Skip to content

Who's our kicker going to be?

The Browns Board
24 9 1.0k
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #1

    In 4 days we play the Jets with playoffs on the line.  Our punter isn't even qualified to be a backup kickoff guy?  

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #2

    Former long time kicker Mason Crosby for the Packers is on the Giants PS. I say sign him up.

  • Former long time kicker Mason Crosby for the Packers is on the Giants PS. I say sign him up.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @texasag1969 said:

    Former long time kicker Mason Crosby for the Packers is on the Giants PS. I say sign him up.

    Thanks for the idea Aggies.  I worry he lost the art somewhat though.  I'd prefer Robbie Gould if we could make it happen.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Former long time kicker Mason Crosby for the Packers is on the Giants PS. I say sign him up.

    Thanks for the idea Aggies.  I worry he lost the art somewhat though.  I'd prefer Robbie Gould if we could make it happen.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for the idea Aggies.  I worry he lost the art somewhat though.  I'd prefer Robbie Gould if we could make it happen.  

    No worries there. Since he actually started out as a star high school soccer player before switching to kicker, Pele will inspire him to his former greatness for the Browns.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #5

    There are a few interesting  F/A  kickers out there.  I'm sure the agents have the numbers handy.

    ▪︎  Hopkins is slated to undergo an MRI on his hamstring, Jake Trotter of ESPN.com reports.

    EDGE Analysis
    Hopkins was forced out of Sunday's 36-22 win over the Texans with a hamstring injury after making two extra-point tries. Given the Browns' upcoming short week, the kicker's status for Thursday's game against the Jets could be in danger.
  • There are a few interesting  F/A  kickers out there.  I'm sure the agents have the numbers handy.

    ▪︎  Hopkins is slated to undergo an MRI on his hamstring, Jake Trotter of ESPN.com reports.

    EDGE Analysis
    Hopkins was forced out of Sunday's 36-22 win over the Texans with a hamstring injury after making two extra-point tries. Given the Browns' upcoming short week, the kicker's status for Thursday's game against the Jets could be in danger.
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mjp28 said:

    There are a few interesting  F/A  kickers out there.  I'm sure the agents have the numbers handy.

    ▪︎  Hopkins is slated to undergo an MRI on his hamstring, Jake Trotter of ESPN.com reports.

    EDGE Analysis
    Hopkins was forced out of Sunday's 36-22 win over the Texans with a hamstring injury after making two extra-point tries. Given the Browns' upcoming short week, the kicker's status for Thursday's game against the Jets could be in danger.

    When you really think about it - Hopkins and Myles Garrett were Co-MVPs of this team before Flacco got here.

  • @mjp28 said:

    There are a few interesting  F/A  kickers out there.  I'm sure the agents have the numbers handy.

    ▪︎  Hopkins is slated to undergo an MRI on his hamstring, Jake Trotter of ESPN.com reports.

    EDGE Analysis
    Hopkins was forced out of Sunday's 36-22 win over the Texans with a hamstring injury after making two extra-point tries. Given the Browns' upcoming short week, the kicker's status for Thursday's game against the Jets could be in danger.

    When you really think about it - Hopkins and Myles Garrett were Co-MVPs of this team before Flacco got here.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @flugel said:

    When you really think about it - Hopkins and Myles Garrett were Co-MVPs of this team before Flacco got here.

    And Flacco understood what Cooper's capabilities were with a QB who trusted him to make the tough catches which denied interceptions.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

    He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #9
  • Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

    He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #10

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

    He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

    sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

    He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

    sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @syd said:

    sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

    Well, my dinner with the in-laws was tame in comparison ?

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

    He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

    sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @syd said:

    sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

    Sounds like a Festivus miracle 

  • Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

    He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns sign kicker Riley Patterson, who has kicked for Detroit (twice) and Jacksonville.

    He's made 88% of his field goals in his three years in the NFL, with a long of 53. 

    I can only  IMAGINE  what his agent is dealing now, lol.   "OK, my guy wants ......"

  • @syd said:

    sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

    Well, my dinner with the in-laws was tame in comparison ?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well, my dinner with the in-laws was tame in comparison ?

    @browns149 said:

    Sounds like a Festivus miracle 

    well you know how it go's A couple of drinks and i do not ever have to deal with her bullshit any longer.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL...Damn glad we signed a kicker

  • @syd said:

    sounds solid. And ho hey how did dinner go with the inlaws ?  I told the step mother to fuck off on thursday night. LOL 

    Well, my dinner with the in-laws was tame in comparison ?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well, my dinner with the in-laws was tame in comparison ?

    ?

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @browns149 said:

    Signed today Riley Patterson

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-k-riley-patterson-to-the-practice-squad

    Living the life of Riley... For those old enough to remember the sitcom.  😁  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well, my dinner with the in-laws was tame in comparison ?

    Had a wonderful get together with old friends- good food and old wines.  1989 Jaboulet Hermitage La Chapelle, and others.   

    @mjp28 said:

    I can only  IMAGINE  what his agent is dealing now, lol.   "OK, my guy wants ......"

    Well, based on Justin Tucker's current contract, he should ask "you're up shit creek without a paddle kicker situation"  About $350k per game.  ?

  • In 4 days we play the Jets with playoffs on the line.  Our punter isn't even qualified to be a backup kickoff guy?  

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @orion said:

    In 4 days we play the Jets with playoffs on the line.  Our punter isn't even qualified to be a backup kickoff guy?  

    THat's what I've been saying. This guy went through his entire football life and never kicked a ball off a tee before? Now I understand why Bill Belichick likes players that are versatile.

    8ajj36(1).gif.5755adde528d39f8884eac24f890ab80.gif

  • N Neo

    @orion said:

    In 4 days we play the Jets with playoffs on the line.  Our punter isn't even qualified to be a backup kickoff guy?  

    THat's what I've been saying. This guy went through his entire football life and never kicked a ball off a tee before? Now I understand why Bill Belichick likes players that are versatile.

    8ajj36(1).gif.5755adde528d39f8884eac24f890ab80.gif

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @neo said:

    Now I understand why Bill Belichick likes players that are versatile.

    We used to have a punter that could kick FG's.  It's a damned handy trait to have for a punter if you ask me.

  • @neo said:

    Now I understand why Bill Belichick likes players that are versatile.

    We used to have a punter that could kick FG's.  It's a damned handy trait to have for a punter if you ask me.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @orion said:

    We used to have a punter that could kick FG's.  It's a damned handy trait to have for a punter if you ask me.

    Steve Cox?

    That was a looooooooong time ago. 

  • @orion said:

    We used to have a punter that could kick FG's.  It's a damned handy trait to have for a punter if you ask me.

    Steve Cox?

    That was a looooooooong time ago. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    Steve Cox?

    That was a looooooooong time ago. 

    Him too.  The guy I'm talking about was fairly recent.  This century anyway.  🙂   But like Cox, he was thought to be used on extremely long FG attempts like at the end of a game or half...although I'm not sure we actually used his FG talent.  (or portion thereof)

    .........So, if I'm not mistaken, it was Spencer Lanning.