Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Rams

The Browns Board
58 15 2.1k 1
  • @flugel said:

    ? I didn't but I do now.  Thanks to you that finally makes sense to me. 

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @orion said:

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @syd said:

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    OMG, I could almost see your sparring partner Nickers asking the wrong girl "Do you mind if I push your stool in?"

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

    Why is she saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #33

    @texasag1969 said:

    Why is she Mary Kay saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

    A little bit of a drama queen.  

    You can catch their daily report... though Myles didn't practice he was working out on the sidelines, and says he's going to play. Pop? A dislocation that spontaneously went back into place? 

    More takes- DTR didn't practice. Looking more & more like we're going to see Joe Sunday. Unfortunately Aaron Donald is healthy.  Amari Cooper said he's playing. More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @syd said:

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    Dayton still has the Duck Inn.  ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Why is she Mary Kay saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

    A little bit of a drama queen.  

    You can catch their daily report... though Myles didn't practice he was working out on the sidelines, and says he's going to play. Pop? A dislocation that spontaneously went back into place? 

    More takes- DTR didn't practice. Looking more & more like we're going to see Joe Sunday. Unfortunately Aaron Donald is healthy.  Amari Cooper said he's playing. More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #35

    @hoorta said:

    More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

    And I am playing Kupp on my FFL team this week for that very reason. I will play Hunt as well if healthy because he would be the most reliable safety valve for Joe who will know exactly where he's located. EDIT: I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    See...I come in handy sometimes.  🙂   

    There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  🙂  

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @syd said:

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    Liquor in the front, poker in the rear lol

  • @hoorta said:

    More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

    And I am playing Kupp on my FFL team this week for that very reason. I will play Hunt as well if healthy because he would be the most reliable safety valve for Joe who will know exactly where he's located. EDIT: I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @texasag1969 said:

     I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

    Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

  • @texasag1969 said:

     I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

    Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @bob806 said:

    Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

    Speaking of bad days............................our dear Huey has been fired from his job of HC at Grambling after two season. Say it ain't so.

  • @bob806 said:

    Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

    Speaking of bad days............................our dear Huey has been fired from his job of HC at Grambling after two season. Say it ain't so.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @texasag1969 said:

    Speaking of bad days............................our dear Huey has been fired from his job of HC at Grambling after two season. Say it ain't so.

    Should we shed a tear for Huey? Probably not, and he's got his million$$.  Um, "that dog won't hunt", or "that man can't coach"? 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Where to watch on the local tvs this weekend?

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=13 

    Looks like for the late Fox game most of the nation opted for the SF v. Philly game. I suppose you can’t blame them. San Fran has really good sourdough bread, and Philly has the cheesesteaks, so put ‘em together and you got one helluva sandwich.

    But still, most of Ohio, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert, gets the Browns, as well as a large swath in the greater LA area. Got a few households in northern KY and parts of IN, WV and PA are blessed with Brownie football too. To hell with your sandwiches!

    IMG_9649.jpeg

  • @syd said:

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    Liquor in the front, poker in the rear lol

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @bob806 said:

    Liquor in the front, poker in the rear lol

    now thats a story for a different day 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #42

    so could flacko to moore be a thing on sunday ?

  • sydS syd

    so could flacko to moore be a thing on sunday ?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @syd said:

    so could flacko to moore be a thing on sunday ?

    You never know Syd, they played together on the Jets so they have some familiarity and hopefully chemistry.

  • sydS syd

    so could flacko to moore be a thing on sunday ?

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @syd said:

    so could flacko to moore be a thing on sunday ?

    Flaco du moure means “skinny you move” in Catalan. So yes, that should be a thing. 

  • @syd said:

    so could flacko to moore be a thing on sunday ?

    Flaco du moure means “skinny you move” in Catalan. So yes, that should be a thing. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Flaco du moure means “skinny you move” in Catalan. So yes, that should be a thing. 

    Flaco in Italian, which Joe is, means "flimsy". 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Today's news
     

    Apparently "not blocking on run plays" is now a violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

  • @syd said:

    sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

    Dayton still has the Duck Inn.  ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @hoorta said:

    Dayton still has the Duck Inn.  ?

    Ok,  so wear exactly is the  Duck Inn  and what is going on there ?  And the detals there must be some good stuff to be still there in Dayton.   🙂

  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    Liquor in the front, poker in the rear lol

    now thats a story for a different day 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #48

    @syd said:

    now thats a story for a different day  Oh yeah !

    Oh yes !  Some very  intresting  stories  on many dates.  Some football, poker nights, last calls and  late nights until the sun comes up.  Late nIghts in Youngstown and Girard, OH (I had an apartment there for about there for abot 5 years) and other cities that end up in breakfasts and then crash in bed .....  and it goes on and on getting up in time for my classes at Youngstown State University   ♥︎  "YSU".    And then start over again ......

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

    UnFuckingReal.  

    ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!    Do I dare ask what's the prognosis with Denzel Ward's shoulder?    If it wasn't for bad news lately - we wouldn't have any news...

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @flugel said:

    ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!    Do I dare ask what's the prognosis with Denzel Ward's shoulder?    If it wasn't for bad news lately - we wouldn't have any news...

    Well no shit. Wards shoulder, Watson’s shoulder and now Myles’ shoulder. Who else but the Browns.

    Who do you suppose should shoulder the blame?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #50
    Browns
    Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
    Joel Bitonio G   Full Participation in Practice  
    Geron Christian T   Full Participation in Practice  
    Amari Cooper WR   Limited Participation in Practice  
    Jordan Elliott DT   Full Participation in Practice  
    Mike Ford CB   Full Participation in Practice  
    Myles Garrett DE   Full Participation in Practice  
    Marquise Goodwin WR Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Nick Harris C Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    James Hudson T Not injury related - personal matter Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
    Kareem Hunt RB   Full Participation in Practice  
    David Njoku TE   Full Participation in Practice  
    Ogbo Okoronkwo DE   Full Participation in Practice  
    Sione Takitaki LB   Full Participation in Practice  
    Wyatt Teller G   Full Participation in Practice  
    Juan Thornhill S   Limited Participation in Practice  
    Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Anthony Walker LB   Limited Participation in Practice  
    Denzel Ward CB Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Out
     
    Rams
    Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
    Brian Allen C   Did Not Participate In Practice  
    Aaron Donald DT   Did Not Participate In Practice  
    Rob Havenstein T   Full Participation in Practice  
    Michael Hoecht LB Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
    Cooper Kupp WR   Full Participation in Practice  
    Quentin Lake S Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Larrell Murchison DT   Full Participation in Practice  
    Ben Skowronek WR  

    Full Participation in Practice

    Denzell being out is bad.  We have the #1 pass defense....but a part of that is because of him.  (jersey & gloves in the HOF)  We'll have to pressure Stafford.  He cannot be given time in the pocket.  Of, course, if Myles drops out of the game at some point...well...

    Goodwin hasn't played in a month...

    If DTR is to survive as a QB he's gonna have to get the ball thrown away BEFORE the defender is smashing into him.

    Flacco has had less than two weeks with the team...and just a few days taking snaps with the starters.   Huh, boy....