This one stung
-
Well there's one thing for sure and that is that it should put an end to the ever popular fan QB controversy. Flacco did as well as can be expected and I was as on board as anyone but this will put a definitive stamp on Watson as day 1 starter.
Well there's one thing for sure and that is that it should put an end to the ever popular fan QB controversy. Flacco did as well as can be expected and I was as on board as anyone but this will put a definitive stamp on Watson as day 1 starter.
How many games are you giving Deshaun to get his shit together?
-
Well there's one thing for sure and that is that it should put an end to the ever popular fan QB controversy. Flacco did as well as can be expected and I was as on board as anyone but this will put a definitive stamp on Watson as day 1 starter.
How many games are you giving Deshaun to get his shit together?
How many games are you giving Deshaun to get his shit together?
We were winning games with him, regardless of what anybody thinks of him. Flacco was a great spark, but nobody would say he gave us a better chance to win in Texas than Watson would have…
Id still be cool to bring Flacco as a QB2, but it probably won’t happen because when Watson throws his first pick the fanbase and media would be extremely toxic.
-
Well there's one thing for sure and that is that it should put an end to the ever popular fan QB controversy. Flacco did as well as can be expected and I was as on board as anyone but this will put a definitive stamp on Watson as day 1 starter.
Well there's one thing for sure and that is that it should put an end to the ever popular fan QB controversy. Flacco did as well as can be expected and I was as on board as anyone but this will put a definitive stamp on Watson as day 1 starter.
If Watson is the day one starter, we're right back in the same boat . We need to start shopping Watson around and looking for a game manager. This may piss a bunch of you off but I'm too old to give a shit. I believe wholeheartedly if we would have just kept Mayfield we would have walked away with the north and played at home in the playoffs and kept our draft picks. I really don't think it can be disputed.
-
Well there's one thing for sure and that is that it should put an end to the ever popular fan QB controversy. Flacco did as well as can be expected and I was as on board as anyone but this will put a definitive stamp on Watson as day 1 starter.
If Watson is the day one starter, we're right back in the same boat . We need to start shopping Watson around and looking for a game manager. This may piss a bunch of you off but I'm too old to give a shit. I believe wholeheartedly if we would have just kept Mayfield we would have walked away with the north and played at home in the playoffs and kept our draft picks. I really don't think it can be disputed.
If Watson is the day one starter, we're right back in the same boat . We need to start shopping Watson around and looking for a game manager. This may piss a bunch of you off but I'm too old to give a shit. I believe wholeheartedly if we would have just kept Mayfield we would have walked away with the north and played at home in the playoffs and kept our draft picks. I really don't think it can be disputed.
I mean, maybe - doesn’t matter though because mayfield isn’t a brown. Mayfield also played plenty of games like ass this year - the bucs were just lucky enough to play in the worst division and get a home playoff game with sub-10 wins.
There is no market for Watson, and he’s not as bad to be stuck with as some fans think…if he can stay healthy going forward. We beat the favorites to win the Super Bowl, on the road, with Watson at QB.
-
If Watson is the day one starter, we're right back in the same boat . We need to start shopping Watson around and looking for a game manager. This may piss a bunch of you off but I'm too old to give a shit. I believe wholeheartedly if we would have just kept Mayfield we would have walked away with the north and played at home in the playoffs and kept our draft picks. I really don't think it can be disputed.
I mean, maybe - doesn’t matter though because mayfield isn’t a brown. Mayfield also played plenty of games like ass this year - the bucs were just lucky enough to play in the worst division and get a home playoff game with sub-10 wins.
There is no market for Watson, and he’s not as bad to be stuck with as some fans think…if he can stay healthy going forward. We beat the favorites to win the Super Bowl, on the road, with Watson at QB.
I mean, maybe - doesn’t matter though because mayfield isn’t a brown. Mayfield also played plenty of games like ass this year - the bucs were just lucky enough to play in the worst division and get a home playoff game with sub-10 wins.
There is no market for Watson, and he’s not as bad to be stuck with as some fans think…if he can stay healthy going forward. We beat the favorites to win the Super Bowl, on the road, with Watson at QB.
Philly lost their mojo from game 13 on. Mayfield benefited from that fact.
-
I mean, maybe - doesn’t matter though because mayfield isn’t a brown. Mayfield also played plenty of games like ass this year - the bucs were just lucky enough to play in the worst division and get a home playoff game with sub-10 wins.
There is no market for Watson, and he’s not as bad to be stuck with as some fans think…if he can stay healthy going forward. We beat the favorites to win the Super Bowl, on the road, with Watson at QB.
Philly lost their mojo from game 13 on. Mayfield benefited from that fact.
Philly lost their mojo from game 13 on. Mayfield benefited from that fact.
The NFC beyond the 49ers is mediocre to hot garbage. Wouldn't shock me if TB beat Detroit next weekend too.
It will be interesting to see how the Bucs do next year when they get to play a first-place schedule, and not the Charmin-soft one they had this year.
-
I kept my thoughts more in my head because I wanted to manifest positivity, but I candidly wasn't super surprised with the outcome. The playoffs are notorious for putting teams flaws in a microscope, and the three under the Flacco era were:
1) Joe Flacco interceptions (and really, the turnovers in general)- I forgot the exact stat, but they said during the game they were the first team in some crazy amount of years to make the playoffs with the amount of turnovers had this season.
2) the defense playing markedly worse on the road than at home
3) a complete lack of a run game to balance the offense
Those three factors, in that order really, caused this game simply to not be close. Fortunately, there's some reason to believe #1 and #3 could vastly improve just with people the Browns are getting back (although not getting into the Watson debate). The 2nd bullet, though, is very befuddling and really needs to get addressed during the offseason. I like Schwartz a lot and I'm fine bringing him back, but it's crazy how polar opposite the team was.
Kudos to the Texans too- I'd be pretty surprised if Slowek doesn't get the nod for a HC vacancy in the coming days.
-
I kept my thoughts more in my head because I wanted to manifest positivity, but I candidly wasn't super surprised with the outcome. The playoffs are notorious for putting teams flaws in a microscope, and the three under the Flacco era were:
1) Joe Flacco interceptions (and really, the turnovers in general)- I forgot the exact stat, but they said during the game they were the first team in some crazy amount of years to make the playoffs with the amount of turnovers had this season.
2) the defense playing markedly worse on the road than at home
3) a complete lack of a run game to balance the offense
Those three factors, in that order really, caused this game simply to not be close. Fortunately, there's some reason to believe #1 and #3 could vastly improve just with people the Browns are getting back (although not getting into the Watson debate). The 2nd bullet, though, is very befuddling and really needs to get addressed during the offseason. I like Schwartz a lot and I'm fine bringing him back, but it's crazy how polar opposite the team was.
Kudos to the Texans too- I'd be pretty surprised if Slowek doesn't get the nod for a HC vacancy in the coming days.
I kept my thoughts more in my head because I wanted to manifest positivity, but I candidly wasn't super surprised with the outcome. The playoffs are notorious for putting teams flaws in a microscope, and the three under the Flacco era were:
1) Joe Flacco interceptions (and really, the turnovers in general)- I forgot the exact stat, but they said during the game they were the first team in some crazy amount of years to make the playoffs with the amount of turnovers had this season.
2) the defense playing markedly worse on the road than at home
3) a complete lack of a run game to balance the offense
Those three factors, in that order really, caused this game simply to not be close. Fortunately, there's some reason to believe #1 and #3 could vastly improve just with people the Browns are getting back (although not getting into the Watson debate). The 2nd bullet, though, is very befuddling and really needs to get addressed during the offseason. I like Schwartz a lot and I'm fine bringing him back, but it's crazy how polar opposite the team was.
Kudos to the Texans too- I'd be pretty surprised if Slowek doesn't get the nod for a HC vacancy in the coming days.
I wonder if the Bob Slowik that was the DC for the Browns in 1999 is the father of Houston's OC Bob Slowik.
-
I kept my thoughts more in my head because I wanted to manifest positivity, but I candidly wasn't super surprised with the outcome. The playoffs are notorious for putting teams flaws in a microscope, and the three under the Flacco era were:
1) Joe Flacco interceptions (and really, the turnovers in general)- I forgot the exact stat, but they said during the game they were the first team in some crazy amount of years to make the playoffs with the amount of turnovers had this season.
2) the defense playing markedly worse on the road than at home
3) a complete lack of a run game to balance the offense
Those three factors, in that order really, caused this game simply to not be close. Fortunately, there's some reason to believe #1 and #3 could vastly improve just with people the Browns are getting back (although not getting into the Watson debate). The 2nd bullet, though, is very befuddling and really needs to get addressed during the offseason. I like Schwartz a lot and I'm fine bringing him back, but it's crazy how polar opposite the team was.
Kudos to the Texans too- I'd be pretty surprised if Slowek doesn't get the nod for a HC vacancy in the coming days.
I wonder if the Bob Slowik that was the DC for the Browns in 1999 is the father of Houston's OC Bob Slowik.
-
I kept my thoughts more in my head because I wanted to manifest positivity, but I candidly wasn't super surprised with the outcome. The playoffs are notorious for putting teams flaws in a microscope, and the three under the Flacco era were:
1) Joe Flacco interceptions (and really, the turnovers in general)- I forgot the exact stat, but they said during the game they were the first team in some crazy amount of years to make the playoffs with the amount of turnovers had this season.
2) the defense playing markedly worse on the road than at home
3) a complete lack of a run game to balance the offense
Those three factors, in that order really, caused this game simply to not be close. Fortunately, there's some reason to believe #1 and #3 could vastly improve just with people the Browns are getting back (although not getting into the Watson debate). The 2nd bullet, though, is very befuddling and really needs to get addressed during the offseason. I like Schwartz a lot and I'm fine bringing him back, but it's crazy how polar opposite the team was.
Kudos to the Texans too- I'd be pretty surprised if Slowek doesn't get the nod for a HC vacancy in the coming days.
I wonder if the Bob Slowik that was the DC for the Browns in 1999 is the father of Houston's OC Bob Slowik.
I wonder if the Bob Slowik that was the DC for the Browns in 1999 is the father of Houston's OC Bob Slowik.
He sure is, actually: https://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches-roster/bobby-slowik
Not only did I (begrudgingly) think he called an excellent game, he has all the allure that teams are salivating over in terms of "coaching tree" as well. It seems like Bill B. is interested in the Atlanta job, but he'd make a great fit there with the weapons they have.
-
-
I wonder if the Bob Slowik that was the DC for the Browns in 1999 is the father of Houston's OC Bob Slowik.
He sure is, actually: https://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches-roster/bobby-slowik
Not only did I (begrudgingly) think he called an excellent game, he has all the allure that teams are salivating over in terms of "coaching tree" as well. It seems like Bill B. is interested in the Atlanta job, but he'd make a great fit there with the weapons they have.
-
I wonder if Bill is asking to draft his own players if a team were to hire him.
Let’s face it, Belichick isn’t exactly good at college player evaluation.
If I was looking for a head coach today, I'd probably not even bother to interview BB.
I think his time has past. I'm not saying he's horrible or Tom Brady is the only reason he's going into the HOF, I just don't see him at this point of his career being the HC I want to go into the future with. I'd roll the dice on someone much younger.
-
I hated the huge coverage cushions he had the corners using in that defense. It was like he forfeited their opportunity to compete.
I loved the shifting on the Dline disguising the coverages and thats where it ended for me... As you said... The back end was always frustrating.. Although when Butch Davis took over... Earl Little was fun to watch at safety even though it was the twilight of his career...
-
I hated the huge coverage cushions he had the corners using in that defense. It was like he forfeited their opportunity to compete.
I loved the shifting on the Dline disguising the coverages and thats where it ended for me... As you said... The back end was always frustrating.. Although when Butch Davis took over... Earl Little was fun to watch at safety even though it was the twilight of his career...
I loved the shifting on the Dline disguising the coverages and thats where it ended for me... As you said... The back end was always frustrating.. Although when Butch Davis took over... Earl Little was fun to watch at safety even though it was the twilight of his career...
Those back ends always give you trouble ???.
-
I loved the shifting on the Dline disguising the coverages and thats where it ended for me... As you said... The back end was always frustrating.. Although when Butch Davis took over... Earl Little was fun to watch at safety even though it was the twilight of his career...
Those back ends always give you trouble ???.
Those back ends always give you trouble ???.
Well when you hit a certain point in life... You can't trust a cabbage fart anymore!?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login