Skip to content

Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings

College Football Forum
455 17 13.2k 1
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    I watched the game, and I saw the DB do this and I’m surprised nobody on the broadcast team mentioned it.

    IMG_0300.jpeg

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    Refreshing News is Ohio State facing an undefeated Indiana Team at home gives them no reason to be looking ahead to the Pinky Tuscadaro's residing in Annie's Arbor...

  • Refreshing News is Ohio State facing an undefeated Indiana Team at home gives them no reason to be looking ahead to the Pinky Tuscadaro's residing in Annie's Arbor...

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Refreshing News is Ohio State facing an undefeated Indiana Team at home gives them no reason to be looking ahead to the Pinky Tuscadaro's residing in Annie's Arbor...

    After waxing Indiana’s ass today, I can’t wait to see Meatchicken on the field next week.

    I certainly hope Day runs up the score, and doesn’t pull the starters.

  • @flugel said:

    Refreshing News is Ohio State facing an undefeated Indiana Team at home gives them no reason to be looking ahead to the Pinky Tuscadaro's residing in Annie's Arbor...

    After waxing Indiana’s ass today, I can’t wait to see Meatchicken on the field next week.

    I certainly hope Day runs up the score, and doesn’t pull the starters.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    After waxing Indiana’s ass today, I can’t wait to see Meatchicken on the field next week.

    I certainly hope Day runs up the score, and doesn’t pull the starters.

    After today I just have 1 question for poor Indiana.  Hoosier daddy?  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    That Team Up North Week starts now!

    Good win today. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    The rankings/playoff predictor are in turmoil after yesterday. 

    'Bama, wow. Milroe isn't NFL ready.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Bama lost…again.

    So that means they’re going to move up in the rankings.

  • Bama lost…again.

    So that means they’re going to move up in the rankings.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Bama lost…again.

    So that means they’re going to move up in the rankings.

    And watching Georgia go 8 sessions deep into OT with Georgia Tech's injury depleted secondary yesterday to escape with a win will overrate them way up the rankings as well.  After a while, each new session of OT was just 2 point conversion attempt attempts.  If you didn't watch, Kirby Smart called time-out every single time Ga Tech lined up in formation.  Every single Time it was GA Tech's turn.  They gotta change that when they get as far as the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th OT.  Again, I say that when the length of each session in just a 2 point attempt for each team.

    I am NOT a Georgia Bulldog fan at all.  IMO, Kirby Smart coming over there from Alabama's staff gives them that same stench of what are they really getting away with.  I'd be willing to bet they're getting away with a lot of the same things Michigan is finally getting busted with; and probably much more-so. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Bama lost…again.

    So that means they’re going to move up in the rankings.

    And watching Georgia go 8 sessions deep into OT with Georgia Tech's injury depleted secondary yesterday to escape with a win will overrate them way up the rankings as well.  After a while, each new session of OT was just 2 point conversion attempt attempts.  If you didn't watch, Kirby Smart called time-out every single time Ga Tech lined up in formation.  Every single Time it was GA Tech's turn.  They gotta change that when they get as far as the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th OT.  Again, I say that when the length of each session in just a 2 point attempt for each team.

    I am NOT a Georgia Bulldog fan at all.  IMO, Kirby Smart coming over there from Alabama's staff gives them that same stench of what are they really getting away with.  I'd be willing to bet they're getting away with a lot of the same things Michigan is finally getting busted with; and probably much more-so. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    And watching Georgia go 8 sessions deep into OT with Georgia Tech's injury depleted secondary yesterday to escape with a win will overrate them way up the rankings as well.  After a while, each new session of OT was just 2 point conversion attempt attempts.  If you didn't watch, Kirby Smart called time-out every single time Ga Tech lined up in formation.  Every single Time it was GA Tech's turn.  They gotta change that when they get as far as the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th OT.  Again, I say that when the length of each session in just a 2 point attempt for each team.

    I am NOT a Georgia Bulldog fan at all.  IMO, Kirby Smart coming over there from Alabama's staff gives them that same stench of what are they really getting away with.  I'd be willing to bet they're getting away with a lot of the same things Michigan is finally getting busted with; and probably much more-so. 

    I kind of feel different about that.

    I think NIL has evened the playing field. Now the non-southern schools can legally do what the southern schools did for generations by paying their players. 

    All the sudden the SEC looks mortal. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Today gentlemen is THE DAY. 

  • @flugel said:

    And watching Georgia go 8 sessions deep into OT with Georgia Tech's injury depleted secondary yesterday to escape with a win will overrate them way up the rankings as well.  After a while, each new session of OT was just 2 point conversion attempt attempts.  If you didn't watch, Kirby Smart called time-out every single time Ga Tech lined up in formation.  Every single Time it was GA Tech's turn.  They gotta change that when they get as far as the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th OT.  Again, I say that when the length of each session in just a 2 point attempt for each team.

    I am NOT a Georgia Bulldog fan at all.  IMO, Kirby Smart coming over there from Alabama's staff gives them that same stench of what are they really getting away with.  I'd be willing to bet they're getting away with a lot of the same things Michigan is finally getting busted with; and probably much more-so. 

    I kind of feel different about that.

    I think NIL has evened the playing field. Now the non-southern schools can legally do what the southern schools did for generations by paying their players. 

    All the sudden the SEC looks mortal. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I kind of feel different about that.

    I think NIL has evened the playing field. Now the non-southern schools can legally do what the southern schools did for generations by paying their players. 

    All the sudden the SEC looks mortal. 

    That's okay - it would be boring if we agreed all the time so I'll settle for 97% of the time. Some good points; but I think Ohio State got screwed against Georgia in the BCS playoffs a couple years ago.  We never even saw a reply of a head trauma to Marvin Harrison that ended his game (free of flags I might add).  This wasn't long after Harrison put Ohio State up by 14 points.  

    Kirby Smart, right after Georgia got a side-line warning flag that doesn't penalize any yardage (just an official we're gonna penalize you if you do it again).  He tested that entire sequel of OT sessions and not 1 official had the guts to to throw the next flag for the guy being on the field.  I could be wrong Dutch - but I get the feeling it's more important for the SEC to be superior especially in places like UGA or BAMA so Georgia seems like the Big Hope for that conference this year (after they boat-raced Texas off the field).  Nobody really cares about the ACC and Clemson has fallen off the map of elite teams to beat.

    OR, maybe it's just obvious I really wanted to see Georgia bounced from the playoffs with a 3rd loss...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Well if it was already apparent, the Buckeyes have to move on from Ryan Day. 

    Ohio State will never get to the level they want to with Day running the ship. He's John Cooper all over again.

  • Well if it was already apparent, the Buckeyes have to move on from Ryan Day. 

    Ohio State will never get to the level they want to with Day running the ship. He's John Cooper all over again.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well if it was already apparent, the Buckeyes have to move on from Ryan Day. 

    Ohio State will never get to the level they want to with Day running the ship. He's John Cooper all over again.

    He can take Chip Kelly with him.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well if it was already apparent, the Buckeyes have to move on from Ryan Day. 

    Ohio State will never get to the level they want to with Day running the ship. He's John Cooper all over again.

    He can take Chip Kelly with him.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    He can take Chip Kelly with him.

    TTUN's defense has one strength, so let's just keep trying to run right at it. 

  • Well if it was already apparent, the Buckeyes have to move on from Ryan Day. 

    Ohio State will never get to the level they want to with Day running the ship. He's John Cooper all over again.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well if it was already apparent, the Buckeyes have to move on from Ryan Day. 

    Ohio State will never get to the level they want to with Day running the ship. He's John Cooper all over again.

    Ya think?  It was so bad Michigan DESERVED to win that game.  Better game plan by at least 10 country miles.  "Yeah today we're going to repeatedly attack one of the best DT tandems in the country with a make shift line around injuries. Piece of cake." That was a team with 5 losses and some of those weren't that close or the point spread wouldn't have been as big as it was.

    I had a post about 2-3 months ago in our college football threads somewhere when I said the biggest difference between Ohio State and Michigan is in the trenches/LOS.  If short term memory serves me right, Michigan had a sizable advantage in rushing yardage yesterday.  Not only that, Michigan was the team playing to their strengths comfortably while Ohio State always seemed to be forced into situations they weren't comfortable with.  That's on HC Ryan All-Day.  Yeah, I hyphenated his name.  If that's not enough, they might want to look for a place kicker that can execute the only thing he's there to do. 

    This is what my best friend (Chris Graziano)and former Captain of our varsity football team had to say about the game as a Michigan fan: "Ohio State plays different in this game than the others. The HC doubts his his talent.  Urban Meyer never did that." 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    He can take Chip Kelly with him.

    TTUN's defense has one strength, so let's just keep trying to run right at it. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    TTUN's defense has one strength, so let's just keep trying to run right at it. 

    We were typing the that at the same time.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    I don't know if I want to see this team in the playoffs after that.  The size of the fight in the Dawg seemed restricted by a choke chain leash.  

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

  • I don't know if I want to see this team in the playoffs after that.  The size of the fight in the Dawg seemed restricted by a choke chain leash.  

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

    Vrable would bring me back