Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings
-
- NCAA says UM fucked up, everything was true and acknowledges they would get serious penalties.
- Converts it to a monetary fine.
- Essentially bans Harbaugh and Stallions. A symbolic gesture at best.
In essence admitting that anything illegal isn't illegal, it's really just a fee when you get down to it. I don't know what more to say.
Meanwhile Akron just got a post season ban for lack of academic progress.
- NCAA says UM fucked up, everything was true and acknowledges they would get serious penalties.
- Converts it to a monetary fine.
- Essentially bans Harbaugh and Stallions. A symbolic gesture at best.
In essence admitting that anything illegal isn't illegal, it's really just a fee when you get down to it. I don't know what more to say.
Meanwhile Akron just got a post season ban for lack of academic progress.
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
-
- NCAA says UM fucked up, everything was true and acknowledges they would get serious penalties.
- Converts it to a monetary fine.
- Essentially bans Harbaugh and Stallions. A symbolic gesture at best.
In essence admitting that anything illegal isn't illegal, it's really just a fee when you get down to it. I don't know what more to say.
Meanwhile Akron just got a post season ban for lack of academic progress.
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
Tressel knowingly played ineligible players. Not "because of tattoos".
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
-
U of M released a statement on Friday afternoon that said, "We appreciate the work of the Committee on Infractions. But, respectfully, in a number of instances the decision makes fundamental errors in interpreting NCAA bylaws; and it includes a number of conclusions that are directly contrary to the evidence – or lack of evidence – in the record. We will appeal this decision to ensure a fair result."
-
U of M released a statement on Friday afternoon that said, "We appreciate the work of the Committee on Infractions. But, respectfully, in a number of instances the decision makes fundamental errors in interpreting NCAA bylaws; and it includes a number of conclusions that are directly contrary to the evidence – or lack of evidence – in the record. We will appeal this decision to ensure a fair result."
U of M released a statement on Friday afternoon that said, "We appreciate the work of the Committee on Infractions. But, respectfully, in a number of instances the decision makes fundamental errors in interpreting NCAA bylaws; and it includes a number of conclusions that are directly contrary to the evidence – or lack of evidence – in the record. We will appeal this decision to ensure a fair result."
You misspelled destruction and withholding information. . .
-
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
Tressel knowingly played ineligible players. Not "because of tattoos".
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
No shit, is this news to you?
At least OSU cooperated with the NCAA, you know unlike the cheaters with the asterisk.
-
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
No shit, is this news to you?
At least OSU cooperated with the NCAA, you know unlike the cheaters with the asterisk.
No shit, is this news to you?
At least OSU cooperated with the NCAA, you know unlike the cheaters with the asterisk.
Hahahaha, tressel knowingly lied to the NCAA, what are you talking about?
And when Meyer was protecting a domestic abuser he deleted texts from his phone
How very cooperative
-
I’m sure the people in Ann Arbor were happy that OSU forfeited wins because of those tattoos they got in exchange for their own merchandise.
Tressel knowingly played ineligible players. Not "because of tattoos".
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
Incorrect.
"The university had previously offered to vacate the 2010 season, return bowl money, go on two years of NCAA probation and use five fewer football scholarships over the next three years".
But that wasn't good enough for the NCAA then, was it?
When it comes down to it, the on-field competitive advantaged obtained by UM is exponentially worse than what happened at tOSU. I stress on-field, because that's what it was... on field cheating. The only thing remotely close might be if your program was loaded up with a steroid scandal. However the punishment was incredibly disproportionate between both schools given the gravity of the violations. And here I thought the NCAA had it out for UM and Harbaugh? Laughable.
*ichgan got to keep their wins AND the title. tOSU vacated their wins AND it ended up costing them a national title in 2012.
At the end of the day, regardless of what your response is or the laugh react I know you'll slap in this post, it's all horseshit. The NCAA exposed the depth of the cheating yet the collective response from up north is to just laugh, shrug and essentially say "scoreboard". You're in your cult, much like 99% of tOSU fans are. Yet somehow you'd love for me to believe there is no emotional bias component.
For those of us whom integrity still means something, I suppose I should say "meant something" , were left to reconcile that money truly is now the great trump over the integrity of game we love. I'll never look at CFB the same and I certainly don't have a full heart from it that it used to bring. The greatest hilarity is that the NCAA, in their faux attempt to form "modern" punishments, has only opened themselves up to greater lawsuit liability and basically self-immolated what authority they wanted institutions to believe they had. They are a useless enterprise and I suspect this was the final nail in that coffin.
-
OSU didn't choose to forfeit wins, they were forced to.
Incorrect.
"The university had previously offered to vacate the 2010 season, return bowl money, go on two years of NCAA probation and use five fewer football scholarships over the next three years".
But that wasn't good enough for the NCAA then, was it?
When it comes down to it, the on-field competitive advantaged obtained by UM is exponentially worse than what happened at tOSU. I stress on-field, because that's what it was... on field cheating. The only thing remotely close might be if your program was loaded up with a steroid scandal. However the punishment was incredibly disproportionate between both schools given the gravity of the violations. And here I thought the NCAA had it out for UM and Harbaugh? Laughable.
*ichgan got to keep their wins AND the title. tOSU vacated their wins AND it ended up costing them a national title in 2012.
At the end of the day, regardless of what your response is or the laugh react I know you'll slap in this post, it's all horseshit. The NCAA exposed the depth of the cheating yet the collective response from up north is to just laugh, shrug and essentially say "scoreboard". You're in your cult, much like 99% of tOSU fans are. Yet somehow you'd love for me to believe there is no emotional bias component.
For those of us whom integrity still means something, I suppose I should say "meant something" , were left to reconcile that money truly is now the great trump over the integrity of game we love. I'll never look at CFB the same and I certainly don't have a full heart from it that it used to bring. The greatest hilarity is that the NCAA, in their faux attempt to form "modern" punishments, has only opened themselves up to greater lawsuit liability and basically self-immolated what authority they wanted institutions to believe they had. They are a useless enterprise and I suspect this was the final nail in that coffin.
Incorrect.
"The university had previously offered to vacate the 2010 season, return bowl money, go on two years of NCAA probation and use five fewer football scholarships over the next three years".
But that wasn't good enough for the NCAA then, was it?
When it comes down to it, the on-field competitive advantaged obtained by UM is exponentially worse than what happened at tOSU. I stress on-field, because that's what it was... on field cheating. The only thing remotely close might be if your program was loaded up with a steroid scandal. However the punishment was incredibly disproportionate between both schools given the gravity of the violations. And here I thought the NCAA had it out for UM and Harbaugh? Laughable.
*ichgan got to keep their wins AND the title. tOSU vacated their wins AND it ended up costing them a national title in 2012.
At the end of the day, regardless of what your response is or the laugh react I know you'll slap in this post, it's all horseshit. The NCAA exposed the depth of the cheating yet the collective response from up north is to just laugh, shrug and essentially say "scoreboard". You're in your cult, much like 99% of tOSU fans are. Yet somehow you'd love for me to believe there is no emotional bias component.
For those of us whom integrity still means something, I suppose I should say "meant something" , were left to reconcile that money truly is now the great trump over the integrity of game we love. I'll never look at CFB the same and I certainly don't have a full heart from it that it used to bring. The greatest hilarity is that the NCAA, in their faux attempt to form "modern" punishments, has only opened themselves up to greater lawsuit liability and basically self-immolated what authority they wanted institutions to believe they had. They are a useless enterprise and I suspect this was the final nail in that coffin.
My mistake, osu got more out in front of it than I thought. I remember the AD choosing not take a post season ban the year they were bad and then they got it the following year when they were much better
Michigan is appealing and I'm happy they are. There still isn't clear answers to the exact bylaws broken. Though the NCAA went out of their way to say colluding with teams to get signs of future opponents, you know, advanced scouting, is perfectly fine. Which is wild. No need to look into that I guess...
There's rumors of Wetzel dropping a story on how this all started. The initial source. Would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.
I'd argue playing a Heisman caliber QB you knew was ineligible was a much bigger competitive advantage...
Maybe the rest of CFB will be lucky and we'll be the final nail in the coffin for the NCAA. After them shutting down Harbaughs satellite camps, going after him for burgergate, etc. The NCAA sanctions were only what they are in this instance because, at the end of the day, they didn't have much
We'll agree to disagree. You can call me a cultist. OSU fans can continue to clutch their pearls.
Outside of seeing how the appeal goes and seeing if any other tell-all comes out, I'm pretty over it. It's clear the majority of CFB is as well while some try to make it a much bigger deal than it was.
But yeah, let fans of a school that hired freaking Youngstown Boys Tressel and "I literally coached multiple murderers and defended a domestic abuser" Meyer tell me about integrity...
-
-
No shit, is this news to you?
At least OSU cooperated with the NCAA, you know unlike the cheaters with the asterisk.
Hahahaha, tressel knowingly lied to the NCAA, what are you talking about?
And when Meyer was protecting a domestic abuser he deleted texts from his phone
How very cooperative
Hahahaha, tressel knowingly lied to the NCAA, what are you talking about?
And when Meyer was protecting a domestic abuser he deleted texts from his phone
How very cooperative
Where are you getting your info? That scUM education is shining through once again.
-
https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/news/central-michigan-connor-stalions-2023-michigan-state-game/
Sounds like CMU asked Stalions to help them out against MSU. What a bummer. Here I was hoping he went full secret agent mode and snuck onto their sidelines
-
Incorrect.
"The university had previously offered to vacate the 2010 season, return bowl money, go on two years of NCAA probation and use five fewer football scholarships over the next three years".
But that wasn't good enough for the NCAA then, was it?
When it comes down to it, the on-field competitive advantaged obtained by UM is exponentially worse than what happened at tOSU. I stress on-field, because that's what it was... on field cheating. The only thing remotely close might be if your program was loaded up with a steroid scandal. However the punishment was incredibly disproportionate between both schools given the gravity of the violations. And here I thought the NCAA had it out for UM and Harbaugh? Laughable.
*ichgan got to keep their wins AND the title. tOSU vacated their wins AND it ended up costing them a national title in 2012.
At the end of the day, regardless of what your response is or the laugh react I know you'll slap in this post, it's all horseshit. The NCAA exposed the depth of the cheating yet the collective response from up north is to just laugh, shrug and essentially say "scoreboard". You're in your cult, much like 99% of tOSU fans are. Yet somehow you'd love for me to believe there is no emotional bias component.
For those of us whom integrity still means something, I suppose I should say "meant something" , were left to reconcile that money truly is now the great trump over the integrity of game we love. I'll never look at CFB the same and I certainly don't have a full heart from it that it used to bring. The greatest hilarity is that the NCAA, in their faux attempt to form "modern" punishments, has only opened themselves up to greater lawsuit liability and basically self-immolated what authority they wanted institutions to believe they had. They are a useless enterprise and I suspect this was the final nail in that coffin.
My mistake, osu got more out in front of it than I thought. I remember the AD choosing not take a post season ban the year they were bad and then they got it the following year when they were much better
Michigan is appealing and I'm happy they are. There still isn't clear answers to the exact bylaws broken. Though the NCAA went out of their way to say colluding with teams to get signs of future opponents, you know, advanced scouting, is perfectly fine. Which is wild. No need to look into that I guess...
There's rumors of Wetzel dropping a story on how this all started. The initial source. Would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.
I'd argue playing a Heisman caliber QB you knew was ineligible was a much bigger competitive advantage...
Maybe the rest of CFB will be lucky and we'll be the final nail in the coffin for the NCAA. After them shutting down Harbaughs satellite camps, going after him for burgergate, etc. The NCAA sanctions were only what they are in this instance because, at the end of the day, they didn't have much
We'll agree to disagree. You can call me a cultist. OSU fans can continue to clutch their pearls.
Outside of seeing how the appeal goes and seeing if any other tell-all comes out, I'm pretty over it. It's clear the majority of CFB is as well while some try to make it a much bigger deal than it was.
But yeah, let fans of a school that hired freaking Youngstown Boys Tressel and "I literally coached multiple murderers and defended a domestic abuser" Meyer tell me about integrity...
But yeah, let fans of a school that hired freaking Youngstown Boys Tressel
I still don't get this comment. Is it supposed to be an insult? It almost like you didn't watch the documentary, yet you reference the title as some type of dig.
and "I literally coached multiple murderers and defended a domestic abuser" Meyer tell me about integrity...
Only murderer I was aware of is Hernandez. In which case, Aaron had a youth coach, a JV coach, a varsity coach, Urban and then Bill in New England. Are all of them somehow morally tainted because of his off-field actions?
I won't excuse Urban with Zach Smith and nobody should. He was suspended and rightfully so.
But even then, none of whom you listen compromised the teams on-field. UM staff and coaches did just that. We can agree to that, correct?
-
But yeah, let fans of a school that hired freaking Youngstown Boys Tressel
I still don't get this comment. Is it supposed to be an insult? It almost like you didn't watch the documentary, yet you reference the title as some type of dig.
and "I literally coached multiple murderers and defended a domestic abuser" Meyer tell me about integrity...
Only murderer I was aware of is Hernandez. In which case, Aaron had a youth coach, a JV coach, a varsity coach, Urban and then Bill in New England. Are all of them somehow morally tainted because of his off-field actions?
I won't excuse Urban with Zach Smith and nobody should. He was suspended and rightfully so.
But even then, none of whom you listen compromised the teams on-field. UM staff and coaches did just that. We can agree to that, correct?
I still don't get this comment. Is it supposed to be an insult? It almost like you didn't watch the documentary, yet you reference the title as some type of dig.
Only murderer I was aware of is Hernandez. In which case, Aaron had a youth coach, a JV coach, a varsity coach, Urban and then Bill in New England. Are all of them somehow morally tainted because of his off-field actions?
I won't excuse Urban with Zach Smith and nobody should. He was suspended and rightfully so.
But even then, none of whom you listen compromised the teams on-field. UM staff and coaches did just that. We can agree to that, correct?
Tressel very clearly got money and other benefits to some of his players at YSU. That continued at OSU, when we saw Pryor drive off in a brand new 350Z. Being ineligible for selling your own awards/trinkets is a stupid rule. Tressel still knowingly played players he knew were ineligible. I'd say that greatly "compromised" on field performance.
I know at least of a second guy, Joiner, that would eventually commit murder. That team was also full of criminals, etc, which is pretty known. Meyer's "circle of trust" allowed players to get away with a lot. What he carried with him to OSU, outside of his love of coeds, I do not know. Point being, Meyer clearly had multiple stains on him and he was hired anyway. So the "integrity" angle here is laughable.
I won't dig into the Zach Smith shit then if we're in agreement there. Just speaks to Meyer's character.
Michigan fired Stalions and proceeded to beat PSU, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington on the way to a national championship. How "compromised" were they?
OSU and other schools obtained the exact same information on future opponents (sign information) by colluding and sharing info.
The NCAAs NOA can't even clearly define the competitive advantage gained or the exact bylaws broken (in all but one instance, it wasn't a staff member that did the "advanced scouting"). I look forward to Michigan appealing and tearing it apart.
They won't release their singular source (though it's probably Joey Vasquez who transferred to OSU from Michigan) or name the investigative firm they say they got info from. Supposedly a story dropping in all that. I won't hold my breath but it's interesting seeing some of the rumblings right now.
-
I still don't get this comment. Is it supposed to be an insult? It almost like you didn't watch the documentary, yet you reference the title as some type of dig.
Only murderer I was aware of is Hernandez. In which case, Aaron had a youth coach, a JV coach, a varsity coach, Urban and then Bill in New England. Are all of them somehow morally tainted because of his off-field actions?
I won't excuse Urban with Zach Smith and nobody should. He was suspended and rightfully so.
But even then, none of whom you listen compromised the teams on-field. UM staff and coaches did just that. We can agree to that, correct?
Tressel very clearly got money and other benefits to some of his players at YSU. That continued at OSU, when we saw Pryor drive off in a brand new 350Z. Being ineligible for selling your own awards/trinkets is a stupid rule. Tressel still knowingly played players he knew were ineligible. I'd say that greatly "compromised" on field performance.
I know at least of a second guy, Joiner, that would eventually commit murder. That team was also full of criminals, etc, which is pretty known. Meyer's "circle of trust" allowed players to get away with a lot. What he carried with him to OSU, outside of his love of coeds, I do not know. Point being, Meyer clearly had multiple stains on him and he was hired anyway. So the "integrity" angle here is laughable.
I won't dig into the Zach Smith shit then if we're in agreement there. Just speaks to Meyer's character.
Michigan fired Stalions and proceeded to beat PSU, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington on the way to a national championship. How "compromised" were they?
OSU and other schools obtained the exact same information on future opponents (sign information) by colluding and sharing info.
The NCAAs NOA can't even clearly define the competitive advantage gained or the exact bylaws broken (in all but one instance, it wasn't a staff member that did the "advanced scouting"). I look forward to Michigan appealing and tearing it apart.
They won't release their singular source (though it's probably Joey Vasquez who transferred to OSU from Michigan) or name the investigative firm they say they got info from. Supposedly a story dropping in all that. I won't hold my breath but it's interesting seeing some of the rumblings right now.
Tressel very clearly got money and other benefits to some of his players at YSU. That continued at OSU, when we saw Pryor drive off in a brand new 350Z. Being ineligible for selling your own awards/trinkets is a stupid rule. Tressel still knowingly played players he knew were ineligible. I'd say that greatly "compromised" on field performance.
I know at least of a second guy, Joiner, that would eventually commit murder. That team was also full of criminals, etc, which is pretty known. Meyer's "circle of trust" allowed players to get away with a lot. What he carried with him to OSU, outside of his love of coeds, I do not know. Point being, Meyer clearly had multiple stains on him and he was hired anyway. So the "integrity" angle here is laughable.
I won't dig into the Zach Smith shit then if we're in agreement there. Just speaks to Meyer's character.
Michigan fired Stalions and proceeded to beat PSU, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington on the way to a national championship. How "compromised" were they?
OSU and other schools obtained the exact same information on future opponents (sign information) by colluding and sharing info.
The NCAAs NOA can't even clearly define the competitive advantage gained or the exact bylaws broken (in all but one instance, it wasn't a staff member that did the "advanced scouting"). I look forward to Michigan appealing and tearing it apart.
They won't release their singular source (though it's probably Joey Vasquez who transferred to OSU from Michigan) or name the investigative firm they say they got info from. Supposedly a story dropping in all that. I won't hold my breath but it's interesting seeing some of the rumblings right now.
A simple "No, we don't agree." Would have sufficed.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login