Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects
-
Watching Beebe from KState.
His footwork is like going against your old man playing basketball. Nothing quick or fancy, but not a lot of wasted motion so very 'fluid'. He's a bit top heavy, but he gets a great punch in his short sets. Had a great trap on Sweat to start things off, and walled the big man really well. Does a good job not tipping his pulls and gets lateral then down the line to his target reasonably well and in tight movements. Doesn't arrive with the worst of intentions, but when he's singled up in straight drop pass pro, where he shines is his hand work and upper body strength. Wonder if home boy has spent time at tackle? Because his patient footwork and pass pro strike really scream like he's been coached there.
Either way, I like what I see so far and I've only gotten through his full game against Texas and their Dline.
Watching Beebe from KState.
His footwork is like going against your old man playing basketball. Nothing quick or fancy, but not a lot of wasted motion so very 'fluid'. He's a bit top heavy, but he gets a great punch in his short sets. Had a great trap on Sweat to start things off, and walled the big man really well. Does a good job not tipping his pulls and gets lateral then down the line to his target reasonably well and in tight movements. Doesn't arrive with the worst of intentions, but when he's singled up in straight drop pass pro, where he shines is his hand work and upper body strength. Wonder if home boy has spent time at tackle? Because his patient footwork and pass pro strike really scream like he's been coached there.
Either way, I like what I see so far and I've only gotten through his full game against Texas and their Dline.
He has played Tackle in his early years at K-State but his arm length is only 31 1/2". I read he's played both Guard positions and both Tackle positions.
-
Good Night of Carolina College Basketball ! ? what'd I miss?
Like 7-11... WR's are always open. What fans hate when they get open? Is WR drop rates..
It's @texasag1969 Birthday week.. HB pal ! Would you believe we both logged in here 10 years ago !
Texas A&M WR Ainias Smith has a pair of great catching hands.. 1.9% drop rate
Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft:
• Johnny Wilson: 16.1%
• Javon Baker: 10.6%
• Devontez Walker: 8.5%
• Troy Franklin: 7.3%
• Keon Coleman: 7.2%
• Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%
• Ladd McConkey: 6.3%
• Xavier Worthy: 5.4%
• Malik Nabers: 4.9%
• Xavier Legette: 4.8%
• Rome Odunze: 4.8%
• Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%
• Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%
Ainias Smith: 1.9%
• Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%
coded as DR. more WR draftee details here https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-wr-prospects-pff-grades-big-board-ranks/ bonus stats on contested catches
Browns drop rates last season..
Last yearCoop- 6.2Chief- 9.3Moore- 7.6Bell- 8.3Tillman- 4.6Jeudy- 6.9Good Night of Carolina College Basketball ! ? what'd I miss?
Like 7-11... WR's are always open. What fans hate when they get open? Is WR drop rates..
It's @texasag1969 Birthday week.. HB pal ! Would you believe we both logged in here 10 years ago !
Texas A&M WR Ainias Smith has a pair of great catching hands.. 1.9% drop rate
Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft:
• Johnny Wilson: 16.1%
• Javon Baker: 10.6%
• Devontez Walker: 8.5%
• Troy Franklin: 7.3%
• Keon Coleman: 7.2%
• Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%
• Ladd McConkey: 6.3%
• Xavier Worthy: 5.4%
• Malik Nabers: 4.9%
• Xavier Legette: 4.8%
• Rome Odunze: 4.8%
• Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%
• Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%
Ainias Smith: 1.9%
• Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%
coded as DR. more WR draftee details here https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-wr-prospects-pff-grades-big-board-ranks/ bonus stats on contested catches
Browns drop rates last season..
Last yearCoop- 6.2Chief- 9.3Moore- 7.6Bell- 8.3Tillman- 4.6Jeudy- 6.9I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.
-
Good Night of Carolina College Basketball ! ? what'd I miss?
Like 7-11... WR's are always open. What fans hate when they get open? Is WR drop rates..
It's @texasag1969 Birthday week.. HB pal ! Would you believe we both logged in here 10 years ago !
Texas A&M WR Ainias Smith has a pair of great catching hands.. 1.9% drop rate
Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft:
• Johnny Wilson: 16.1%
• Javon Baker: 10.6%
• Devontez Walker: 8.5%
• Troy Franklin: 7.3%
• Keon Coleman: 7.2%
• Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%
• Ladd McConkey: 6.3%
• Xavier Worthy: 5.4%
• Malik Nabers: 4.9%
• Xavier Legette: 4.8%
• Rome Odunze: 4.8%
• Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%
• Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%
Ainias Smith: 1.9%
• Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%
coded as DR. more WR draftee details here https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-wr-prospects-pff-grades-big-board-ranks/ bonus stats on contested catches
Browns drop rates last season..
Last yearCoop- 6.2Chief- 9.3Moore- 7.6Bell- 8.3Tillman- 4.6Jeudy- 6.9I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.
I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.
How do you pronounce the kid's first name?
I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?
-
I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.
How do you pronounce the kid's first name?
I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?
How do you pronounce the kid's first name?
I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?
They will be now...
-
Rd 2 Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas. 6'4 / 243 lb
Rd 3 Brenden Rice, WR, USC. 6'2 / 208 lb. ( I wanna see who's kid is better in the NFL, Marvin Harrison's or Jerry Rices's)
Rd 3 Brenden Rice, WR, USC. 6'2 / 208 lb. ( I wanna see who's kid is better in the NFL, Marvin Harrison's or Jerry Rices's)
I listed Rice too. It's gonna be very interesting to see which guy has the better NFL career. The only one we have a shot at drafting is Rice. Both Rice and Harrison are bigger than their dads. Without an official stop watch confirming this - Harrison is rumored to be faster than his dad (inclusive of a much bigger wing span). The one thing nobody ever seems to talk about or admire much with Harrison or Rice was their durability perpetuating all their awesome accomplishments.
-
$237 bucks round trip w/bags & we're headed back home to dual birthday party in Detroit.
It only takes one to get to us !
Round 2.. #54
IOL-Cooper Beebe or Christian Hayes..
Bama DE/LB-Chris Braswell or S Tyler Nubin..
DT Kris Jenkins or Michael Hall jr..(pro day, Buck won't get to #85)
ILB Payton Wilson or Junior Colson
Round 3.. #85
RB Jaylen Wright or Braelon Allen
TE Cade Stover or Theo Johnson
T K.Amegadjie or Dominick Puni
DT Maason Smith or Leonard Taylor
-
I've been saying all along that Ainias Smith has great hands which makes him an excellent pick to fill multiple roles besides WR. KO and Punt returner too. Why waste roster space on 3 when you can get them all in one.
How do you pronounce the kid's first name?
I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?
How do you pronounce the kid's first name?
I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?
a e ni ahs
-
How do you pronounce the kid's first name?
I sure do hope the "I"s aren't silent ?
a e ni ahs
a e ni ahs
Don't try this after tailgate parties...
-
@flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)
Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?
I'll start.
Here's a random order of my top 5 guys for round 3:
OG/OT. Isaiah Adams, Illinois 6-4 318 - He was a Team Captain that played LG in 2022 before moving to RT and playing well in 2023.
WR. Brenden Rice, USC 6-3 210 - Scored 12 TDs in 2023 on 45 receptions for 791 yards at 17.6 YPC. Jerry Rice is his dad so I have a good feeling about his work ethic, upside and access to the best tutor possible.
RB. Braelon Allen, Wisconsin 6-2 245 - Oh yes I did! He's only 20 years old. As an 17 year old Freshman in the Big 10 - he rushed for 1268 yards while averaging 6.8 yards per carry and scoring 12 rushing TDs. 1 year later, he ran for 1242 yards at 5.4 YPC and scoring 11 TDs. As a 19 year old he only played 11 games and rushed for 984 yards with the 5.4 YPC average again scoring 12 TDs on the ground again. It says he'll only be 20 years old for his entire rookie season.
LB. Jaylan Ford, Texas 6-2 235 - Made 119 Tackles with 10 TFL as a junior and 101 Tackles with 10.5 TFL as a senior. Projected as a 3 down LBer at the next level with 6 INTs and 4 PBU over the last 2 years.
SAFETY. Jaden Hicks, Washington State 6-3 212 -76 Tackles in 2022 and 79 Tackles in 2023 with 6 TFL and 2.5 sacks.
LB. Jaylan Ford, Texas 6-2 235 - Made 119 Tackles with 10 TFL as a junior and 101 Tackles with 10.5 TFL as a senior. Projected as a 3 down LBer at the next level with 6 INTs and 4 PBU over the last 2 years.
Ford's tape matches his numbers. Interested to see if GM's group Ford with bucks Tommy E or UNC Cedric Grey's round projections of 4th round. Good find Flug's !
-
LB. Jaylan Ford, Texas 6-2 235 - Made 119 Tackles with 10 TFL as a junior and 101 Tackles with 10.5 TFL as a senior. Projected as a 3 down LBer at the next level with 6 INTs and 4 PBU over the last 2 years.
Ford's tape matches his numbers. Interested to see if GM's group Ford with bucks Tommy E or UNC Cedric Grey's round projections of 4th round. Good find Flug's !
Ford's tape matches his numbers. Interested to see if GM's group Ford with bucks Tommy E or UNC Cedric Grey's round projections of 4th round. Good find Flug's !
Thanks Gumbs! One thing I like about Lindy's Draft Mag is they listed him as an ILB where the Athlon Draft mag just lists all LBers (but shows their stats for all years played, which I really like).
I was deciding between between Colson and him. Colson is actually rated higher. Lindy's projects Colson in round 2 and Athlon projects him in round 3 where they project him as their 3rd highest rated LB and Ford as their 5th highest rated LB. I leaned the way I did because of the 6 INTs from Ford the last 2 years and none from Colson. Also, I factored in that I put Payton Wilson my list of 5 favorite prospects for 2nd round. These 2 rounds I made sure we had an OLB and and ILB and both being good in coverage.
Both Ford and Colson were blessed with terrific DTs in front of them to make their lives against the run easier.
You mentioned UNC's Cedric Gray - Lindy's top rated ILB is Cedric Gray with a projection of rd 1-2 while Athlon (rating all the LBers together) lists him as their 4th highest rated LB with a rd 3 projection.
The variance of ratings and projections make this a little challenging but it's fun getting more familiar with what they've done and what they can offer teams in the draft.
-
The nice thing about watching Colson, which I still need to get back to Dutch on, is that there's all-22 available from a couple UM games this season.
So out of curiosity I'm wondering why the media hype for JJ McCarthy because, uhh, the first round abilities just aren't self evident.
-
The nice thing about watching Colson, which I still need to get back to Dutch on, is that there's all-22 available from a couple UM games this season.
So out of curiosity I'm wondering why the media hype for JJ McCarthy because, uhh, the first round abilities just aren't self evident.
The nice thing about watching Colson, which I still need to get back to Dutch on, is that there's all-22 available from a couple UM games this season.
So out of curiosity I'm wondering why the media hype for JJ McCarthy because, uhh, the first round abilities just aren't self evident.
It's crazy how fast JJ has been shooting up draft boards. I've seen him mocked 3 or 4 overall.
He absolutely has throws that showcase his talent, just not a lot of them because we didn't need them.
I think teams are really falling for the intangibles too.
But a lower sample size still limits scouting reliability at already a not reliable position.
Will be interesting to see if the draft buzz is smoke and mirrors or if it'll stick.
-
The nice thing about watching Colson, which I still need to get back to Dutch on, is that there's all-22 available from a couple UM games this season.
So out of curiosity I'm wondering why the media hype for JJ McCarthy because, uhh, the first round abilities just aren't self evident.
It's crazy how fast JJ has been shooting up draft boards. I've seen him mocked 3 or 4 overall.
He absolutely has throws that showcase his talent, just not a lot of them because we didn't need them.
I think teams are really falling for the intangibles too.
But a lower sample size still limits scouting reliability at already a not reliable position.
Will be interesting to see if the draft buzz is smoke and mirrors or if it'll stick.
It's crazy how fast JJ has been shooting up draft boards. I've seen him mocked 3 or 4 overall.
He absolutely has throws that showcase his talent, just not a lot of them because we didn't need them.
I think teams are really falling for the intangibles too.
But a lower sample size still limits scouting reliability at already a not reliable position.
Will be interesting to see if the draft buzz is smoke and mirrors or if it'll stick.
He seems a decent kid, despite the corny ass goalpost "meditation" and he was the QB on a national championship squad. So that will also get you looks.
It isn't so much his throws, as it was his decision making. 50/50. And the UM coaching staff was very intent on taking the ball out of his hands at times. On one side, I understand and JJ did what was asked of him. On the other side, there were quite a lot of times the offense failed to function when it ran through the QB.
Not so much what I *am* seeing, as what I *am not* seeing. The problem is overvaluing the prospect.
JJ is no better a prospect than Will Levis and he fell out of the first round entirely.
I often wonder how much of these stories are cooked up by GMs and front offices that "lesser" GMs eat up and end with making a reality out of said hype.
-
Ford's tape matches his numbers. Interested to see if GM's group Ford with bucks Tommy E or UNC Cedric Grey's round projections of 4th round. Good find Flug's !
Thanks Gumbs! One thing I like about Lindy's Draft Mag is they listed him as an ILB where the Athlon Draft mag just lists all LBers (but shows their stats for all years played, which I really like).
I was deciding between between Colson and him. Colson is actually rated higher. Lindy's projects Colson in round 2 and Athlon projects him in round 3 where they project him as their 3rd highest rated LB and Ford as their 5th highest rated LB. I leaned the way I did because of the 6 INTs from Ford the last 2 years and none from Colson. Also, I factored in that I put Payton Wilson my list of 5 favorite prospects for 2nd round. These 2 rounds I made sure we had an OLB and and ILB and both being good in coverage.
Both Ford and Colson were blessed with terrific DTs in front of them to make their lives against the run easier.
You mentioned UNC's Cedric Gray - Lindy's top rated ILB is Cedric Gray with a projection of rd 1-2 while Athlon (rating all the LBers together) lists him as their 4th highest rated LB with a rd 3 projection.
The variance of ratings and projections make this a little challenging but it's fun getting more familiar with what they've done and what they can offer teams in the draft.
Thanks Gumbs! One thing I like about Lindy's Draft Mag is they listed him as an ILB where the Athlon Draft mag just lists all LBers (but shows their stats for all years played, which I really like).
I was deciding between between Colson and him. Colson is actually rated higher. Lindy's projects Colson in round 2 and Athlon projects him in round 3 where they project him as their 3rd highest rated LB and Ford as their 5th highest rated LB. I leaned the way I did because of the 6 INTs from Ford the last 2 years and none from Colson. Also, I factored in that I put Payton Wilson my list of 5 favorite prospects for 2nd round. These 2 rounds I made sure we had an OLB and and ILB and both being good in coverage.
Both Ford and Colson were blessed with terrific DTs in front of them to make their lives against the run easier.
You mentioned UNC's Cedric Gray - Lindy's top rated ILB is Cedric Gray with a projection of rd 1-2 while Athlon (rating all the LBers together) lists him as their 4th highest rated LB with a rd 3 projection.
The variance of ratings and projections make this a little challenging but it's fun getting more familiar with what they've done and what they can offer teams in the draft.
I like the idea of Colson being a good complement to JOK, which is why I'm intrigued by him.
-
The nice thing about watching Colson, which I still need to get back to Dutch on, is that there's all-22 available from a couple UM games this season.
So out of curiosity I'm wondering why the media hype for JJ McCarthy because, uhh, the first round abilities just aren't self evident.
The nice thing about watching Colson, which I still need to get back to Dutch on, is that there's all-22 available from a couple UM games this season.
So out of curiosity I'm wondering why the media hype for JJ McCarthy because, uhh, the first round abilities just aren't self evident.
Got any connections to Connor Stalions?
Oh wait... he wouldn't have a ton of scouting videos for his team....
-
It's crazy how fast JJ has been shooting up draft boards. I've seen him mocked 3 or 4 overall.
He absolutely has throws that showcase his talent, just not a lot of them because we didn't need them.
I think teams are really falling for the intangibles too.
But a lower sample size still limits scouting reliability at already a not reliable position.
Will be interesting to see if the draft buzz is smoke and mirrors or if it'll stick.
He seems a decent kid, despite the corny ass goalpost "meditation" and he was the QB on a national championship squad. So that will also get you looks.
It isn't so much his throws, as it was his decision making. 50/50. And the UM coaching staff was very intent on taking the ball out of his hands at times. On one side, I understand and JJ did what was asked of him. On the other side, there were quite a lot of times the offense failed to function when it ran through the QB.
Not so much what I *am* seeing, as what I *am not* seeing. The problem is overvaluing the prospect.
JJ is no better a prospect than Will Levis and he fell out of the first round entirely.
I often wonder how much of these stories are cooked up by GMs and front offices that "lesser" GMs eat up and end with making a reality out of said hype.
He seems a decent kid, despite the corny ass goalpost "meditation" and he was the QB on a national championship squad. So that will also get you looks.
It isn't so much his throws, as it was his decision making. 50/50. And the UM coaching staff was very intent on taking the ball out of his hands at times. On one side, I understand and JJ did what was asked of him. On the other side, there were quite a lot of times the offense failed to function when it ran through the QB.
Not so much what I *am* seeing, as what I *am not* seeing. The problem is overvaluing the prospect.
JJ is no better a prospect than Will Levis and he fell out of the first round entirely.
I often wonder how much of these stories are cooked up by GMs and front offices that "lesser" GMs eat up and end with making a reality out of said hype.
Yep, it's the silly season and only the dumbest fall for the fake outs.
-
Ford's tape matches his numbers. Interested to see if GM's group Ford with bucks Tommy E or UNC Cedric Grey's round projections of 4th round. Good find Flug's !
Thanks Gumbs! One thing I like about Lindy's Draft Mag is they listed him as an ILB where the Athlon Draft mag just lists all LBers (but shows their stats for all years played, which I really like).
I was deciding between between Colson and him. Colson is actually rated higher. Lindy's projects Colson in round 2 and Athlon projects him in round 3 where they project him as their 3rd highest rated LB and Ford as their 5th highest rated LB. I leaned the way I did because of the 6 INTs from Ford the last 2 years and none from Colson. Also, I factored in that I put Payton Wilson my list of 5 favorite prospects for 2nd round. These 2 rounds I made sure we had an OLB and and ILB and both being good in coverage.
Both Ford and Colson were blessed with terrific DTs in front of them to make their lives against the run easier.
You mentioned UNC's Cedric Gray - Lindy's top rated ILB is Cedric Gray with a projection of rd 1-2 while Athlon (rating all the LBers together) lists him as their 4th highest rated LB with a rd 3 projection.
The variance of ratings and projections make this a little challenging but it's fun getting more familiar with what they've done and what they can offer teams in the draft.
The variance of ratings and projections make this a little challenging but it's fun getting more familiar with what they've done and what they can offer teams in the draft.
can't remember a year where Walter's, ESPN, Pff & the mock draft database, have draftees round/prospect projections differing this much, a month from the draft. Good point sir.. Some of Kiper's bpa on board, could get passed on by a full round
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login