Skip to content

Browns 2024 Unrestricted Free Agents

The Browns Board
51 17 2.4k 1
  • Practically the entire DLine room could potentially walk out the door. 

    I'll definitely be looking there first regarding the upcoming draft. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Practically the entire DLine room

    The DLine is soo important to a football team.  I mean, who hurries the QB?   No matter how good your coverage people are, if the QB isn't rushed passes will be complete.  Who clogs up the run?    The DL sets up the rest of the defense as to how good they can be.  Let's face it.  Our DL, especially the interior, was better this year than last year.  And it helped to vault our pass defense to the top of the league for most of the season.  And it was our D that kept us in games that we should've lost...so that our kicker could win us some of those should've lost games.  

    Obviously Flacco putting up big numbers and getting us 4 straight wins got us to the playoffs, but more than once he credited the defense for the wins.  And the DLine is the engine of the defense.

  • @ap1 said:

    P Corey Bojorquez

    TE Harrison Bryant

    OL Michael Dunn

    DT Jordan Elliott

    WR Marquise Goodwin

    DT Shelby Harris

    DT Maurice Hurst

    LB Jacob Phillips

    DE Za'Darius Smith

    LB Sione Takitaki

    LB Anthony Walker Jr.

    From the above, who should the Browns re-sign?

    I just deleted players from your list as shown about.  There are a few guys I deleted but wouldn't mind if we signed them back...Proche might be an example of that.  Bryant might be a guy I left on the list who won't get an offer.

    @ballpeen said:

    Bryant might be a guy I left on the list who won't get an offer.

    I hope he doesn't. You can draft a TE with similar talent, or lack thereof, in the late rounds of the draft. 

  • Signed to Browns reserve/future contracts 

    WR Jaelon Darden

    CB Vincent Gray

    RB John Kelly Jr.

    TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden

    T Justin Murray

    DE Lonnie Phelps

    LB Charlie Thomas III

    DE Isaiah Thomas

    DT *Chris Williams

    LB *Caleb Johnson

    DT *Jayden Peevy

    K *Lucas Havrisik 

    * new additions
     
    Signed Elsewhere
     
     
  • Za'Darius Smith, Maurice Hurst, Anthony Walker.   

    There are other guys that played ok for us, like Harrison Bryant, Takitaki, Jacob Philips, etc....but, that's up to the team to either improve upon or keep as the depth you're going to need to get through a 17+ game schedule.

    We need LB'er, and more speed in the secondary.  We've got to figure out how to block for running & passing.  

    @orion said:

    Za'Darius Smith, Maurice Hurst, Anthony Walker.   

    There are other guys that played ok for us, like Harrison Bryant, Takitaki, Jacob Philips, etc....but, that's up to the team to either improve upon or keep as the depth you're going to need to get through a 17+ game schedule.

    We need LB'er, and more speed in the secondary.  We've got to figure out how to block for running & passing.  

    I like all 3 guys when they're close to being healthy.  That said, it feels like Walker is never healthy enough to rely on for any length of time. It's too bad because he's a good leader for this defense when he CAN play.  Hurst made a lot of BIG plays in the rotation and I hope we can get him back.  Smith looked like he was tired (and maybe even playing through injuries down the stretch).  I think we drafted McGuire and signed Okoronkwo to develop into that role beyond last season.  I'm not sure the Alex Wright pick from the year before still has many confident he can step up.  That said, many of us didn't feel like DT Jordan Elliott was ready to step up to show us he belonged in his 4th year.  He exceeded my expectations for the first time at a position we needed that from.

    A lot of interesting decisions ahead.

  • Peevy has potential at DT (figure out why tia).??

  • Peevy has potential at DT (figure out why tia).??

    @texasag1969 said:

    Peevy has potential at DT (figure out why tia).??

    I'm going to take a wild guess...

    He plays at a school located in a rather large state in the southwest with a farming background?

  • Signed to Browns reserve/future contracts 

    WR Jaelon Darden

    CB Vincent Gray

    RB John Kelly Jr.

    TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden

    T Justin Murray

    DE Lonnie Phelps

    LB Charlie Thomas III

    DE Isaiah Thomas

    DT *Chris Williams

    LB *Caleb Johnson

    DT *Jayden Peevy

    K *Lucas Havrisik 

    * new additions
     
    Signed Elsewhere
     
     

    @gumby73 said:

    Signed Elsewhere
     
    • WR Austin Watkins - Signed with the Eagles.  Watkins had the choice to return to Cleveland but chose a different direction
    • CB AJ Green III - Signed with the Vikings. Played four seasons and 34 games with the team:

    Sorry to see AJ Green go.  He was someone that you could pull off the shelf and put out there on the field and play your normal defenses.  Sorry to see Watkins go too...but obviously he wasn't going to play here.  Our WR situation got pretty bad at season's end and he still couldn't get on the field.  I hear that we offered him a futures contract but he decided to go elsewhere.  I can't say that I blame him.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Signed Elsewhere
     
    • WR Austin Watkins - Signed with the Eagles.  Watkins had the choice to return to Cleveland but chose a different direction
    • CB AJ Green III - Signed with the Vikings. Played four seasons and 34 games with the team:

    Sorry to see AJ Green go.  He was someone that you could pull off the shelf and put out there on the field and play your normal defenses.  Sorry to see Watkins go too...but obviously he wasn't going to play here.  Our WR situation got pretty bad at season's end and he still couldn't get on the field.  I hear that we offered him a futures contract but he decided to go elsewhere.  I can't say that I blame him.

    @orion said:

    Sorry to see AJ Green go.  He was someone that you could pull off the shelf and put out there on the field and play your normal defenses.  Sorry to see Watkins go too...but obviously he wasn't going to play here.  Our WR situation got pretty bad at season's end and he still couldn't get on the field.  I hear that we offered him a futures contract but he decided to go elsewhere.  I can't say that I blame him.

    Hard to believe WR Austin Watkins only saw 1 activation up from PS, after what we saw in preseason. 

    Berry/Haslam paid UDFA AJ Green the highest bonus of 145k to sign in 2020. 100k to Watkins to stay

    AJ Green playing in 34 games in 4 years in this NFL CB pricey market?   Career Earnings: $3,177,615  https://overthecap.com/player/a-j-green/9255  (click history)

    • Contract Ranking: 271/289 at CB pay in 2023

    Good luck, AJ Green.... Job well done as a Brown !

  • I do not agree with any of this, Except maybe Akins it all depends on what we do with Harrison

    Contracts Browns Must Consider Cutting

  • Morning,  

    Welcome to 13M over the cap without signing any FA on above list.. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns

    Browns 2024 FA's.. https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-browns

    Not certain we can obtain D. Smith at 11M, when Obo was playing healthy 

    AB needs to get his stubborn head on the Inside Mike Linebacker market. Paying punters off the street more $$ than Walker to retain Tickie Taki for more? Fold your tent & move on Berry.. JOK needs a new ball hawking partner

    Match offer sheets to retain K. Hunt & Mo Hurst 

    *M. Dunn vs Wypler

    S. Harris vs J. Elliott 

    Again Berry's guardrails, don't like to pay backup depth FA $$ 

    so no silver bullet answers from this post  

    @gumby73 said:

    Morning,  

    Welcome to 13M over the cap without signing any FA on above list.. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns

    Browns 2024 FA's.. https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-browns

    Not certain we can obtain D. Smith at 11M, when Obo was playing healthy 

    AB needs to get his stubborn head on the Inside Mike Linebacker market. Paying punters off the street more $$ than Walker to retain Tickie Taki for more? Fold your tent & move on Berry.. JOK needs a new ball hawking partner

    Match offer sheets to retain K. Hunt & Mo Hurst 

    *M. Dunn vs Wypler

    S. Harris vs J. Elliott 

    Again Berry's guardrails, don't like to pay backup depth FA $$ 

    so no silver bullet answers from this post  

    These are some random thoughts. The Browns BIGGEST challenge seems be what they are paying to guys that are rarely healthy.  Here's a few examples:

    1.) Anthony Walker - love the leadership, experience and consistency when he does play. However, he only had 3 starts in 2022 - and it sure felt like he missed more games than he started in 2023. Seems like I'm more attracted to the IDEA of him than the REALITY of paying him to watch someone else play his position.

    2.) Jack Conklin - When healthy - there isn't a better run blocking RT and he's a reliable pass protector as well.  Key word in that sentence is WHEN.  WHEN we can't ever get/keep him on the field - I'm only attracted to the IDEA of him.  The Browns gave him a generous raise/extension going into last season.

    3.) Denzel Ward - Luckily, he only misses a few games a year so far so he doesn't totally fit the same concern as the 2 guys above.  That said, he's an elite corner so he's not cheap.  When he doesn't play, think back to the Denver game with Ward inactive - promoting Newsome to #1 corner covering Sutton.  I had bulimia watching that. I'm not ready to hope we give up on Ward - I'm just worrying out loud about age/wear and tear increasing the missed games each year moving forward.  If you have a Revis Island out there - you don't want post the sign "Sorry Revis Island is closed again - check back with us in a couple weeks."

  • @gumby73 said:

    Morning,  

    Welcome to 13M over the cap without signing any FA on above list.. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns

    Browns 2024 FA's.. https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-browns

    Not certain we can obtain D. Smith at 11M, when Obo was playing healthy 

    AB needs to get his stubborn head on the Inside Mike Linebacker market. Paying punters off the street more $$ than Walker to retain Tickie Taki for more? Fold your tent & move on Berry.. JOK needs a new ball hawking partner

    Match offer sheets to retain K. Hunt & Mo Hurst 

    *M. Dunn vs Wypler

    S. Harris vs J. Elliott 

    Again Berry's guardrails, don't like to pay backup depth FA $$ 

    so no silver bullet answers from this post  

    These are some random thoughts. The Browns BIGGEST challenge seems be what they are paying to guys that are rarely healthy.  Here's a few examples:

    1.) Anthony Walker - love the leadership, experience and consistency when he does play. However, he only had 3 starts in 2022 - and it sure felt like he missed more games than he started in 2023. Seems like I'm more attracted to the IDEA of him than the REALITY of paying him to watch someone else play his position.

    2.) Jack Conklin - When healthy - there isn't a better run blocking RT and he's a reliable pass protector as well.  Key word in that sentence is WHEN.  WHEN we can't ever get/keep him on the field - I'm only attracted to the IDEA of him.  The Browns gave him a generous raise/extension going into last season.

    3.) Denzel Ward - Luckily, he only misses a few games a year so far so he doesn't totally fit the same concern as the 2 guys above.  That said, he's an elite corner so he's not cheap.  When he doesn't play, think back to the Denver game with Ward inactive - promoting Newsome to #1 corner covering Sutton.  I had bulimia watching that. I'm not ready to hope we give up on Ward - I'm just worrying out loud about age/wear and tear increasing the missed games each year moving forward.  If you have a Revis Island out there - you don't want post the sign "Sorry Revis Island is closed again - check back with us in a couple weeks."

    @flugel said:

    These are some random thoughts. The Browns BIGGEST challenge seems be what they are paying to guys that are rarely healthy.  Here's a few examples:

    1.) Anthony Walker - love the leadership, experience and consistency when he does play. However, he only had 3 starts in 2022 - and it sure felt like he missed more games than he started in 2023. Seems like I'm more attracted to the IDEA of him than the REALITY of paying him to watch someone else play his position.

    2.) Jack Conklin - When healthy - there isn't a better run blocking RT and he's a reliable pass protector as well.  Key word in that sentence is WHEN.  WHEN we can't ever get/keep him on the field - I'm only attracted to the IDEA of him.  The Browns gave him a generous raise/extension going into last season.

    3.) Denzel Ward - Luckily, he only misses a few games a year so far so he doesn't totally fit the same concern as the 2 guys above.  That said, he's an elite corner so he's not cheap.  When he doesn't play, think back to the Denver game with Ward inactive - promoting Newsome to #1 corner covering Sutton.  I had bulimia watching that. I'm not ready to hope we give up on Ward - I'm just worrying out loud about age/wear and tear increasing the missed games each year moving forward.  If you have a Revis Island out there - you don't want post the sign "Sorry Revis Island is closed again - check back with us in a couple weeks."

    Add Deshaun Watson to that list

  • @flugel said:

    These are some random thoughts. The Browns BIGGEST challenge seems be what they are paying to guys that are rarely healthy.  Here's a few examples:

    1.) Anthony Walker - love the leadership, experience and consistency when he does play. However, he only had 3 starts in 2022 - and it sure felt like he missed more games than he started in 2023. Seems like I'm more attracted to the IDEA of him than the REALITY of paying him to watch someone else play his position.

    2.) Jack Conklin - When healthy - there isn't a better run blocking RT and he's a reliable pass protector as well.  Key word in that sentence is WHEN.  WHEN we can't ever get/keep him on the field - I'm only attracted to the IDEA of him.  The Browns gave him a generous raise/extension going into last season.

    3.) Denzel Ward - Luckily, he only misses a few games a year so far so he doesn't totally fit the same concern as the 2 guys above.  That said, he's an elite corner so he's not cheap.  When he doesn't play, think back to the Denver game with Ward inactive - promoting Newsome to #1 corner covering Sutton.  I had bulimia watching that. I'm not ready to hope we give up on Ward - I'm just worrying out loud about age/wear and tear increasing the missed games each year moving forward.  If you have a Revis Island out there - you don't want post the sign "Sorry Revis Island is closed again - check back with us in a couple weeks."

    Add Deshaun Watson to that list

    @nickers said:

    Add Deshaun Watson to that list

    He was only injured this season after winning 5 of 6 starts.  I'm talking about injuries (plural).  In Houston he was durable.  It's up to the Browns to perpetuate that, losing BOTH starting Tackles and the backup RT has a way of making a team need to use 5 different QBs (Watson, DTR, Walker, Flacco, Driskel).  If he could stay healthy in Houston - it shouldn't be impossible in Cleveland if the FO gave up what they gave up to bring him here.  

    In saying all that, I'm not gonna sit here and debate Watson with you.  Trust me, I've already been well informed by you that you hate him and hope he fails.  If he gets hurt again next year, I'll add him to the list.  Back to the discussion, let me know if you think there's any other guys that won't play enough football to justify their big cap hit next year.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Morning,  

    Welcome to 13M over the cap without signing any FA on above list.. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns

    Browns 2024 FA's.. https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-browns

    Not certain we can obtain D. Smith at 11M, when Obo was playing healthy 

    AB needs to get his stubborn head on the Inside Mike Linebacker market. Paying punters off the street more $$ than Walker to retain Tickie Taki for more? Fold your tent & move on Berry.. JOK needs a new ball hawking partner

    Match offer sheets to retain K. Hunt & Mo Hurst 

    *M. Dunn vs Wypler

    S. Harris vs J. Elliott 

    Again Berry's guardrails, don't like to pay backup depth FA $$ 

    so no silver bullet answers from this post  

    These are some random thoughts. The Browns BIGGEST challenge seems be what they are paying to guys that are rarely healthy.  Here's a few examples:

    1.) Anthony Walker - love the leadership, experience and consistency when he does play. However, he only had 3 starts in 2022 - and it sure felt like he missed more games than he started in 2023. Seems like I'm more attracted to the IDEA of him than the REALITY of paying him to watch someone else play his position.

    2.) Jack Conklin - When healthy - there isn't a better run blocking RT and he's a reliable pass protector as well.  Key word in that sentence is WHEN.  WHEN we can't ever get/keep him on the field - I'm only attracted to the IDEA of him.  The Browns gave him a generous raise/extension going into last season.

    3.) Denzel Ward - Luckily, he only misses a few games a year so far so he doesn't totally fit the same concern as the 2 guys above.  That said, he's an elite corner so he's not cheap.  When he doesn't play, think back to the Denver game with Ward inactive - promoting Newsome to #1 corner covering Sutton.  I had bulimia watching that. I'm not ready to hope we give up on Ward - I'm just worrying out loud about age/wear and tear increasing the missed games each year moving forward.  If you have a Revis Island out there - you don't want post the sign "Sorry Revis Island is closed again - check back with us in a couple weeks."

    @flugel said:

    These are some random thoughts. The Browns BIGGEST challenge seems be what they are paying to guys that are rarely healthy.  Here's a few examples:

    1.) Anthony Walker - love the leadership, experience and consistency when he does play. However, he only had 3 starts in 2022 - and it sure felt like he missed more games than he started in 2023. Seems like I'm more attracted to the IDEA of him than the REALITY of paying him to watch someone else play his position.

    2.) Jack Conklin - When healthy - there isn't a better run blocking RT and he's a reliable pass protector as well.  Key word in that sentence is WHEN.  WHEN we can't ever get/keep him on the field - I'm only attracted to the IDEA of him.  The Browns gave him a generous raise/extension going into last season.

    3.) Denzel Ward - Luckily, he only misses a few games a year so far so he doesn't totally fit the same concern as the 2 guys above.  That said, he's an elite corner so he's not cheap.  When he doesn't play, think back to the Denver game with Ward inactive - promoting Newsome to #1 corner covering Sutton.  I had bulimia watching that. I'm not ready to hope we give up on Ward - I'm just worrying out loud about age/wear and tear increasing the missed games each year moving forward.  If you have a Revis Island out there - you don't want post the sign "Sorry Revis Island is closed again - check back with us in a couple weeks."

    I'd have to put more time into this list than feasting on Senior Bowl practices at this time..

    3) We're not replacing Ward nor Newsome without any 1st round picks. Replace Ward with paying Jed Will's 5th year option, for the time being 🙂 Trade Will's  5th, to the needed Panthers or Jets for higher pick

    2) Maybe wrong? But Conkin fit's #1 & believe his contract has 1 year left?

    1) Paying Anthony Walker's mini contracts don't really bother me.. I just think his knee's aren't worth the risk anymore

    • I may find 3 at combine tampering period to cut loose ? 
  • @nickers said:

    Add Deshaun Watson to that list

    He was only injured this season after winning 5 of 6 starts.  I'm talking about injuries (plural).  In Houston he was durable.  It's up to the Browns to perpetuate that, losing BOTH starting Tackles and the backup RT has a way of making a team need to use 5 different QBs (Watson, DTR, Walker, Flacco, Driskel).  If he could stay healthy in Houston - it shouldn't be impossible in Cleveland if the FO gave up what they gave up to bring him here.  

    In saying all that, I'm not gonna sit here and debate Watson with you.  Trust me, I've already been well informed by you that you hate him and hope he fails.  If he gets hurt again next year, I'll add him to the list.  Back to the discussion, let me know if you think there's any other guys that won't play enough football to justify their big cap hit next year.

    @flugel said:

    He was only injured this season after winning 5 of 6 starts.  I'm talking about injuries (plural).  In Houston he was durable.  It's up to the Browns to perpetuate that, losing BOTH starting Tackles and the backup RT has a way of making a team need to use 5 different QBs (Watson, DTR, Walker, Flacco, Driskel).  If he could stay healthy in Houston - it shouldn't be impossible in Cleveland if the FO gave up what they gave up to bring him here.  

    In saying all that, I'm not gonna sit here and debate Watson with you.  Trust me, I've already been well informed by you that you hate him and hope he fails.  If he gets hurt again next year, I'll add him to the list.  Back to the discussion, let me know if you think there's any other guys that won't play enough football to justify their big cap hit next year.

    Well Im not just talking injury time... I'm talking total missed time.. You know that thing about availibility is all I'm saying

  • @flugel said:

    These are some random thoughts. The Browns BIGGEST challenge seems be what they are paying to guys that are rarely healthy.  Here's a few examples:

    1.) Anthony Walker - love the leadership, experience and consistency when he does play. However, he only had 3 starts in 2022 - and it sure felt like he missed more games than he started in 2023. Seems like I'm more attracted to the IDEA of him than the REALITY of paying him to watch someone else play his position.

    2.) Jack Conklin - When healthy - there isn't a better run blocking RT and he's a reliable pass protector as well.  Key word in that sentence is WHEN.  WHEN we can't ever get/keep him on the field - I'm only attracted to the IDEA of him.  The Browns gave him a generous raise/extension going into last season.

    3.) Denzel Ward - Luckily, he only misses a few games a year so far so he doesn't totally fit the same concern as the 2 guys above.  That said, he's an elite corner so he's not cheap.  When he doesn't play, think back to the Denver game with Ward inactive - promoting Newsome to #1 corner covering Sutton.  I had bulimia watching that. I'm not ready to hope we give up on Ward - I'm just worrying out loud about age/wear and tear increasing the missed games each year moving forward.  If you have a Revis Island out there - you don't want post the sign "Sorry Revis Island is closed again - check back with us in a couple weeks."

    I'd have to put more time into this list than feasting on Senior Bowl practices at this time..

    3) We're not replacing Ward nor Newsome without any 1st round picks. Replace Ward with paying Jed Will's 5th year option, for the time being 🙂 Trade Will's  5th, to the needed Panthers or Jets for higher pick

    2) Maybe wrong? But Conkin fit's #1 & believe his contract has 1 year left?

    1) Paying Anthony Walker's mini contracts don't really bother me.. I just think his knee's aren't worth the risk anymore

    • I may find 3 at combine tampering period to cut loose ? 

    @gumby73 said:

    1) Paying Anthony Walker's mini contracts don't really bother me.. I just think his knee's aren't worth the risk anymore

    • I may find 3 at combine tampering period to cut loose ? 

    This is a concern for me, actually for a long time. I have no beef with Anthony Walker, or frankly any of the LBs.

    BUT- in this pass-happy, spread-type era of offense, it's pretty obvious the Browns value DBs over LBs. Makes sense, however I still think the Browns need a difference maker at LB to add to JOK. Takitaki & Walker seem to get lost at times, under Woods & Schwartz.....is it instincts or scheme? I honestly don't know. 

    The Ratbirds have Roquan Smith & Patrick Queen. Pretty good combo right there. 

    My opinion is the Browns have been weak at LB since 1994. You can't rely on DBs to make all the tackles.

  • @gumby73 said:

    1) Paying Anthony Walker's mini contracts don't really bother me.. I just think his knee's aren't worth the risk anymore

    • I may find 3 at combine tampering period to cut loose ? 

    This is a concern for me, actually for a long time. I have no beef with Anthony Walker, or frankly any of the LBs.

    BUT- in this pass-happy, spread-type era of offense, it's pretty obvious the Browns value DBs over LBs. Makes sense, however I still think the Browns need a difference maker at LB to add to JOK. Takitaki & Walker seem to get lost at times, under Woods & Schwartz.....is it instincts or scheme? I honestly don't know. 

    The Ratbirds have Roquan Smith & Patrick Queen. Pretty good combo right there. 

    My opinion is the Browns have been weak at LB since 1994. You can't rely on DBs to make all the tackles.

    @bob806 said:

    The Ratbirds have Roquan Smith & Patrick Queen. Pretty good combo right there. 

    My opinion is the Browns have been weak at LB since 1994. You can't rely on DBs to make all the tackles.

    This ^^ Look at the final 4 teams that got in..? 

    Schwartz needs to get Berry to rethink it at the position

  • @gumby73 said:

    1) Paying Anthony Walker's mini contracts don't really bother me.. I just think his knee's aren't worth the risk anymore

    • I may find 3 at combine tampering period to cut loose ? 

    This is a concern for me, actually for a long time. I have no beef with Anthony Walker, or frankly any of the LBs.

    BUT- in this pass-happy, spread-type era of offense, it's pretty obvious the Browns value DBs over LBs. Makes sense, however I still think the Browns need a difference maker at LB to add to JOK. Takitaki & Walker seem to get lost at times, under Woods & Schwartz.....is it instincts or scheme? I honestly don't know. 

    The Ratbirds have Roquan Smith & Patrick Queen. Pretty good combo right there. 

    My opinion is the Browns have been weak at LB since 1994. You can't rely on DBs to make all the tackles.

    @bob806 said:

    This is a concern for me, actually for a long time. I have no beef with Anthony Walker, or frankly any of the LBs.

    BUT- in this pass-happy, spread-type era of offense, it's pretty obvious the Browns value DBs over LBs. Makes sense, however I still think the Browns need a difference maker at LB to add to JOK. Takitaki & Walker seem to get lost at times, under Woods & Schwartz.....is it instincts or scheme? I honestly don't know. 

    The Ratbirds have Roquan Smith & Patrick Queen. Pretty good combo right there. 

    My opinion is the Browns have been weak at LB since 1994. You can't rely on DBs to make all the tackles.

    Yet the Browns still keep getting smoked over the middle at times... Or on the outside intermediate hitch routes...

  • @bob806 said:

    This is a concern for me, actually for a long time. I have no beef with Anthony Walker, or frankly any of the LBs.

    BUT- in this pass-happy, spread-type era of offense, it's pretty obvious the Browns value DBs over LBs. Makes sense, however I still think the Browns need a difference maker at LB to add to JOK. Takitaki & Walker seem to get lost at times, under Woods & Schwartz.....is it instincts or scheme? I honestly don't know. 

    The Ratbirds have Roquan Smith & Patrick Queen. Pretty good combo right there. 

    My opinion is the Browns have been weak at LB since 1994. You can't rely on DBs to make all the tackles.

    Yet the Browns still keep getting smoked over the middle at times... Or on the outside intermediate hitch routes...

    @nickers said:

    Yet the Browns still keep getting smoked over the middle at times... Or on the outside intermediate hitch routes...

    True, but remember the offense has an advantage at all times. Good QBs can/will audible.

    I thought the Browns did a much better job on 3rd downs this season, but there's always room for improvement.

    I'd prioritize the LB position this off season.