"Official" ? ▪︎ NFL WEEK 17 ▪︎ JETS -at- BROWNS (-7½) ? "The" J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets Thread
-
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Elijah Moore has been released from the hospital after suffering a head injury in Thursday night's game against the New York Jets,
Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the BROWNS locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a " head injury " alright. It's a good thing the entire BROWNS team has 10 days off until the next "meaningless" pro football game.
Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the BROWNS locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a " head injury " alright. It's a good thing the entire BROWNS team has 10 days off until the last "meaningless" pro football game.
hey you know something. I am good either way with a raven w or L on sunday
-
Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the BROWNS locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a " head injury " alright. It's a good thing the entire BROWNS team has 10 days off until the last "meaningless" pro football game.
hey you know something. I am good either way with a raven w or L on sunday
-
-
-
I just pictured myself with a face Full of hot chilli, I used to watch the lads at work getting stuck into hot Indian curries faces bright red and sweat dribbling off em, looked more like an ordeal than enjoyable meal but they used to say it was lovely. Cincy is a smashing idea but I know my boss wouldn't be over keen as the work will no doubt be queing up for me when I go back in on the 4th. One to consider for the future though. Cheers.
Skyline chili is generic Midwest spaghetti, don’t worry you’re not missing anything. You can also get it in Cleveland since they have locations there but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my list of places to visit for food in the city
Skyline chili is generic Midwest spaghetti, don’t worry you’re not missing anything. You can also get it in Cleveland since they have locations there but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my list of places to visit for food in the city
I wouldn’t go out of my way for Skyline chili, it’s not even in my top 25 list of foods to try while in NEO.
-
-
-
I approve of the game thread turning into a bash skyline chili thread
It’s the worst regional food in the USA and I’m ashamed it’s associated with Ohio instead of Kentucky.
If Joe Flacco eats that shit he’s going to tank the first round and never come back to Ohio again.
-
-
The more difficult question is: what if the Ratbirds loose to the Fins? Do you risk it and play your starters, with the potential reward of the opening round bye? For that reward, Rats needs to loose both.
Suppose part of the answer lies in the result Pit-Sea game. If Stoolers have something to play for in their last game, it could be worth the risk.
Good points KD! There's another important scenario to consider: Would you rather play AT KC in the 3rd seed or at the AFC South Winner in the 4th seed in round 1? If the Browns lose at Cincy and Buffalo wins out - the Browns could play AT KC instead of Jax or Indy. As good as we look at home - they got beat at Denver, LA and Seattle where the officials were more than happy to flag the Browns. KC has a post season home field advantage that has put them in 3 Super Bowls. Not only that, the last time we made the playoffs - KC ended us. You can't afford to start drives 1st and 15 there from the crowd noise induced false starts. As you can tell by the tantrum Mahomes threw when his WR lined up offsides by a couple feet - they're not used to getting flagged for the things the rest of the league does. That KC stuff is a package deal where you play against the team + the crowd noise + the officials consistently rewarding the home team with the benefit of every doubt unfolding. Remember the head to head collision where Hollywood Higgins fumble the ball into the end zone from 1 inch shy of the goal line? No penalty awarded and KC got the ball with the touchback. Browns lost a close game and that was point swing necessary to kick us out of the playoffs.
Of course, because I'm reminding you of all that - watch the winner of the AFC South finish with a better record than KC. As I said earlier in this thread, this team has a 9-10 day rest between yesterday and the game at Cincy. I think we should get starters some action and substitute as necessary.
The other scenario is seeing the Ratbirds inexplicably lose 2 games in a row; especially if that would turn them into a wildcard team that would have to play on the road. I think we have a better chance at seeing reindeer fly this time of year than watching the Rats lose 2 in a row. When it comes to making predictions though - I'm more Nostradumbass than Nostradamus.
Good points KD! There's another important scenario to consider: Would you rather play AT KC in the 3rd seed or at the AFC South Winner in the 4th seed in round 1? If the Browns lose at Cincy and Buffalo wins out - the Browns could play AT KC instead of Jax or Indy. As good as we look at home - they got beat at Denver, LA and Seattle where the officials were more than happy to flag the Browns. KC has a post season home field advantage that has put them in 3 Super Bowls. Not only that, the last time we made the playoffs - KC ended us. You can't afford to start drives 1st and 15 there from the crowd noise induced false starts. As you can tell by the tantrum Mahomes threw when his WR lined up offsides by a couple feet - they're not used to getting flagged for the things the rest of the league does. That KC stuff is a package deal where you play against the team + the crowd noise + the officials consistently rewarding the home team with the benefit of every doubt unfolding. Remember the head to head collision where Hollywood Higgins fumble the ball into the end zone from 1 inch shy of the goal line? No penalty awarded and KC got the ball with the touchback. Browns lost a close game and that was point swing necessary to kick us out of the playoffs.
Of course, because I'm reminding you of all that - watch the winner of the AFC South finish with a better record than KC. As I said earlier in this thread, this team has a 9-10 day rest between yesterday and the game at Cincy. I think we should get starters some action and substitute as necessary.
The other scenario is seeing the Ratbirds inexplicably lose 2 games in a row; especially if that would turn them into a wildcard team that would have to play on the road. I think we have a better chance at seeing reindeer fly this time of year than watching the Rats lose 2 in a row. When it comes to making predictions though - I'm more Nostradumbass than Nostradamus.
Nope, regarding AFCS- Lawrence is out against the woeful Panthers, and they have won a couple games this season. Yeah the Chiefs are on the skids, but I don't see them losing to the Bengals Sunday... I did see that the Bengals would make the playoffs if they win out... Don't see that happening...
@flugel just entered scenarios in this nifty tool: https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Even if Buffalo wins its remaining two and we lose at Cincy, we remain the 5th seed. We play either Jags, Colts or Texans, depending on their results.
If we win the last game, we need the Ratbirds to lose both to become the #1 seed. Unlikely, but far from impossible, because both the Fins (seeding/ hf advantage) and Steelers (making the playoffs at all) have everything to play for.
Based on risk-reward however, I would be inclined to agree with the bubble wrap suggestion made earlier.
If the Browns and Bills end up with the same record, the Browns get the nod because of better Conference record.
The more confusing scenario is if Miami loses twice, and we lose to the Bengals, both teams at 11-6... Somehow Cleveland would still get the #5 seed. That could well happen.
I’m getting way ahead of things but who cares.
As a 5 seed (we will remain there) I still think we could host the AFC
Championshipagainst the Bills.I think you could get 1,000:1 odds of that in Vegas. Said it elsewhere. I'll let you play with a playoff simulator, but It would involve the Bills falling to the #7 seed and knocking off the #2 and #1 seeds. Of course the Browns would have to beat the #4, and then #3 (or #6). Not impossible that the Browns and Bills could play one another in the second round though.
OH Yes, .... and there is some great food in and around the city of Cleveland, OH. Don't worry about that at all, and I would NOT miss out of that Skyline chili .... not one bit.
I agree with BB, dumping chili on top of a pile of spaghetti may be original, but I consider the stuff garbage. It's a local thing, just like Tony Packo's hot dogs are an item in Toledo. It took me years to figure out what the draw was there...
-
Good points KD! There's another important scenario to consider: Would you rather play AT KC in the 3rd seed or at the AFC South Winner in the 4th seed in round 1? If the Browns lose at Cincy and Buffalo wins out - the Browns could play AT KC instead of Jax or Indy. As good as we look at home - they got beat at Denver, LA and Seattle where the officials were more than happy to flag the Browns. KC has a post season home field advantage that has put them in 3 Super Bowls. Not only that, the last time we made the playoffs - KC ended us. You can't afford to start drives 1st and 15 there from the crowd noise induced false starts. As you can tell by the tantrum Mahomes threw when his WR lined up offsides by a couple feet - they're not used to getting flagged for the things the rest of the league does. That KC stuff is a package deal where you play against the team + the crowd noise + the officials consistently rewarding the home team with the benefit of every doubt unfolding. Remember the head to head collision where Hollywood Higgins fumble the ball into the end zone from 1 inch shy of the goal line? No penalty awarded and KC got the ball with the touchback. Browns lost a close game and that was point swing necessary to kick us out of the playoffs.
Of course, because I'm reminding you of all that - watch the winner of the AFC South finish with a better record than KC. As I said earlier in this thread, this team has a 9-10 day rest between yesterday and the game at Cincy. I think we should get starters some action and substitute as necessary.
The other scenario is seeing the Ratbirds inexplicably lose 2 games in a row; especially if that would turn them into a wildcard team that would have to play on the road. I think we have a better chance at seeing reindeer fly this time of year than watching the Rats lose 2 in a row. When it comes to making predictions though - I'm more Nostradumbass than Nostradamus.
Nope, regarding AFCS- Lawrence is out against the woeful Panthers, and they have won a couple games this season. Yeah the Chiefs are on the skids, but I don't see them losing to the Bengals Sunday... I did see that the Bengals would make the playoffs if they win out... Don't see that happening...
@flugel just entered scenarios in this nifty tool: https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Even if Buffalo wins its remaining two and we lose at Cincy, we remain the 5th seed. We play either Jags, Colts or Texans, depending on their results.
If we win the last game, we need the Ratbirds to lose both to become the #1 seed. Unlikely, but far from impossible, because both the Fins (seeding/ hf advantage) and Steelers (making the playoffs at all) have everything to play for.
Based on risk-reward however, I would be inclined to agree with the bubble wrap suggestion made earlier.
If the Browns and Bills end up with the same record, the Browns get the nod because of better Conference record.
The more confusing scenario is if Miami loses twice, and we lose to the Bengals, both teams at 11-6... Somehow Cleveland would still get the #5 seed. That could well happen.
I’m getting way ahead of things but who cares.
As a 5 seed (we will remain there) I still think we could host the AFC
Championshipagainst the Bills.I think you could get 1,000:1 odds of that in Vegas. Said it elsewhere. I'll let you play with a playoff simulator, but It would involve the Bills falling to the #7 seed and knocking off the #2 and #1 seeds. Of course the Browns would have to beat the #4, and then #3 (or #6). Not impossible that the Browns and Bills could play one another in the second round though.
OH Yes, .... and there is some great food in and around the city of Cleveland, OH. Don't worry about that at all, and I would NOT miss out of that Skyline chili .... not one bit.
I agree with BB, dumping chili on top of a pile of spaghetti may be original, but I consider the stuff garbage. It's a local thing, just like Tony Packo's hot dogs are an item in Toledo. It took me years to figure out what the draw was there...
Nope, regarding AFCS- Lawrence is out against the woeful Panthers, and they have won a couple games this season. Yeah the Chiefs are on the skids, but I don't see them losing to the Bengals Sunday... I did see that the Bengals would make the playoffs if they win out... Don't see that happening...
If the Browns and Bills end up with the same record, the Browns get the nod because of better Conference record.
The more confusing scenario is if Miami loses twice, and we lose to the Bengals, both teams at 11-6... Somehow Cleveland would still get the #5 seed. That could well happen.
I think you could get 1,000:1 odds of that in Vegas. Said it elsewhere. I'll let you play with a playoff simulator, but It would involve the Bills falling to the #7 seed and knocking off the #2 and #1 seeds. Of course the Browns would have to beat the #4, and then #3 (or #6). Not impossible that the Browns and Bills could play one another in the second round though.
I agree with BB, dumping chili on top of a pile of spaghetti may be original, but I consider the stuff garbage. It's a local thing, just like Tony Packo's hot dogs are an item in Toledo. It took me years to figure out what the draw was there...
The draw of Tony Packo's was Jamie Farr of Mash is from Toledo and his signed picture hangs there... I've been there...
-
-
Shh, l’m trying to score tickets to the game here.
Cincinnati style chili isn’t overly spicy, but it is amazing! Don’t let anyone here tell you differently…
Seek help.
-
I approve of the game thread turning into a bash skyline chili thread
It’s the worst regional food in the USA and I’m ashamed it’s associated with Ohio instead of Kentucky.
If Joe Flacco eats that shit he’s going to tank the first round and never come back to Ohio again.
I approve of the game thread turning into a bash skyline chili thread
It’s the worst regional food in the USA and I’m ashamed it’s associated with Ohio instead of Kentucky.
If Joe Flacco eats that shit he’s going to tank the first round and never come back to Ohio again.
There is a Northern KY version of Cincy style chili, a small chain of maybe 3 restaurants called Dixie Chili. It’s quite good, sometimes l think l like it better than Skyline. You’d love it!
-
Who can forget this hero from a few years ago?
-
If the Browns clinch the 5th seed, they would play the 4th seed (which will be Jax or Indy). That's the dream matchup for the Browns.
Here's the thing, Buffalo could tie us with 11 wins if we hibernate starters and forfeit the Cincy game. That would mean Cleveland would have to play AT KC where they get EVERY call while officials conveniently miss every call against KC. I really don't want to watch another matchup with KC listening to Tony Romo fantasize about Mahomes like it's a football telecast turned Hallmark channel. That's a very difficult place to win at regardless of how unimpressively they coasted to winning their division. Before we get too cocky, we got humbled on the road at Denver, Seattle and LA. Let's play ball and keep the mojo. As much as we hated playing Thursday on minimal rest - the Browns don't play their next game for another 9-10 days to restore and replenish the rest and recuperation lost. This need to win to make the playoffs has our Browns USED TO the do or die pressure some higher seeds might not be ready for IMO.
Having said all that, if Buffalo loses this week - the guy that wrote the paragraph above was sniffing glue. More specifically, that's when they should rest people at Cincy.
Do we lose a tiebreaker to the Bills? Conference record decides it? They are 5-5 and we are 8-3
Do we lose a tiebreaker to the Bills? Conference record decides it? They are 5-5 and we are 8-3
Thanks! You are correct that the Browns have the better conference record over Buffalo. My bad - sorry @korsou-dawg and anyone else for not confirming that before discussing scenarios and the tie breaker. I woke up all excited to discuss possible matchup scenarios before work. I'm usually of the mindset "the Browns need to take care of their own business" because contenders do that while pretenders need to worry about others taking care of the business they couldn't accomplish. 1 exception to this is wishing for who we open the playoffs with in that 4th divisional winner slot while the Browns' current injury volume is still exceeding unreasonable. Each of the next 1-3 weeks the Browns should begin to get back some very key players from injury/inactive lists. Anyone see how fast the pass game dynamics flat lined when the final starting WR (Moore) when out of the line up? The Jets were able to move their best corner over to Njoku and it left Flacco looking for unavailable help much of that final quarter. I want the Browns to play the winner of the AFC South in the 1st round unless they somehow edge Baltimore out of the #1 seed.
The last time the Browns were in the playoffs, they got dumpster phucked on the no call helmet to helmet collision where Higgins fumbled the ball 1 inch shy of the goal line into the end zone and out of bounds for a KC touchback. That wouldn't have been a post possession foul either - my guess is it would have worked like roughing the QB when he threw an INT - only in this case the Browns would have been given half the distance from the collision inside the 1 yard line with 4 chances to score a TD. Worst case scenario is they false start in that sequence and settle for a FG (as opposed to the 0 points they got) in a game where the final score was KC 22 Cleveland 17. 3 different seasons Patrick Mahomes had homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, KC went to the Super Bowl. When you play there you don't just have to beat the Chiefs - you have to make sure crowd noise doesn't cause false starts while you know the officials will favor the Chiefs at every opportunity. When Mahomes had to recently throw a temper tantrum for the Chiefs getting flagged for Kadarius Toney lining up offsides by a foot or 2 - you know they're spoiled by officials not being fair to the visitors there. In their Thursday Night opener with the Lions, their RT was lining up so far back that he was already where the 1st step of pass pro takes place (never flagged it even once for an illegal formation from not having enough guys on the LOS that other teams get flagged for trying to do). Some complained about the multiple false starts KC's RT had that night as well; but I think we got away with one or 2 of those false starts the other night (so that my be a little more wide-spread if even Cleveland gets away with it). Just know if the Browns play at KC the home team will be able to hold, mug and tackle Myles and others without worry of being penalized. Usually officiating crews have the "it's only the Cleveland Browns" mentality while the league already has their pre-written apology letter ready to be dated and mailed.
-
Skyline chili is generic Midwest spaghetti, don’t worry you’re not missing anything. You can also get it in Cleveland since they have locations there but it wouldn’t be anywhere close to my list of places to visit for food in the city
I wouldn’t go out of my way for Skyline chili, it’s not even in my top 25 list of foods to try while in NEO.
I wouldn’t go out of my way for Skyline chili, it’s not even in my top 25 list of foods to try while in NEO.
Me too but there's 1 exception to this rule. Bring and consume plenty of Skyline Chili to a tailgate when your favorite team has to host way too many bandwagon Steeler fans that will probably sit somewhere in your proximity. That's also an exception to my why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it rule.
-
Nope, regarding AFCS- Lawrence is out against the woeful Panthers, and they have won a couple games this season. Yeah the Chiefs are on the skids, but I don't see them losing to the Bengals Sunday... I did see that the Bengals would make the playoffs if they win out... Don't see that happening...
If the Browns and Bills end up with the same record, the Browns get the nod because of better Conference record.
The more confusing scenario is if Miami loses twice, and we lose to the Bengals, both teams at 11-6... Somehow Cleveland would still get the #5 seed. That could well happen.
I think you could get 1,000:1 odds of that in Vegas. Said it elsewhere. I'll let you play with a playoff simulator, but It would involve the Bills falling to the #7 seed and knocking off the #2 and #1 seeds. Of course the Browns would have to beat the #4, and then #3 (or #6). Not impossible that the Browns and Bills could play one another in the second round though.
I agree with BB, dumping chili on top of a pile of spaghetti may be original, but I consider the stuff garbage. It's a local thing, just like Tony Packo's hot dogs are an item in Toledo. It took me years to figure out what the draw was there...
The draw of Tony Packo's was Jamie Farr of Mash is from Toledo and his signed picture hangs there... I've been there...
The draw of Tony Packo's was Jamie Farr of Mash is from Toledo and his signed picture hangs there... I've been there...
Me too- been there many times, as my wife is from the Toledo area (Sylvania). It's actually amusing walking around the original place on Front Street and perusing the hundreds of autographed hot dog buns on the walls.. From presidents (Obama), musicians (Ted Nugent), to movie stars (Burt Reynolds).
The hot dogs are just OK, ditto the roast beef sandwich drowned in gravy. But their chili is a damnsite better than Skyline's.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention another food place with famous autographs plastered on the walls. Arthur Bryant's ribs in Kansas City. A virtual hole in the wall joint.. The original, not the new place near Arrowhead.
-
The draw of Tony Packo's was Jamie Farr of Mash is from Toledo and his signed picture hangs there... I've been there...
Me too- been there many times, as my wife is from the Toledo area (Sylvania). It's actually amusing walking around the original place on Front Street and perusing the hundreds of autographed hot dog buns on the walls.. From presidents (Obama), musicians (Ted Nugent), to movie stars (Burt Reynolds).
The hot dogs are just OK, ditto the roast beef sandwich drowned in gravy. But their chili is a damnsite better than Skyline's.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention another food place with famous autographs plastered on the walls. Arthur Bryant's ribs in Kansas City. A virtual hole in the wall joint.. The original, not the new place near Arrowhead.
Me too- been there many times, as my wife is from the Toledo area (Sylvania). It's actually amusing walking around the original place on Front Street and perusing the hundreds of autographed hot dog buns on the walls.. From presidents (Obama), musicians (Ted Nugent), to movie stars (Burt Reynolds).
The hot dogs are just OK, ditto the roast beef sandwich drowned in gravy. But their chili is a damnsite better than Skyline's.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention another food place with famous autographs plastered on the walls. Arthur Bryant's ribs in Kansas City. A virtual hole in the wall joint.. The original, not the new place near Arrowhead.
Agreed... The food was/is underwhelming but the atmosphere is pretty cool.. I suppose if you drink enough booze the taste of the food does not matter much after a couple of pints lol.. My brother lived in Perrysburg ,Oh. for a couple of years when he was regional manager for PNC in Toledo...
-
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Elijah Moore has been released from the hospital after suffering a head injury in Thursday night's game against the New York Jets,
Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the BROWNS locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a " head injury " alright. It's a good thing the entire BROWNS team has 10 days off until the next "meaningless" pro football game.
Oh yes ..... that close up camera shot of Moore going into the BROWNS locker room showed his face ..... he most definately had a " head injury " alright. It's a good thing the entire BROWNS team has 10 days off until the next "meaningless" pro football game.
Dr. Bennet Omalu, the inspiration for the movie "Concussion," told TMZ Sports on Friday that he would tell Moore he should retire.
"He was having a seizure," he said. "A seizure is a manifestation of brain damage, brain injury. . . . That is permanent damage."
Omalu added that if Moore doesn’t retire, he would at least tell him to sit out for the rest of the season.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
