I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @syd said:

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    Liquor in the front, poker in the rear lol

  • @hoorta said:

    More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

    And I am playing Kupp on my FFL team this week for that very reason. I will play Hunt as well if healthy because he would be the most reliable safety valve for Joe who will know exactly where he's located. EDIT: I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @texasag1969 said:

     I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

    Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

  • @texasag1969 said:

     I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

    Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @bob806 said:

    Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

    Speaking of bad days............................our dear Huey has been fired from his job of HC at Grambling after two season. Say it ain't so.

  • @bob806 said:

    Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

    Speaking of bad days............................our dear Huey has been fired from his job of HC at Grambling after two season. Say it ain't so.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @texasag1969 said:

    Speaking of bad days............................our dear Huey has been fired from his job of HC at Grambling after two season. Say it ain't so.

    Should we shed a tear for Huey? Probably not, and he's got his million$$.  Um, "that dog won't hunt", or "that man can't coach"?