Skip to content

** The "Official" ?  ▪︎ AFC WILD CARD ▪︎ BROWNS (-2½) -at- Texans  ?  Sat. Jan. 13 *(Rev. 1/13/2024) **

The Browns Board
445 38 16.4k 1
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    nice work Emerson/Newsome.. hold here browns

    Texans fg 3-0

    execute & flip this field position offense

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Nice job by Newsome, I'll take just giving up a field goal 

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    Good stop

  • Newsome got toasted. Can't punt 30 yards and can't miss a 5 yard screen pass when it's set up for 20 yards. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Newsome got toasted. 

    Like a marshmallow

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    Please no three and out now 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Newsome got toasted. 

    Like a marshmallow

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Like a marshmallow

    Then he made up for it on 3rd down

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    Njoku time?

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Hope AvP and Stef have some pin-pull abracadabra up their sleeve. We need to get our run game going!

  • Nice job by Newsome, I'll take just giving up a field goal 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nice job by Newsome, I'll take just giving up a field goal 

    Big time by secondary. Especially considering we're oddly horrendous in red zone. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    CHIEF!

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    BABOOMBA!

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    YES!!

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by

    45 yard pass 😁

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Is Cooper hurt? 

  • How is everyone FEELING about this game today? The last 2-3 games I had a pretty good feel for, but I don't have a handle on this one at ALL. It's almost like very few outcomes would surprise me, ya know? I could see a tight ass game where it comes down to a kick with the backup kicker, I could visualize a game where Stroud absolutely lights us up and we're playing catchup all day, and I can just as easy come up with a scenario where we get them in a bind and win handily. 

    What I don't like:

    It's a road playoff game and our team has not been lights out on the road, especially the defensive side of things. We play MUCH better at home, which is true of many teams, but it's especially evident in our efforts this season. 

    Texans have their starting DL today. Greenard got hurt almost immediately last time, and Rankins is also playing. They're healthy up front and that's going to change just about everything in terms of time throw, potential fumbles (Flacco has 4), and forcing the ball into dangerous windows resulting in INT's. 

    Texans don't give up rushing yards. I don't remember the stat, but they haven't given up a 100 yard rusher in just about forever. If you have Flacco pass the ball 50 times with a high percentage of 3rd and longs, it's asking for trouble. CAN he deliver? Absolutely, but getting SOME ground game going will be essential to keeping Texans off guard and having more manageable down and distance. 

    Stroud. I won't lie, he terrifies me. Why? So glad you asked! He does NOT turn it over. My dude has 5 INT's on the season, which is borderline stupid because he drives the ball down the field and he takes calculated risks. Having about a 5-1 touchdown to INT ratio is bonkers, for anyone, let alone a rookie. Stroud isn't a burner, but he's plenty quick and he looks to strike down the field. When you watch our games, you see opponents running wide open down the field, but the pressure prevents qb's from finding them. Don't be surprised if Stroud connects on a couple deep scores. 

    What I LIKE. 

    Enough of the doom and gloom and giving respect. What wares do WE have that causes THEM problems? 

    Amari Cooper. We know about his record setting day, and while I don't expect THAT, I do see him being highly effective. He's just so talented. 

    Njoku. I expect 8-10 catches for big yards and at least one td. We need his hands to stay soft and those TE screens to pop. We've been very close to busting one. 

    Joe Flacco. Flacco is tied for the league most wildcard victories AND road playoff wins. He's hot and he's feeling it. He stays away from the flukey picks and fumbles, and we'll win. 

    Myles Garrett. Now, traditionally Tunsil gives Myles fits. Schwartz will move him all over the field to get an advantage, but I need a superhuman effort from Garrett today. Not only that, but a game-changing play. Strip sack, INT, whatever. We need our freak to be freaky. 

    Lastly, Stroud struggled the most against man coverage and pressure, the Browns identity. We play our style, and we should be able to frustrate them. 

    Sorry for the ridiculous novel on things you all already knew, but it's helping to calm my nerves and take us closer to kickoff. Can't wait! No matter what, maybe my favorite season I can remember. Just don't want it to end! 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    How is everyone FEELING about this game today? The last 2-3 games I had a pretty good feel for, but I don't have a handle on this one at ALL. It's almost like very few outcomes would surprise me, ya know? I could see a tight ass game where it comes down to a kick with the backup kicker, I could visualize a game where Stroud absolutely lights us up and we're playing catchup all day, and I can just as easy come up with a scenario where we get them in a bind and win handily. 

    What I don't like:

    It's a road playoff game and our team has not been lights out on the road, especially the defensive side of things. We play MUCH better at home, which is true of many teams, but it's especially evident in our efforts this season. 

    Texans have their starting DL today. Greenard got hurt almost immediately last time, and Rankins is also playing. They're healthy up front and that's going to change just about everything in terms of time throw, potential fumbles (Flacco has 4), and forcing the ball into dangerous windows resulting in INT's. 

    Texans don't give up rushing yards. I don't remember the stat, but they haven't given up a 100 yard rusher in just about forever. If you have Flacco pass the ball 50 times with a high percentage of 3rd and longs, it's asking for trouble. CAN he deliver? Absolutely, but getting SOME ground game going will be essential to keeping Texans off guard and having more manageable down and distance. 

    Stroud. I won't lie, he terrifies me. Why? So glad you asked! He does NOT turn it over. My dude has 5 INT's on the season, which is borderline stupid because he drives the ball down the field and he takes calculated risks. Having about a 5-1 touchdown to INT ratio is bonkers, for anyone, let alone a rookie. Stroud isn't a burner, but he's plenty quick and he looks to strike down the field. When you watch our games, you see opponents running wide open down the field, but the pressure prevents qb's from finding them. Don't be surprised if Stroud connects on a couple deep scores. 

    What I LIKE. 

    Enough of the doom and gloom and giving respect. What wares do WE have that causes THEM problems? 

    Amari Cooper. We know about his record setting day, and while I don't expect THAT, I do see him being highly effective. He's just so talented. 

    Njoku. I expect 8-10 catches for big yards and at least one td. We need his hands to stay soft and those TE screens to pop. We've been very close to busting one. 

    Joe Flacco. Flacco is tied for the league most wildcard victories AND road playoff wins. He's hot and he's feeling it. He stays away from the flukey picks and fumbles, and we'll win. 

    Myles Garrett. Now, traditionally Tunsil gives Myles fits. Schwartz will move him all over the field to get an advantage, but I need a superhuman effort from Garrett today. Not only that, but a game-changing play. Strip sack, INT, whatever. We need our freak to be freaky. 

    Lastly, Stroud struggled the most against man coverage and pressure, the Browns identity. We play our style, and we should be able to frustrate them. 

    Sorry for the ridiculous novel on things you all already knew, but it's helping to calm my nerves and take us closer to kickoff. Can't wait! No matter what, maybe my favorite season I can remember. Just don't want it to end! 

    NICE play by the  "D"  there jiggs !    i'll take  0-3 .  And another great play ......

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Ok.. Joe's gun'z are coming alive

    Keep it loose Coop!

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Dammmmmmmmn. 

    So close Bryant.

    POUND IT IN.

  • Beautiful

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Beautiful

    x2 flugs .....

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    ALL HE DOES IS SCORE TOUCHDOWNS!

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by

    TD  \o/