Skip to content

- The other ?  NFL - "WEEK 18" - with  ✔️  506 Games & MAPS ! <-- Your "other" game stuff here <--

The Browns Board
19 6 1.0k 1
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #4
     ■ The BROWNS playoff is locked in but we don't know much more yet.  

    CLEVELAND — As we say hello to 2024, the Browns' postseason journey just got a lot clearer, though only technically.

    Unfortunately, Cleveland will not be able to win its first division championship since 1989 after the Baltimore Ravens claimed the AFC North (and with it the conference's No. 1 seed) with a 56-19 dismantling of the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. This means the upstart Browns are officially locked in as the AFC's fifth seed in the NFL playoffs, and will have to play in the wild-card round on the road in two weeks. ■

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I know it’s a meaningless game but I really hope PJ Walker wins to make the bungles 0-6 in the AFCN

  • I know it’s a meaningless game but I really hope PJ Walker wins to make the bungles 0-6 in the AFCN

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #6

    @bbedward said:

    I know it’s a meaningless game but I really hope PJ Walker wins to make the bungles 0-6 in the AFCN

    I'm really interested in the BROWNS   *quarterback  play .....  if nothing else to see how they do in managing the flow of the game.  How comfortable they look and all of that.

    Thank goodness Flacco is an. "old experienced guy"  there with that including  NOT  playing.

    .......  edit #1 -  I've been going with  NO  spell check for over 3 months now after an update knocked it out  AND  I'VE not d/l another spell check to replace it.  Probably easy to do .... but i haven't done it .... yet.   Maybe tonight ???    😆

  • I know it’s a meaningless game but I really hope PJ Walker wins to make the bungles 0-6 in the AFCN

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @bbedward said:

    I know it’s a meaningless game but I really hope PJ Walker wins to make the bungles 0-6 in the AFCN

    I would rather see Driskell.. PJ can't throw a football to save his soul... He's gawd awful as a passer... Id rather the Browns just cut him...

  • @bbedward said:

    I know it’s a meaningless game but I really hope PJ Walker wins to make the bungles 0-6 in the AFCN

    I would rather see Driskell.. PJ can't throw a football to save his soul... He's gawd awful as a passer... Id rather the Browns just cut him...

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    I would rather see Driskell.. PJ can't throw a football to save his soul... He's gawd awful as a passer... Id rather the Browns just cut him...

    Sure why not, may as well see if he is competent enough to be the playoff QB2. 

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I don't want to fan any flames, but holy crap if Tampa Bay & Baker lose to Carolina, yikes.

    Playoff scenarios are pretty crazy in both the AFC & NFC South, and somehow the Vikings are still alive at 7-9.

    Playoff scenarios

  • I don't want to fan any flames, but holy crap if Tampa Bay & Baker lose to Carolina, yikes.

    Playoff scenarios are pretty crazy in both the AFC & NFC South, and somehow the Vikings are still alive at 7-9.

    Playoff scenarios

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @bob806 said:

    I don't want to fan any flames, but holy crap if Tampa Bay & Baker lose to Carolina, yikes.

    By all means do. I do not mind in the slightest

    giphy.gif

  • @bob806 said:

    I don't want to fan any flames, but holy crap if Tampa Bay & Baker lose to Carolina, yikes.

    By all means do. I do not mind in the slightest

    giphy.gif

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @korsou-dawg said:

    By all means do. I do not mind in the slightest

    giphy.gif

    THAT  is some really scary ..... ah, what-ever-it-is ..... really it is.           😮           BOO !

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #12

    well looks like any hopes of watching A snow game today are  not gonna happen,suck it baltimore 

  • sydS syd

    well looks like any hopes of watching A snow game today are  not gonna happen,suck it baltimore 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @syd said:

    well looks like any hopes of watching A snow game today are  not gonna happen,suck it baltimore 

    maybe jets and pats game on sunday

  • sydS syd

    @syd said:

    well looks like any hopes of watching A snow game today are  not gonna happen,suck it baltimore 

    maybe jets and pats game on sunday

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @syd said:

    maybe jets and pats game on sunday

    There is not a game I’d rather watch less than that one.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #15

    ~          And from  "SI"  the WEEK 18 NFL lines of January 6  &  7.

    ★Be careful the  WEEK 18 lines and odds can be tricky,  almost like  WEEK 1 or worse.  Just look at the number of lines around  3 +/-.    About 9 games are  3  with a +/- of 1 point.         ●  And what do you think about  CLE -7 ?     🙂

    Saturday, January 6:

    Sunday, January 7:

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    ~          And also from  "SI"  this  WEEK  #1-8,  always a tricky one.        😉

    Now that you have the overall NFL playoff picture, let’s get into our favorite NFL playoff predictions. We’re actually going to start with the last game of the week - the SNF matchup between the Bills and Dolphins. It’s a winner-take-all game for the AFC East, and we’re backing QB Josh Allen and Buffalo.

    Not only are the Bills arguably the hottest team in the NFL right now, but the Dolphins couldn’t be more banged up. Each one of their primary offensive weapons is questionable: WRs Tyrek Hill and Jaylen Waddle alongside RBs Raheem Mostert and De’Von Achane. Their unavailability and overall lack of 100% usage was clearly evident in last week’s 56-19 blowout loss.

    Buffalo already smacked Miami 48-20 when those guys were healthy, so they can take care of business now that they’re as hot as ever. As for our other favorite play, we’re heading to the final NFC Wild Card spot. That’s where we’re supporting the experience of the Seattle Seahawks and head coach Pete Carroll.

    They were in this exact situation last year in Week 18 when they snatched the final playoff spot from the Green Bay Packers, which they can do once again. They’re facing a divisional opponent in the Arizona Cardinals, so not only is the familiarity there, but the Cards are just 4-12 on the year.

    ★★★  Given the friendlier point spread regarding our favorite NFL playoff predictions, we’d make the Seahawks -2.5 (-115 at Caesars Sportsbook) our best bet.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #17

    I like the Bills and Jags, so probably no playoff berth for the Steelers this year. 

    Then I like the Texans and Phins chances to pull off upsets against KC/BUF in the wildcard round.
     

    And our browns can beat anyone, but they also aren’t unbeatable (obviously). We’ll be favorites in the first round regardless of the opponent.

  • I like the Bills and Jags, so probably no playoff berth for the Steelers this year. 

    Then I like the Texans and Phins chances to pull off upsets against KC/BUF in the wildcard round.
     

    And our browns can beat anyone, but they also aren’t unbeatable (obviously). We’ll be favorites in the first round regardless of the opponent.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @bbedward said:

    I like the Bills and Jags, so probably no playoff berth for the Steelers this year. 

    Then I like the Texans and Phins chances to pull off upsets against KC/BUF in the wildcard round.
     

    A little last week / last chance upsets are always .... nice too.     🙂

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Congrats to CJ Stroud for making the play-offs as a rookie QB! Preformed well above anyone's reasonable expectation.