Skip to content

Dalvin Cook released by Jets

The Browns Board
43 17 1.9k 1
  • @hoorta said:

    See below.

    Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart...  FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555).  And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB.  Oh, you want a crazy stat?  Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that. 

    Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond. 

    I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen. 

    @bob806 said:

    Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond. 

    I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen. 

    I go way back, and the only comparison scrambling ability Lamar has is Fran Tarkenton. 

  • @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Ratbirds scooped him up

    See below.

    @bbedward said:

    Kinda expected I guess, not worried about cook on the ravens at all.

    Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart...  FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555).  And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB.  Oh, you want a crazy stat?  Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that. 

    @hoorta said:

    See below.

    Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart...  FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555).  And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB.  Oh, you want a crazy stat?  Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that. 

    I'm sure Minkah Fitzpatrick will hook him up.

  • @bob806 said:

    Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond. 

    I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen. 

    I go way back, and the only comparison scrambling ability Lamar has is Fran Tarkenton. 

    @hoorta said:

    I go way back, and the only comparison scrambling ability Lamar has is Fran Tarkenton. 

    I saw him play as well. Always rooted for the Vikings in those Super Bowls. 

    Steve Young, Vick, Randall Cunningham- those guys were great as well.