Skip to content

Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings

College Football Forum
455 17 13.2k 1
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    IMG_1598.jpeg

  • @canton-dawg said:

    No shit, is this news to you?

    At least OSU cooperated with the NCAA, you know unlike the cheaters with the asterisk.

    Hahahaha, tressel knowingly lied to the NCAA, what are you talking about?

    And when Meyer was protecting a domestic abuser he deleted texts from his phone 

    How very cooperative 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Hahahaha, tressel knowingly lied to the NCAA, what are you talking about?

    And when Meyer was protecting a domestic abuser he deleted texts from his phone 

    How very cooperative 

    Where are you getting your info? That scUM education is shining through once again.

    IMG_4589.jpeg

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/news/central-michigan-connor-stalions-2023-michigan-state-game/

    Sounds like CMU asked Stalions to help them out against MSU. What a bummer. Here I was hoping he went full secret agent mode and snuck onto their sidelines 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Incorrect. 

    "The university had previously offered to vacate the 2010 season, return bowl money, go on two years of NCAA probation and use five fewer football scholarships over the next three years".

     But that wasn't good enough for the NCAA then, was it?  

     When it comes down to it, the on-field competitive advantaged obtained by UM is exponentially worse than what happened at tOSU.  I stress on-field, because that's what it was... on field cheating.  The only thing remotely close might be if your program was loaded up with a steroid scandal.    However the punishment was incredibly disproportionate between both schools given the gravity of the violations.  And here I thought the NCAA had it out for UM and Harbaugh? Laughable.

     *ichgan got to keep their wins AND the title.  tOSU vacated their wins AND it ended up costing them a national title in 2012.     

     At the end of the day, regardless of what your response is or the laugh react I know you'll slap in this post, it's all horseshit.   The NCAA exposed the depth of the cheating yet the collective response from up north is to just laugh, shrug and essentially say "scoreboard".    You're in your cult, much like 99% of tOSU fans are. Yet somehow you'd love for me to believe there is no emotional bias component.  

     For those of us whom integrity still means something, I suppose I should say "meant something" , were left to reconcile that money truly is now the great trump over the integrity of game we love.    I'll never look at CFB the same and I certainly don't have a full heart from it that it used to bring.   The greatest hilarity is that the NCAA, in their faux attempt to form "modern" punishments, has only opened themselves up to greater lawsuit liability and basically self-immolated what authority they wanted institutions to believe they had.    They are a useless enterprise and I suspect this was the final nail in that coffin.

    My mistake, osu got more out in front of it than I thought. I remember the AD choosing not take a post season ban the year they were bad and then they got it the following year when they were much better

    Michigan is appealing and I'm happy they are. There still isn't clear answers to the exact bylaws broken. Though the NCAA went out of their way to say colluding with teams to get signs of future opponents, you know, advanced scouting, is perfectly fine. Which is wild. No need to look into that I guess...

    There's rumors of Wetzel dropping a story on how this all started. The initial source. Would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. 

    I'd argue playing a Heisman caliber QB you knew was ineligible was a much bigger competitive advantage...

    Maybe the rest of CFB will be lucky and we'll be the final nail in the coffin for the NCAA. After them shutting down Harbaughs satellite camps, going after him for burgergate, etc. The NCAA sanctions were only what they are in this instance because, at the end of the day, they didn't have much 

    We'll agree to disagree. You can call me a cultist. OSU fans can continue to clutch their pearls. 

    Outside of seeing how the appeal goes and seeing if any other tell-all comes out, I'm pretty over it. It's clear the majority of CFB is as well while some try to make it a much bigger deal than it was. 

    But yeah, let fans of a school that hired freaking Youngstown Boys Tressel and "I literally coached multiple murderers and defended a domestic abuser" Meyer tell me about integrity... 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    But yeah, let fans of a school that hired freaking Youngstown Boys Tressel

    I still don't get this comment. Is it supposed to be an insult?  It almost like you didn't watch the documentary, yet you reference the title as some type of dig. 

    @mld-woody said:

    and "I literally coached multiple murderers and defended a domestic abuser" Meyer tell me about integrity... 

    Only murderer I was aware of is Hernandez.  In which case, Aaron had a youth coach, a JV coach, a varsity coach, Urban and then Bill in New England.  Are all of them somehow morally tainted because of his off-field actions? 

    I won't excuse Urban with Zach Smith and nobody should. He was suspended and rightfully so. 

     But even then, none of whom you listen compromised the teams on-field.  UM staff and coaches did just that.   We can agree to that, correct? 

  • @mld-woody said:

    But yeah, let fans of a school that hired freaking Youngstown Boys Tressel

    I still don't get this comment. Is it supposed to be an insult?  It almost like you didn't watch the documentary, yet you reference the title as some type of dig. 

    @mld-woody said:

    and "I literally coached multiple murderers and defended a domestic abuser" Meyer tell me about integrity... 

    Only murderer I was aware of is Hernandez.  In which case, Aaron had a youth coach, a JV coach, a varsity coach, Urban and then Bill in New England.  Are all of them somehow morally tainted because of his off-field actions? 

    I won't excuse Urban with Zach Smith and nobody should. He was suspended and rightfully so. 

     But even then, none of whom you listen compromised the teams on-field.  UM staff and coaches did just that.   We can agree to that, correct? 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    @tiamat63 said:

    I still don't get this comment. Is it supposed to be an insult?  It almost like you didn't watch the documentary, yet you reference the title as some type of dig. 

    Only murderer I was aware of is Hernandez.  In which case, Aaron had a youth coach, a JV coach, a varsity coach, Urban and then Bill in New England.  Are all of them somehow morally tainted because of his off-field actions? 

    I won't excuse Urban with Zach Smith and nobody should. He was suspended and rightfully so. 

     But even then, none of whom you listen compromised the teams on-field.  UM staff and coaches did just that.   We can agree to that, correct? 

    Tressel very clearly got money and other benefits to some of his players at YSU. That continued at OSU, when we saw Pryor drive off in a brand new 350Z. Being ineligible for selling your own awards/trinkets is a stupid rule. Tressel still knowingly played players he knew were ineligible. I'd say that greatly "compromised" on field performance. 

    I know at least of a second guy, Joiner, that would eventually commit murder. That team was also full of criminals, etc, which is pretty known. Meyer's "circle of trust" allowed players to get away with a lot. What he carried with him to OSU, outside of his love of coeds, I do not know. Point being, Meyer clearly had multiple stains on him and he was hired anyway. So the "integrity" angle here is laughable. 

    I won't dig into the Zach Smith shit then if we're in agreement there. Just speaks to Meyer's character. 

    Michigan fired Stalions and proceeded to beat PSU, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington on the way to a national championship. How "compromised" were they? 

    OSU and other schools obtained the exact same information on future opponents (sign information) by colluding and sharing info. 

    The NCAAs NOA can't even clearly define the competitive advantage gained or the exact bylaws broken (in all but one instance, it wasn't a staff member that did the "advanced scouting"). I look forward to Michigan appealing and tearing it apart. 

    They won't release their singular source (though it's probably Joey Vasquez who transferred to OSU from Michigan) or name the investigative firm they say they got info from. Supposedly a story dropping in all that. I won't hold my breath but it's interesting seeing some of the rumblings right now. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I still don't get this comment. Is it supposed to be an insult?  It almost like you didn't watch the documentary, yet you reference the title as some type of dig. 

    Only murderer I was aware of is Hernandez.  In which case, Aaron had a youth coach, a JV coach, a varsity coach, Urban and then Bill in New England.  Are all of them somehow morally tainted because of his off-field actions? 

    I won't excuse Urban with Zach Smith and nobody should. He was suspended and rightfully so. 

     But even then, none of whom you listen compromised the teams on-field.  UM staff and coaches did just that.   We can agree to that, correct? 

    Tressel very clearly got money and other benefits to some of his players at YSU. That continued at OSU, when we saw Pryor drive off in a brand new 350Z. Being ineligible for selling your own awards/trinkets is a stupid rule. Tressel still knowingly played players he knew were ineligible. I'd say that greatly "compromised" on field performance. 

    I know at least of a second guy, Joiner, that would eventually commit murder. That team was also full of criminals, etc, which is pretty known. Meyer's "circle of trust" allowed players to get away with a lot. What he carried with him to OSU, outside of his love of coeds, I do not know. Point being, Meyer clearly had multiple stains on him and he was hired anyway. So the "integrity" angle here is laughable. 

    I won't dig into the Zach Smith shit then if we're in agreement there. Just speaks to Meyer's character. 

    Michigan fired Stalions and proceeded to beat PSU, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington on the way to a national championship. How "compromised" were they? 

    OSU and other schools obtained the exact same information on future opponents (sign information) by colluding and sharing info. 

    The NCAAs NOA can't even clearly define the competitive advantage gained or the exact bylaws broken (in all but one instance, it wasn't a staff member that did the "advanced scouting"). I look forward to Michigan appealing and tearing it apart. 

    They won't release their singular source (though it's probably Joey Vasquez who transferred to OSU from Michigan) or name the investigative firm they say they got info from. Supposedly a story dropping in all that. I won't hold my breath but it's interesting seeing some of the rumblings right now. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Tressel very clearly got money and other benefits to some of his players at YSU. That continued at OSU, when we saw Pryor drive off in a brand new 350Z. Being ineligible for selling your own awards/trinkets is a stupid rule. Tressel still knowingly played players he knew were ineligible. I'd say that greatly "compromised" on field performance. 

    I know at least of a second guy, Joiner, that would eventually commit murder. That team was also full of criminals, etc, which is pretty known. Meyer's "circle of trust" allowed players to get away with a lot. What he carried with him to OSU, outside of his love of coeds, I do not know. Point being, Meyer clearly had multiple stains on him and he was hired anyway. So the "integrity" angle here is laughable. 

    I won't dig into the Zach Smith shit then if we're in agreement there. Just speaks to Meyer's character. 

    Michigan fired Stalions and proceeded to beat PSU, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington on the way to a national championship. How "compromised" were they? 

    OSU and other schools obtained the exact same information on future opponents (sign information) by colluding and sharing info. 

    The NCAAs NOA can't even clearly define the competitive advantage gained or the exact bylaws broken (in all but one instance, it wasn't a staff member that did the "advanced scouting"). I look forward to Michigan appealing and tearing it apart. 

    They won't release their singular source (though it's probably Joey Vasquez who transferred to OSU from Michigan) or name the investigative firm they say they got info from. Supposedly a story dropping in all that. I won't hold my breath but it's interesting seeing some of the rumblings right now. 

    A simple "No, we don't agree."  Would have sufficed. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    Well Arch stunk! GO BUCS!!

  • Well Arch stunk! GO BUCS!!

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Well Arch stunk! GO BUCS!!

    Didn't know you're a Tampa fan

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    adopted.jpg

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by

    image.thumb.png.683bf6f202adba6e2fbfd864262b6abc.png

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    IMG_1641.jpeg

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    IMG_9743.jpg

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @vaportrail said:

    image.thumb.png.683bf6f202adba6e2fbfd864262b6abc.png

    "Down went Arch, Down went Arch!!-Howard Cosell

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    IMG_9743.jpg

    It’s probably his Natty nipple ring.

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    IMG_9743.jpg

    Only she men would notice this, lmao!

  • @mld-woody said:

    IMG_9743.jpg

    Only she men would notice this, lmao!

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Only she men would notice this, lmao!

    Maybe they'll put that in the Barbie Doll Sequel for Woody.  Speaking of which, when Michigan lost their 2nd game already out at USC - rumor had it all of the Michigan fans that made the trip decided they'd rather go see where Barbie was filmed. It's a strange bunch up there in Annie's Arbor...

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    IMG_1904.jpeg

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Only she men would notice this, lmao!

    Maybe they'll put that in the Barbie Doll Sequel for Woody.  Speaking of which, when Michigan lost their 2nd game already out at USC - rumor had it all of the Michigan fans that made the trip decided they'd rather go see where Barbie was filmed. It's a strange bunch up there in Annie's Arbor...

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    @flugel said:

    Maybe they'll put that in the Barbie Doll Sequel for Woody.  Speaking of which, when Michigan lost their 2nd game already out at USC - rumor had it all of the Michigan fans that made the trip decided they'd rather go see where Barbie was filmed. It's a strange bunch up there in Annie's Arbor...

    You've got a strange obsession with this...

    If you're that insecure in your own masculinity you should probably work on it. Never too late. 

  • @flugel said:

    Maybe they'll put that in the Barbie Doll Sequel for Woody.  Speaking of which, when Michigan lost their 2nd game already out at USC - rumor had it all of the Michigan fans that made the trip decided they'd rather go see where Barbie was filmed. It's a strange bunch up there in Annie's Arbor...

    You've got a strange obsession with this...

    If you're that insecure in your own masculinity you should probably work on it. Never too late. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    You've got a strange obsession with this...

    If you're that insecure in your own masculinity you should probably work on it. Never too late. 

    does it really matter woody ? come December The Buckeyes will once again be in the playoffs on their way to A National Championship while your team will be playing in the san diego credit union bowl 

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by

    No one talking about this impossible catch ?

    Freakin' unbelievable   .   .   .  guy's a 1st Rounder right now.

    Not the first time I've seen him make World Class receptions   .   .   .   

    Tate's amazing as well (coming out this year I believe).