Skip to content

The Purge

The Browns Board
34 13 2.1k 1
  • Head coaches fired today =  Commanders and Falcons.

    @orion said:

    Head coaches fired today =  Commanders and Falcons.

    They earned it.

  • @orion said:

    Head coaches fired today =  Commanders and Falcons.

    They earned it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    They earned it.

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    They earned it.

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

    @orion said:

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

    Or we just have to come to the conclusion Lawrence and his hair are over rated...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    They earned it.

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

    Add Mike Vrabel to the list, the most surprising so far probably:

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39272784/sources-titans-fire-coach-mike-vrabel-6-seasons

    Not sure I get it, I think the titans were just a victim of aging stars that aren't really stars anymore - they need to enter rebuild mode, guess they want a new coach to lead the way through that.

    @orion said:

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

    Pederson is so insanely stubborn with Press Taylor for some reason, maybe they have a secret relationship or something. That's his biggest problem as a coach...living and dying by a terrible offensive playcaller for no apparent reason. 

  • Head coaches fired today =  Commanders and Falcons.

    @orion said:

    Head coaches fired today =  Commanders and Falcons.

    The Commanders were indeed a hot mess, but let's not forget they officially went into tank mode trading away Sweat and Young...   ?

    @bbedward said:

    Add Mike Vrabel to the list, the most surprising so far probably:

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39272784/sources-titans-fire-coach-mike-vrabel-6-seasons

    Not sure I get it, I think the titans were just a victim of aging stars that aren't really stars anymore - they need to enter rebuild mode, guess they want a new coach to lead the way through that.

    Pederson is so insanely stubborn with Press Taylor for some reason, maybe they have a secret relationship or something. That's his biggest problem as a coach...living and dying by a terrible offensive playcaller for no apparent reason. 

    I don't get it either bb...  MHO is Vrabel is one of the better head coaches around, and he won't be unemployed for long... Or there was internal bickering between Vrabel and the GM... I want "my guy" as a HC..  Seems like the owner thinks he can pull another Chuck Noll\ Bill Cowher\ Mike Tomlin out of a hat..  If they wind up with another Hue Jackson instead, it will serve them right.... 

  • You have to think Vrabel goes right to the top of the list at New England, right?

    Because the last thing Ryan Day needs now is an unemployed Mike Vrabel. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    They earned it.

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

    @orion said:

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

    A lot of people probably agree with you and some recent game plans/decisions didn't help him.  I think firing him this soon is a little harsh/drastic for what he did to that team last year leading them to the playoffs after the nightmare they had the year before.  They were about to do the same thing this year until Lawrence got hurt; and never looked the same again.  That changed everything.  Looks like they really need to hire a new OC but they've already fired their defensive coaching staff.   

  • @orion said:

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

    Or we just have to come to the conclusion Lawrence and his hair are over rated...

    @nickers said:

    Or we just have to come to the conclusion Lawrence and his hair are over rated...

    I like that Renaissance Fair look; but he better start helping his team fight back like Lancelot soon, REAL soon....

  • Add Mike Vrabel to the list, the most surprising so far probably:

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39272784/sources-titans-fire-coach-mike-vrabel-6-seasons

    Not sure I get it, I think the titans were just a victim of aging stars that aren't really stars anymore - they need to enter rebuild mode, guess they want a new coach to lead the way through that.

    @orion said:

    Personally, I think the Jaguars coach has earned it too.

    Pederson is so insanely stubborn with Press Taylor for some reason, maybe they have a secret relationship or something. That's his biggest problem as a coach...living and dying by a terrible offensive playcaller for no apparent reason. 

    @bbedward said:

    Pederson is so insanely stubborn with Press Taylor for some reason, maybe they have a secret relationship or something. That's his biggest problem as a coach...living and dying by a terrible offensive playcaller for no apparent reason. 

    the play calling killed their chances towards the end of the game. Lawerence is not over rated ! only a kook would think that.

  • Add another one to the list, surprising- since he recently said he was going to continue to coach...  Pete Carroll of the Seahawks is resigning\ being promoted to the front office.  

  • Add another one to the list, surprising- since he recently said he was going to continue to coach...  Pete Carroll of the Seahawks is resigning\ being promoted to the front office.  

    @hoorta said:

    Add another one to the list, surprising- since he recently said he was going to continue to coach...  Pete Carroll of the Seahawks is resigning\ being promoted to the front office.  

    That will last for about 15 minutes...

  • Nick Saben retires on the same day as pete gets fired 

  • sydS syd

    Nick Saben retires on the same day as pete gets fired 

    @syd said:

    Nick Saben retires on the same day as pete gets fired 

    Not surprised, given his age, but yet I hadn't heard any rumblings that he was on the verge of retiring.

    Going to be interesting to see who gets that gig. One helluva run he had down there.

  • @syd said:

    Nick Saben retires on the same day as pete gets fired 

    Not surprised, given his age, but yet I hadn't heard any rumblings that he was on the verge of retiring.

    Going to be interesting to see who gets that gig. One helluva run he had down there.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Going to be interesting to see who gets that gig.

    Bear Bryant. Gene Stallings and then a few shit coach's. Nick Saben 6 nati's. who is gonna want to follow that up ?

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Going to be interesting to see who gets that gig.

    Bear Bryant. Gene Stallings and then a few shit coach's. Nick Saben 6 nati's. who is gonna want to follow that up ?

    @syd said:

    Bear Bryant. Gene Stallings and then a few shit coach's. Nick Saben 6 nati's. who is gonna want to follow that up ?

    Oregon's Dan Lanning and Clemson's Dabo Swinney are two possibilities. 

    I don't see Alabama fading into mediocrity anytime soon.  

  • End of an era, it’s still possible belichik won’t be the patriots coach next season too - I gotta think they are thinking pretty hard about Vrabel - maybe wanting to test the trade market though.

  • @syd said:

    Bear Bryant. Gene Stallings and then a few shit coach's. Nick Saben 6 nati's. who is gonna want to follow that up ?

    Oregon's Dan Lanning and Clemson's Dabo Swinney are two possibilities. 

    I don't see Alabama fading into mediocrity anytime soon.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oregon's Dan Lanning and Clemson's Dabo Swinney are two possibilities. 

    I don't see Alabama fading into mediocrity anytime soon.  

    Schools like Alabama and Ohio State recruit themselves.  Regardless of who the coach is...  Any four star recruit with NFL ambitions is (usually) going to want to play there. They have the luxury of turning away top tier talent. Look no farther than Joe Burrow, who was riding the bench at Ohio State, transferred and won a National Championship at LSU.  

  • End of an era, it’s still possible belichik won’t be the patriots coach next season too - I gotta think they are thinking pretty hard about Vrabel - maybe wanting to test the trade market though.

    @bbedward said:

    End of an era, it’s still possible Belichik won’t be the patriots coach next season too - I gotta think they are thinking pretty hard about Vrabel - maybe wanting to test the trade market though.

    Hoodie now heading south? To Atlanta next year?  If Vrabel doesn't get the Patriots job, he's going to be a head coach somewhere this coming season. 

  • @bbedward said:

    End of an era, it’s still possible Belichik won’t be the patriots coach next season too - I gotta think they are thinking pretty hard about Vrabel - maybe wanting to test the trade market though.

    Hoodie now heading south? To Atlanta next year?  If Vrabel doesn't get the Patriots job, he's going to be a head coach somewhere this coming season. 

    @hoorta said:

    Hoodie now heading south? To Atlanta next year?  If Vrabel doesn't get the Patriots job, he's going to be a head coach somewhere this coming season. 

    Like I said before, the last thing Ryan Day at Ohio State needs is an unemployed Mike Vrabel for the next year or so. 

  • @syd said:

    Bear Bryant. Gene Stallings and then a few shit coach's. Nick Saben 6 nati's. who is gonna want to follow that up ?

    Oregon's Dan Lanning and Clemson's Dabo Swinney are two possibilities. 

    I don't see Alabama fading into mediocrity anytime soon.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oregon's Dan Lanning

    he said no thankyou, sometime today