Skip to content

Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings

College Football Forum
455 17 13.2k 1
  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    I don't know if I want to see this team in the playoffs after that.  The size of the fight in the Dawg seemed restricted by a choke chain leash.  

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

  • I don't know if I want to see this team in the playoffs after that.  The size of the fight in the Dawg seemed restricted by a choke chain leash.  

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

    Vrable would bring me back

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I kind of feel different about that.

    I think NIL has evened the playing field. Now the non-southern schools can legally do what the southern schools did for generations by paying their players. 

    All the sudden the SEC looks mortal. 

    That's okay - it would be boring if we agreed all the time so I'll settle for 97% of the time. Some good points; but I think Ohio State got screwed against Georgia in the BCS playoffs a couple years ago.  We never even saw a reply of a head trauma to Marvin Harrison that ended his game (free of flags I might add).  This wasn't long after Harrison put Ohio State up by 14 points.  

    Kirby Smart, right after Georgia got a side-line warning flag that doesn't penalize any yardage (just an official we're gonna penalize you if you do it again).  He tested that entire sequel of OT sessions and not 1 official had the guts to to throw the next flag for the guy being on the field.  I could be wrong Dutch - but I get the feeling it's more important for the SEC to be superior especially in places like UGA or BAMA so Georgia seems like the Big Hope for that conference this year (after they boat-raced Texas off the field).  Nobody really cares about the ACC and Clemson has fallen off the map of elite teams to beat.

    OR, maybe it's just obvious I really wanted to see Georgia bounced from the playoffs with a 3rd loss...

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Kirby Smart, right after Georgia got a side-line warning flag that doesn't penalize any yardage (just an official we're gonna penalize you if you do it again).  He tested that entire sequel of OT sessions and not 1 official had the guts to to throw the next flag for the guy being on the field. 

    Yeah, I agree here 100% Why was he continually on the field, nowhere near the "box" that he's supposed to be in (maybe the rules in CFB are different than the NFL, not sure). 

    It reminded me of Tomlin on Thursday night, when he got to huddle with the officials for 5 minutes so he could change his mind or their minds on the intentional grounding. Complete favoritism. 

  • I don't know if I want to see this team in the playoffs after that.  The size of the fight in the Dawg seemed restricted by a choke chain leash.  

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I don't know if I want to see this team in the playoffs after that.  The size of the fight in the Dawg seemed restricted by a choke chain leash.  

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

    tOSU is going to get beat up if they get in, sadly. The blueprint is out, and combine that with the reality that tOSU just hasn't played well in the 1st Q of any game all season, they're doomed. I'm sure they'll be a road team in round 1 , if they get in. 

    Penn St & Georgia aren't worthy either, but they will both get in.

    Go Ohio Bobcats. Go Arizona State. 

  • I don't know if I want to see this team in the playoffs after that.  The size of the fight in the Dawg seemed restricted by a choke chain leash.  

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I don't know if I want to see this team in the playoffs after that.  The size of the fight in the Dawg seemed restricted by a choke chain leash.  

    I wonder if Mike Vrable will the next HC...

    I watch a YouTube show with Kirk Barton, ex-Ohio State OLineman from the 2000s. 

    He seems to think (in the past, not something he's talked about today or yesterday) that Vrabel would not want to be a head coach in college. Barton thinks he'd hate dealing with recruiting, NIL, transfer portals, etc. All stuff you don't have to deal with in the NFL.

    That being said, we'd have to see if the offer was actually given. A chance of coaching your alma mater - and it being a gem of a job, could change someone's mind. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    OSU has one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen

  • OSU has one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen

    JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    OSU has one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen

    At least he didn't cheat.

  • JaxJ Jax

    @mld-woody said:

    OSU has one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen

    At least he didn't cheat.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @jax said:

    At least he didn't cheat.

    Well, he cheated everyone that bought a ticket 😉

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    Ohio.jpg

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806

    The more I think about CFB, in their attempt to "fix" the playoffs system its just plain dumb.

    Unbalanced conference schedules are problem #2 ( after the big $$ grab).

    Basically, with 18 teams in the Big 10, 16 in the SEC, the math alone cannot produce a true champion. Schedule rotation is luck of the draw, so presently I'm sure we'd all agree Oregon is the best, but after that, who knows.

    So Penn St benefits from this, exactly how ESPN predicted back in October. Does anybody really believe Penn St is among the top 12 teams?

    You've got arguably the best conference, the SEC, being potentially won by a newcomer in Texas. Wait...if Georgia wins, you'll have a 10-2 team getting a BYE. 

    Turning to tOSU, of course they will benefit as well even though they don't deserve it IMHO. 

    Watch ( that's what they want lol), it will be Alabama vs Georgia or even crazier, tOSU vs Alabama/Georgia, the scenario that the Penn States of the world wanted to avoid.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    IMG_5510.png

    Just kidding…April Fools! (they were actually 39th) ??

    IMG_5509.png

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Just kidding…April Fools! (they were actually 39th) ??

    IMG_5509.png

    @canton-dawg said:

    How many teams win a National Championship and yet fail so miserably at recruiting the following year?

    I know one team comes to mind! ??

    IMG_5529.png

    @canton-dawg said:

    Your lack of recruiting has been noted.

    Prepare for more continuous ass kickings from the Buckeyes, but you should be accustomed to it.

    IMG_3606.jpeg

    @flugel said:

    ? Look what it takes to temporarily beat Ohio State... 

    @flugel said:

    I'll buy them another round of depressants while I'm celebrating another Big 10 Championship for Ohio State.  

    @canton-dawg said:

    IMG_3616.jpeg

    Lol

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    IMG_0242.jpeg

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Bama lost…again.

    So that means they’re going to move up in the rankings.

    And watching Georgia go 8 sessions deep into OT with Georgia Tech's injury depleted secondary yesterday to escape with a win will overrate them way up the rankings as well.  After a while, each new session of OT was just 2 point conversion attempt attempts.  If you didn't watch, Kirby Smart called time-out every single time Ga Tech lined up in formation.  Every single Time it was GA Tech's turn.  They gotta change that when they get as far as the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th OT.  Again, I say that when the length of each session in just a 2 point attempt for each team.

    I am NOT a Georgia Bulldog fan at all.  IMO, Kirby Smart coming over there from Alabama's staff gives them that same stench of what are they really getting away with.  I'd be willing to bet they're getting away with a lot of the same things Michigan is finally getting busted with; and probably much more-so. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    They gotta change that when they get as far as the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th OT. 

    I know how to change it,get rid of it, one OT session allowed if no one scores it ends in a freaking tie,untill of course the championship games and the playoffs

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Just kidding…April Fools! (they were actually 39th) ??

    IMG_5509.png

    @canton-dawg said:

    How many teams win a National Championship and yet fail so miserably at recruiting the following year?

    I know one team comes to mind! ??

    IMG_5529.png

    @canton-dawg said:

    Your lack of recruiting has been noted.

    Prepare for more continuous ass kickings from the Buckeyes, but you should be accustomed to it.

    IMG_3606.jpeg

    @flugel said:

    ? Look what it takes to temporarily beat Ohio State... 

    @flugel said:

    I'll buy them another round of depressants while I'm celebrating another Big 10 Championship for Ohio State.  

    @canton-dawg said:

    IMG_3616.jpeg

    Lol

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Lol

    So you held all that stuff hostage all the way until Ohio State beat themselves for you?   I could just see you pouting.  "I wanted Michigan to beat them - not themselves.  This sucks Barbie's milkers!!!"

  • @mld-woody said:

    Lol

    So you held all that stuff hostage all the way until Ohio State beat themselves for you?   I could just see you pouting.  "I wanted Michigan to beat them - not themselves.  This sucks Barbie's milkers!!!"

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    So you held all that stuff hostage all the way until Ohio State beat themselves for you?   I could just see you pouting.  "I wanted Michigan to beat them - not themselves.  This sucks Barbie's milkers!!!"

    Held onto it? It's just in this thread, gramps. 

    "Michigan didn't win, OSU just beat themselves!!!!" 

    copium.jpg&w=1080&q=75

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    IMG_0335.jpeg

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Ohio State hosts Tennessee Saturday December 21st, at 5pm in Round 1 of the college football playoffs. 

  • Ohio State hosts Tennessee Saturday December 21st, at 5pm in Round 1 of the college football playoffs. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Ohio State hosts Tennessee Saturday December 21st, at 5pm in Round 1 of the college football playoffs. 

    According to ESPN. The game is at 8pm

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Let the whining commence!

    IMG_0407.jpeg

  • Let the whining commence!

    IMG_0407.jpeg

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Let the whining commence!

    IMG_0407.jpeg

    By the way, if Ryan Day gags - how about former Buckeye and current Notre Dame HC Marcus Freeman as the next HC of Ohio State.  If Notre Dame loses tonight - you never read this.  Having said that, Indiana Hoosiers' HC Curt Cignetti could probably do a lot of damage with the talent at Ohio State...