Skip to content

Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
166 11 6.1k 1
  • All the players that are pending free agents, after the 2024 season have been removed from this chart. This gives us a indication of position rooms where they have the most need to draft someone and prepare for the future.

    The best teams in the NFL will draft a year in advance so they aren't relying on a rookie to be a role player, give them a year in the system to develop.

    1.) Add Jerry Jeudy to WR's

    2.) All other players have expiring contracts or on 1 year expiring contracts after 2024. Except listed

    12341003.thumb.png.ac6dccfb369855082b44bbc8a529293f.png

    3.) Key contracts would fall on Chubb/ Cooper/ Newsome/ Wills & JOK

     Browns could Draft BPA in many positions 

  • All the players that are pending free agents, after the 2024 season have been removed from this chart. This gives us a indication of position rooms where they have the most need to draft someone and prepare for the future.

    The best teams in the NFL will draft a year in advance so they aren't relying on a rookie to be a role player, give them a year in the system to develop.

    1.) Add Jerry Jeudy to WR's

    2.) All other players have expiring contracts or on 1 year expiring contracts after 2024. Except listed

    12341003.thumb.png.ac6dccfb369855082b44bbc8a529293f.png

    3.) Key contracts would fall on Chubb/ Cooper/ Newsome/ Wills & JOK

     Browns could Draft BPA in many positions 

    @gumby73 said:

    The best teams in the NFL will draft a year in advance so they aren't relying on a rookie to be a role player, give them a year in the system to develop.

    ...an old NFL saying used to be:  You lose one game for every rookie that you have to start.  

  • Good Night of Carolina College Basketball !  ? what'd I miss?

    Like 7-11... WR's are always open. What fans hate when they get open? Is WR drop rates..

    It's @texasag1969 Birthday week.. HB pal ! Would you believe we both logged in here 10 years ago !

    Texas A&M WR Ainias Smith has a pair of great catching hands.. 1.9% drop rate 

    Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft:

    • Johnny Wilson: 16.1%  

    • Javon Baker: 10.6%

    • Devontez Walker: 8.5%

    • Troy Franklin: 7.3%

    • Keon Coleman: 7.2%

    • Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%

    • Ladd McConkey: 6.3%

    • Xavier Worthy: 5.4%

    • Malik Nabers: 4.9%

    • Xavier Legette: 4.8%

    • Rome Odunze: 4.8%

    • Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%

    • Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%

       Ainias Smith:   1.9%

    • Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%

    coded as DR. more WR draftee details here https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-wr-prospects-pff-grades-big-board-ranks/  bonus stats on contested catches

    Browns drop rates last season..

    Last year
    Coop- 6.2
    Chief- 9.3
    Moore- 7.6
    Bell- 8.3
    Tillman- 4.6
    Jeudy- 6.9
  • I finally found Lindy's Pro Football Draft Magazine at the store yesterday.  I've always liked the way they beat to their own drum in terms of where they are willing to project prospects. I also notice heights and weights of various prospects can vary from 1 publication/site to another. I'm going to find out with you if they dared to be different this year as I post their version of top 5 prospects in each position and their overall grade for the position group. I'll begin with defense this morning (I'll get the offense later today or tomorrow):

    SAFETY GRADE C-: 

    1. Tyler Nubin, Minnesota 6-1 212 rd 1-2; 2. Kamren Kinchens, Miami 5-11 205 rd 2; 3. Jaden Hicks, Washington State 6-2 212 rd 2-3; 4. Tykee Smith, Georgia 5-10 206 rd 3-4; 5. Calen Bullock, USC 6-2 193 rd 4

    CORNER GRADE A+: 

    1. Nate Wiggins, Clemson 6-2 189 rd 1; 2. Terrion Arnold, Alabama 6-0 190 rd 1; 3. Kool-Aid  McKinstry, Alabama 6-0 196 rd1; 4. Cooper DeJean, Iowa 6-1 205 rd 1; 5. Ennis Rakestraw Jr, Missouri 6-0 185 rd 2

    OLB GRADE B-: 

    1. Dallas Turner, Alabama 6-4 242 rd 1; 2. Chop Robinson, Penn State 6-3 254 rd 1-2; 3. Junior Colson, Michigan 6-3 247 rd 2; 4. Chris Braswell, Alabama 6-3 252 rd 2-3; 5. Ty'Ron Hopper, Missouri 6-2 225 rd 3

    ILB GRADE B+:

    1. Cedric Gray, North Carolina 6-2 235 rd 1-2; 2. Payton Wilson, NC State 6-4 238 rd 2; 3. Trevin Wallace, Kentucky 6-1 241 2nd rd; 4. Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M 6-3 230 rd 2-3; 5. Jeremiah Trotter, Clemson 6-0 230 rd 3-4

    DEFENSIVE TACKLE GRADE A-:

    1. Jer'Zhan Newston, Illinois 6-1 300, rd 1; 2. Darius Robinson, Missouri 6-5 293 rd 2; 3. Byron Murphy II, Texas 6-1 308 rd 2; 4. Kris Jenkins, Michigan 6-3 298 rd 2; 5. Maason Smith, LSU 6-6 315 rd 2

    DEFENSIVE END GRADE D+:

    1. Jared Verse, Florida State 6-3 252 rd 1; 2. Laiatu Latu, UCLA 6-5 261 rd 1; 3. Adisa Isaac, Penn State 6-4 246 rd 2;  4. Austin Booker, Kansas 6-5 245 rd 2; 5. Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan 6-3 275 rd 2-3

  • @flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)

    Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?

    I'll start.

  • @flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)

    Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?

    I'll start.

    @dutch-oven said:

    @flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)

    Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?

    I'll start.

    Sure. Thanks!  I'll do mine this afternoon.  Biggest surprise I found on defense in Lindy's Draft Mag was them projecting Texas' T'Vondre Sweat for round 3 as their 8th highest rated DT. I doubt he even makes it to #54 overall in round 2.  Athlon has him as their 3rd best DT projected for round 2. As I said in my previous post - these rankings/projections can vary from 1 Magazine/Site to another.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    @flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)

    Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?

    I'll start.

    Sure. Thanks!  I'll do mine this afternoon.  Biggest surprise I found on defense in Lindy's Draft Mag was them projecting Texas' T'Vondre Sweat for round 3 as their 8th highest rated DT. I doubt he even makes it to #54 overall in round 2.  Athlon has him as their 3rd best DT projected for round 2. As I said in my previous post - these rankings/projections can vary from 1 Magazine/Site to another.

    @flugel said:

    Sure. Thanks!  I'll do mine this afternoon.  Biggest surprise I found on defense in Lindy's Draft Mag was them projecting Texas' T'Vondre Sweat for round 3 as their 8th highest rated DT. I doubt he even makes it to #54 overall in round 2.  Athlon has him as their 3rd best DT projected for round 2. As I said in my previous post - these rankings/projections can vary from 1 Magazine/Site to another.

    I kind of get it though.

    Off the top of my head, I can't think of a ton of mammoth DTackles that have come into the NFL and done much. They tend to get exposed as one-trick pony's who struggle to make a big impact. 

  • @flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)

    Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?

    I'll start.

    @dutch-oven said:

    @flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)

    Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?

    I'll start.

    Thanks Dutch & sure

    I'll need a day or 2 to update both rounds found here on page 3.. My sister from Toledo called, to make 3 X 45 minute drives to Detroit to get to each day of the draft. Flights to Detroit, the day prior to draft are cheap at 100 bucks from NC.. I'm having ticket price drama getting back to NC for this thing called a job 😆.. Sister Barb, needs a answer today...

      Shall we pack a gun to a Detroit NFL Draft ? Free lodging, just need the car rides to/from draft

  • Here's my 3rd round shortlist for the Browns:

    WR Devontez Walker, North Carolina 6'2, 200lbs. Good size with ability to get separation.

    OG Tanor Bortolini, Wisconsin. 6'4, 310lbs. Versatile interior OLineman. Plays like a wrestler but has great quickness for pulling. 

    DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson. 6'4, 290lbs. Very good interior pass rusher, needs work vs the run. 

    ILB Tommy Eichenberg, Ohio State 6'2, 236lbs. Smart, tough player. Average athlete. 

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251lbs. Might be the most overall well-rounded TE in this weak class. 

    CB T.J. Tampa, Iowa State. 6'2, 195lbs. Good size, wingspan and a strong tackler.

    S Calen Bullock, USC. 6'2, 193lbs. Ballhawk with tremendous range. 

    Yes, I put in Cade Stover again. Perhaps I reached for him  by inserting him into my second round shortlist. Well, here he is again! ?

  • From Walter:

    77. Zak Zinter, G, Michigan.Previously: 
    78. Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina.
    79. Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest.
    80. Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson.
    81. Johnny Wilson, WR, Florida State.
    82. Christian Haynes, G, Connecticut.
    83. Justin Eboigbe, DT, Alabama.
    84. Christian Jones, OT, Texas.
    85. Tommy Eichenberg, LB, Ohio State.
    86. Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon.
    87. Jaheim Bell, TE, Florida State.
    88. Brenden Rice, WR, USC.
    89. Marshawn Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan.
    90. Dominic Puni, OT, Kansas.
    91. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota.
    92. Jaylen Warren, RB, Tennessee.
    93. Trevor Keegan, G, Michigan.

    --------  Some people like OT Puni for us in round 3.  But he just sounds too small for an OLineman.   🙂  

  • Here's my 3rd round shortlist for the Browns:

    WR Devontez Walker, North Carolina 6'2, 200lbs. Good size with ability to get separation.

    OG Tanor Bortolini, Wisconsin. 6'4, 310lbs. Versatile interior OLineman. Plays like a wrestler but has great quickness for pulling. 

    DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson. 6'4, 290lbs. Very good interior pass rusher, needs work vs the run. 

    ILB Tommy Eichenberg, Ohio State 6'2, 236lbs. Smart, tough player. Average athlete. 

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251lbs. Might be the most overall well-rounded TE in this weak class. 

    CB T.J. Tampa, Iowa State. 6'2, 195lbs. Good size, wingspan and a strong tackler.

    S Calen Bullock, USC. 6'2, 193lbs. Ballhawk with tremendous range. 

    Yes, I put in Cade Stover again. Perhaps I reached for him  by inserting him into my second round shortlist. Well, here he is again! ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's my 3rd round shortlist for the Browns:

    WR Devontez Walker, North Carolina 6'2, 200lbs. Good size with ability to get separation.

    OG Tanor Bortolini, Wisconsin. 6'4, 310lbs. Versatile interior OLineman. Plays like a wrestler but has great quickness for pulling. 

    DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson. 6'4, 290lbs. Very good interior pass rusher, needs work vs the run. 

    ILB Tommy Eichenberg, Ohio State 6'2, 236lbs. Smart, tough player. Average athlete. 

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251lbs. Might be the most overall well-rounded TE in this weak class. 

    CB T.J. Tampa, Iowa State. 6'2, 195lbs. Good size, wingspan and a strong tackler.

    S Calen Bullock, USC. 6'2, 193lbs. Ballhawk with tremendous range. 

    Yes, I put in Cade Stover again. Perhaps I reached for him  by inserting him into my second round shortlist. Well, here he is again! ?

    Looks really good!  Stover is a great idea for this round and I liked him for the 2nd round.  I think he's going to be a great NFL TE.  

  • Watching Beebe from KState. 

     His footwork is like going against your old man playing basketball. Nothing quick or fancy, but not a lot of wasted motion so very 'fluid'.    He's a bit top heavy, but he gets a great punch in his short sets. Had a great trap on Sweat to start things off, and walled the big man really well. Does a good job not tipping his pulls and gets lateral then down the line to his target reasonably well and in tight movements. Doesn't arrive with the worst of intentions, but when he's singled up in straight drop pass pro, where he shines is his hand work and upper body strength. Wonder if home boy has spent time at tackle? Because his patient footwork and pass pro strike really scream like he's been coached there.

    Either way, I like what I see so far and I've only gotten through his full game against Texas and their Dline.

  • Watching Beebe from KState. 

     His footwork is like going against your old man playing basketball. Nothing quick or fancy, but not a lot of wasted motion so very 'fluid'.    He's a bit top heavy, but he gets a great punch in his short sets. Had a great trap on Sweat to start things off, and walled the big man really well. Does a good job not tipping his pulls and gets lateral then down the line to his target reasonably well and in tight movements. Doesn't arrive with the worst of intentions, but when he's singled up in straight drop pass pro, where he shines is his hand work and upper body strength. Wonder if home boy has spent time at tackle? Because his patient footwork and pass pro strike really scream like he's been coached there.

    Either way, I like what I see so far and I've only gotten through his full game against Texas and their Dline.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Watching Beebe

    He might be there for round 2.

  • @flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)

    Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?

    I'll start.

    @dutch-oven said:

    @flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)

    Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?

    I'll start.

    Here's a random order of my top 5 guys for round 3:

    OG/OT. Isaiah Adams, Illinois 6-4 318 - He was a Team Captain that played LG in 2022 before moving to RT and playing well in 2023.

    WR. Brenden Rice, USC 6-3 210 - Scored 12 TDs in 2023 on 45 receptions for 791 yards at 17.6 YPC. Jerry Rice is his dad so I have a good feeling about his work ethic, upside and access to the best tutor possible.

    RB. Braelon Allen, Wisconsin 6-2 245 - Oh yes I did!  He's only 20 years old.  As an 17 year old Freshman in the Big 10 - he rushed for 1268 yards while averaging 6.8 yards per carry and scoring 12 rushing TDs.  1 year later, he ran for 1242 yards at 5.4 YPC and scoring 11 TDs.  As a 19 year old he only played 11 games and rushed for 984 yards with the 5.4 YPC average again scoring 12 TDs on the ground again. It says he'll only be 20 years old for his entire rookie season.  

    LB. Jaylan Ford, Texas 6-2 235 - Made 119 Tackles with 10 TFL as a junior and 101 Tackles with 10.5 TFL as a senior. Projected as a 3 down LBer at the next level with 6 INTs and 4 PBU over the last 2 years.  

    SAFETY. Jaden Hicks, Washington State 6-3 212 -76 Tackles in 2022 and 79 Tackles in 2023 with 6 TFL and 2.5 sacks. 

  • Watching Beebe from KState. 

     His footwork is like going against your old man playing basketball. Nothing quick or fancy, but not a lot of wasted motion so very 'fluid'.    He's a bit top heavy, but he gets a great punch in his short sets. Had a great trap on Sweat to start things off, and walled the big man really well. Does a good job not tipping his pulls and gets lateral then down the line to his target reasonably well and in tight movements. Doesn't arrive with the worst of intentions, but when he's singled up in straight drop pass pro, where he shines is his hand work and upper body strength. Wonder if home boy has spent time at tackle? Because his patient footwork and pass pro strike really scream like he's been coached there.

    Either way, I like what I see so far and I've only gotten through his full game against Texas and their Dline.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Watching Beebe from KState. 

     His footwork is like going against your old man playing basketball. Nothing quick or fancy, but not a lot of wasted motion so very 'fluid'.    He's a bit top heavy, but he gets a great punch in his short sets. Had a great trap on Sweat to start things off, and walled the big man really well. Does a good job not tipping his pulls and gets lateral then down the line to his target reasonably well and in tight movements. Doesn't arrive with the worst of intentions, but when he's singled up in straight drop pass pro, where he shines is his hand work and upper body strength. Wonder if home boy has spent time at tackle? Because his patient footwork and pass pro strike really scream like he's been coached there.

    Either way, I like what I see so far and I've only gotten through his full game against Texas and their Dline.

    He has played Tackle in his early years at K-State but his arm length is only 31 1/2".  I read he's played both Guard positions and both Tackle positions.  

  • Rd  2     Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas.      6'4  /  243 lb  

    Rd  3     Brenden Rice, WR, USC.      6'2  /  208  lb.   ( I wanna see who's kid is better in the NFL, Marvin Harrison's or Jerry Rices's)  

  • Good Night of Carolina College Basketball !  ? what'd I miss?

    Like 7-11... WR's are always open. What fans hate when they get open? Is WR drop rates..

    It's @texasag1969 Birthday week.. HB pal ! Would you believe we both logged in here 10 years ago !

    Texas A&M WR Ainias Smith has a pair of great catching hands.. 1.9% drop rate 

    Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft:

    • Johnny Wilson: 16.1%  

    • Javon Baker: 10.6%

    • Devontez Walker: 8.5%

    • Troy Franklin: 7.3%

    • Keon Coleman: 7.2%

    • Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%

    • Ladd McConkey: 6.3%

    • Xavier Worthy: 5.4%

    • Malik Nabers: 4.9%

    • Xavier Legette: 4.8%

    • Rome Odunze: 4.8%

    • Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%

    • Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%

       Ainias Smith:   1.9%

    • Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%

    coded as DR. more WR draftee details here https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-wr-prospects-pff-grades-big-board-ranks/  bonus stats on contested catches

    Browns drop rates last season..

    Last year
    Coop- 6.2
    Chief- 9.3
    Moore- 7.6
    Bell- 8.3
    Tillman- 4.6
    Jeudy- 6.9

    @gumby73 said:

    Good Night of Carolina College Basketball !  ? what'd I miss?

    Like 7-11... WR's are always open. What fans hate when they get open? Is WR drop rates..

    It's @texasag1969 Birthday week.. HB pal ! Would you believe we both logged in here 10 years ago !

    Texas A&M WR Ainias Smith has a pair of great catching hands.. 1.9% drop rate 

    Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft:

    • Johnny Wilson: 16.1%  

    • Javon Baker: 10.6%

    • Devontez Walker: 8.5%

    • Troy Franklin: 7.3%

    • Keon Coleman: 7.2%

    • Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%

    • Ladd McConkey: 6.3%

    • Xavier Worthy: 5.4%

    • Malik Nabers: 4.9%

    • Xavier Legette: 4.8%

    • Rome Odunze: 4.8%

    • Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%

    • Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%

       Ainias Smith:   1.9%

    • Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%

    coded as DR. more WR draftee details here https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-wr-prospects-pff-grades-big-board-ranks/  bonus stats on contested catches

    Browns drop rates last season..

    Last year
    Coop- 6.2
    Chief- 9.3
    Moore- 7.6
    Bell- 8.3
    Tillman- 4.6
    Jeudy- 6.9

    I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Good Night of Carolina College Basketball !  ? what'd I miss?

    Like 7-11... WR's are always open. What fans hate when they get open? Is WR drop rates..

    It's @texasag1969 Birthday week.. HB pal ! Would you believe we both logged in here 10 years ago !

    Texas A&M WR Ainias Smith has a pair of great catching hands.. 1.9% drop rate 

    Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft:

    • Johnny Wilson: 16.1%  

    • Javon Baker: 10.6%

    • Devontez Walker: 8.5%

    • Troy Franklin: 7.3%

    • Keon Coleman: 7.2%

    • Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%

    • Ladd McConkey: 6.3%

    • Xavier Worthy: 5.4%

    • Malik Nabers: 4.9%

    • Xavier Legette: 4.8%

    • Rome Odunze: 4.8%

    • Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%

    • Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%

       Ainias Smith:   1.9%

    • Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%

    coded as DR. more WR draftee details here https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-wr-prospects-pff-grades-big-board-ranks/  bonus stats on contested catches

    Browns drop rates last season..

    Last year
    Coop- 6.2
    Chief- 9.3
    Moore- 7.6
    Bell- 8.3
    Tillman- 4.6
    Jeudy- 6.9

    I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.

    How do you pronounce the kid's first name?

    I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.

    How do you pronounce the kid's first name?

    I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    How do you pronounce the kid's first name?

    I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?

    They will be now...

  • Rd  2     Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas.      6'4  /  243 lb  

    Rd  3     Brenden Rice, WR, USC.      6'2  /  208  lb.   ( I wanna see who's kid is better in the NFL, Marvin Harrison's or Jerry Rices's)  

    @orion said:

    Rd  3     Brenden Rice, WR, USC.      6'2  /  208  lb.   ( I wanna see who's kid is better in the NFL, Marvin Harrison's or Jerry Rices's)  

    I listed Rice too. It's gonna be very interesting to see which guy has the better NFL career.  The only one we have a shot at drafting is Rice. Both Rice and Harrison are bigger than their dads.  Without an official stop watch confirming this - Harrison is rumored to be faster than his dad (inclusive of a much bigger wing span).  The one thing nobody ever seems to talk about or admire much with Harrison or Rice was their durability perpetuating all their awesome accomplishments.