Skip to content

We're all rooting for the Lions, right?

The Browns Board
55 15 1.9k 1
  • Yes.  I always liked Goff.  I felt bad about his trade.  Made him look like he was trash.

    @orion said:

    Yes.  I always liked Goff.  I felt bad about his trade.  Made him look like he was trash.

    but who is laughing now

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    Yes.  I always liked Goff.  I felt bad about his trade.  Made him look like he was trash.

    but who is laughing now

    @syd said:

    but who is laughing now

    The Rams did win a Super Bowl the first year they had Stafford, so I doubt they regret making the trade.

    I think this is one of those rare "win-win" trades for both teams. 

  • Jared Goff age 29, In 2024, Goff will earn a base salary of $21,650,064 and a roster bonus of $5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $31,650,064 and a dead cap value of $5,000,000.

      UFA in 2025.. Look for a off season extension deal on J. Goff. Lions are 7th in cap space w/ 58M  ?‍?

    SEP 3 2019   Signed a 4 year $134 million contract extension with Los Angeles (LAR)

    JAN 30 2021  Traded to Detroit (DET) from Los Angeles (LAR) with 2023 1st round pick (#6 - traded), 2022 1st round pick (#32 - traded) and 2021 3rd round pick (#101 Ifeatu Melifonwu) for Matthew Stafford

    Stafford turns 36 in 2 days.. In 2024, Stafford will earn a base salary of $31,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $49,500,000 and a dead cap value of $86,500,000.

      POTENTIAL BUY OUT: 2026,   UFA 2027

    MAR 19 2022  Signed a 4 year $160 million contract extension with Los Angeles (LAR)

    Rams started hitting on them F'em draft picks, didn't they?

  • The Rams paid a heavy price for Stafford and a Super Bowl.   We've paid a heavy price too.  But our trophy case is rusty and dusty.

  • The Rams paid a heavy price for Stafford and a Super Bowl.   We've paid a heavy price too.  But our trophy case is rusty and dusty.

    @orion said:

    The Rams paid a heavy price for Stafford and a Super Bowl.   We've paid a heavy price too.  But our trophy case is rusty and dusty.

    Not it's not. It's on fire I tell ya!?

  • @orion said:

    The Rams paid a heavy price for Stafford and a Super Bowl.   We've paid a heavy price too.  But our trophy case is rusty and dusty.

    Not it's not. It's on fire I tell ya!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not it's not. It's on fire I tell ya!?

    Wow ..... that was exciting as i sit here watching.  "The Price is Right"  on our day sleeper on a Tuesday in January.

    Our firefighters getting training.

  • I don’t root for other teams to win. I do however root for teams to lose. Someone PLEASE beat the raturds. I don’t care who does it 

  • I don’t root for other teams to win. I do however root for teams to lose. Someone PLEASE beat the raturds. I don’t care who does it 

    @browns149 said:

    I don’t root for other teams to win. I do however root for teams to lose. Someone PLEASE beat the raturds. I don’t care who does it 

    Yes, I’m sitting here thinking it would be great if the Lions beat Taylor Swift in the SB.

  • @browns149 said:

    I don’t root for other teams to win. I do however root for teams to lose. Someone PLEASE beat the raturds. I don’t care who does it 

    Yes, I’m sitting here thinking it would be great if the Lions beat Taylor Swift in the SB.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yes, I’m sitting here thinking it would be great if the Lions beat Taylor Swift in the SB.

    The NFL wants KC in the SB for sure

  • Before I commit to rooting for the Detroit Lions, I need confirmation that this team is totally on the up-and-up.

    There's this other football team down the road from them that are downright scandalous! ?

  • Before I commit to rooting for the Detroit Lions, I need confirmation that this team is totally on the up-and-up.

    There's this other football team down the road from them that are downright scandalous! ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Before I commit to rooting for the Detroit Lions, I need confirmation that this team is totally on the up-and-up.

    There's this other football team down the road from them that are downright scandalous! ?

    I have no idea who you’re talking about? ?

    IMG_5241.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Before I commit to rooting for the Detroit Lions, I need confirmation that this team is totally on the up-and-up.

    There's this other football team down the road from them that are downright scandalous! ?

    I have no idea who you’re talking about? ?

    IMG_5241.png

    @canton-dawg said:

    I have no idea who you’re talking about? ?

    IMG_5241.png

    LMAO!   Understanding the acro for Flugel's Abs is FLABS - thank you for the 2 minute abs CD!   You turned that hot mess into shredded wheat from a relaxed, seated position.

    This sort of feels like a Jimmy Johnson departure from the Miami Hurricanes to Dallas. 1 year later, "The U" went on probation with college football's version of the death sentence at the time.  And Jimmy Johnson's punishment?  Just a few growing pains before leading Dallas to 2 Super Bowl Championships.  They were so good - they even won the next Super Bowl with Barry Switzer on the bench (not to be confused with the sideline) asking players to pass him the pretzels.  Even more impressive, he almost learned half their names...

    Not to get too sidetracked, but I used to LMAO when the NCAA pretended Nebraska was clean with nothing to investigate in the Tom Osborne era.  At the same time, all Barry Switzer had to do was leave the house - and it was a full-on investigation.  Classic example of all you gotta do is shake the right hands, kiss the right babies and grease the right fannies.  Osborne was so good at that stuff he got into politics.  Switzer, on the other hand, was reduced to hunting with Jed Clampett.

  • Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.


    It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

  • Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.


    It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

    @browns149 said:

    Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.


    It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

    Vacating a title is the dumbest punishment in the history of sports. We all watched the game and saw who won. 

  • @browns149 said:

    Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.


    It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

    Vacating a title is the dumbest punishment in the history of sports. We all watched the game and saw who won. 

    @vaportrail said:

    Vacating a title is the dumbest punishment in the history of sports. We all watched the game and saw who won. 

    I see nothing

  • I'm pulling for anyone who beats Baltiwhore...

  • Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

    Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

  • Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

    Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

    @bbedward said:

    Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

    Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

    Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

    I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.  I can't EVER root for Pittsburgh even if it's against the Rats.  Being born in 64 - that's about a 30 year head start Pittsburgh has on Baltimore in my inventory of earned hatred and extensive reasons to despise a team.  There's nothing better that watching Pittsburgh reach their 5th consecutive post season 1 and done. This includes Cleveland beating them at their dump scoring 48 points even with Cheesecakes at QB (3 TD passes 0 INTs vrs Roethlisberger's 5 turnovers). 

  • @bbedward said:

    Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

    Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

    Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

    I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.  I can't EVER root for Pittsburgh even if it's against the Rats.  Being born in 64 - that's about a 30 year head start Pittsburgh has on Baltimore in my inventory of earned hatred and extensive reasons to despise a team.  There's nothing better that watching Pittsburgh reach their 5th consecutive post season 1 and done. This includes Cleveland beating them at their dump scoring 48 points even with Cheesecakes at QB (3 TD passes 0 INTs vrs Roethlisberger's 5 turnovers). 

    @flugel said:

    Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

    I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.

    Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup? and duck blood? pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).? EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

  • @flugel said:

    Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

    I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.

    Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup? and duck blood? pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).? EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup? and duck blood? pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).? EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

    Thanks for doing what you did for your country Aggies!