WR Production
-
Speaking of Wide Receivers...
If the Bears decide that they believe in Justin Fields as their longterm QB (I have serious questions about this, but for the sake of this post let's just go with it) they could end up with a shenanigans Draft Day the movie scenario.
With their #1 overall pick (which they got from trading down last draft with Carolina) they could trade down to #2 so a team could take USC QB Caleb Williams, and probably pick up that team's first rounder in 2025. Then, they could trade down again so a team could take North Carolina QB Drake Maye, and probably pick up that team's first rounder in 2025 too. Then with that pick and their own first rounder (which will end up being a top 10 pick if they lose to the Packers now) they could end up with 2 of the 3 best WRs in the draft.
And they'd have three first rounders in 2025.
-
Speaking of Wide Receivers...
If the Bears decide that they believe in Justin Fields as their longterm QB (I have serious questions about this, but for the sake of this post let's just go with it) they could end up with a shenanigans Draft Day the movie scenario.
With their #1 overall pick (which they got from trading down last draft with Carolina) they could trade down to #2 so a team could take USC QB Caleb Williams, and probably pick up that team's first rounder in 2025. Then, they could trade down again so a team could take North Carolina QB Drake Maye, and probably pick up that team's first rounder in 2025 too. Then with that pick and their own first rounder (which will end up being a top 10 pick if they lose to the Packers now) they could end up with 2 of the 3 best WRs in the draft.
And they'd have three first rounders in 2025.
Speaking of Wide Receivers...
If the Bears decide that they believe in Justin Fields as their longterm QB (I have serious questions about this, but for the sake of this post let's just go with it) they could end up with a shenanigans Draft Day the movie scenario.
With their #1 overall pick (which they got from trading down last draft with Carolina) they could trade down to #2 so a team could take USC QB Caleb Williams, and probably pick up that team's first rounder in 2025. Then, they could trade down again so a team could take North Carolina QB Drake Maye, and probably pick up that team's first rounder in 2025 too. Then with that pick and their own first rounder (which will end up being a top 10 pick if they lose to the Packers now) they could end up with 2 of the 3 best WRs in the draft.
And they'd have three first rounders in 2025.
Oh goody, draft talk is back in style again. Love this time of the year when it finally starts rolling around. Let's hope we gave Houston #32 overall.?
-
Speaking of Wide Receivers...
If the Bears decide that they believe in Justin Fields as their longterm QB (I have serious questions about this, but for the sake of this post let's just go with it) they could end up with a shenanigans Draft Day the movie scenario.
With their #1 overall pick (which they got from trading down last draft with Carolina) they could trade down to #2 so a team could take USC QB Caleb Williams, and probably pick up that team's first rounder in 2025. Then, they could trade down again so a team could take North Carolina QB Drake Maye, and probably pick up that team's first rounder in 2025 too. Then with that pick and their own first rounder (which will end up being a top 10 pick if they lose to the Packers now) they could end up with 2 of the 3 best WRs in the draft.
And they'd have three first rounders in 2025.
Oh goody, draft talk is back in style again. Love this time of the year when it finally starts rolling around. Let's hope we gave Houston #32 overall.?
Oh goody, draft talk is back in style again. Love this time of the year when it finally starts rolling around. Let's hope we gave Houston #32 overall.?
That would be nice!
I'm one of those weirdos who can talk about what is going on with the Browns now AND also converse about something that is happening later AT THE SAME TIME.
I have mad black magic skills. ?
-
Bell acquitted himself nicely today.
-
Bell acquitted himself nicely today.
Come on meow.
Down 31-0, Bell scored a couple garbage-time touchdowns, finally showing something in Game 34 of his NFL career.
Feel free to bring this up come next September when he's one of our top 3 WRs and contributing in games that matter. I honestly hope you can throw this post in my face, because I have some serious doubts about his future with this team.
-
Bell acquitted himself nicely today.
Come on meow.
Down 31-0, Bell scored a couple garbage-time touchdowns, finally showing something in Game 34 of his NFL career.
Feel free to bring this up come next September when he's one of our top 3 WRs and contributing in games that matter. I honestly hope you can throw this post in my face, because I have some serious doubts about his future with this team.
Come on meow.
Down 31-0, Bell scored a couple garbage-time touchdowns, finally showing something in Game 34 of his NFL career.
Feel free to bring this up come next September when he's one of our top 3 WRs and contributing in games that matter. I honestly hope you can throw this post in my face, because I have some serious doubts about his future with this team.
You're not a belligerent douchebag, I wouldn't do that sort of thing.
-
Come on meow.
Down 31-0, Bell scored a couple garbage-time touchdowns, finally showing something in Game 34 of his NFL career.
Feel free to bring this up come next September when he's one of our top 3 WRs and contributing in games that matter. I honestly hope you can throw this post in my face, because I have some serious doubts about his future with this team.
You're not a belligerent douchebag, I wouldn't do that sort of thing.
-
Bell acquitted himself nicely today.
Come on meow.
Down 31-0, Bell scored a couple garbage-time touchdowns, finally showing something in Game 34 of his NFL career.
Feel free to bring this up come next September when he's one of our top 3 WRs and contributing in games that matter. I honestly hope you can throw this post in my face, because I have some serious doubts about his future with this team.
Come on meow.
Down 31-0, Bell scored a couple garbage-time touchdowns, finally showing something in Game 34 of his NFL career.
Feel free to bring this up come next September when he's one of our top 3 WRs and contributing in games that matter. I honestly hope you can throw this post in my face, because I have some serious doubts about his future with this team.
You're not a belligerent douchebag, I wouldn't do that sort of thing.
No worries. Ainias Smith will beat him out in training camp.?
-
Come on meow.
Down 31-0, Bell scored a couple garbage-time touchdowns, finally showing something in Game 34 of his NFL career.
Feel free to bring this up come next September when he's one of our top 3 WRs and contributing in games that matter. I honestly hope you can throw this post in my face, because I have some serious doubts about his future with this team.
You're not a belligerent douchebag, I wouldn't do that sort of thing.
No worries. Ainias Smith will beat him out in training camp.?
No worries. Ainias Smith will beat him out in training camp.?
It's funny how that works, a lot of things "shake out" in and out of training camps. Also a reflection of the Draft and the UFA and FA pickups. Lets see how the FO does in 2024 this time around. (Not bad in 2023.)
-
Come on meow.
Down 31-0, Bell scored a couple garbage-time touchdowns, finally showing something in Game 34 of his NFL career.
Feel free to bring this up come next September when he's one of our top 3 WRs and contributing in games that matter. I honestly hope you can throw this post in my face, because I have some serious doubts about his future with this team.
You're not a belligerent douchebag, I wouldn't do that sort of thing.
No worries. Ainias Smith will beat him out in training camp.?
No worries. Ainias Smith will beat him out in training camp.?
Without even looking up that name I know he has to play for A&M.
-
No worries. Ainias Smith will beat him out in training camp.?
Without even looking up that name I know he has to play for A&M.
-
I'm not sure Tex has ever suggested the Browns to draft a non-Aggie in all the years he's been here ?
Wait, there are others besides A&M?! My. Gawd.
-
Bell acquitted himself nicely today.
Did he? Because he fielded a punt (pass) in the end zone? He was double covered both times. Pretty much had to wait for each pass. And none of those defenders got even near the ball. The Bengals DB coach must have been rolling his eyes. But...yes, he caught a couple of passes that wound up being TD's.
-
No worries. Ainias Smith will beat him out in training camp.?
Without even looking up that name I know he has to play for A&M.
Without even looking up that name I know he has to play for A&M.
Best offensive weapon in multiple roles for A&M. He would fit right in for the Browns to return punts, ko, and be in the mode of the many fleas used for years by NE who is a terror in space with the hands to make it happen. Plus I think he will be right there in round 3. Maybe round 4 if we get lucky.
I'm not sure Tex has ever suggested the Browns to draft a non-Aggie in all the years he's been here ?
Au contraire. Does the name Derrick Henry ring a bell? We took the forgettable Ogbah and the disappeared Coleman instead of being smart when we needed a good RB. I also begged the Browns to take Nick Chubb when he was there for the taking. They didn't make that mistake again thank goodness.
-
Drafttek says he is 2nd best slot (#108noverall) in the draft and Walter says:
12.
Ainias Smith*, WR, Texas A&M
Height: 5-10. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2024): 2-3.12/30/23: Smith is a dangerous playmaker with the ball in his hands. He is a quick, shifty route-runner who is consistent about separating from coverage. In 2023, Smith totaled 53 catches for 795 yards and two touchdowns. He played well in 2021 (47-509-6) and 2020 (43-564-6). In the NFL, Smith could be a dangerous slot receiver.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login