Skip to content

● The other ?  NFL - WEEK 17  - including the  ✔️ ok 506 Maps & Games !  ● <-•  Right here.

The Browns Board
57 14 1.5k 1
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #27

     Something I want a contingent of Browns fans to keep in mind, before they think that Joe Flacco is a long(er) term answer for this team and that there is a QB controversy brewing in CLE.    Because the clickbait, cookie cutter podcast,  deadline having CLE sports media WILL be on that in the off-season, if they already aren't.

     Tua is in the MVP conversation.

    Brock Purdy *was* in the MVP conversation.  Though most can agree he's a pretty damn solid signal caller and promising young player. 

     Both, including Purdy at home, got their asses absolutely handed to them by the Ravens defense with healthy teams around them.    Desean Watson, playing through a shoulder tear and a high ankle sprain, no Nick Chubb, and 40% of his starting Oline, lit up the Ravens IN THEIR HOUSE.  A win that should be looked at as the turning point for the season and the platform the Browns launched from for this post-season push.   

      We had a QB that was maligned, really starting to find his game within this offense, before injury took that away from him.

     Something, as 2023 fades out and 2024 is welcomed in, that needs to be kept in mind.  

  •  Something I want a contingent of Browns fans to keep in mind, before they think that Joe Flacco is a long(er) term answer for this team and that there is a QB controversy brewing in CLE.    Because the clickbait, cookie cutter podcast,  deadline having CLE sports media WILL be on that in the off-season, if they already aren't.

     Tua is in the MVP conversation.

    Brock Purdy *was* in the MVP conversation.  Though most can agree he's a pretty damn solid signal caller and promising young player. 

     Both, including Purdy at home, got their asses absolutely handed to them by the Ravens defense with healthy teams around them.    Desean Watson, playing through a shoulder tear and a high ankle sprain, no Nick Chubb, and 40% of his starting Oline, lit up the Ravens IN THEIR HOUSE.  A win that should be looked at as the turning point for the season and the platform the Browns launched from for this post-season push.   

      We had a QB that was maligned, really starting to find his game within this offense, before injury took that away from him.

     Something, as 2023 fades out and 2024 is welcomed in, that needs to be kept in mind.  

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tiamat63 said:

     Something I want a contingent of Browns fans to keep in mind, before they think that Joe Flacco is a long(er) term answer for this team and that there is a QB controversy brewing in CLE.    Because the clickbait, cookie cutter podcast,  deadline having CLE sports media WILL be on that in the off-season, if they already aren't.

     Tua is in the MVP conversation.

    Brock Purdy *was* in the MVP conversation.  Though most can agree he's a pretty damn solid signal caller and promising young player. 

     Both, including Purdy at home, got their asses absolutely handed to them by the Ravens defense with healthy teams around them.    Desean Watson, playing through a shoulder tear and a high ankle sprain, no Nick Chubb, and 40% of his starting Oline, lit up the Ravens IN THEIR HOUSE.  A win that should be looked at as the turning point for the season and the platform the Browns launched from for this post-season push.   

      We had a QB that was maligned, really starting to find his game within this offense, before injury took that away from him.

     Something, as 2023 fades out and 2024 is welcomed in, that needs to be kept in mind.  

    I don’t get the obsession over next years QB, just focus on the wild card game in front of us. People can argue about it after our year is done.

    If Flacco maintains the 300/3 games in the playoffs we are probably not losing many playoff games though…if we get bounced I assume it’ll be after a less than stellar performance from Flacco which would probably cool down the hype a bit going into the offseason.

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    Rats looked SAWFT

    Whose "sawft" again?... Miami is.. They're a fucking finesse team... Not physical... Rats are kickin their asses...

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @nickers said:

    Whose "sawft" again?... Miami is.. They're a fucking finesse team... Not physical... Rats are kickin their asses...

    On Miami's opening drive, the Rats did not so much as resist. Looked vulnerable to both the pass and the (outside) run. Their D is not all that, despite the sack numbers. I sang the praises of their O shortly thereafter, more than is to my own liking. 

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Congratulations to the Ravens are in order. They have done well. There's only one small matter left to address

    wRKRAWC.jpg

  • @syd said:

    All the morning game's kinda suck. Twilight Zone marathon time untill the afternoon game's come on

    I can't believe it but i slept through almost all of the 3rd quarter of the  MIA/BAL game, lol.   Too much lunch i guess ...... or boring game.

    I used to always watch the Zone marathon on the 4th of July break.   It's called  NO BROWNS ON !

    49-19 and who cares, lol.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @mjp28 said:

    I can't believe it but i slept through almost all of the 3rd quarter of the  MIA/BAL game, lol.   Too much lunch i guess ...... or boring game.

    I used to always watch the Zone marathon on the 4th of July break.   It's called  NO BROWNS ON !

    49-19 and who cares, lol.

    watching the Seattle game (what a great city it is) just took a 14-10 lead. I will get back to the twilight zone later.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #32

    Every week Jake Browning scrambles, he gets rocked hard every week. Tough SOB

    AJ McCarron is on deck

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Damn, neither the Steelers or BenGals are done yet....

    I'm not 100% sure but I think if both win out, the Bills could be knocked out with a loss @Miami.

    KC could actually lose the division to the Hideous Horses

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Browns are locked in to the #5 spot.

  • Browns are locked in to the #5 spot.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns are locked in to the #5 spot.

    So who’s resting next week?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Browns are locked in to the #5 spot.

    So who’s resting next week?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @browns149 said:

    So who’s resting next week?

    Moore is obviously out.  I wouldn’t play Cooper, Bitonio, Ward and anyone else with lingering injuries.   
     

    Offense dresses and plays a couple series and same with the defense. 
     

    Screw the Steelers keep them out. 

  • Congratulations to the Ravens are in order. They have done well. There's only one small matter left to address

    wRKRAWC.jpg

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Congratulations to the Ravens are in order. They have done well. There's only one small matter left to address

    wRKRAWC.jpg

    The nfl script writers definitely want to see Flacco play a game at M&T bank stadium.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Congratulations to the Ravens are in order. They have done well. There's only one small matter left to address

    wRKRAWC.jpg

    The nfl script writers definitely want to see Flacco play a game at M&T bank stadium.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @bbedward said:

    The nfl script writers definitely want to see Flacco play a game at M&T bank stadium.

    And win.

    A Lions Browns Super Bowl would be the ultimate underdog story.   I would assume it would be a really good close game as well

  • @bbedward said:

    The nfl script writers definitely want to see Flacco play a game at M&T bank stadium.

    And win.

    A Lions Browns Super Bowl would be the ultimate underdog story.   I would assume it would be a really good close game as well

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @sdbacker80 said:

    And win.

    A Lions Browns Super Bowl would be the ultimate underdog story.   I would assume it would be a really good close game as well

    Hell would officially freeze over.

    1957 vs 1964.

  • Browns are locked in to the #5 spot.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #40

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns are locked in to the #5 spot.

    Jaguars, Colts and Texans all won today. All three are 9-7 heading into Week 18.

    Division title still up for grabs, but Jaguars have the tiebreaker over both. So to win AFC South, Texans at Colts W18 winner would need Jags to lose to Titans. (In Tennessee)

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Bengals lost to the Chiefs, so KC wins the AFC West. 

    Cincinnati is practically eliminated, I believe. 

  • @browns149 said:

    So who’s resting next week?

    Moore is obviously out.  I wouldn’t play Cooper, Bitonio, Ward and anyone else with lingering injuries.   
     

    Offense dresses and plays a couple series and same with the defense. 
     

    Screw the Steelers keep them out. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Moore is obviously out.  I wouldn’t play Cooper, Bitonio, Ward and anyone else with lingering injuries.   

    Offense dresses and plays a couple series and same with the defense. 

    Screw the Steelers keep them out. 

    Flacco is the  NFL  story of the year right now ..... but I would give him a few snaps then give the backup QBs some live fire snaps.

    After that check out the  M*A*S*H  list and get ready for the   Playoffs,  yeah  Playoffs !      😁

  • @bbedward said:

    The nfl script writers definitely want to see Flacco play a game at M&T bank stadium.

    And win.

    A Lions Browns Super Bowl would be the ultimate underdog story.   I would assume it would be a really good close game as well

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @sdbacker80 said:

    And win.

    A Lions Browns Super Bowl would be the ultimate underdog story.   I would assume it would be a really good close game as well

    I don’t think the lions will make it, but the nfc is a toss up. I’m thinking 9ers or cowboys 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    And win.

    A Lions Browns Super Bowl would be the ultimate underdog story.   I would assume it would be a really good close game as well

    I don’t think the lions will make it, but the nfc is a toss up. I’m thinking 9ers or cowboys 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @bbedward said:

    I don’t think the lions will make it, but the nfc is a toss up. I’m thinking 9ers or cowboys 

    If i remember right on our little  Dutch's questions  this 2023 season i have our BROWNS beating the 49ers,  dream big !

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Have they announced what time the game is next week 

  • Have they announced what time the game is next week 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @browns149 said:

    Have they announced what time the game is next week 

    Not yet