Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects

Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
2024
166 Posts 11 Posters 6.1k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #1

    Here they come.. Here's your Place to Post'em !

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/browns-kingsley-suamataia-malachi-corley-2024-nfl-draft-mock/?itm_source=parsely-api

    Between the Senior Bowl & up past the NFL Combine, as the normal, players prospect ranking Stock will go up & down boards

    The Athletic writer Dane Brugler, compiles some of the best individual player scouting reports that flux very little from Mock 1.0

    Beginning video at Saints pick #45 to end of Round 2 

    No perfect science to any of this Madness.. but, like several names falling all around Browns pick #54 

    Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
    1 Reply Last reply
    👍 ❤
    Quote Reply
    • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 23k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.?

      gumby73G tiamat63T 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • T TexasAg1969

        I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.?

        gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 11k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
        #3

        @texasag1969 said:

        I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.?

        @mld-woody  Asking for a  friend..😁

        Why would Michigan LB Junior Colson go at pick #50? Before Aggies LB Edgerrin Cooper at pick #55? in above Mock

        Can Junior push Taki or replace Anthony Walker Jr, worth our pick #54 ?  or was Colston game, used like JOK ?

        edit-- Live in NC. Love NC State LB Payton Wilson. Hate his injury history

        Have them Ranked.. Cooper/ Colson/ / Miss.St. Boogie Watson// than NC.St.- Payton Wilson due to injury ,behind Boogie 

        Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
        T MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • gumby73G gumby73

          @texasag1969 said:

          I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.?

          @mld-woody  Asking for a  friend..😁

          Why would Michigan LB Junior Colson go at pick #50? Before Aggies LB Edgerrin Cooper at pick #55? in above Mock

          Can Junior push Taki or replace Anthony Walker Jr, worth our pick #54 ?  or was Colston game, used like JOK ?

          edit-- Live in NC. Love NC State LB Payton Wilson. Hate his injury history

          Have them Ranked.. Cooper/ Colson/ / Miss.St. Boogie Watson// than NC.St.- Payton Wilson due to injury ,behind Boogie 

          TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 23k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
          #4

          @gumby73 said:

          @mld-woody  Asking for a  friend..😁

          Why would Michigan LB Junior Colson go at pick #50? Before Aggies LB Edgerrin Cooper at pick #55? in above Mock

          Can Junior push Taki or replace Anthony Walker Jr, worth our pick #54 ?  or was Colston game, used like JOK ?

          edit-- Live in NC. Love NC State LB Payton Wilson. Hate his injury history

          Have them Ranked.. Cooper/ Colson/ / Miss.St. Boogie Watson// than NC.St.- Payton Wilson due to injury ,behind Boogie 

          Why did he say in the video, "I would not be surprised if E.C. out of A&M becomes the top LB in this class."? He needs to make up his mind. LOL! Just saying for a friend. EDIT: Cooper is better than Tacoman whom I've never really been impressed with.

          gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • T TexasAg1969

            @gumby73 said:

            @mld-woody  Asking for a  friend..😁

            Why would Michigan LB Junior Colson go at pick #50? Before Aggies LB Edgerrin Cooper at pick #55? in above Mock

            Can Junior push Taki or replace Anthony Walker Jr, worth our pick #54 ?  or was Colston game, used like JOK ?

            edit-- Live in NC. Love NC State LB Payton Wilson. Hate his injury history

            Have them Ranked.. Cooper/ Colson/ / Miss.St. Boogie Watson// than NC.St.- Payton Wilson due to injury ,behind Boogie 

            Why did he say in the video, "I would not be surprised if E.C. out of A&M becomes the top LB in this class."? He needs to make up his mind. LOL! Just saying for a friend. EDIT: Cooper is better than Tacoman whom I've never really been impressed with.

            gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 11k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @texasag1969 said:

            A.) Why did he say in the video, "I would not be surprised if E.C. out of A&M becomes the top LB in this class."? He needs to make up his mind. LOL! Just saying for a friend.

            B.) EDIT: Cooper is better than Tacoman whom I've never really been impressed with.

            A. That's Tom Downey reading Dane's picks. Here's Dane  download.jpg.32eb22c63fc48ac691f5571e70b6aedc.jpg  Downey sometimes does a podcast w/Dane, so Downey took his shots at his opinions

            B.) not hip ?to nickname.. Who's  Tacoman? _______________   wait...Is their a Kool-aide Man that runs thru walls? 😉

            Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 11k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
              #6

               initial ramblings on Dane's Mock.

              1.) Dane's higher on teams reaching for late 1st round Tackles than I was thinking. 24.Guyton  27. Kingsley  32. Morgan   36.Paul .. In a few days, Dane will post another Mock after the Senior Bowl. 

              2.) If we were to replace Teller's contract? I'm higher on K-st. Cooper Beebe pick #40, than Kansas Puni who went a few picks ahead of Cooper   

              3.) Polk, Worthy, McConkey, Franklin..  hope the WR run last long enough until our pick  ? Bonus if we come out with a WR/Punt Returner (Worthy,Polk,McConkey)

              Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 15k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Browns definitely need to look at OLinemen across the board... At tackle, at guard, at center for the long-term.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • gumby73G gumby73

                  @texasag1969 said:

                  I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.?

                  @mld-woody  Asking for a  friend..😁

                  Why would Michigan LB Junior Colson go at pick #50? Before Aggies LB Edgerrin Cooper at pick #55? in above Mock

                  Can Junior push Taki or replace Anthony Walker Jr, worth our pick #54 ?  or was Colston game, used like JOK ?

                  edit-- Live in NC. Love NC State LB Payton Wilson. Hate his injury history

                  Have them Ranked.. Cooper/ Colson/ / Miss.St. Boogie Watson// than NC.St.- Payton Wilson due to injury ,behind Boogie 

                  MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                  • 33k Posts
                  • 3k Reputation
                  MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @gumby73 said:

                  @mld-woody  Asking for a  friend..😁

                  Why would Michigan LB Junior Colson go at pick #50? Before Aggies LB Edgerrin Cooper at pick #55? in above Mock

                  Can Junior push Taki or replace Anthony Walker Jr, worth our pick #54 ?  or was Colston game, used like JOK ?

                  edit-- Live in NC. Love NC State LB Payton Wilson. Hate his injury history

                  Have them Ranked.. Cooper/ Colson/ / Miss.St. Boogie Watson// than NC.St.- Payton Wilson due to injury ,behind Boogie 

                  Idk enough about the Aggies LB. Colson is probably built like a "prototypical" LB with the ability to move really well in space. 

                  Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  ❤
                  Quote Reply
                  • T TexasAg1969

                    I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.?

                    tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                    • 13k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @texasag1969 said:

                    I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.?

                    For .....what?  You want me to earmark this kid down so I can do a review or...? 

                    The Tommy Eichenburg in the 5th is interesting.  I love T.E. for the Buckeye he is, but I have questions about his eyes and landmarks in coverage.  And his ability to work to gaps off misdirection.  scUMs biggest adjustment the 2nd half of that game was working their weakside plays off that ghost jet.  Tommy was routinely a couple steps behind.  We already have enough LBs on the roster like that. 

                    T 1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • tiamat63T tiamat63

                      @texasag1969 said:

                      I noticed that Edgerrin Cooper from A&M is his first LB overall off the board. Need a tia sighting here.?

                      For .....what?  You want me to earmark this kid down so I can do a review or...? 

                      The Tommy Eichenburg in the 5th is interesting.  I love T.E. for the Buckeye he is, but I have questions about his eyes and landmarks in coverage.  And his ability to work to gaps off misdirection.  scUMs biggest adjustment the 2nd half of that game was working their weakside plays off that ghost jet.  Tommy was routinely a couple steps behind.  We already have enough LBs on the roster like that. 

                      TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 23k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @tiamat63 said:

                      For .....what?  You want me to earmark this kid down so I can do a review or...?

                      Nah, just messin' with ya. But if you want to take a look, feel free. I doubt we go the LB route in the 2nd anyway and he'll be gone when our 3rd round pick comes up. Premature to make accurate draft predictions since the FA period starts March 13. Kind of need to see what we actually look like before the draft on April 25-27.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 7k Posts
                        • 3k Reputation
                        sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        how in the hell did zona get so many picks ? and wtf Guyton moving up to the first round ? 

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 7k Posts
                          • 3k Reputation
                          sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                          #12
                          • Jack’s Version 2.0
                          • Matt’s Version 1.0
                          • Jared’s Version 1.0
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          ❤
                          Quote Reply
                          • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 9k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

                            BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                            Dutch OvenD gumby73G FlugelF ballpeenB 4 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • OrionO Orion

                              Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

                              Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 15k Posts
                              • 8k Reputation
                              Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @orion said:

                              Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

                              It is tough, you almost have to come up with like ten guys you'd like at the spot so you can get interested... 

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • OrionO Orion

                                Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

                                gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 11k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                                #15

                                @orion said:

                                  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

                                That's just it. A slew of Mocks got posted last season up until March 22 2023.. (5 weeks before the draft)

                                Jets traded WR Elijah Moore & a 3rd round pick #74 to the Browns. That turned into Elijah Moore & Cedric Tillman. The Jets took a Center, Joe Tippman at the pick we traded #43 

                                Who's to say Berry might find trading #54 is the better option again? (pro GM's/staffs get paid to project players draft slot windows/ misfits too,KC K. Toney, example only)

                                Attach trading Greg Newsome(rumors) or Wyatt Teller (contract) to pick #54? pick 85? 

                                Berry only needs to get the first 55 drafted players coming off the board correct.. Mock experts can't get the first 32 correct  ?

                                Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                                gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • OrionO Orion

                                  Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

                                  Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 11k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @orion said:

                                  Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

                                  Yeah, it's been an adjustment trying to get excited about drafts without a 1st round pick.  That said, it sure seemed like the caliber of 1st round picks went from guys like Myles Garrett, David Njoku and Denzel Ward via Dorsey to Jed Wills and Greg Newsome from Berry.   The only starter Berry drafted on the OL was Wills; and that's unfolded like a silent but deadly fart in a crowded elevator.  As for Newsome, he's not awful but I think we could have found equitable talent in rounds 2 or 3. 

                                  The mock drafts are helpful to us with getting acquainted with the prospects a little better.  I usually like to wait until the combines before I indulge in it a little more.

                                  I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                  OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                    • 13k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
                                    #17

                                     Maybe it's just me, but I find more contentment in scouting for the middle to late rounds.   Usually first round ability is self-evident.   I pride myself on having an eye for talent, and that eye is incredibly useful (necessary) when the waters are muddied past pick #32.   

                                     It's sort of a competition I like having, with myself and/or others, on seeing whose picks workout.  That was something Tour, god rest him, and myself had a fun back n forth on.  

                                     Those are also the picks that support your star players.  And the roles they fill are vital as a collective. Roster turnover at the mid to bottom.  When you realize how important those roles are, you'll find excitement in finding those players. 

                                    OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • FlugelF Flugel

                                      @orion said:

                                      Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it.  But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on.  I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.

                                      Yeah, it's been an adjustment trying to get excited about drafts without a 1st round pick.  That said, it sure seemed like the caliber of 1st round picks went from guys like Myles Garrett, David Njoku and Denzel Ward via Dorsey to Jed Wills and Greg Newsome from Berry.   The only starter Berry drafted on the OL was Wills; and that's unfolded like a silent but deadly fart in a crowded elevator.  As for Newsome, he's not awful but I think we could have found equitable talent in rounds 2 or 3. 

                                      The mock drafts are helpful to us with getting acquainted with the prospects a little better.  I usually like to wait until the combines before I indulge in it a little more.

                                      Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 9k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @flugel said:

                                      As for Newsome, he's not awful but I think we could have found equitable talent in rounds 2 or 3.    Agreed.  And he doesn't have a whole lot of speed.

                                      The mock drafts are helpful to us with getting acquainted with the prospects a little better.  I usually like to wait until the combines before I indulge in it a little more.

                                      Yes.  I like the combine.  I like watching the receivers run the gauntlet.  I don't think anyone's made it look easier than Emmanuel Sanders did.  (we passed on him and the Steelers took him.......I was disappointed)

                                      BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • tiamat63T tiamat63

                                         Maybe it's just me, but I find more contentment in scouting for the middle to late rounds.   Usually first round ability is self-evident.   I pride myself on having an eye for talent, and that eye is incredibly useful (necessary) when the waters are muddied past pick #32.   

                                         It's sort of a competition I like having, with myself and/or others, on seeing whose picks workout.  That was something Tour, god rest him, and myself had a fun back n forth on.  

                                         Those are also the picks that support your star players.  And the roles they fill are vital as a collective. Roster turnover at the mid to bottom.  When you realize how important those roles are, you'll find excitement in finding those players. 

                                        Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 9k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @tiamat63 said:

                                         Those are also the picks that support your star players.  And the roles they fill are vital as a collective. Roster turnover at the mid to bottom.  When you realize how important those roles are,

                                        ...good post.   And I absolutely understand how important those mid to lower rounds are  (7th ??  meh,  glorified FA's - although you have to study the perceived FA's also).  But the time and effort for me to do that is just not gonna happen.  Like Flugal, I'll check out some mocks for our earlier rounds...I'll check out draft rankings of the position groups to see who I might like at that pick...but beyond that......umm.....you do it....and I'll just blindly disagree.  🙂 

                                        BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        😂
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 7k Posts
                                          • 3k Reputation
                                          sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          News about Ohio State Dt Michael Hall Jr 2024 Draft

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate