Skip to content

** The "Official" ?  ▪︎ AFC WILD CARD ▪︎ BROWNS (-2½) -at- Texans  ?  Sat. Jan. 13 *(Rev. 1/13/2024) **

The Browns Board
445 38 16.4k 1
  • ★★ The latest AFC / NFC    ●  WILD CARD WEEKEND  NEWS  ●   Revised  1/13/2024  11:00 am  ●

    ★★   ~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~  ★★

    ** The "Official" ?  ▪︎ AFC WILD CARD ▪︎ BROWNS **(-2½) -at- Texans  ?  Jan. 13 at 4:30 pm.  **(Rev. 1/13, 11:00 am.)

     **(O/U 44½)

    * Day/time to be determined late  

    ●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●

    ★★  Super Wild Card Weekend  ★ ★  ... all ready to go !   *(Rev. 1/13)

    SO,  there you go  with the two favorites on the  BYE  weeks  Baltimore & San Francisco. 

    ★★  AFC  Wild-Card  Matchups  ★★         

    AFC
    (7) Steelers at (2) Bills -- Sunday, Jan. 14 (1 p.m. ET on CBS, Paramount+)

    ●~~~~~~~~~~●
    (6) Dolphins at (3) Chiefs -- Saturday, Jan. 13 (8:15 p.m. ET on Peacock)
    ★★  (5) Browns at (4) Texans  ★★ -- Saturday, Jan. 13 (4:30 p.m. ET on NBC, fubo)  <--●  our BROWNS playoff spot !

    Bye: Ravens.

    NFC wild-card matchups

    NFC 
    (7) Packers at (2) Cowboys -- Sunday, Jan. 14, 4:30 p.m. ET (Fox, fubo)
    (6) Rams at (3) Lions -- Sunday, Jan. 14, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC, fubo)

    ●~~~~~~~~~~●
    (5) Eagles at (4) Buccaneers -- Monday, Jan. 15, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN/ABC, fubo)

    Bye: 49ers 

    .......  edit add  #1  .......     

    ~       And want   *one more pointer*    for you guys out there ...  how about this one,  from mjp :

    USATSI_22174053-768x459.jpg

    Screenshot_2024-01-13_130608.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @dutch-oven said:

    ★★ The latest AFC / NFC    ●  WILD CARD WEEKEND  NEWS  ●   Revised  1/13/2024  11:00 am  ●

    ★★   ~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~  ★★

    ** The "Official" ?  ▪︎ AFC WILD CARD ▪︎ BROWNS **(-2½) -at- Texans  ?  Jan. 13 at 4:30 pm.  **(Rev. 1/13, 11:00 am.)

     **(O/U 44½)

    * Day/time to be determined late  

    ●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●

    ★★  Super Wild Card Weekend  ★ ★  ... all ready to go !   *(Rev. 1/13)

    SO,  there you go  with the two favorites on the  BYE  weeks  Baltimore & San Francisco. 

    ★★  AFC  Wild-Card  Matchups  ★★         

    AFC
    (7) Steelers at (2) Bills -- Sunday, Jan. 14 (1 p.m. ET on CBS, Paramount+)

    ●~~~~~~~~~~●
    (6) Dolphins at (3) Chiefs -- Saturday, Jan. 13 (8:15 p.m. ET on Peacock)
    ★★  (5) Browns at (4) Texans  ★★ -- Saturday, Jan. 13 (4:30 p.m. ET on NBC, fubo)  <--●  our BROWNS playoff spot !

    Bye: Ravens.

    NFC wild-card matchups

    NFC 
    (7) Packers at (2) Cowboys -- Sunday, Jan. 14, 4:30 p.m. ET (Fox, fubo)
    (6) Rams at (3) Lions -- Sunday, Jan. 14, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC, fubo)

    ●~~~~~~~~~~●
    (5) Eagles at (4) Buccaneers -- Monday, Jan. 15, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN/ABC, fubo)

    Bye: 49ers 

    .......  edit add  #1  .......     

    ~       And want   *one more pointer*    for you guys out there ...  how about this one,  from mjp :

    USATSI_22174053-768x459.jpg

    Screenshot_2024-01-13_130608.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #94

    .....  edit add  #1  &  #2  .....  How about that  !

    Joe Flacco in Wild Card games W W W W W

    Flacco is 5-0 SU and 5-0 ATS.

    @Browns.  -2.5 at Texans.

    USATSI_22174053-768x459.jpg

    Screenshot_2024-01-13_130608.jpg

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #95

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #96

    GDv2-Q8bQAAgykO.jpg.77c9900d6b0ff8695b3186c03d75c67b.jpg

    searching Tex

    GDv3DUVWQAAkXKP.jpg.3e25644d53eb7b575d4907f24b1f8743.jpg

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #97

    I figured that John Kelly being up meant Strong wasn't playing.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #98

    i've been paceing around the house for this past half hour . Gotta start drinking 

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #99

    LETS FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOO

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    All this tv chatter of making this game the COTY winner... Blow me !

    time for some Browns radio network..  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/radio No Quit, Jim Donovan makes 1st Road trip 

    Chick'in Wings ✅/ Beer ✅/ Browns Xmas Hockey Jersey ✅

    Going to miss 1 PM NFL kickoffs .. don't over think it 

  • GDv2-Q8bQAAgykO.jpg.77c9900d6b0ff8695b3186c03d75c67b.jpg

    searching Tex

    GDv3DUVWQAAkXKP.jpg.3e25644d53eb7b575d4907f24b1f8743.jpg

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    GDv2-Q8bQAAgykO.jpg.77c9900d6b0ff8695b3186c03d75c67b.jpg

    searching Tex

    GDv3DUVWQAAkXKP.jpg.3e25644d53eb7b575d4907f24b1f8743.jpg

    I hope we're okay without Dustin Hopkins.  We must be because I almost typed Hoffman.  

  • All this tv chatter of making this game the COTY winner... Blow me !

    time for some Browns radio network..  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/radio No Quit, Jim Donovan makes 1st Road trip 

    Chick'in Wings ✅/ Beer ✅/ Browns Xmas Hockey Jersey ✅

    Going to miss 1 PM NFL kickoffs .. don't over think it 

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    All this tv chatter of making this game the COTY winner... Blow me !

    time for some Browns radio network..  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/radio

    Chick'in Wings ✅/ Beer ✅/ Browns Xmas Hockey Jersey ✅

    Going to miss 1 PM NFL kickoffs  

    I thought the individual awards were all regular season awards, and postseason didn’t factor in voting

  • @gumby73 said:

    GDv2-Q8bQAAgykO.jpg.77c9900d6b0ff8695b3186c03d75c67b.jpg

    searching Tex

    GDv3DUVWQAAkXKP.jpg.3e25644d53eb7b575d4907f24b1f8743.jpg

    I hope we're okay without Dustin Hopkins.  We must be because I almost typed Hoffman.  

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @flugel said:

    I hope we're okay without Dustin Hopkins.  We must be because I almost typed Hoffman.  

    The kicker we got has a reliable enough track record, in a dome should be fine 

    Also why is driskel inactive, avp said he was the qb2…or did I hallucinate

  • @flugel said:

    I hope we're okay without Dustin Hopkins.  We must be because I almost typed Hoffman.  

    The kicker we got has a reliable enough track record, in a dome should be fine 

    Also why is driskel inactive, avp said he was the qb2…or did I hallucinate

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    The kicker we got has a reliable enough track record, in a dome should be fine 

    ? ? ?

  • @flugel said:

    I hope we're okay without Dustin Hopkins.  We must be because I almost typed Hoffman.  

    The kicker we got has a reliable enough track record, in a dome should be fine 

    Also why is driskel inactive, avp said he was the qb2…or did I hallucinate

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    The kicker we got has a reliable enough track record, in a dome should be fine 

    Also why is driskel inactive, avp said he was the qb2…or did I hallucinate

    Something must have happend these past 3 days

    Browns name Jeff Driskel backup QB over P.J. Walker heading into wild-card game

  • @gumby73 said:

    All this tv chatter of making this game the COTY winner... Blow me !

    time for some Browns radio network..  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/radio

    Chick'in Wings ✅/ Beer ✅/ Browns Xmas Hockey Jersey ✅

    Going to miss 1 PM NFL kickoffs  

    I thought the individual awards were all regular season awards, and postseason didn’t factor in voting

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    I thought the individual awards were all regular season awards, and postseason didn’t factor in voting

    this is the same thoughts I have ^^ votes are already in.. TV pregame says anything to hold TV viewers

  • sydS syd

    i've been paceing around the house for this past half hour . Gotta start drinking 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    i've been paceing around the house for this past half hour . Gotta start drinking 

    My poor wife is gonna think her name is Anita Beer REAL soon.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    How is everyone FEELING about this game today? The last 2-3 games I had a pretty good feel for, but I don't have a handle on this one at ALL. It's almost like very few outcomes would surprise me, ya know? I could see a tight ass game where it comes down to a kick with the backup kicker, I could visualize a game where Stroud absolutely lights us up and we're playing catchup all day, and I can just as easy come up with a scenario where we get them in a bind and win handily. 

    What I don't like:

    It's a road playoff game and our team has not been lights out on the road, especially the defensive side of things. We play MUCH better at home, which is true of many teams, but it's especially evident in our efforts this season. 

    Texans have their starting DL today. Greenard got hurt almost immediately last time, and Rankins is also playing. They're healthy up front and that's going to change just about everything in terms of time throw, potential fumbles (Flacco has 4), and forcing the ball into dangerous windows resulting in INT's. 

    Texans don't give up rushing yards. I don't remember the stat, but they haven't given up a 100 yard rusher in just about forever. If you have Flacco pass the ball 50 times with a high percentage of 3rd and longs, it's asking for trouble. CAN he deliver? Absolutely, but getting SOME ground game going will be essential to keeping Texans off guard and having more manageable down and distance. 

    Stroud. I won't lie, he terrifies me. Why? So glad you asked! He does NOT turn it over. My dude has 5 INT's on the season, which is borderline stupid because he drives the ball down the field and he takes calculated risks. Having about a 5-1 touchdown to INT ratio is bonkers, for anyone, let alone a rookie. Stroud isn't a burner, but he's plenty quick and he looks to strike down the field. When you watch our games, you see opponents running wide open down the field, but the pressure prevents qb's from finding them. Don't be surprised if Stroud connects on a couple deep scores. 

    What I LIKE. 

    Enough of the doom and gloom and giving respect. What wares do WE have that causes THEM problems? 

    Amari Cooper. We know about his record setting day, and while I don't expect THAT, I do see him being highly effective. He's just so talented. 

    Njoku. I expect 8-10 catches for big yards and at least one td. We need his hands to stay soft and those TE screens to pop. We've been very close to busting one. 

    Joe Flacco. Flacco is tied for the league most wildcard victories AND road playoff wins. He's hot and he's feeling it. He stays away from the flukey picks and fumbles, and we'll win. 

    Myles Garrett. Now, traditionally Tunsil gives Myles fits. Schwartz will move him all over the field to get an advantage, but I need a superhuman effort from Garrett today. Not only that, but a game-changing play. Strip sack, INT, whatever. We need our freak to be freaky. 

    Lastly, Stroud struggled the most against man coverage and pressure, the Browns identity. We play our style, and we should be able to frustrate them. 

    Sorry for the ridiculous novel on things you all already knew, but it's helping to calm my nerves and take us closer to kickoff. Can't wait! No matter what, maybe my favorite season I can remember. Just don't want it to end! 

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Gentlemen, a good game to one and all. And whatever happens:

    GO BROWNS!

  • @syd said:

    i've been paceing around the house for this past half hour . Gotta start drinking 

    My poor wife is gonna think her name is Anita Beer REAL soon.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    My poor wife is gonna think her name is Anita Beer REAL soon.

    your not crazy 😁

    I'm chilling a few extra beers, hoping our backup Tackles don't stress us out today.. it's where Flacco may get some new heat..

    No turnovers & get this place quite with a good Browns start

    Let's Go Browns !  (it's finally kickoff)

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    allmost playoff gametime

    GO BROWNS. see you all at the half

  • ClaretBrownC ClaretBrown wrote on last edited by

    Well I'm watching the uk coverage on sky sports and it's all about how great cj stroud and the texans are. 

    ?