Skip to content

Lumnuts and QB Ratings

The Browns Board
31 18 2.5k
  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #7

    Lums has always used screwed up math to demonstrate DAs greatness...gets me crackin up every time! 😉

    Wonder what he will come up with when BQ is much more consistant and has a qb rating of 125 or so?

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #8

    How many Pro-Bowls does Pretty Boy Check Down have? I've seem to have forgotten.

  • B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @danamal said:

    ESPN on our QB situation prior to week one from youtube

    Entertainment

    Sports

    Propaganda

    Network

    🙄 :rolleyes: 🙄

  • How many Pro-Bowls does Pretty Boy Check Down have? I've seem to have forgotten.

    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by Vegasdogg
    #10

    @d-bone said:

    How many Pro-Bowls does Pretty Boy Check Down have? I've seem to have forgotten.

    I'm sorry that DC's didn't get the memo that DA went to a pro-bowl, but when the guy with the rocket arm can't break 167 yards passing - 167 yards!!! - in six of nine starts in 2008, the pro-bowl doesn't mean shit.

    How sad is that - rocket arm but can't break 167 yards passing?!?!

    He used his "I went to a pro-bowl so I start" card last season.

  • C cmac12 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    What are you trying to say? Our new Shitty Qb is still not as shitty as our old Shitty QB?

  • What are you trying to say? Our new Shitty Qb is still not as shitty as our old Shitty QB?

    S smalls1129 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @cmac12 said:

    What are you trying to say? Our new Shitty Qb is still not as shitty as our old Shitty QB?

    "So what we're saying is there's a chance!!!!

  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @danamal said:

    QB ratings my ass,

    Just win on Sunday and show me you want the ball when the game is on the line.

    What is this?

    I thought you were part of shep's "BQ Stat Fluffer Club"?

  • Lumquat has gotta be a ditsy chick in love.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by Lumbergh
    #14

    @riffer-x said:

    Lumquat has gotta be a ditsy chick in love.

    yeah we need to take the bias out of these analyses...

    BTW QueeferX thanks for explaining in the other thread how you "wiped out" Quinnie's perfect pass in stride to Vikings DB Cedric Griffin, gave him a TD for a non-TD, revealed that the fumblerooski was because of hot sweaty palms on a hot day, and proclaimed the empty-stadium-special to Robert Royal was legit and came solely from his love of the team because he had a kosar jersey on in a photo when he was 5.

  • D DeadWombat wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I thought its pretty obvious that Lumnuts is less about common sense and more about pissing people off.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Lumquat has gotta be a ditsy chick in love.

    yeah we need to take the bias out of these analyses...

    BTW QueeferX thanks for explaining in the other thread how you "wiped out" Quinnie's perfect pass in stride to Vikings DB Cedric Griffin, gave him a TD for a non-TD, revealed that the fumblerooski was because of hot sweaty palms on a hot day, and proclaimed the empty-stadium-special to Robert Royal was legit and came solely from his love of the team because he had a kosar jersey on in a photo when he was 5.

    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @lumbergh said:

    yeah we need to take the bias out of these analyses...

    Six games last season and your rocket armed loverboy couldn't surpass 167 yards passing in any of them. 90% of the runningbacks in the league avg'd more yards rushing per play than he did passing in those games. 20 turnovers per season put him on the bench. Defensive coordinators obviously didn't have to resort to biased analysis, and they must not have gotten the memo he'd won 10 games and went to a pro-bowl the year before.

  • C cmac12 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I think DA is done in Cleveland as well. But, BQ most certainly did not do anything to reinforce that belief. It is one game, but it was one bad game.

    He will have many more games to prove that he is more good BQ than bad BQ but to date we have seen good BQ once and bad twice. I know that he has had only 4 starts in the NFL but to date his first four starts are worse than DA's first four starts. So until BQ actually plays well for a number of games you will have people asking for the back up. Sound familiar?

    Nothing is going to quite Lum like BQ actually playing anywhere close to what people on this board said he would do from day one. Besides, if you want to start comparing BQ's play to something why not compare it to QB's you actually think are good. Not when they were 4 games into their careers but now as veterans. Because that is the evaluation that many used on DA. I recall people pooh poohing any comparisions where DA was involved when looking at developing a young QB. So if ou want to compare BQ to a manning then do it based on what they can do now. That is fair because that is what you did to DA.

    Right now the only argument I see people making is that DA sucked and yea BQ has sucked also but we don't know if he will suck every game. And the perfect cockpit that DA had in 2007 is supposed to be better now. Better receviers, better OL players and a much improved coaching staff. Like I said have BQ string together a few good games in a row and that will shut up his critics, it most certainly did (haha) when DA strung together several good games; well at least until the QB strings together several bad games (and no Shep it is not 18 bad games in a row).

  • I think DA is done in Cleveland as well. But, BQ most certainly did not do anything to reinforce that belief. It is one game, but it was one bad game.

    He will have many more games to prove that he is more good BQ than bad BQ but to date we have seen good BQ once and bad twice. I know that he has had only 4 starts in the NFL but to date his first four starts are worse than DA's first four starts. So until BQ actually plays well for a number of games you will have people asking for the back up. Sound familiar?

    Nothing is going to quite Lum like BQ actually playing anywhere close to what people on this board said he would do from day one. Besides, if you want to start comparing BQ's play to something why not compare it to QB's you actually think are good. Not when they were 4 games into their careers but now as veterans. Because that is the evaluation that many used on DA. I recall people pooh poohing any comparisions where DA was involved when looking at developing a young QB. So if ou want to compare BQ to a manning then do it based on what they can do now. That is fair because that is what you did to DA.

    Right now the only argument I see people making is that DA sucked and yea BQ has sucked also but we don't know if he will suck every game. And the perfect cockpit that DA had in 2007 is supposed to be better now. Better receviers, better OL players and a much improved coaching staff. Like I said have BQ string together a few good games in a row and that will shut up his critics, it most certainly did (haha) when DA strung together several good games; well at least until the QB strings together several bad games (and no Shep it is not 18 bad games in a row).

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @cmac12 said:

    I think DA is done in Cleveland as well. But, BQ most certainly did not do anything to reinforce that belief. It is one game, but it was one bad game.

    He will have many more games to prove that he is more good BQ than bad BQ but to date we have seen good BQ once and bad twice. I know that he has had only 4 starts in the NFL but to date his first four starts are worse than DA's first four starts. So until BQ actually plays well for a number of games you will have people asking for the back up. Sound familiar?

    Nothing is going to quite Lum like BQ actually playing anywhere close to what people on this board said he would do from day one. Besides, if you want to start comparing BQ's play to something why not compare it to QB's you actually think are good. Not when they were 4 games into their careers but now as veterans. Because that is the evaluation that many used on DA. I recall people pooh poohing any comparisions where DA was involved when looking at developing a young QB. So if ou want to compare BQ to a manning then do it based on what they can do now. That is fair because that is what you did to DA.

    Right now the only argument I see people making is that DA sucked and yea BQ has sucked also but we don't know if he will suck every game. And the perfect cockpit that DA had in 2007 is supposed to be better now. Better receviers, better OL players and a much improved coaching staff. Like I said have BQ string together a few good games in a row and that will shut up his critics, it most certainly did (haha) when DA strung together several good games; well at least until the QB strings together several bad games (and no Shep it is not 18 bad games in a row).

    Pretty much a terrible post all around, sorry c. You made about everything up.

  • How many Pro-Bowls does Pretty Boy Check Down have? I've seem to have forgotten.

    L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @d-bone said:

    How many Pro-Bowls does Pretty Boy Check Down have? I've seem to have forgotten.

    And that has translated into how many Playoff and Superbowl wins?

    Was Derek at the Pro-Bowl last year? I forget.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @danamal said:

    Why is there so many douchey attitudes in here lately?

    Because the people who aren't big BQ fans have something to use and the BQ fans are a bit miffed by his play even if they won't admit it at this point.

    The best think that can happen is for Quinn to step it up about 3 games in a row.

    If he is journeyman like for a few games, wait and see how testy it gets then...this will seem like a love-in.

  • @danamal said:

    Why is there so many douchey attitudes in here lately?

    Because the people who aren't big BQ fans have something to use and the BQ fans are a bit miffed by his play even if they won't admit it at this point.

    The best think that can happen is for Quinn to step it up about 3 games in a row.

    If he is journeyman like for a few games, wait and see how testy it gets then...this will seem like a love-in.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @ballpeen said:

    Because the people who aren't big BQ fans have something to use and the BQ fans are a bit miffed by his play even if they won't admit it at this point.

    The best think that can happen is for Quinn to step it up about 3 games in a row.

    If he is journeyman like for a few games, wait and see how testy it gets then...this will seem like a love-in.

    I'm not miffed about Quinn's play. It was a rough 4th career start against a very good D (one in which Rogers, P. Manning, and D. Brees had a rough go against last season). I am not happy with his game, but it's one game. I am miffedby irrational responses to his game SUN, revisionist history of the events of the game, and comparisons of peoples reactions to Quinn's showing in his 4th NFL start to peoples reactions to DA in career starts 19~26.

    Now if Quinn's play continues to look like that, I'll be miffed.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Because the people who aren't big BQ fans have something to use and the BQ fans are a bit miffed by his play even if they won't admit it at this point.

    The best think that can happen is for Quinn to step it up about 3 games in a row.

    If he is journeyman like for a few games, wait and see how testy it gets then...this will seem like a love-in.

    I'm not miffed about Quinn's play. It was a rough 4th career start against a very good D (one in which Rogers, P. Manning, and D. Brees had a rough go against last season). I am not happy with his game, but it's one game. I am miffedby irrational responses to his game SUN, revisionist history of the events of the game, and comparisons of peoples reactions to Quinn's showing in his 4th NFL start to peoples reactions to DA in career starts 19~26.

    Now if Quinn's play continues to look like that, I'll be miffed.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #22

    Masters said:

    I'm not miffed about Quinn's play.

    Me neither Masters. Keep up the good work straightening out those in need.

    I've watched DA transition from the good to the bad to the ugly. He was working on f-ugly; but Quinn is such a GREAT young man he saved DA from embarassing himself further. That's what special players do for their teammates and BACKUPS. If you don't want to call him a good leader - that's okay folks. Just don't tell me he's not a great kid.

    - Tom F.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #23

    mikeyP72 said:

    Shep, Inspecta, Vegas- Why are you still acknowledging him and instigating him?

    He's a little twat. Ignore him, Im tired of reading this sh!t.

    dont you know? ignoring them doesn't work. just ask vegas.....he seems to know everything about the tubes.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Lumquat has gotta be a ditsy chick in love.

    yeah we need to take the bias out of these analyses...

    BTW QueeferX thanks for explaining in the other thread how you "wiped out" Quinnie's perfect pass in stride to Vikings DB Cedric Griffin, gave him a TD for a non-TD, revealed that the fumblerooski was because of hot sweaty palms on a hot day, and proclaimed the empty-stadium-special to Robert Royal was legit and came solely from his love of the team because he had a kosar jersey on in a photo when he was 5.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #24

    @lumbergh said:

    yeah we need to take the bias out of these analyses...

    That's no different than you blaming Hurricane Ike, Mother Nature, Jack Frost, and some concussion or coma you invented for your hometown hero.

    - Tom F.

  • @cmac12 said:

    I think DA is done in Cleveland as well. But, BQ most certainly did not do anything to reinforce that belief. It is one game, but it was one bad game.

    He will have many more games to prove that he is more good BQ than bad BQ but to date we have seen good BQ once and bad twice. I know that he has had only 4 starts in the NFL but to date his first four starts are worse than DA's first four starts. So until BQ actually plays well for a number of games you will have people asking for the back up. Sound familiar?

    Nothing is going to quite Lum like BQ actually playing anywhere close to what people on this board said he would do from day one. Besides, if you want to start comparing BQ's play to something why not compare it to QB's you actually think are good. Not when they were 4 games into their careers but now as veterans. Because that is the evaluation that many used on DA. I recall people pooh poohing any comparisions where DA was involved when looking at developing a young QB. So if ou want to compare BQ to a manning then do it based on what they can do now. That is fair because that is what you did to DA.

    Right now the only argument I see people making is that DA sucked and yea BQ has sucked also but we don't know if he will suck every game. And the perfect cockpit that DA had in 2007 is supposed to be better now. Better receviers, better OL players and a much improved coaching staff. Like I said have BQ string together a few good games in a row and that will shut up his critics, it most certainly did (haha) when DA strung together several good games; well at least until the QB strings together several bad games (and no Shep it is not 18 bad games in a row).

    Pretty much a terrible post all around, sorry c. You made about everything up.

    C cmac12 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    AdaM said:

    Pretty much a terrible post all around, sorry c. You made about everything up.

    what did I make up?

    BQ played very good against Denver (1 good game) and bad against Houston and Minnasota (2 bad games). I personally gave a pass on his not good performance against Buffalo because the Browns won that game and DA got a pass on Buffalo in 2007 by most.

    BQ's first 4 games are worse statistacially than DA's first 4 starts. That is entirely true. DA played 1 very good game, 1 bad game and 2 decent games

    BQ

    Brady Quinn 23 35 239 2 0

    Brady Quinn 14 36 185 0 0

    Brady Quinn 8 18 94 0 2

    Brady Quinn 21 35 205 1 1

    DA

    D. Anderson 21/37 276 1 1

    D. Anderson 23/32 223 2 2

    D. Anderson 10/27 123 0 4

    D. Anderson 20/33 328 5 1

    Do you really not think that the best way to shut Lum up is to have BQ string together a few good performances? What is untrue about that and made up about that?

    Is it not true that this is a better coached team than the Rac and roll team? Should be a better OL, has more talented receivers (except TE) and for sure a better defense. I am not sure what I made up and why I was off base. I do not think that BQ should be benched, I just think that he needs to string some good games together to shut people up including me.

    I don't think that anything I said was wrong. If it was point it out to me. BQ and DA pretty much had the same rating after their first 3 starts at the age of 24 and on a 4 and 12 team. Start number 4 easily goes to DA (yes Minnesota is a better team than Cincinnati but then again Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Tampa are better than Denver, Buffalo and Houston).

    Tampa in 2006 was in 2 8 final 10 games

    Baltimore in 2006 was 9 2 in final 11 games

    Pittsburgh in 2006 was 6 5 in final 11 games

    Denver in 2008 was 4 7 in final 11 games

    Buffalo in 2008 was 3 8 in final 11 games

    Houston in 2008 was 7 4 in final 11 games

    So when DA faced Baltimore they were on a roll, Pittsburgh was decent and Tampa (the team DA sucked against) was in a spiral.

    When BQ faced Denver they were in a downward fall and the same goes for when the Browns played Buffalo. BQs worst game was against Houston who was on a upward trend.

    When taking in to account the competition I pretty much called the first 3 starts a draw.

    Dont understand what I said that was so far off base that you can not at least see where I am coming from.

  • C cmac12 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @inspecta said:

    cmac is one of those second tier DA fags that really doesn't have anything interesting to say and his arguments get shot down like skippy at ladies night.

    Really? That is interesting. I have not seen anything I said shot down except for somebody saying it was not true. At least when Flugs argues with me he backs up what he says with numbers and he makes some valid points.

    I am not sitting here saying that DA should be the starter in Cleveland. He shouldn't, he needs to be traded. BQ is the starter and needs to be. I am just comparing a QB that obviously sucks and lacks "it" to a QB that has all the talent, brains and "it" factor that you could want at similar ages, in similar situations and with a similar team. Nobody can know what BQ is right now. He has 4 starts, my point is that up to now if what you DEMAND out of your QB is excellence then BQ has done a slightly worse job of it than DA did at the same stage in his career.

    You could probably make the argument that the 2006 team had less talent than the 2008 team, though they did have the same record but the 2008 team was injury riddled. When BQ gets to start number 19 then I am really hoping that he does better than DA did in his start number 19, 20 and 21. We will not know that until the end of this year and next year.

    If you want me to become a lum I can do that for you and I can do a better job of it than Lum does. He has no creativity. At least I would use real stats, though I would make them fit my side better than he does.

    Really all BQ has to do is play well. If he does not play well then he is just fueling the fire. But if you want I will start calling people names instead of trying to respond to them. It will be easier and take far less time and thought.

    And I have generally found that people either thank me for my posts or just don't respond to them. I think it was masters that disagreed with me about BQ playing a Horrible game against Minnesota and he changed my stance from horrible to just bad. I am not unreasonable but if you want me to be I can be a bigger douche than Lum. But I really don't want to be because I already think he ruins any good discussions because they get side tracked.

    But if that is what you want I will do it.

    But I was watching the game and hoping to see something good. I did not expect the Browns to win that game but I thought that the defense actually played pretty good overall. Just on the field too long when the offense goes 3 or 4 and out I think it was 7 out of 12 possessions. I don't know for sure but I posted the stats of the futility on another post.

    1 03:32 CLE 49 8 31 Field Goal

    1 02:29 CLE 22 4 -4 Punt

    2 02:07 CLE 14 3 -4 Punt

    2 05:12 CLE 25 9 73 Field Goal

    2 01:42 CLE 42 3 5 Punt

    2 00:00 CLE 19 1 67 Joshua Cribbs 67 Yard Punt Return

    2 01:04 CLE 39 3 1 End of Half

    3 01:29 CLE 28 3 22 Intercepted Pass

    3 02:51 CLE 19 7 30 Punt

    4 01:42 CLE 27 4 7 Fumble

    4 00:44 CLE 26 3 3 Punt

    4 01:11 CLE 19 6 17 Downs

    4 02:35 CLE 20 9 80 Touchdown

    I mean I must be crazy there was 2 good drives there and 1 was against the prevent defense. Not sure why I would be critical. I am sorry, BQ is great. Would not trade him for anybody.

    And please show me anywhere since even before BQ was named the starter that I have said DA should start. I am pretty sure I have said DA should had been pulled last year before the bye week. And I am sure I have said that if the competition was close that BQ must start. And I am pretty sure I have said that BQ should continue to start because it has only been one game.

    But if you want to call me a second tier DA fag then I can call for BQs head. Hell if he continues to play like he is it will be an easy argument. Again, nothing you or anybody else says matters. To shut people up BQ MUST actually play a few good games in a row. So far he has played ONE very good game, 2 bad games and one game that was just good enough.