Skip to content

The fake kneel down play

The Browns Board
18 13 1.8k 1
  • JaxJ Jax

    I'd be pissed because 2 quick kneel downs and the games over, no need to kick off and waste my day any longer risking injury on top of that.

    And then they're going to wonder why the defense is trying hard while they are in v formation in future games.

    @jax said:

    I'd be pissed because 2 quick kneel downs and the games over, no need to kick off and waste my day any longer risking injury on top of that.

    And then they're going to wonder why the defense is trying hard while they are in v formation in future games.

    That is a good point....

    In the same situation in the future, a Falcons DLineman might blast New Orlean's center into space.

  • I think it’s classless in this case, but some teams just knee it to end a half when the clock is almost out, a fake there would be more interesting. But then the defense might start ramming full speed when you try to down it in the future. 

  • Umm yeah, when I play,  I play to win. There's no room for feelings in football. The object of the game is to win. You don't want to get beat that bad, get better.

    20231229_003246.thumb.jpg.1208d839cd97002889acc0e2a1c3de0d.jpg

  • I think it’s classless in this case, but some teams just knee it to end a half when the clock is almost out, a fake there would be more interesting. But then the defense might start ramming full speed when you try to down it in the future. 

    @bbedward said:

    I think it’s classless

    Yup.  That's my take.

  • There's no crying in baseball football

    giphy(1).gif.4d4b03d8a40445d3ee5a79530f60694f.gif

  • They should’ve went for two.

    I mean if you’re going to be classless…might as well go full tilt asshole.

  • They should’ve went for two.

    I mean if you’re going to be classless…might as well go full tilt asshole.

    @canton-dawg said:

    They should’ve went for two.

    Are you sure you're not part East Texan? ?

  • In full retrospect, the only thing that is very true is that a player shouldn't veto the coach in that situation. He called the kneel down and that should be the play ran. It sends the wrong signal for sure to not be on the same page, even in that situation.

  • They should’ve went for two.

    I mean if you’re going to be classless…might as well go full tilt asshole.

    @canton-dawg said:

    They should’ve went for two.

    I mean if you’re going to be classless…might as well go full tilt asshole.

    And get the onside kick.

    8btdjx.gif.a85a50664c3186bb8899746cb6b97d15.gif

  • @canton-dawg said:

    They should’ve went for two.

    Are you sure you're not part East Texan? ?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Are you sure you're not part East Texan?

    na man that was Woody Hayes