▪︎ Joe Flacco signs 1-year deal with Browns, has incentives for wins. ( What an idea ? )
-
This contract is only good through the remainder of the 2023 season.
Am I correct?
I'm a little surprised/disappointed they didn't try to incorporate the 2024 season given the injury tsunami that hit this year.
This contract is only good through the remainder of the 2023 season.
Am I correct?
I'm a little surprised/disappointed they didn't try to incorporate the 2024 season given the injury tsunami that hit this year.
Yea all contracts are for a league year.
I’m assuming it’s Flacco’s choice not the browns’ choice. The money is peanuts to him since he was once the highest paid QB in the NFL. He’s said he wants to keep playing as long as he can, and keeping his options open next year is probably the best choice for him. If he does lead the team on a playoff run and doesn’t regress I’d bet he doesn’t wanna wait around for Watson to get hurt next year - he’d be a hot commodity to actually play for any team that’s in contention and loses a QB (where there’s a bunch of this year - Steelers, Cincy, vikings, colts)
The Cleveland media said something to the affect of Flacco said he doesn’t even know how much he’s been paid by the browns so far - his brokerage account probably fluctuate more in a day than the browns have paid him ?
-
This contract is only good through the remainder of the 2023 season.
Am I correct?
I'm a little surprised/disappointed they didn't try to incorporate the 2024 season given the injury tsunami that hit this year.
I'm a little surprised/disappointed they didn't try to incorporate the 2024 season given the injury tsunami that hit this year.
It's a small sample size, but I don't think there's anyway you don't bring Flacco back. He says he wants to play next year, he's obviously having fun, you can pretty much assume Watson will get SOME kind of injury, and DTR just doesn't give the same juice.
I have a feeling Flacco has a come back to earth game, probably Sunday, and a bit of Flacco Mania dies down. There's more film on what we're doing, we can't run the ball, and the Bears are unbelievably healthy. Like, it doesn't make SENSE how healthy they are, and I hardly recognize our team. I think we win if we get a defensive TD or special teams score, but I really think we're in trouble. Delpit gone is awful.
If Flacco balls out again though...you might just get that extra year on the contract. ?
-
I'm a little surprised/disappointed they didn't try to incorporate the 2024 season given the injury tsunami that hit this year.
It's a small sample size, but I don't think there's anyway you don't bring Flacco back. He says he wants to play next year, he's obviously having fun, you can pretty much assume Watson will get SOME kind of injury, and DTR just doesn't give the same juice.
I have a feeling Flacco has a come back to earth game, probably Sunday, and a bit of Flacco Mania dies down. There's more film on what we're doing, we can't run the ball, and the Bears are unbelievably healthy. Like, it doesn't make SENSE how healthy they are, and I hardly recognize our team. I think we win if we get a defensive TD or special teams score, but I really think we're in trouble. Delpit gone is awful.
If Flacco balls out again though...you might just get that extra year on the contract. ?
It's a small sample size, but I don't think there's anyway you don't bring Flacco back. He says he wants to play next year, he's obviously having fun, you can pretty much assume Watson will get SOME kind of injury, and DTR just doesn't give the same juice.
I have a feeling Flacco has a come back to earth game, probably Sunday, and a bit of Flacco Mania dies down. There's more film on what we're doing, we can't run the ball, and the Bears are unbelievably healthy. Like, it doesn't make SENSE how healthy they are, and I hardly recognize our team. I think we win if we get a defensive TD or special teams score, but I really think we're in trouble. Delpit gone is awful.
If Flacco balls out again though...you might just get that extra year on the contract. ?
They are healthier than us but they are missing their sack leader Yannick, so their pass rush is a little banged up at least.
For safety, I’m fairly optimistic in Duran Harmon giving us some decent veteran depth now that he’s elevated…he’s lost a step but he was a recent starter.
And Flacco…this game may be a good situation for him to throw over 300 again. Bears defense is much more run stifling than they are pass defending. Our receivers are healthy, at least.
edit: maybe not their sack leader, I think he’s their #2 missing
-
It's a small sample size, but I don't think there's anyway you don't bring Flacco back. He says he wants to play next year, he's obviously having fun, you can pretty much assume Watson will get SOME kind of injury, and DTR just doesn't give the same juice.
I have a feeling Flacco has a come back to earth game, probably Sunday, and a bit of Flacco Mania dies down. There's more film on what we're doing, we can't run the ball, and the Bears are unbelievably healthy. Like, it doesn't make SENSE how healthy they are, and I hardly recognize our team. I think we win if we get a defensive TD or special teams score, but I really think we're in trouble. Delpit gone is awful.
If Flacco balls out again though...you might just get that extra year on the contract. ?
They are healthier than us but they are missing their sack leader Yannick, so their pass rush is a little banged up at least.
For safety, I’m fairly optimistic in Duran Harmon giving us some decent veteran depth now that he’s elevated…he’s lost a step but he was a recent starter.
And Flacco…this game may be a good situation for him to throw over 300 again. Bears defense is much more run stifling than they are pass defending. Our receivers are healthy, at least.
edit: maybe not their sack leader, I think he’s their #2 missing
And Flacco…this game may be a good situation for him to throw over 300 again. Bears defense is much more run stifling than they are pass defending. Our receivers are healthy, at least.
Man I'd love that. Heck, even if we did lose, it's so fun to see some big plays! But man, we are tough at home. I'm gonna check weather out, perhaps we'll get lucky again with it. I also have this feeling that Goodwin is going to get deep for a TD. We know Joe wants to throw it.
-
-
And Flacco…this game may be a good situation for him to throw over 300 again. Bears defense is much more run stifling than they are pass defending. Our receivers are healthy, at least.
Man I'd love that. Heck, even if we did lose, it's so fun to see some big plays! But man, we are tough at home. I'm gonna check weather out, perhaps we'll get lucky again with it. I also have this feeling that Goodwin is going to get deep for a TD. We know Joe wants to throw it.
Man I'd love that. Heck, even if we did lose, it's so fun to see some big plays! But man, we are tough at home. I'm gonna check weather out, perhaps we'll get lucky again with it. I also have this feeling that Goodwin is going to get deep for a TD. We know Joe wants to throw it.
I'm not sure what the weather on the lakefront is supposed to be, but 50 miles south where I am its supposed to be in the mid 40s with an 80% chance of rain.
-
-
Man I'd love that. Heck, even if we did lose, it's so fun to see some big plays! But man, we are tough at home. I'm gonna check weather out, perhaps we'll get lucky again with it. I also have this feeling that Goodwin is going to get deep for a TD. We know Joe wants to throw it.
I'm not sure what the weather on the lakefront is supposed to be, but 50 miles south where I am its supposed to be in the mid 40s with an 80% chance of rain.
I'm not sure what the weather on the lakefront is supposed to be, but 50 miles south where I am its supposed to be in the mid 40s with an 80% chance of rain.
So, the scariest environment imaginable. That's all you had to say, scariest environment imaginable.
-
I'm not sure what the weather on the lakefront is supposed to be, but 50 miles south where I am its supposed to be in the mid 40s with an 80% chance of rain.
So, the scariest environment imaginable. That's all you had to say, scariest environment imaginable.
So, the scariest environment imaginable. That's all you had to say, scariest environment imaginable.
Canal Fulton is kind of a hick town, but I wouldn't refer to it as "the scariest environment ever". ?
-
So, the scariest environment imaginable. That's all you had to say, scariest environment imaginable.
Canal Fulton is kind of a hick town, but I wouldn't refer to it as "the scariest environment ever". ?
Canal Fulton is kind of a hick town, but I wouldn't refer to it as "the scariest environment ever". ?
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! ?
-
Canal Fulton is kind of a hick town, but I wouldn't refer to it as "the scariest environment ever". ?
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! ?
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! ?
Kind of surprised there isn't three 20 year old guys with mullets walking down the street. ?
Yep, that's our downtown.
-
I know the browns can't bail on Watson after all they've invested in him but man that looks like such a bad investment.
Flacco is too old to be a long term solution but it's the first time in...decades maybe... that the browns have truly looked like a professional football team.
-
I'm not sure what the weather on the lakefront is supposed to be, but 50 miles south where I am its supposed to be in the mid 40s with an 80% chance of rain.
So, the scariest environment imaginable. That's all you had to say, scariest environment imaginable.
So, the scariest environment imaginable. That's all you had to say, scariest environment imaginable.
-
Canal Fulton is kind of a hick town, but I wouldn't refer to it as "the scariest environment ever". ?
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! ?
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! ?
Tex, Growing up in Cleveland, about 45 miles north of Canal Fulton... I always thought, "wow, that's a weird name for a town".
When I completed the Ohio to Erie Bike Trail a few years back, I found out why.... There really is a canal in Canal Fulton. it's been restored...they even offer canal boat rides in the summer. The bike path is right next to canal, After 100+ years, a lot of the canal has reverted back to it's natural state- and BTW downtown Akron sits directly on top of what used to be the canal.
When you ride the path next to it, you can't help but be amazed at the amount of manual ditch digging labor was involved to create it before the age of steam shovels and bulldozers. A trench 20 feet wide, probably eight feet deep, and hundreds of miles long.
https://www.ohioanderiecanalway.com/plan/listings/canal-fulton-canalway-center/
-
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! ?
Tex, Growing up in Cleveland, about 45 miles north of Canal Fulton... I always thought, "wow, that's a weird name for a town".
When I completed the Ohio to Erie Bike Trail a few years back, I found out why.... There really is a canal in Canal Fulton. it's been restored...they even offer canal boat rides in the summer. The bike path is right next to canal, After 100+ years, a lot of the canal has reverted back to it's natural state- and BTW downtown Akron sits directly on top of what used to be the canal.
When you ride the path next to it, you can't help but be amazed at the amount of manual ditch digging labor was involved to create it before the age of steam shovels and bulldozers. A trench 20 feet wide, probably eight feet deep, and hundreds of miles long.
https://www.ohioanderiecanalway.com/plan/listings/canal-fulton-canalway-center/
Tex, Growing up in Cleveland, about 45 miles north of Canal Fulton... I always thought, "wow, that's a weird name for a town".
When I completed the Ohio to Erie Bike Trail a few years back, I found out why.... There really is a canal in Canal Fulton. it's been restored...they even offer canal boat rides in the summer. The bike path is right next to canal, After 100+ years, a lot of the canal has reverted back to it's natural state- and BTW downtown Akron sits directly on top of what used to be the canal.
When you ride the path next to it, you can't help but be amazed at the amount of manual ditch digging labor was involver to create it before the age of steam shovels and bulldozers. A trench 20 feet wide, probably eight feet deep, and hundreds of miles long.
https://www.ohioanderiecanalway.com/plan/listings/canal-fulton-canalway-center/
Really can't ask to live anywhere better if you are a bicycling enthusiast.
From Canal Fulton I've ridden north as far as the north end of Akron, and south down to Navarre.
Most of it on the Ohio and Erie Towpath.
-
Tex, Growing up in Cleveland, about 45 miles north of Canal Fulton... I always thought, "wow, that's a weird name for a town".
When I completed the Ohio to Erie Bike Trail a few years back, I found out why.... There really is a canal in Canal Fulton. it's been restored...they even offer canal boat rides in the summer. The bike path is right next to canal, After 100+ years, a lot of the canal has reverted back to it's natural state- and BTW downtown Akron sits directly on top of what used to be the canal.
When you ride the path next to it, you can't help but be amazed at the amount of manual ditch digging labor was involver to create it before the age of steam shovels and bulldozers. A trench 20 feet wide, probably eight feet deep, and hundreds of miles long.
https://www.ohioanderiecanalway.com/plan/listings/canal-fulton-canalway-center/
Really can't ask to live anywhere better if you are a bicycling enthusiast.
From Canal Fulton I've ridden north as far as the north end of Akron, and south down to Navarre.
Most of it on the Ohio and Erie Towpath.
Really can't ask to live anywhere better if you are a bicycling enthusiast.
From Canal Fulton I've ridden north as far as the north end of Akron, and south down to Navarre.
Most of it on the Ohio and Erie Towpath.
A few years ago, I made it a goal to complete the entire Ohio to Erie Trail. Living in Dayton the biking capital of SW Ohio... Over a period of years I had ridden it East as far as Big Darby near Columbus, as far south as Newtown near Cincinnati, and the Towpath from Harvard road to Massillon. So all that was left was about a 150 miles. The stretch west of Columbus to Massillon, and 15 mile jogs north from Harvard Road in Cleveland to the lake, and South of Newtown through Cincinnati to the Ohio River. If I had been able to ride point to point I could have done it a lot quicker- had to break it up into out and back chunks. BTW, parts of the trail signage sucked, and I wasted a lot of hours trying to figure out where the trail was, or having to double back because I missed a trail turnoff.
Finally my big victory, putting the wheel of my Waterford in Lake Erie to say I finished... I found out a real interesting fact. I use SPD-L cleats, getting wet sand in them is a BAD idea. Riding back through the Edgewater parking lot it was like having your cleats glued to the pedals with super glue. Zero mph crash- and I kid you not I had to get my feet out of the shoes and rip them off the pedals. Fortunately I had enough water to clean up the cleats.
-
Can we get a tracker on how much cash Joe is making? I think it would be great to see his cash total go up every week?
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
.gif.cf676bbd41734e34fdbb4b9731f30909.gif)


