Skip to content

We're all rooting for the Lions, right?

The Browns Board
55 15 1.9k 1
  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

    Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

  • Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

    Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @bbedward said:

    Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

    Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

    Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

    I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.  I can't EVER root for Pittsburgh even if it's against the Rats.  Being born in 64 - that's about a 30 year head start Pittsburgh has on Baltimore in my inventory of earned hatred and extensive reasons to despise a team.  There's nothing better that watching Pittsburgh reach their 5th consecutive post season 1 and done. This includes Cleveland beating them at their dump scoring 48 points even with Cheesecakes at QB (3 TD passes 0 INTs vrs Roethlisberger's 5 turnovers). 

  • @bbedward said:

    Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

    Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

    Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

    I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.  I can't EVER root for Pittsburgh even if it's against the Rats.  Being born in 64 - that's about a 30 year head start Pittsburgh has on Baltimore in my inventory of earned hatred and extensive reasons to despise a team.  There's nothing better that watching Pittsburgh reach their 5th consecutive post season 1 and done. This includes Cleveland beating them at their dump scoring 48 points even with Cheesecakes at QB (3 TD passes 0 INTs vrs Roethlisberger's 5 turnovers). 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #26

    @flugel said:

    Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

    I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.

    Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup? and duck blood? pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).? EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

  • @flugel said:

    Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

    I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.

    Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup? and duck blood? pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).? EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup? and duck blood? pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).? EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

    Thanks for doing what you did for your country Aggies!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup? and duck blood? pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).? EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

    Thanks for doing what you did for your country Aggies!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for doing what you did for your country Aggies!

    Thanks Tom. It was something I never questioned. Great Grandfather Civil War, Grandfather WW I and Father WW II. It was expected of me in our family.

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks for doing what you did for your country Aggies!

    Thanks Tom. It was something I never questioned. Great Grandfather Civil War, Grandfather WW I and Father WW II. It was expected of me in our family.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @texasag1969 said:

    Thanks Tom. It was something I never questioned. Great Grandfather Civil War, Grandfather WW I and Father WW II. It was expected of me in our family.

    for some reason i am thinking lt. dan  from forrest gump

  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    Thanks Tom. It was something I never questioned. Great Grandfather Civil War, Grandfather WW I and Father WW II. It was expected of me in our family.

    for some reason i am thinking lt. dan  from forrest gump

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @syd said:

    for some reason i am thinking lt. dan  from forrest gump

    With legs intact and no Purple Heart thank goodness.? Plus I love shrimp no matter how you cook 'em up.?

  • Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.


    It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @browns149 said:

    Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.


    It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

    If you think Michigan is going to have to vacate this national championship you're reaching new levels of stupid 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #32

    michigan cheating cycle.jpeg

  • @browns149 said:

    Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.


    It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

    If you think Michigan is going to have to vacate this national championship you're reaching new levels of stupid 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @mld-woody said:

    If you think Michigan is going to have to vacate this national championship you're reaching new levels of stupid 

    It’s happened before. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    If you think Michigan is going to have to vacate this national championship you're reaching new levels of stupid 

    It’s happened before. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @browns149 said:

    It’s happened before. 

    Like Mary Hardin-Baylor had to vacate their 2016 Div III Championship was ruled final in 2020 by the NCAA.

  • @browns149 said:

    It’s happened before. 

    Like Mary Hardin-Baylor had to vacate their 2016 Div III Championship was ruled final in 2020 by the NCAA.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @texasag1969 said:

    Like Mary Hardin-Baylor had to vacate their 2016 Div III Championship was ruled final in 2020 by the NCAA.

    USC had to vacate a national title 

    according to the NCAA the fab 5 didn’t exist ?

  • @mld-woody said:

    If you think Michigan is going to have to vacate this national championship you're reaching new levels of stupid 

    It’s happened before. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @browns149 said:

    It’s happened before. 

    You missed the part where we beat MSU, PSU, Maryland, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington after the "cheating" stopped. Try to follow along. 

    (And we could get into the known sign stealing by others, including OSU, or OSU sharing signs with other opponents of Michigan, etc. We could dive into Little Ryan's desperate attempts to stop Harbaugh. But no bother doing it again. And if the catapult rumors or true? Oh damn. )

  • @browns149 said:

    It’s happened before. 

    You missed the part where we beat MSU, PSU, Maryland, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington after the "cheating" stopped. Try to follow along. 

    (And we could get into the known sign stealing by others, including OSU, or OSU sharing signs with other opponents of Michigan, etc. We could dive into Little Ryan's desperate attempts to stop Harbaugh. But no bother doing it again. And if the catapult rumors or true? Oh damn. )

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @mld-woody said:

    You missed the part where we beat MSU, PSU, Maryland, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington after the "cheating" stopped. Try to follow along. 

    (And we could get into the known sign stealing by others, including OSU, or OSU sharing signs with other opponents of Michigan, etc. We could dive into Little Ryan's desperate attempts to stop Harbaugh. But no bother doing it again. And if the catapult rumors or true? Oh damn. )

    michigan fan conspiracy theories.jpeg

  • @browns149 said:

    It’s happened before. 

    You missed the part where we beat MSU, PSU, Maryland, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington after the "cheating" stopped. Try to follow along. 

    (And we could get into the known sign stealing by others, including OSU, or OSU sharing signs with other opponents of Michigan, etc. We could dive into Little Ryan's desperate attempts to stop Harbaugh. But no bother doing it again. And if the catapult rumors or true? Oh damn. )

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mld-woody said:

    You missed the part where we beat MSU, PSU, Maryland, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington after the "cheating" stopped. Try to follow along. 

    (And we could get into the known sign stealing by others, including OSU, or OSU sharing signs with other opponents of Michigan, etc. We could dive into Little Ryan's desperate attempts to stop Harbaugh. But no bother doing it again. And if the catapult rumors or true? Oh damn. )

    So now you are admitting the “cheating” happened. That’s the first step

  • @mld-woody said:

    You missed the part where we beat MSU, PSU, Maryland, OSU, Iowa, Alabama, and Washington after the "cheating" stopped. Try to follow along. 

    (And we could get into the known sign stealing by others, including OSU, or OSU sharing signs with other opponents of Michigan, etc. We could dive into Little Ryan's desperate attempts to stop Harbaugh. But no bother doing it again. And if the catapult rumors or true? Oh damn. )

    So now you are admitting the “cheating” happened. That’s the first step

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @browns149 said:

    So now you are admitting the “cheating” happened. That’s the first step

    Second step is admitting they should vacate the games they cheated in prior to that run and then of course the resultant national title once those games are vacated. Be similar to LSU having to vacate (think forfeit) all those games under Les Miles at LSU. They now ALL count as loses.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #40

    IMG_5252.jpeg

  • @browns149 said:

    So now you are admitting the “cheating” happened. That’s the first step

    Second step is admitting they should vacate the games they cheated in prior to that run and then of course the resultant national title once those games are vacated. Be similar to LSU having to vacate (think forfeit) all those games under Les Miles at LSU. They now ALL count as loses.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @texasag1969 said:

    Second step is admitting they should vacate the games they cheated in prior to that run and then of course the resultant national title once those games are vacated. Be similar to LSU having to vacate (think forfeit) all those games under Les Miles at LSU. They now ALL count as loses.

    They should also be stripped of their nat'l championship title as well....

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Second step is admitting they should vacate the games they cheated in prior to that run and then of course the resultant national title once those games are vacated. Be similar to LSU having to vacate (think forfeit) all those games under Les Miles at LSU. They now ALL count as loses.

    They should also be stripped of their nat'l championship title as well....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @nickers said:

    They should also be stripped of their nat'l championship title as well....

    I still get a kick out of the coincidence that they played that Championship Game in the same city where the sign stealing Houston Asterisks played.  

  • @nickers said:

    They should also be stripped of their nat'l championship title as well....

    I still get a kick out of the coincidence that they played that Championship Game in the same city where the sign stealing Houston Asterisks played.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @flugel said:

    I still get a kick out of the coincidence that they played that Championship Game in the same city where the sign stealing Houston Asterisks played.  

    Great catch!!... Things that make you go... "Hmmm"