Skip to content

"Official" ?  ▪︎ NFL WEEK 17 ▪︎ JETS -at- BROWNS (-7½)  ? "The" J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets Thread

The Browns Board
385 33 8.6k 1
  • @alporcini said:

    Assuming the Ravens beat the Fins on Sunday, which makes the Bengals game fairly meaningless, who do we rest in the finale? 

    If the Browns clinch the 5th seed, they would play the 4th seed (which will be Jax or Indy).  That's the dream matchup for the Browns. 

    Here's the thing, Buffalo could tie us with 11 wins if we hibernate starters and forfeit the Cincy game.  That would mean Cleveland would have to play AT KC where they get EVERY call while officials conveniently miss every call against KC. I really don't want to watch another matchup with KC listening to Tony Romo fantasize about Mahomes like it's a football telecast turned Hallmark channel.  That's a very difficult place to win at regardless of how unimpressively they coasted to winning their division. Before we get too cocky, we got humbled on the road at Denver, Seattle and LA.  Let's play ball and keep the mojo.  As much as we hated playing Thursday on minimal rest - the Browns don't play their next game for another 9-10 days to restore and replenish the rest and recuperation lost. This need to win to make the playoffs has our Browns USED TO the do or die pressure some higher seeds might not be ready for IMO.

    Having said all that, if Buffalo loses this week - the guy that wrote the paragraph above was sniffing glue.  More specifically, that's when they should rest people at Cincy.

    @flugel said:

    If the Browns clinch the 5th seed, they would play the 4th seed (which will be Jax or Indy).  That's the dream matchup for the Browns. 

    Here's the thing, Buffalo could tie us with 11 wins if we hibernate starters and forfeit the Cincy game.  That would mean Cleveland would have to play AT KC where they get EVERY call while officials conveniently miss every call against KC. I really don't want to watch another matchup with KC listening to Tony Romo fantasize about Mahomes like it's a football telecast turned Hallmark channel.  That's a very difficult place to win at regardless of how unimpressively they coasted to winning their division. Before we get too cocky, we got humbled on the road at Denver, Seattle and LA.  Let's play ball and keep the mojo.  As much as we hated playing Thursday on minimal rest - the Browns don't play their next game for another 9-10 days to restore and replenish the rest and recuperation lost. This need to win to make the playoffs has our Browns USED TO the do or die pressure some higher seeds might not be ready for IMO.

    Having said all that, if Buffalo loses this week - the guy that wrote the paragraph above was sniffing glue.  More specifically, that's when they should rest people at Cincy.

    Do we lose a tiebreaker to the Bills?  Conference record decides it?  They are 5-5 and we are 8-3

  • Running on fumes and heading into work on a day I wasn't even supposed to be there.  Skipping like a school boy because the Brownies are headed to the playoffs!!

    I'm happy for all the fans, but most especially for our Englishmen, York. That dude has put down some good money for his HOU --> CLE trip and he's been rewarded with a couple great games, the last of which is a home game that sends us to the post season. 

     I hope and trust he stayed well after zeroes hit to soak it all in with the rest of the home crowd.  Great night, great win, happy for this team and for all of us. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm happy for all the fans, but most especially for our Englishmen, York. That dude has put down some good money for his HOU --> CLE trip and he's been rewarded with a couple great games, the last of which is a home game that sends us to the post season. 

     I hope and trust he stayed well after zeroes hit to soak it all in with the rest of the home crowd.  Great night, great win, happy for this team and for all of us. 

    Yorkie is like our secret good luck charm. We should totally all pitch in and buy him and me and my daughter tickets for the Bengals game next week, and maybe my girlfriend too but she’s a Bengals fan so probably not her. Waddya say fellas?

    I’ll show him around Cincy and shove Skyline chili down his face, and we’ll virtually guarantee a win in the process! It’ll be great.

  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    In that top picture can you see me waving to the camera? I clocked the helicopter and gave him a wave, I'm on the bridge with the blue hat on! Half of that lot went straight in The Ivy.

    Congrats on being in the stadium for both Texans & Jets wins .. Yorkie's had a trip to remember.. Go Browns !

    @gumby73 said:

    Congrats on being in the stadium for both Texans & Jets wins .. Yorkie's had a trip to remember.. Go Browns !

    Before this trip I'd only ever seen them get beat. By Eagles in 91 and by Chargers in 92. I've been happy to discover that I'm not the jonnah that I thought I was. And that did actually cross my mind when I was planning this trip that if both games go tits up it'll be down to me bringing them bad luck and also that I'd get chased out of town. 

  • @flugel said:

    If the Browns clinch the 5th seed, they would play the 4th seed (which will be Jax or Indy).  That's the dream matchup for the Browns. 

    Here's the thing, Buffalo could tie us with 11 wins if we hibernate starters and forfeit the Cincy game.  That would mean Cleveland would have to play AT KC where they get EVERY call while officials conveniently miss every call against KC. I really don't want to watch another matchup with KC listening to Tony Romo fantasize about Mahomes like it's a football telecast turned Hallmark channel.  That's a very difficult place to win at regardless of how unimpressively they coasted to winning their division. Before we get too cocky, we got humbled on the road at Denver, Seattle and LA.  Let's play ball and keep the mojo.  As much as we hated playing Thursday on minimal rest - the Browns don't play their next game for another 9-10 days to restore and replenish the rest and recuperation lost. This need to win to make the playoffs has our Browns USED TO the do or die pressure some higher seeds might not be ready for IMO.

    Having said all that, if Buffalo loses this week - the guy that wrote the paragraph above was sniffing glue.  More specifically, that's when they should rest people at Cincy.

    Do we lose a tiebreaker to the Bills?  Conference record decides it?  They are 5-5 and we are 8-3

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Do we lose a tiebreaker to the Bills?  Conference record decides it?  They are 5-5 and we are 8-3

    @flugel just entered scenarios in this nifty tool: https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

    Even if Buffalo wins its remaining two and we lose at Cincy, we remain the 5th seed. We play either Jags, Colts or Texans, depending on their results. 

    If we win the last game, we need the Ratbirds to lose both to become the #1 seed. Unlikely, but far from impossible, because both the Fins (seeding/ hf advantage) and Steelers (making the playoffs at all) have everything to play for. 

    Based on risk-reward however, I would be inclined to agree with the bubble wrap suggestion made earlier. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm happy for all the fans, but most especially for our Englishmen, York. That dude has put down some good money for his HOU --> CLE trip and he's been rewarded with a couple great games, the last of which is a home game that sends us to the post season. 

     I hope and trust he stayed well after zeroes hit to soak it all in with the rest of the home crowd.  Great night, great win, happy for this team and for all of us. 

    Yorkie is like our secret good luck charm. We should totally all pitch in and buy him and me and my daughter tickets for the Bengals game next week, and maybe my girlfriend too but she’s a Bengals fan so probably not her. Waddya say fellas?

    I’ll show him around Cincy and shove Skyline chili down his face, and we’ll virtually guarantee a win in the process! It’ll be great.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Yorkie is like our secret good luck charm. We should totally all pitch in and buy him and me and my daughter tickets for the Bengals game next week, and maybe my girlfriend too but she’s a Bengals fan so probably not her. Waddya say fellas?

    I’ll show him around Cincy and shove Skyline chili down his face, and we’ll virtually guarantee a win in the process! It’ll be great.

    I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Congrats on being in the stadium for both Texans & Jets wins .. Yorkie's had a trip to remember.. Go Browns !

    Before this trip I'd only ever seen them get beat. By Eagles in 91 and by Chargers in 92. I've been happy to discover that I'm not the jonnah that I thought I was. And that did actually cross my mind when I was planning this trip that if both games go tits up it'll be down to me bringing them bad luck and also that I'd get chased out of town. 

    @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    Before this trip I'd only ever seen them get beat. By Eagles in 91 and by Chargers in 92. I've been happy to discover that I'm not the jonnah that I thought I was. And that did actually cross my mind when I was planning this trip that if both games go tits up it'll be down to me bringing them bad luck and also that I'd get chased out of town. 

    Out done my Oct/Nov. of 2013 trip to the Land..

    Browns beat Natty at home on Sunday..  Browns beat Bills that same week on Thursdays Night in Cleveland

    10 years later & Santa left ya a gift you'll always remember ?  Enjoy the ride Bloody Yorkie !  don't be a stranger on TBB & welcome !

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Yorkie is like our secret good luck charm. We should totally all pitch in and buy him and me and my daughter tickets for the Bengals game next week, and maybe my girlfriend too but she’s a Bengals fan so probably not her. Waddya say fellas?

    I’ll show him around Cincy and shove Skyline chili down his face, and we’ll virtually guarantee a win in the process! It’ll be great.

    I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers. 

    @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers. 

    Skyline chili is generic Midwest spaghetti, don’t worry you’re not missing anything. You can also get it in Cleveland since they have locations there but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my list of places to visit for food in the city

  • Running on fumes and heading into work on a day I wasn't even supposed to be there.  Skipping like a school boy because the Brownies are headed to the playoffs!!

    I'm happy for all the fans, but most especially for our Englishmen, York. That dude has put down some good money for his HOU --> CLE trip and he's been rewarded with a couple great games, the last of which is a home game that sends us to the post season. 

     I hope and trust he stayed well after zeroes hit to soak it all in with the rest of the home crowd.  Great night, great win, happy for this team and for all of us. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Running on fumes

    That was  our offense the entire 2nd half.  Hats off to the Defense for allowing only 3 points the entire half!

  • @flugel said:

    If the Browns clinch the 5th seed, they would play the 4th seed (which will be Jax or Indy).  That's the dream matchup for the Browns. 

    Here's the thing, Buffalo could tie us with 11 wins if we hibernate starters and forfeit the Cincy game.  That would mean Cleveland would have to play AT KC where they get EVERY call while officials conveniently miss every call against KC. I really don't want to watch another matchup with KC listening to Tony Romo fantasize about Mahomes like it's a football telecast turned Hallmark channel.  That's a very difficult place to win at regardless of how unimpressively they coasted to winning their division. Before we get too cocky, we got humbled on the road at Denver, Seattle and LA.  Let's play ball and keep the mojo.  As much as we hated playing Thursday on minimal rest - the Browns don't play their next game for another 9-10 days to restore and replenish the rest and recuperation lost. This need to win to make the playoffs has our Browns USED TO the do or die pressure some higher seeds might not be ready for IMO.

    Having said all that, if Buffalo loses this week - the guy that wrote the paragraph above was sniffing glue.  More specifically, that's when they should rest people at Cincy.

    Do we lose a tiebreaker to the Bills?  Conference record decides it?  They are 5-5 and we are 8-3

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Do we lose a tiebreaker to the Bills?  Conference record decides it?  They are 5-5 and we are 8-3

    No.

    Browns only have two possibilities: get lucky and get the #1 seed, or remain at #5. They own all tiebreakers with AFC wildcard contenders.

  • I’m getting way ahead of things but who cares.

    As a 5 seed (we will remain there) I still think we could host the AFC Championship against the Bills.

  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers. 

    Skyline chili is generic Midwest spaghetti, don’t worry you’re not missing anything. You can also get it in Cleveland since they have locations there but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my list of places to visit for food in the city

    @bbedward said:

    Skyline chili is generic Midwest spaghetti, don’t worry you’re not missing anything. You can also get it in Cleveland since they have locations there but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my list of places to visit for food in the city

    OH Yes,  .... and there is some great food in and around the city of Cleveland, OH.  Don't worry about that at all,  and I would NOT miss out of that Skyline chili ....  not one bit.   

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Yorkie is like our secret good luck charm. We should totally all pitch in and buy him and me and my daughter tickets for the Bengals game next week, and maybe my girlfriend too but she’s a Bengals fan so probably not her. Waddya say fellas?

    I’ll show him around Cincy and shove Skyline chili down his face, and we’ll virtually guarantee a win in the process! It’ll be great.

    I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers. 

    @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers. 

    Shh, l’m trying to score tickets to the game here.

    Cincinnati style chili isn’t overly spicy, but it is amazing! Don’t let anyone here tell you differently…

  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers. 

    Shh, l’m trying to score tickets to the game here.

    Cincinnati style chili isn’t overly spicy, but it is amazing! Don’t let anyone here tell you differently…

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Shh, l’m trying to score tickets to the game here.

    Cincinnati style chili isn’t overly spicy, but it is amazing! Don’t let anyone here tell you differently…

    Seek help.  

  • Cleveland Browns wide receiver Elijah Moore has been released from the hospital after suffering a head injury in Thursday night's game against the New York Jets,

  • sydS syd

    Cleveland Browns wide receiver Elijah Moore has been released from the hospital after suffering a head injury in Thursday night's game against the New York Jets,

    @syd said:

    Cleveland Browns wide receiver Elijah Moore has been released from the hospital after suffering a head injury in Thursday night's game against the New York Jets,

    Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the  BROWNS  locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a  " head injury "  alright.   It's a good thing the entire  BROWNS team has 10 days  off until the next  "meaningless"  pro football game.     

  • @syd said:

    Cleveland Browns wide receiver Elijah Moore has been released from the hospital after suffering a head injury in Thursday night's game against the New York Jets,

    Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the  BROWNS  locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a  " head injury "  alright.   It's a good thing the entire  BROWNS team has 10 days  off until the next  "meaningless"  pro football game.     

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the  BROWNS  locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a  " head injury "  alright.   It's a good thing the entire  BROWNS team has 10 days  off until the last  "meaningless"  pro football game.     

    hey you know something. I am good either way  with a raven w or  L on sunday

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the  BROWNS  locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a  " head injury "  alright.   It's a good thing the entire  BROWNS team has 10 days  off until the last  "meaningless"  pro football game.     

    hey you know something. I am good either way  with a raven w or  L on sunday

    @syd said:

    hey you know something. I am good either way  with a raven w or  L on sunday

    Sure, they W and we can rest some guys which is good. But I’m much gooder with an L than a W, even though I don’t think they’d lose to Pittsburgh - I’d rather them not get the luxury to rest guys.

  • MEDspiration@MEDspirationNFP
    #DawgPound WR Elijah Moore went down tonight with a scary concussion that led to an immediate post traumatic seizure.

    🎥: Dr. Nav breaks down WHY this occurs & the first aid response ⛑️

    It didn't look bad until I seen the involuntary seizure, praying that Moore makes a full recovery.

  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers. 

    Skyline chili is generic Midwest spaghetti, don’t worry you’re not missing anything. You can also get it in Cleveland since they have locations there but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my list of places to visit for food in the city

    @bbedward said:

    Skyline chili is generic Midwest spaghetti, don’t worry you’re not missing anything. You can also get it in Cleveland since they have locations there but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my list of places to visit for food in the city

    I wouldn’t go out of my way for Skyline chili, it’s not even in my top 25 list of foods to try while in NEO.