Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings
-
CMU has received an NOA and has been under investigation re: Conner Stallions.
Interesting.
-
CMU has received an NOA and has been under investigation re: Conner Stallions.
Interesting.
-
This is the most interesting part of the story to me at this point. I mean, he had on a disguise and everything. Who from CMU got him out there?
Who and why? Because he sure as hell isn't gathering info on CMU.
Which also begs another question- if he was the perfect combination of autistic, neurotic, obsessed, etc etc... why such a need for advanced scouting of signals both in person and via 3rd party?
-
This is the most interesting part of the story to me at this point. I mean, he had on a disguise and everything. Who from CMU got him out there?
Who and why? Because he sure as hell isn't gathering info on CMU.
Which also begs another question- if he was the perfect combination of autistic, neurotic, obsessed, etc etc... why such a need for advanced scouting of signals both in person and via 3rd party?
Who and why? Because he sure as hell isn't gathering info on CMU.
Which also begs another question- if he was the perfect combination of autistic, neurotic, obsessed, etc etc... why such a need for advanced scouting of signals both in person and via 3rd party?
But if he was gathering info on MSU for Michigan, why would he do that by putting on a disguise and sneaking onto the CMU sidelines instead of just watching from the stands. The risk increases exponentially and if anything you have a worse vantage point. Someone on CMU had to want him there to help them decode MSU signals in real time.
They should have just colluded with other teams like OSU did to get info on Michigan's signs.
My guess is he was always looking to optimize his work, which I totally get. Sure, I could look through all 22, TV recordings, etc, and hash it all together to get the same info, or I could send my boy out with an iPhone and get the same info in one feed. Though there were reports of his deep network of highly trained spies just leaving early from games anyway.
"Need" is a strong word. This man would squeeze water from a stone if he thought it helped Michigan football. I still want the manifesto. I'd pay him for it.
-
Who and why? Because he sure as hell isn't gathering info on CMU.
Which also begs another question- if he was the perfect combination of autistic, neurotic, obsessed, etc etc... why such a need for advanced scouting of signals both in person and via 3rd party?
But if he was gathering info on MSU for Michigan, why would he do that by putting on a disguise and sneaking onto the CMU sidelines instead of just watching from the stands. The risk increases exponentially and if anything you have a worse vantage point. Someone on CMU had to want him there to help them decode MSU signals in real time.
They should have just colluded with other teams like OSU did to get info on Michigan's signs.
My guess is he was always looking to optimize his work, which I totally get. Sure, I could look through all 22, TV recordings, etc, and hash it all together to get the same info, or I could send my boy out with an iPhone and get the same info in one feed. Though there were reports of his deep network of highly trained spies just leaving early from games anyway.
"Need" is a strong word. This man would squeeze water from a stone if he thought it helped Michigan football. I still want the manifesto. I'd pay him for it.
But if he was gathering info on MSU for Michigan, why would he do that by putting on a disguise and sneaking onto the CMU sidelines instead of just watching from the stands.
Quid pro quo. CMU was getting something out of it, that's why there are pictures of him talking (briefly) to others on the sideline. I would find it difficult to believe nobody would be asking "who are you?"
The risk increases exponentially and if anything you have a worse vantage point. Someone on CMU had to want him there to help them decode MSU signals in real time.
If the signal squad is directly across the field from me, I can stay in step with them laterally. If I'm in the stands across from them, it may be harder to gauge what they're doing at a distance without having a monocular or a pair of binocs. If he was in fact wearing spy shades (which given the blue light in the pictures and the fact it was a night-time game and he's the only asshole I can tell wearing sun glasses) is true, then those also likely have a depth of capture to quality range. Plus we consider fan obstructions. Stallions is what... 5'8? Unless you get front row tickets, you might have an issue that only mobility can help with.
Being on the field in CMU garb makes plenty of sense as well. Makes you far more mobile, and nobody questions why you're there documenting on field action and possibly recording. If I'm in the stands with any capture device or a notepad writing shit down, I know there will be eyes on me wondering what I'm doing.
Reminds me of a quote.
"The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect"
They should have just colluded with other teams like OSU did to get info on Michigan's signs.
But this isn't about tOSU, or any other teams beyond UM and CMU, now is it?
Buckeyes had their time, and they fired Tressel along with giving a lengthy suspension to players. Tressel was rightly fired for not telling the FBI to secretly inform the NCAA of it's investigations and instead misdirected them. I understand the feds are a higher authority, but it was short-sighted decision. One I recall quite a few Michigan fans cheering, especially after beating us in 2011. That also includes the University itself fully cooperating with the resulting investigation, something UM has been less than stellar with.
My guess is he was always looking to optimize his work, which I totally get.
I'm a lucky guy for the friends and experiences I've had. One worked for the Navy in Cybersecurity. Another, my oldest friend (call him my cousin) A retired E-6 Marine, gave me some scope as to how they recon in Afghanistan for tribal intel and how regionally gathered intel was disseminated to them. ISR, I believe was their acronym.
Beyond just that, intel requires re-verification for accuracy over a certain period time. (Decay of intel)
In my previous line of work, I wrote some SOP's. In most SOPs, you either have or will build a system of improvement to the methodology. So when I see Connor on the sidelines of MSU, wearing spy shades, I see a man re-verifying the quality of his intel for a hit rate... be it whatever percentage he deems. While also gathering fresh intel on potentially new signals. It would stand to reason if MSU changed 25% of their signals, it's likely most teams would have as well. So now you have to focus on prioritizing the tiers of the 75%. Do I have formation? Route structures? Blocking assignments? Snap count? etc etc... Then logical extrapolation of the gaps and finding a way to re-gather the remaining 25% (if you can)
Gather intel. Interpret raw Data. Build a knowledge base. Maintain and expand the knowledge base while refining processes. Pretty simple strategies both in the Military and Business.
Sure, I could look through all 22, TV recordings, etc, and hash it all together to get the same info
Absolutely fucking not. I've posted all-22 NFL clips on here that you've watched before. I have large files worth of college all-22. Almost half a season worth from multiple teams. You know I have these files, because you read my work on Cedric Tillman in the early days of his rookie year. Yet you still boldly drop this line. Feels like a bit of an insult to my intelligence. You're a smart guy, but your emotional play here is trumping that intelligence.
While I might catch a few hands waves in a quick passing camera view, I will not get anywhere near enough focus to build anything close to reliable data set where I can accurately and consistently decipher signals formation to formation.
Though there were reports of his deep network of highly trained spies just leaving early from games anyway.
First off, who cares? If they were there recording at his paying behest, then it's absolutely a violation of NCAA laws. Secondly, of course they would leave some games early. Because if I'm recording shit on a phone, it's going to look really fucking weird if I hang back to continue recording a blowout while fans exit the stands.
Thirdly, to back up some of your reports, this was a line from a coach (allegedly) paid to record.
"I only did a half because it was pouring rain and they were playing UMass," the source said. "It didn't pay well enough, so I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not staying here.'"
Let's see - Umass played Penn State, in College Station Oct 2023. The reported weather, per world-weatherinfo.com on Oct. 14th was 46degress and heavy rain. The game final was Penn State 63-0.
The student section at that point would be staying. But the bulk of alumni and fans are probably getting their cold, rainy asses out of there for a late season game that was almost 35-0 at halftime.
" I still want the manifesto "
Connor is the right level of unhinged and self-assured 'genius' to warrant talk of just how it sounds like another person, maybe of a political persuasion, that you aren't a fan of (which I can't blame you) Notice how Stallions is lashing out on Twitter, talking down to seemingly everyone while telling those who will listen essentially how easy it was? He has this massive brain and I.Q. and everyone else simply doesn't.
He's an easy mental trigger, just like a fellow gent of an "orange" nature. Say something about him doing or saying something demonstratable dumb, and he'll rant to the opposite in a desperate attempt to prove himself. If you don't see the parallel's between the ears from those two, then I don't know what to tell you.
Hammer is coming. I hope it's swift, heavy and not drawn out.
But the more Stallions talks, the more obvious it looks like he's just working up a defense for what he knows is coming. That he's just tHaT sMaRt, everyone else is wrong/beneath him and this is the NCAA being a bully. Self victim tactic.
-
But if he was gathering info on MSU for Michigan, why would he do that by putting on a disguise and sneaking onto the CMU sidelines instead of just watching from the stands.
Quid pro quo. CMU was getting something out of it, that's why there are pictures of him talking (briefly) to others on the sideline. I would find it difficult to believe nobody would be asking "who are you?"
The risk increases exponentially and if anything you have a worse vantage point. Someone on CMU had to want him there to help them decode MSU signals in real time.
If the signal squad is directly across the field from me, I can stay in step with them laterally. If I'm in the stands across from them, it may be harder to gauge what they're doing at a distance without having a monocular or a pair of binocs. If he was in fact wearing spy shades (which given the blue light in the pictures and the fact it was a night-time game and he's the only asshole I can tell wearing sun glasses) is true, then those also likely have a depth of capture to quality range. Plus we consider fan obstructions. Stallions is what... 5'8? Unless you get front row tickets, you might have an issue that only mobility can help with.
Being on the field in CMU garb makes plenty of sense as well. Makes you far more mobile, and nobody questions why you're there documenting on field action and possibly recording. If I'm in the stands with any capture device or a notepad writing shit down, I know there will be eyes on me wondering what I'm doing.
Reminds me of a quote.
"The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect"
They should have just colluded with other teams like OSU did to get info on Michigan's signs.
But this isn't about tOSU, or any other teams beyond UM and CMU, now is it?
Buckeyes had their time, and they fired Tressel along with giving a lengthy suspension to players. Tressel was rightly fired for not telling the FBI to secretly inform the NCAA of it's investigations and instead misdirected them. I understand the feds are a higher authority, but it was short-sighted decision. One I recall quite a few Michigan fans cheering, especially after beating us in 2011. That also includes the University itself fully cooperating with the resulting investigation, something UM has been less than stellar with.
My guess is he was always looking to optimize his work, which I totally get.
I'm a lucky guy for the friends and experiences I've had. One worked for the Navy in Cybersecurity. Another, my oldest friend (call him my cousin) A retired E-6 Marine, gave me some scope as to how they recon in Afghanistan for tribal intel and how regionally gathered intel was disseminated to them. ISR, I believe was their acronym.
Beyond just that, intel requires re-verification for accuracy over a certain period time. (Decay of intel)
In my previous line of work, I wrote some SOP's. In most SOPs, you either have or will build a system of improvement to the methodology. So when I see Connor on the sidelines of MSU, wearing spy shades, I see a man re-verifying the quality of his intel for a hit rate... be it whatever percentage he deems. While also gathering fresh intel on potentially new signals. It would stand to reason if MSU changed 25% of their signals, it's likely most teams would have as well. So now you have to focus on prioritizing the tiers of the 75%. Do I have formation? Route structures? Blocking assignments? Snap count? etc etc... Then logical extrapolation of the gaps and finding a way to re-gather the remaining 25% (if you can)
Gather intel. Interpret raw Data. Build a knowledge base. Maintain and expand the knowledge base while refining processes. Pretty simple strategies both in the Military and Business.
Sure, I could look through all 22, TV recordings, etc, and hash it all together to get the same info
Absolutely fucking not. I've posted all-22 NFL clips on here that you've watched before. I have large files worth of college all-22. Almost half a season worth from multiple teams. You know I have these files, because you read my work on Cedric Tillman in the early days of his rookie year. Yet you still boldly drop this line. Feels like a bit of an insult to my intelligence. You're a smart guy, but your emotional play here is trumping that intelligence.
While I might catch a few hands waves in a quick passing camera view, I will not get anywhere near enough focus to build anything close to reliable data set where I can accurately and consistently decipher signals formation to formation.
Though there were reports of his deep network of highly trained spies just leaving early from games anyway.
First off, who cares? If they were there recording at his paying behest, then it's absolutely a violation of NCAA laws. Secondly, of course they would leave some games early. Because if I'm recording shit on a phone, it's going to look really fucking weird if I hang back to continue recording a blowout while fans exit the stands.
Thirdly, to back up some of your reports, this was a line from a coach (allegedly) paid to record.
"I only did a half because it was pouring rain and they were playing UMass," the source said. "It didn't pay well enough, so I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not staying here.'"
Let's see - Umass played Penn State, in College Station Oct 2023. The reported weather, per world-weatherinfo.com on Oct. 14th was 46degress and heavy rain. The game final was Penn State 63-0.
The student section at that point would be staying. But the bulk of alumni and fans are probably getting their cold, rainy asses out of there for a late season game that was almost 35-0 at halftime.
" I still want the manifesto "
Connor is the right level of unhinged and self-assured 'genius' to warrant talk of just how it sounds like another person, maybe of a political persuasion, that you aren't a fan of (which I can't blame you) Notice how Stallions is lashing out on Twitter, talking down to seemingly everyone while telling those who will listen essentially how easy it was? He has this massive brain and I.Q. and everyone else simply doesn't.
He's an easy mental trigger, just like a fellow gent of an "orange" nature. Say something about him doing or saying something demonstratable dumb, and he'll rant to the opposite in a desperate attempt to prove himself. If you don't see the parallel's between the ears from those two, then I don't know what to tell you.
Hammer is coming. I hope it's swift, heavy and not drawn out.
But the more Stallions talks, the more obvious it looks like he's just working up a defense for what he knows is coming. That he's just tHaT sMaRt, everyone else is wrong/beneath him and this is the NCAA being a bully. Self victim tactic.
Quid pro quo. CMU was getting something out of it, that's why there are pictures of him talking (briefly) to others on the sideline. I would find it difficult to believe nobody would be asking "who are you?"
If the signal squad is directly across the field from me, I can stay in step with them laterally. If I'm in the stands across from them, it may be harder to gauge what they're doing at a distance without having a monocular or a pair of binocs. If he was in fact wearing spy shades (which given the blue light in the pictures and the fact it was a night-time game and he's the only asshole I can tell wearing sun glasses) is true, then those also likely have a depth of capture to quality range. Plus we consider fan obstructions. Stallions is what... 5'8? Unless you get front row tickets, you might have an issue that only mobility can help with.
Being on the field in CMU garb makes plenty of sense as well. Makes you far more mobile, and nobody questions why you're there documenting on field action and possibly recording. If I'm in the stands with any capture device or a notepad writing shit down, I know there will be eyes on me wondering what I'm doing.
Reminds me of a quote.
"The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect"
But this isn't about tOSU, or any other teams beyond UM and CMU, now is it?
Buckeyes had their time, and they fired Tressel along with giving a lengthy suspension to players. Tressel was rightly fired for not telling the FBI to secretly inform the NCAA of it's investigations and instead misdirected them. I understand the feds are a higher authority, but it was short-sighted decision. One I recall quite a few Michigan fans cheering, especially after beating us in 2011. That also includes the University itself fully cooperating with the resulting investigation, something UM has been less than stellar with.
I'm a lucky guy for the friends and experiences I've had. One worked for the Navy in Cybersecurity. Another, my oldest friend (call him my cousin) A retired E-6 Marine, gave me some scope as to how they recon in Afghanistan for tribal intel and how regionally gathered intel was disseminated to them. ISR, I believe was their acronym.
Beyond just that, intel requires re-verification for accuracy over a certain period time. (Decay of intel)
In my previous line of work, I wrote some SOP's. In most SOPs, you either have or will build a system of improvement to the methodology. So when I see Connor on the sidelines of MSU, wearing spy shades, I see a man re-verifying the quality of his intel for a hit rate... be it whatever percentage he deems. While also gathering fresh intel on potentially new signals. It would stand to reason if MSU changed 25% of their signals, it's likely most teams would have as well. So now you have to focus on prioritizing the tiers of the 75%. Do I have formation? Route structures? Blocking assignments? Snap count? etc etc... Then logical extrapolation of the gaps and finding a way to re-gather the remaining 25% (if you can)
Gather intel. Interpret raw Data. Build a knowledge base. Maintain and expand the knowledge base while refining processes. Pretty simple strategies both in the Military and Business.
Absolutely fucking not. I've posted all-22 NFL clips on here that you've watched before. I have large files worth of college all-22. Almost half a season worth from multiple teams. You know I have these files, because you read my work on Cedric Tillman in the early days of his rookie year. Yet you still boldly drop this line. Feels like a bit of an insult to my intelligence. You're a smart guy, but your emotional play here is trumping that intelligence.
While I might catch a few hands waves in a quick passing camera view, I will not get anywhere near enough focus to build anything close to reliable data set where I can accurately and consistently decipher signals formation to formation.
First off, who cares? If they were there recording at his paying behest, then it's absolutely a violation of NCAA laws. Secondly, of course they would leave some games early. Because if I'm recording shit on a phone, it's going to look really fucking weird if I hang back to continue recording a blowout while fans exit the stands.
Thirdly, to back up some of your reports, this was a line from a coach (allegedly) paid to record.
"I only did a half because it was pouring rain and they were playing UMass," the source said. "It didn't pay well enough, so I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not staying here.'"
Let's see - Umass played Penn State, in College Station Oct 2023. The reported weather, per world-weatherinfo.com on Oct. 14th was 46degress and heavy rain. The game final was Penn State 63-0.
The student section at that point would be staying. But the bulk of alumni and fans are probably getting their cold, rainy asses out of there for a late season game that was almost 35-0 at halftime.
Connor is the right level of unhinged and self-assured 'genius' to warrant talk of just how it sounds like another person, maybe of a political persuasion, that you aren't a fan of (which I can't blame you) Notice how Stallions is lashing out on Twitter, talking down to seemingly everyone while telling those who will listen essentially how easy it was? He has this massive brain and I.Q. and everyone else simply doesn't.
He's an easy mental trigger, just like a fellow gent of an "orange" nature. Say something about him doing or saying something demonstratable dumb, and he'll rant to the opposite in a desperate attempt to prove himself. If you don't see the parallel's between the ears from those two, then I don't know what to tell you.
Hammer is coming. I hope it's swift, heavy and not drawn out.
But the more Stallions talks, the more obvious it looks like he's just working up a defense for what he knows is coming. That he's just tHaT sMaRt, everyone else is wrong/beneath him and this is the NCAA being a bully. Self victim tactic.
Damn, this is a lot. I'm on my phone so I'll try to make each response clear
I absolutely believe CMU was getting something out of it. I question whatever Michigan would be getting out of it. Even within the context of everything he was allegedly doing.
I mean, do we think fans, in a not student section, were standing that whole game? I'm sure he could have got decent views from the sidelines. You'd think he'd be more obstructed on a sideline while trying to keep a low profile.
Again, apparently that's what his network of spies were doing. Which apparently gave so much secret info it's the singular reason why Michigan was successful. So if it was that powerful of a setup no reason to go the extra mile with the spy get up, right?
The quip was about what came out with OSU and other teams in regards to prepping for Michigan. During those weeks you'd think anything related to interpreting signs was this grand offense. Just pointing out what we know others have done. About the same week multiple OSU sign guy Venmo accounts went private.
I think the Tressel stuff has been hashed out to death. How exactly did the institution not cooperate? There was talk of Moore deleting texts from Stalions but he immediately got them back and handed over his phone when asked. Not exactly Meyer deleting texts with the Zach Smith stuff.
Yeah, I have no doubt Stalions fully obsessed over his decoding of signs and everything he could do to improve his system. Hell, there was a lot of talk about what rules Michigan even potentially broke based on the wording in the rulebook. I'm sure he was going through that with a fine tooth comb to get any advantage he could.
I don't like hearing that I'm not objective on this and it's an emotional play because of my college fandom. I come from a place of this being overblown and I've heard similar from folks in the field that spoke on this when it happened. You're more knowledgeable than me on film here so I'll leave it be.
Well, we'll see how the sanctions end. We'll see how the go at Michigan's head from the NCAA ends.
I never said I LIKED the guy. He's probably absolutely insufferable. And he's very clearly trying to ride his 15 minutes of fame on twitter. I wouldn't trust anything directly he's saying. He just wants attention. I'm saying I want the manifesto, as a Michigan and college football fan, because I'm incredibly interested in what he wrote.
We'll see if there's any hammer, especially with Pettiti pulling away, one of the biggest critics early on.
-
Quid pro quo. CMU was getting something out of it, that's why there are pictures of him talking (briefly) to others on the sideline. I would find it difficult to believe nobody would be asking "who are you?"
If the signal squad is directly across the field from me, I can stay in step with them laterally. If I'm in the stands across from them, it may be harder to gauge what they're doing at a distance without having a monocular or a pair of binocs. If he was in fact wearing spy shades (which given the blue light in the pictures and the fact it was a night-time game and he's the only asshole I can tell wearing sun glasses) is true, then those also likely have a depth of capture to quality range. Plus we consider fan obstructions. Stallions is what... 5'8? Unless you get front row tickets, you might have an issue that only mobility can help with.
Being on the field in CMU garb makes plenty of sense as well. Makes you far more mobile, and nobody questions why you're there documenting on field action and possibly recording. If I'm in the stands with any capture device or a notepad writing shit down, I know there will be eyes on me wondering what I'm doing.
Reminds me of a quote.
"The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect"
But this isn't about tOSU, or any other teams beyond UM and CMU, now is it?
Buckeyes had their time, and they fired Tressel along with giving a lengthy suspension to players. Tressel was rightly fired for not telling the FBI to secretly inform the NCAA of it's investigations and instead misdirected them. I understand the feds are a higher authority, but it was short-sighted decision. One I recall quite a few Michigan fans cheering, especially after beating us in 2011. That also includes the University itself fully cooperating with the resulting investigation, something UM has been less than stellar with.
I'm a lucky guy for the friends and experiences I've had. One worked for the Navy in Cybersecurity. Another, my oldest friend (call him my cousin) A retired E-6 Marine, gave me some scope as to how they recon in Afghanistan for tribal intel and how regionally gathered intel was disseminated to them. ISR, I believe was their acronym.
Beyond just that, intel requires re-verification for accuracy over a certain period time. (Decay of intel)
In my previous line of work, I wrote some SOP's. In most SOPs, you either have or will build a system of improvement to the methodology. So when I see Connor on the sidelines of MSU, wearing spy shades, I see a man re-verifying the quality of his intel for a hit rate... be it whatever percentage he deems. While also gathering fresh intel on potentially new signals. It would stand to reason if MSU changed 25% of their signals, it's likely most teams would have as well. So now you have to focus on prioritizing the tiers of the 75%. Do I have formation? Route structures? Blocking assignments? Snap count? etc etc... Then logical extrapolation of the gaps and finding a way to re-gather the remaining 25% (if you can)
Gather intel. Interpret raw Data. Build a knowledge base. Maintain and expand the knowledge base while refining processes. Pretty simple strategies both in the Military and Business.
Absolutely fucking not. I've posted all-22 NFL clips on here that you've watched before. I have large files worth of college all-22. Almost half a season worth from multiple teams. You know I have these files, because you read my work on Cedric Tillman in the early days of his rookie year. Yet you still boldly drop this line. Feels like a bit of an insult to my intelligence. You're a smart guy, but your emotional play here is trumping that intelligence.
While I might catch a few hands waves in a quick passing camera view, I will not get anywhere near enough focus to build anything close to reliable data set where I can accurately and consistently decipher signals formation to formation.
First off, who cares? If they were there recording at his paying behest, then it's absolutely a violation of NCAA laws. Secondly, of course they would leave some games early. Because if I'm recording shit on a phone, it's going to look really fucking weird if I hang back to continue recording a blowout while fans exit the stands.
Thirdly, to back up some of your reports, this was a line from a coach (allegedly) paid to record.
"I only did a half because it was pouring rain and they were playing UMass," the source said. "It didn't pay well enough, so I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not staying here.'"
Let's see - Umass played Penn State, in College Station Oct 2023. The reported weather, per world-weatherinfo.com on Oct. 14th was 46degress and heavy rain. The game final was Penn State 63-0.
The student section at that point would be staying. But the bulk of alumni and fans are probably getting their cold, rainy asses out of there for a late season game that was almost 35-0 at halftime.
Connor is the right level of unhinged and self-assured 'genius' to warrant talk of just how it sounds like another person, maybe of a political persuasion, that you aren't a fan of (which I can't blame you) Notice how Stallions is lashing out on Twitter, talking down to seemingly everyone while telling those who will listen essentially how easy it was? He has this massive brain and I.Q. and everyone else simply doesn't.
He's an easy mental trigger, just like a fellow gent of an "orange" nature. Say something about him doing or saying something demonstratable dumb, and he'll rant to the opposite in a desperate attempt to prove himself. If you don't see the parallel's between the ears from those two, then I don't know what to tell you.
Hammer is coming. I hope it's swift, heavy and not drawn out.
But the more Stallions talks, the more obvious it looks like he's just working up a defense for what he knows is coming. That he's just tHaT sMaRt, everyone else is wrong/beneath him and this is the NCAA being a bully. Self victim tactic.
Damn, this is a lot. I'm on my phone so I'll try to make each response clear
I absolutely believe CMU was getting something out of it. I question whatever Michigan would be getting out of it. Even within the context of everything he was allegedly doing.
I mean, do we think fans, in a not student section, were standing that whole game? I'm sure he could have got decent views from the sidelines. You'd think he'd be more obstructed on a sideline while trying to keep a low profile.
Again, apparently that's what his network of spies were doing. Which apparently gave so much secret info it's the singular reason why Michigan was successful. So if it was that powerful of a setup no reason to go the extra mile with the spy get up, right?
The quip was about what came out with OSU and other teams in regards to prepping for Michigan. During those weeks you'd think anything related to interpreting signs was this grand offense. Just pointing out what we know others have done. About the same week multiple OSU sign guy Venmo accounts went private.
I think the Tressel stuff has been hashed out to death. How exactly did the institution not cooperate? There was talk of Moore deleting texts from Stalions but he immediately got them back and handed over his phone when asked. Not exactly Meyer deleting texts with the Zach Smith stuff.
Yeah, I have no doubt Stalions fully obsessed over his decoding of signs and everything he could do to improve his system. Hell, there was a lot of talk about what rules Michigan even potentially broke based on the wording in the rulebook. I'm sure he was going through that with a fine tooth comb to get any advantage he could.
I don't like hearing that I'm not objective on this and it's an emotional play because of my college fandom. I come from a place of this being overblown and I've heard similar from folks in the field that spoke on this when it happened. You're more knowledgeable than me on film here so I'll leave it be.
Well, we'll see how the sanctions end. We'll see how the go at Michigan's head from the NCAA ends.
I never said I LIKED the guy. He's probably absolutely insufferable. And he's very clearly trying to ride his 15 minutes of fame on twitter. I wouldn't trust anything directly he's saying. He just wants attention. I'm saying I want the manifesto, as a Michigan and college football fan, because I'm incredibly interested in what he wrote.
We'll see if there's any hammer, especially with Pettiti pulling away, one of the biggest critics early on.
Damn, this is a lot. I'm on my phone so I'll try to make each response clear
Appreciate that.
I absolutely believe CMU was getting something out of it. I question whatever Michigan would be getting out of it. Even within the context of everything he was allegedly doing.
Exactly what I said they would be getting. UM's most important resource- intel verification.
I mean, do we think fans, in a not student section, were standing that whole game? I'm sure he could have got decent views from the sidelines. You'd think he'd be more obstructed on a sideline while trying to keep a low profile.
All I know is, if I had spy glasses on, I'd want to be on the field.
Again, apparently that's what his network of spies were doing. Which apparently gave so much secret info it's the singular reason why Michigan was successful. So if it was that powerful of a setup no reason to go the extra mile with the spy get up, right?
Singular? No. A large part? Yes.
Again, why not the spy get up? Increases singular efficiency per user for data collection. If the glasses capture a ton, buy a few more pair and distribute them. Then take the file, upload it to a cloud host and you have data pouring in over the weekend.
The quip was about what came out with OSU and other teams in regards to prepping for Michigan. During those weeks you'd think anything related to interpreting signs was this grand offense. Just pointing out what we know others have done. About the same week multiple OSU sign guy Venmo accounts went private.
Sign interpretation isn't an offense. But if Stallions was *that* good, then I fail to see why his services aren't needed at a higher level of football. The NFL is a meat grinder... he would be welcomed there.
OSU sign guy? Is this up there with the All-22 footage and Ryan Days brother? (All proven bogus)
I think the Tressel stuff has been hashed out to death. How exactly did the institution not cooperate? There was talk of Moore deleting texts from Stalions but he immediately got them back and handed over his phone when asked. Not exactly Meyer deleting texts with the Zach Smith stuff.
Again, why the need to reference tOSU further than what I did with Tressel? Harbaugh was not cooperative, though I do admit the NCAA set something of an unreasonable timeline on turnover date for his emails. You still have him refusing to attend hearings about the penalties for the impermissable contact during Covid, then word of coaches informing players not to speak to NCAA investigators on campus. Deleted texts are just the cherry.
Yeah, I have no doubt Stalions fully obsessed over his decoding of signs and everything he could do to improve his system. Hell, there was a lot of talk about what rules Michigan even potentially broke based on the wording in the rulebook. I'm sure he was going through that with a fine tooth comb to get any advantage he could.
Grimey. Because I highly doubt Bo Schembechler would have done such a thing.
I don't like hearing that I'm not objective on this and it's an emotional play because of my college fandom.
The all-22
Ryan Days brother
NCAA conspiracy.
No different than USC fans a decade ago. No different than what few Miami fans still exist today about the holding call in the 02' natty.
I come from a place of this being overblown and I've heard similar from folks in the field that spoke on this when it happened.
Who might those folks be?
You're more knowledgeable than me on film here so I'll leave it be.
I appreciate that. But you also know I can back up my statements. So I wouldn't say something without proof. What's concerning is 1) where you heard the accusation of all-22 having the camera angle to see signals and 2) full and well knowing that's bullshit, why did said source continue to push a factually incorrect narrative.
I never said I LIKED the guy. He's probably absolutely insufferable. And he's very clearly trying to ride his 15 minutes of fame on twitter.
Absolutely
I wouldn't trust anything directly he's saying.
Sort of like "that wasn't me on the CMU sideline" -or- "I was the only one who knew about this on the coaching staff"
He just wants attention. I'm saying I want the manifesto, as a Michigan and college football fan, because I'm incredibly interested in what he wrote.
Oh I am as well. More important, what I'm interested in is seeing coaches collectively ask themselves "how did we get to this point?" And then how we might fix it.
We'll see if there's any hammer, especially with Pettiti pulling away, one of the biggest critics early on.
I know coach speak, and Pettiti is good at it.
-
Since this is the Michigan thread..
Four years probation
• $50,000 fine, plus 10% of the budget for the football program
• A fine equivalent to the anticipated loss of all postseason competition revenue sharing associated with the 2025 and 2026 football seasons
• A fine equivalent to the cost of 10% of the scholarships awarded in Michigan's football program for the 2025-26 academic year
• A 25% reduction in football official visits during the 2025-26 season
• 14-week prohibition on recruiting communications in the football program during the probation period.
The fines, including the "anticipated loss of all postseason competition revenue" for the 2025-2026 seasons, could exceed $20 million.
The committee also slapped current head coach Sherrone Moore with an additional game suspension (on top of the two already imposed by Michigan). Moore also received a two-year show-cause penalty.
The committee hammered former coach Jim Harbaugh with a 10-year show-cause penalty and hit Connor Stalions, the purported ringleader of the sign-stealing scheme, with a 8-year show-cause. Former staffer Denard Robinson was hit with a 3-year show-cause penalty, while former assistant coach Chris Partridge did not receive any penalty.
-
Official NCAA release
The prescribed penalties for the parties who contested their violations in this case are as follows:
- Four years of probation.
-
Financial penalties:
- $50,000 fine, plus 10% of the budget for the football program.
- A fine equivalent to the anticipated loss of all postseason competition revenue sharing associated with the 2025 and 2026 football seasons.
- A fine equivalent to the cost of 10% of the scholarships awarded in Michigan's football program for the 2025-26 academic year.
- A 25% reduction in football official visits during the 2025-26 season.
- A 14-week prohibition on recruiting communications in the football program during the probation period.
-
Connor Stalions:
- An eight-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
Jim Harbaugh:
- A 10-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period, which will begin on Aug. 7, 2028, at the conclusion of his four-year show-cause order from a previous case.
-
Denard Robinson:
- A three-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
Sherrone Moore:
- A two-year show-cause order, during which he is suspended from a total of three games. Michigan self-imposed a two-game suspension for Moore during the upcoming 2025-26 football season. The panel determined that a suspension for one additional game was appropriate. Therefore, Moore also will be suspended for the first game of the 2026-27 season. Apart from the three-game suspension, Moore is not prohibited from engaging in coaching or other athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
-
Official NCAA release
The prescribed penalties for the parties who contested their violations in this case are as follows:
- Four years of probation.
-
Financial penalties:
- $50,000 fine, plus 10% of the budget for the football program.
- A fine equivalent to the anticipated loss of all postseason competition revenue sharing associated with the 2025 and 2026 football seasons.
- A fine equivalent to the cost of 10% of the scholarships awarded in Michigan's football program for the 2025-26 academic year.
- A 25% reduction in football official visits during the 2025-26 season.
- A 14-week prohibition on recruiting communications in the football program during the probation period.
-
Connor Stalions:
- An eight-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
Jim Harbaugh:
- A 10-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period, which will begin on Aug. 7, 2028, at the conclusion of his four-year show-cause order from a previous case.
-
Denard Robinson:
- A three-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
Sherrone Moore:
- A two-year show-cause order, during which he is suspended from a total of three games. Michigan self-imposed a two-game suspension for Moore during the upcoming 2025-26 football season. The panel determined that a suspension for one additional game was appropriate. Therefore, Moore also will be suspended for the first game of the 2026-27 season. Apart from the three-game suspension, Moore is not prohibited from engaging in coaching or other athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
Official NCAA release
The prescribed penalties for the parties who contested their violations in this case are as follows:
- Four years of probation.
-
Financial penalties:
- $50,000 fine, plus 10% of the budget for the football program.
- A fine equivalent to the anticipated loss of all postseason competition revenue sharing associated with the 2025 and 2026 football seasons.
- A fine equivalent to the cost of 10% of the scholarships awarded in Michigan's football program for the 2025-26 academic year.
- A 25% reduction in football official visits during the 2025-26 season.
- A 14-week prohibition on recruiting communications in the football program during the probation period.
-
Connor Stalions:
- An eight-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
Jim Harbaugh:
- A 10-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period, which will begin on Aug. 7, 2028, at the conclusion of his four-year show-cause order from a previous case.
-
Denard Robinson:
- A three-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
Sherrone Moore:
- A two-year show-cause order, during which he is suspended from a total of three games. Michigan self-imposed a two-game suspension for Moore during the upcoming 2025-26 football season. The panel determined that a suspension for one additional game was appropriate. Therefore, Moore also will be suspended for the first game of the 2026-27 season. Apart from the three-game suspension, Moore is not prohibited from engaging in coaching or other athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
It seems like a harsh penalty for a school that was supposedly innocent? ?
-
Official NCAA release
The prescribed penalties for the parties who contested their violations in this case are as follows:
- Four years of probation.
-
Financial penalties:
- $50,000 fine, plus 10% of the budget for the football program.
- A fine equivalent to the anticipated loss of all postseason competition revenue sharing associated with the 2025 and 2026 football seasons.
- A fine equivalent to the cost of 10% of the scholarships awarded in Michigan's football program for the 2025-26 academic year.
- A 25% reduction in football official visits during the 2025-26 season.
- A 14-week prohibition on recruiting communications in the football program during the probation period.
-
Connor Stalions:
- An eight-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
Jim Harbaugh:
- A 10-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period, which will begin on Aug. 7, 2028, at the conclusion of his four-year show-cause order from a previous case.
-
Denard Robinson:
- A three-year show-cause order, restricting him from all athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
-
Sherrone Moore:
- A two-year show-cause order, during which he is suspended from a total of three games. Michigan self-imposed a two-game suspension for Moore during the upcoming 2025-26 football season. The panel determined that a suspension for one additional game was appropriate. Therefore, Moore also will be suspended for the first game of the 2026-27 season. Apart from the three-game suspension, Moore is not prohibited from engaging in coaching or other athletically related activities during the show-cause period.
It seems like a harsh penalty for a school that was supposedly innocent? ?
It seems like a harsh penalty for a school that was supposedly innocent? ?
It's waaaaay too late for the NCAA to do anything. Kind of like the Houston Astros winning the World Series, the trophy is on display.
It's amazing to me that a player can violate rules, or be accused of breaking rules, and they can't play in an upcoming game- yet when coaches or administrators do something wrong there's huge delays in any punishments.
-
It seems like a harsh penalty for a school that was supposedly innocent? ?
It's waaaaay too late for the NCAA to do anything. Kind of like the Houston Astros winning the World Series, the trophy is on display.
It's amazing to me that a player can violate rules, or be accused of breaking rules, and they can't play in an upcoming game- yet when coaches or administrators do something wrong there's huge delays in any punishments.
It's waaaaay too late for the NCAA to do anything. Kind of like the Houston Astros winning the World Series, the trophy is on display.
It's amazing to me that a player can violate rules, or be accused of breaking rules, and they can't play in an upcoming game- yet when coaches or administrators do something wrong there's huge delays in any punishments.
Supposedly, the NCAA didn’t drop more severe penalties because the main culprits were no longer on campus.
NO SHIT! The investigation only took 2 fucking years. The guilty parties got on their ponies and left town.
-
-
- NCAA says UM fucked up, everything was true and acknowledges they would get serious penalties.
- Converts it to a monetary fine.
- Essentially bans Harbaugh and Stallions. A symbolic gesture at best.
In essence admitting that anything illegal isn't illegal, it's really just a fee when you get down to it. I don't know what more to say.
Meanwhile Akron just got a post season ban for lack of academic progress.
-
- NCAA says UM fucked up, everything was true and acknowledges they would get serious penalties.
- Converts it to a monetary fine.
- Essentially bans Harbaugh and Stallions. A symbolic gesture at best.
In essence admitting that anything illegal isn't illegal, it's really just a fee when you get down to it. I don't know what more to say.
Meanwhile Akron just got a post season ban for lack of academic progress.
- NCAA says UM fucked up, everything was true and acknowledges they would get serious penalties.
- Converts it to a monetary fine.
- Essentially bans Harbaugh and Stallions. A symbolic gesture at best.
In essence admitting that anything illegal isn't illegal, it's really just a fee when you get down to it. I don't know what more to say.
Meanwhile Akron just got a post season ban for lack of academic progress.
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
-
- NCAA says UM fucked up, everything was true and acknowledges they would get serious penalties.
- Converts it to a monetary fine.
- Essentially bans Harbaugh and Stallions. A symbolic gesture at best.
In essence admitting that anything illegal isn't illegal, it's really just a fee when you get down to it. I don't know what more to say.
Meanwhile Akron just got a post season ban for lack of academic progress.
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
Tressel knowingly played ineligible players. Not "because of tattoos".
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
-
U of M released a statement on Friday afternoon that said, "We appreciate the work of the Committee on Infractions. But, respectfully, in a number of instances the decision makes fundamental errors in interpreting NCAA bylaws; and it includes a number of conclusions that are directly contrary to the evidence – or lack of evidence – in the record. We will appeal this decision to ensure a fair result."
-
U of M released a statement on Friday afternoon that said, "We appreciate the work of the Committee on Infractions. But, respectfully, in a number of instances the decision makes fundamental errors in interpreting NCAA bylaws; and it includes a number of conclusions that are directly contrary to the evidence – or lack of evidence – in the record. We will appeal this decision to ensure a fair result."
U of M released a statement on Friday afternoon that said, "We appreciate the work of the Committee on Infractions. But, respectfully, in a number of instances the decision makes fundamental errors in interpreting NCAA bylaws; and it includes a number of conclusions that are directly contrary to the evidence – or lack of evidence – in the record. We will appeal this decision to ensure a fair result."
You misspelled destruction and withholding information. . .
-
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
Tressel knowingly played ineligible players. Not "because of tattoos".
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
No shit, is this news to you?
At least OSU cooperated with the NCAA, you know unlike the cheaters with the asterisk.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
