Skip to content

Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings

College Football Forum
455 17 13.2k 1
  • And Jim Knowles, Ohio State's defensive coordinator the last three seasons, has left Columbus to be Penn State's DC.

    He's an excellent DC, but defense hasn't been Penn State's problem. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    And Jim Knowles, Ohio State's defensive coordinator the last three seasons, has left Columbus to be Penn State's DC.

    He's an excellent DC, but defense hasn't been Penn State's problem. 

    Interesting move for PSU. Like you said, D wasn't their problem. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And Jim Knowles, Ohio State's defensive coordinator the last three seasons, has left Columbus to be Penn State's DC.

    He's an excellent DC, but defense hasn't been Penn State's problem. 

    Interesting move for PSU. Like you said, D wasn't their problem. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Interesting move for PSU. Like you said, D wasn't their problem. 

    PSU's DC - Tom Allen - had just left for a lateral move of his own to Clemson. 

    Knowles is an excellent DC, but his system is a bit complex and for a team that is all-in a la TTUN in 2023 and Ohio State in 2024, there might be some growing pains. Defense isn't Penn State's issue, they finished 6th overall in defense this season.

    Rumors are that Knowles and DLine Coach Larry Johnson didn't get along well and the friction between the two was palpable. Both tend to run on the "gruff" side. 

    The name I've heard on two different podcasts as a possible DC replacement is current safeties coach Matt Guerrieri, a 35 year old Knowles protege from Willoughby. In fact, during today's National Championship celebration at Ohio Stadium Ryan Day specifically mentioned Guerrieri as a "brilliant young mind". Makes it seem like he's about to get the bump up to DC, which is good, because the system would stay the same for a defense only returning three starters in 2025. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Interesting move for PSU. Like you said, D wasn't their problem. 

    PSU's DC - Tom Allen - had just left for a lateral move of his own to Clemson. 

    Knowles is an excellent DC, but his system is a bit complex and for a team that is all-in a la TTUN in 2023 and Ohio State in 2024, there might be some growing pains. Defense isn't Penn State's issue, they finished 6th overall in defense this season.

    Rumors are that Knowles and DLine Coach Larry Johnson didn't get along well and the friction between the two was palpable. Both tend to run on the "gruff" side. 

    The name I've heard on two different podcasts as a possible DC replacement is current safeties coach Matt Guerrieri, a 35 year old Knowles protege from Willoughby. In fact, during today's National Championship celebration at Ohio Stadium Ryan Day specifically mentioned Guerrieri as a "brilliant young mind". Makes it seem like he's about to get the bump up to DC, which is good, because the system would stay the same for a defense only returning three starters in 2025. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    from Willoughby

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by

    image.thumb.png.30a1ddac3a970de8fcef471927ad7b5b.png

    Not sure how this is working on the College level these days.

    Used too be extremely Taboo, but these days I have no idea of what madness is going on   .   .   .  

    Money talks - not sure where these (and others) go   .   .   .  

    Enjoy the V while we have it.

  • image.thumb.png.30a1ddac3a970de8fcef471927ad7b5b.png

    Not sure how this is working on the College level these days.

    Used too be extremely Taboo, but these days I have no idea of what madness is going on   .   .   .  

    Money talks - not sure where these (and others) go   .   .   .  

    Enjoy the V while we have it.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    @jafbf said:

    image.thumb.png.30a1ddac3a970de8fcef471927ad7b5b.png

    Not sure how this is working on the College level these days.

    Used too be extremely Taboo, but these days I have no idea of what madness is going on   .   .   .  

    Money talks - not sure where these (and others) go   .   .   .  

    Enjoy the V while we have it.

    I'll give you a hint ... OSU complaining about other people tampering is the CFB equivalent of throwing stones in your $20 million glass house. 

    cough Caleb Downs cough 

  • @jafbf said:

    image.thumb.png.30a1ddac3a970de8fcef471927ad7b5b.png

    Not sure how this is working on the College level these days.

    Used too be extremely Taboo, but these days I have no idea of what madness is going on   .   .   .  

    Money talks - not sure where these (and others) go   .   .   .  

    Enjoy the V while we have it.

    I'll give you a hint ... OSU complaining about other people tampering is the CFB equivalent of throwing stones in your $20 million glass house. 

    cough Caleb Downs cough 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg

    @mld-woody said:

    I'll give you a hint ... OSU complaining about other people tampering is the CFB equivalent of throwing stones in your $20 million glass house. 

    cough Caleb Downs cough 

    And the only thing worse than shelling out $20 million in NIL money for a Natty, is paying out $16 million for an 8-5 season. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'll give you a hint ... OSU complaining about other people tampering is the CFB equivalent of throwing stones in your $20 million glass house. 

    cough Caleb Downs cough 

    And the only thing worse than shelling out $20 million in NIL money for a Natty, is paying out $16 million for an 8-5 season. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    @canton-dawg said:

    And the only thing worse than shelling out $20 million in NIL money for a Natty, is paying out $16 million for an 8-5 season. 

    Please do provide a link for that $16M. Quick google search seems to show that as an estimate for the 2023-2024 season. You know, last year. 

    Not to mention this is more bringing up Michigan when it wasn't part of the original point. Weird how they just live rent free in your head....

  • @canton-dawg said:

    And the only thing worse than shelling out $20 million in NIL money for a Natty, is paying out $16 million for an 8-5 season. 

    Please do provide a link for that $16M. Quick google search seems to show that as an estimate for the 2023-2024 season. You know, last year. 

    Not to mention this is more bringing up Michigan when it wasn't part of the original point. Weird how they just live rent free in your head....

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Please do provide a link for that $16M. Quick google search seems to show that as an estimate for the 2023-2024 season. You know, last year. 

    Not to mention this is more bringing up Michigan when it wasn't part of the original point. Weird how they just live rent free in your head....

    Well Pecker I’m going to say your googling skills are lacking, but I normally don’t take the time to do someone else’s work, here you go. . .

    https://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaaf/article/cfb-ranking-the-top-24-power-five-teams-by-collective-funding
     

    IMG_0587.png

  • @canton-dawg said:

    And the only thing worse than shelling out $20 million in NIL money for a Natty, is paying out $16 million for an 8-5 season. 

    Please do provide a link for that $16M. Quick google search seems to show that as an estimate for the 2023-2024 season. You know, last year. 

    Not to mention this is more bringing up Michigan when it wasn't part of the original point. Weird how they just live rent free in your head....

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Please do provide a link for that $16M. Quick google search seems to show that as an estimate for the 2023-2024 season. You know, last year. 

    Not to mention this is more bringing up Michigan when it wasn't part of the original point. Weird how they just live rent free in your head....

    And before you start whining about the $20 million OSU payed out in NIL money (which was mostly used to pay players already on the roster) take a peek at what Meatchicken is paying one fucking player in 2025.

    IMG_0603.jpeg

  • @mld-woody said:

    Please do provide a link for that $16M. Quick google search seems to show that as an estimate for the 2023-2024 season. You know, last year. 

    Not to mention this is more bringing up Michigan when it wasn't part of the original point. Weird how they just live rent free in your head....

    And before you start whining about the $20 million OSU payed out in NIL money (which was mostly used to pay players already on the roster) take a peek at what Meatchicken is paying one fucking player in 2025.

    IMG_0603.jpeg

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    And before you start whining about the $20 million OSU payed out in NIL money (which was mostly used to pay players already on the roster) take a peek at what Meatchicken is paying one fucking player in 2025.

    IMG_0603.jpeg

    I have no problem with NIL, genius. 

    I'm more than happy to see Michigan's vast, successful alumni network helping to get and keep the best players in college football 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Please do provide a link for that $16M. Quick google search seems to show that as an estimate for the 2023-2024 season. You know, last year. 

    Not to mention this is more bringing up Michigan when it wasn't part of the original point. Weird how they just live rent free in your head....

    Well Pecker I’m going to say your googling skills are lacking, but I normally don’t take the time to do someone else’s work, here you go. . .

    https://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaaf/article/cfb-ranking-the-top-24-power-five-teams-by-collective-funding
     

    IMG_0587.png

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Well Pecker I’m going to say your googling skills are lacking, but I normally don’t take the time to do someone else’s work, here you go. . .

    https://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaaf/article/cfb-ranking-the-top-24-power-five-teams-by-collective-funding
     

    IMG_0587.png

    Wtf is sports grid? Again, a number with no source. Just estimated "funds". Which, again, were reported/estimated as part of the 2023-2024 season. Follow?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Well Pecker I’m going to say your googling skills are lacking, but I normally don’t take the time to do someone else’s work, here you go. . .

    https://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaaf/article/cfb-ranking-the-top-24-power-five-teams-by-collective-funding
     

    IMG_0587.png

    Wtf is sports grid? Again, a number with no source. Just estimated "funds". Which, again, were reported/estimated as part of the 2023-2024 season. Follow?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Wtf is sports grid? Again, a number with no source. Just estimated "funds". Which, again, were reported/estimated as part of the 2023-2024 season. Follow?

    But you’re just fine using their $20 million figure for the Buckeyes? Hypocrite much?
     

    Sportsgrid is a streaming platform which is found on Roku, Samsung and LG televisions. But go ahead and deflect, it’s what you do best.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Wtf is sports grid? Again, a number with no source. Just estimated "funds". Which, again, were reported/estimated as part of the 2023-2024 season. Follow?

    But you’re just fine using their $20 million figure for the Buckeyes? Hypocrite much?
     

    Sportsgrid is a streaming platform which is found on Roku, Samsung and LG televisions. But go ahead and deflect, it’s what you do best.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    But you’re just fine using their $20 million figure for the Buckeyes? Hypocrite much?
     

    Sportsgrid is a streaming platform which is found on Roku, Samsung and LG televisions. But go ahead and deflect, it’s what you do best.

    Jesus you aren't following along at all, huh?

    I don't care that teams are using NIL. I support the players getting all the money they can. 

    I'm calling out the hypocrisy in Day, who's complaining about tampering, when it's widely believed around the CFB world that Downs and Judkins were technically tampered with. He's also made some "it's the wild west out here!" comments about NIL when he's clearly benefiting from the current state of things. 

    You following along now? 

    And, again, you haven't provided any reputable source that Michigan spent $16M on their roster LAST season. But I know reputable sources aren't really your thing. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    But you’re just fine using their $20 million figure for the Buckeyes? Hypocrite much?
     

    Sportsgrid is a streaming platform which is found on Roku, Samsung and LG televisions. But go ahead and deflect, it’s what you do best.

    Jesus you aren't following along at all, huh?

    I don't care that teams are using NIL. I support the players getting all the money they can. 

    I'm calling out the hypocrisy in Day, who's complaining about tampering, when it's widely believed around the CFB world that Downs and Judkins were technically tampered with. He's also made some "it's the wild west out here!" comments about NIL when he's clearly benefiting from the current state of things. 

    You following along now? 

    And, again, you haven't provided any reputable source that Michigan spent $16M on their roster LAST season. But I know reputable sources aren't really your thing. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg

    @mld-woody said:

    Jesus you aren't following along at all, huh?

    I don't care that teams are using NIL. I support the players getting all the money they can. 

    I'm calling out the hypocrisy in Day, who's complaining about tampering, when it's widely believed around the CFB world that Downs and Judkins were technically tampered with. He's also made some "it's the wild west out here!" comments about NIL when he's clearly benefiting from the current state of things. 

    You following along now? 

    And, again, you haven't provided any reputable source that Michigan spent $16M on their roster LAST season. But I know reputable sources aren't really your thing. 

    Then show me your source showing OSU spent 20 million on NIL. 

     

    I’ll wait.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Jesus you aren't following along at all, huh?

    I don't care that teams are using NIL. I support the players getting all the money they can. 

    I'm calling out the hypocrisy in Day, who's complaining about tampering, when it's widely believed around the CFB world that Downs and Judkins were technically tampered with. He's also made some "it's the wild west out here!" comments about NIL when he's clearly benefiting from the current state of things. 

    You following along now? 

    And, again, you haven't provided any reputable source that Michigan spent $16M on their roster LAST season. But I know reputable sources aren't really your thing. 

    Then show me your source showing OSU spent 20 million on NIL. 

     

    I’ll wait.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Then show me your source showing OSU spent 20 million on NIL. 

     

    I’ll wait.

    One, OSU didn't "spend" anything directly. That's not how NIL works. We might get to players just getting paid by universities (probably not a bad idea), but we're not their yet. 

    Literally OSUs AD is the source....

    https://247sports.com/article/ohio-state-football-players-received-around-20-million-in-nil-deals-this-past-year-ad-ross-bjork-says-234117440/

    https://sports.yahoo.com/as-player-pay-reaches-new-heights-how-will-ohio-state-navigate-uncharted-waters-134419119.html?guccounter=1

    In fact, the university is rich enough that its donor-led collective and brand affiliates disbursed to Buckeyes football players “around $20 million” this past year, said Ross Bjork, the Ohio State athletic director. In all likelihood, that figure ranks first in America.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Then show me your source showing OSU spent 20 million on NIL. 

     

    I’ll wait.

    One, OSU didn't "spend" anything directly. That's not how NIL works. We might get to players just getting paid by universities (probably not a bad idea), but we're not their yet. 

    Literally OSUs AD is the source....

    https://247sports.com/article/ohio-state-football-players-received-around-20-million-in-nil-deals-this-past-year-ad-ross-bjork-says-234117440/

    https://sports.yahoo.com/as-player-pay-reaches-new-heights-how-will-ohio-state-navigate-uncharted-waters-134419119.html?guccounter=1

    In fact, the university is rich enough that its donor-led collective and brand affiliates disbursed to Buckeyes football players “around $20 million” this past year, said Ross Bjork, the Ohio State athletic director. In all likelihood, that figure ranks first in America.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    One, OSU didn't "spend" anything directly. That's not how NIL works. We might get to players just getting paid by universities (probably not a bad idea), but we're not their yet. 

    Literally OSUs AD is the source....

    https://247sports.com/article/ohio-state-football-players-received-around-20-million-in-nil-deals-this-past-year-ad-ross-bjork-says-234117440/

    https://sports.yahoo.com/as-player-pay-reaches-new-heights-how-will-ohio-state-navigate-uncharted-waters-134419119.html?guccounter=1

    In fact, the university is rich enough that its donor-led collective and brand affiliates disbursed to Buckeyes football players “around $20 million” this past year, said Ross Bjork, the Ohio State athletic director. In all likelihood, that figure ranks first in America.

    So you’re using 247 sports as a reference?

    Never heard of them.

  • @mld-woody said:

    One, OSU didn't "spend" anything directly. That's not how NIL works. We might get to players just getting paid by universities (probably not a bad idea), but we're not their yet. 

    Literally OSUs AD is the source....

    https://247sports.com/article/ohio-state-football-players-received-around-20-million-in-nil-deals-this-past-year-ad-ross-bjork-says-234117440/

    https://sports.yahoo.com/as-player-pay-reaches-new-heights-how-will-ohio-state-navigate-uncharted-waters-134419119.html?guccounter=1

    In fact, the university is rich enough that its donor-led collective and brand affiliates disbursed to Buckeyes football players “around $20 million” this past year, said Ross Bjork, the Ohio State athletic director. In all likelihood, that figure ranks first in America.

    So you’re using 247 sports as a reference?

    Never heard of them.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    @canton-dawg said:

    So you’re using 247 sports as a reference?

    Never heard of them.

    You've never heard of 247? 

    Dude we're talking about college football right now .... 

    Not to mention I also linked Yahoo Sports 

    Not to mention the source is literally a quote from OSUs AD

    ... I think your response just solidified I'm wasting my time now. Or you're being dense on purpose to weasel out of being incorrect. Or both. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    So you’re using 247 sports as a reference?

    Never heard of them.

    You've never heard of 247? 

    Dude we're talking about college football right now .... 

    Not to mention I also linked Yahoo Sports 

    Not to mention the source is literally a quote from OSUs AD

    ... I think your response just solidified I'm wasting my time now. Or you're being dense on purpose to weasel out of being incorrect. Or both. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    You've never heard of 247? 

    Dude we're talking about college football right now .... 

    Not to mention I also linked Yahoo Sports 

    Not to mention the source is literally a quote from OSUs AD

    ... I think your response just solidified I'm wasting my time now. Or you're being dense on purpose to weasel out of being incorrect. Or both. 

    Or it could be that you don’t care about NIL payments?

    Of it could be you’re only concerned about websites reporting that OSU spent 20 million on its players while refusing to believe that Michigan spent 16 million?

    Or maybe you’re refusing to believe that there are other universities spending more than OSU?

    Maybe I’m wasting my time?

  • @mld-woody said:

    You've never heard of 247? 

    Dude we're talking about college football right now .... 

    Not to mention I also linked Yahoo Sports 

    Not to mention the source is literally a quote from OSUs AD

    ... I think your response just solidified I'm wasting my time now. Or you're being dense on purpose to weasel out of being incorrect. Or both. 

    Or it could be that you don’t care about NIL payments?

    Of it could be you’re only concerned about websites reporting that OSU spent 20 million on its players while refusing to believe that Michigan spent 16 million?

    Or maybe you’re refusing to believe that there are other universities spending more than OSU?

    Maybe I’m wasting my time?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Or it could be that you don’t care about NIL payments?

    Of it could be you’re only concerned about websites reporting that OSU spent 20 million on its players while refusing to believe that Michigan spent 16 million?

    Or maybe you’re refusing to believe that there are other universities spending more than OSU?

    Maybe I’m wasting my time?

    I'll go with hoping you're being purposely dense to distract from the original topic as much as possible, as you've realized you've got nothing. 

    Fyi, talking college football and not knowing of 247 is like trying to talk international policy and not knowing about China. Or healthcare and not knowing what a hospital is. 

    I imagine you want the last word to continue muddying this whole back and forth. Go for it. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    You've never heard of 247? 

    Dude we're talking about college football right now .... 

    Not to mention I also linked Yahoo Sports 

    Not to mention the source is literally a quote from OSUs AD

    ... I think your response just solidified I'm wasting my time now. Or you're being dense on purpose to weasel out of being incorrect. Or both. 

    Or it could be that you don’t care about NIL payments?

    Of it could be you’re only concerned about websites reporting that OSU spent 20 million on its players while refusing to believe that Michigan spent 16 million?

    Or maybe you’re refusing to believe that there are other universities spending more than OSU?

    Maybe I’m wasting my time?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Or it could be that you don’t care about NIL payments?

    Of it could be you’re only concerned about websites reporting that OSU spent 20 million on its players while refusing to believe that Michigan spent 16 million?

    Or maybe you’re refusing to believe that there are other universities spending more than OSU?

    Maybe I’m wasting my time?

    Woody wants to pull a rabbit out of his ass; but only porcupines are volunteering.  Anyway, here's a former Big 10 Coach only aiming for Jim Harbaugh per this article as recent as yesterday.

    image.png.5a15d0f85d0f75c272860efad1a756eb.png

    image.png.52eb7abe3a775646e7cf68197b6003b6.png

    image.png.80f6e6affdda1a52e59538362d0e0f19.png

    image.png.88ac0704c5460fb063bd2d21fce14024.png

    image.png.42fa8dfe41e8b30af91486ee2df28f00.png

    image.png.1b3b4f611977eb5496a7fe928a2c1b88.png