Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects
-
As I was figuring out my mock draft, I originally had Braden Fiske, DT from Florida State on it.
Just saw a video from the Combine of the 300lber running his 40 in 4.78 seconds.
-
NFL Draft profile: Purdue football and Decatur Central running back Tyrone Tracy Jr.
Scott Horner
Indianapolis Star0:471:29
Tyrone Tracy Jr. has been invited to the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine to be held Feb. 29-March 3 in Indianapolis.
The Decatur Central High School and Purdue offensive weapon is one of 29 invited running backs. Eighteen running backs were selected in the 2023 NFL Draft.
Tracy left his mark on the Decatur Central record books, earning Gatorade Player of the Year honors in Indiana as a senior in the fall of 2017. He finished his career with 6,924 yards of total offense, including a senior season that saw him rush for 1,412 yards and 13 touchdowns and catch 54 passes for 1,132 yards and 16 TDs.
Tyrone Tracy's story:Plan A is NFL dream. Path from Iowa to Purdue a reminder to have Plan B.
Tyrone Tracy Jr. NFL Draft profile
Age: 24
Height: 5-11
Weight: 201 pounds
Strengths: Versatility with plenty of experience at running back and wide receiver; loose hips and wide base allow sharp cuts and change of direction.
Weaknesses: Doesn't have home run speed; still learning to run with discipline to the play design.
From NFL.com's Lance Zierlein: Tracy was a full-time running back for only one year but had exciting flashes all over his tape. He’s a bendy, rhythmic runner who sees and traverses the interior run lanes like he built the maze. He creates additional yardage with a blend of elusiveness, power and a willful desire to maximize each run, but he will need to curb his eagerness to bounce runs wide when it’s time to finish and move to the next snap. While he’s still honing his skills as a runner, his ability to handle gadget runs and threaten linebackers out of the backfield could get him on the field early on. Tracy will be an older rookie, but his versatility and burgeoning talent as a complementary runner should open evaluators’ eyes to what he could become as a pro.
From NFL Draft Diamonds: He shows good vision as he finds the open hole on zone runs and exhibits solid patience as he waits for the block to be set up on power runs. On inside runs, he exhibits average burst through the hole and does a solid job of finishing the run by falling forward for extra yardage. ... As a receiver in the passing game, he runs mainly swing routes with an occasional seam route. He tracks the ball well in the air and adjusts his body to the underthrown pass. He shows solid hands as he makes the catch with his hands close to his body. He exhibits above-average competitive toughness both physically while in pass pro and mentally as he doesn’t shy away from contact and is reliable on the goal line.
Tyrone Tracy Jr. stats
Tracy was a wide receiver at Iowa and primarily a running back at Purdue. He also returned kickoffs for the Boilermakers in 2023 (16 returns, 25.5-yard average, 1 touchdown).
Year School Rush yds. Rec. yds. TDs 2018 Iowa -1 22 0 2019 Iowa 39 589 4 2020 Iowa 22 154 1 2021 Iowa 33 106 2 2022 Purdue 138 198 0 2023 Purdue 716 132 9 Tyrone Tracy Jr. highlights
?si=I0VnFV03Lw0r9Psy" rel="external nofollow">
he caught my eye durung the Duce Staley drill. he is a hard worker and i hear he interviewed well, But he ends up in pittsburgh LOL hope not -
As I was figuring out my mock draft, I originally had Braden Fiske, DT from Florida State on it.
Just saw a video from the Combine of the 300lber running his 40 in 4.78 seconds.
As I was figuring out my mock draft, I originally had Braden Fiske, DT from Florida State on it.
Just saw a video from the Combine of the 300lber running his 40 in 4.78 seconds.
That's the problem facing these GM's in this draft. The Athletic freak list is off the charts w/this draft class.. BUT What ________ does lining up vs. NFL prepared players is a much harder evaluation.
Braden Fiske's high motor skills gives me scary flashbacks of Taven Bryan getting drafted to high by the Jags. Built a good 3 year stat line playing in the MAC at W.Mich. Stats were cut in half after transferring to ACC at FSU in final college season. Fiske still finished w/6 sacks in the ACC, and I like his counter moves better than T. Bryan
ACC viewings...The U.. DT Leonard Taylor lll ? He can be plain nasty in 2 plays & just plain lazy the next 2.. Many boards have LT in our drafting range in 2nd or 3rd round. Sporting News has LT ranked in Top 40.
Check out Taylor's injury history... THE BAD-- 2023 surgery to repair glenoid labrum (ya don't say?)
https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-miami-fl-dl-leonard-taylor-iii/
Does Berry chase a rookie DT in 2nd or 3rd? stay tuned
-
Alright boys... I picked up a trusty Lindy's Draft Guide this morning at the local grocery store, so let me throw out a mock draft. I channeled my inner Andrew Berry and traded down from the 2nd round pick to the 3rd round, picking up a 4th for my troubles.
3rd Round: DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson. 6'4", 290lbs. Very good pass rusher from inside, needs polish vs run game.
3rd Round: Safety Cole Bishop, Utah. 6'2", 209lbs. Rangy safety better vs pass than run.
4th Round: TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4", 251lbs. Solid as a receiver and a blocker.
5th Round: OG Sataoa Laumea, Utah. 6'4", 311lbs. Experienced, 44 college starts. Speed over power.
6th Round: OT Julian Pearl, Illinois. 6'6", 315lbs. Very good athlete, but raw.
7th Round: ILB Nathaniel Watson, Mississippi State. 6'2", 247lbs. Stout vs the run, limited athlete.
Sometimes a mock draft kind of falls into your lap, where need meets value, but this one took a while to flesh out. Still, I feel like I addressed needs with decent players.
Alright boys... I picked up a trusty Lindy's Draft Guide this morning at the local grocery store, so let me throw out a mock draft. I channeled my inner Andrew Berry and traded down from the 2nd round pick to the 3rd round, picking up a 4th for my troubles.
3rd Round: DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson. 6'4", 290lbs. Very good pass rusher from inside, needs polish vs run game.
3rd Round: Safety Cole Bishop, Utah. 6'2", 209lbs. Rangy safety better vs pass than run.
4th Round: TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4", 251lbs. Solid as a receiver and a blocker.
5th Round: OG Sataoa Laumea, Utah. 6'4", 311lbs. Experienced, 44 college starts. Speed over power.
6th Round: OT Julian Pearl, Illinois. 6'6", 315lbs. Very good athlete, but raw.
7th Round: ILB Nathaniel Watson, Mississippi State. 6'2", 247lbs. Stout vs the run, limited athlete.
Sometimes a mock draft kind of falls into your lap, where need meets value, but this one took a while to flesh out. Still, I feel like I addressed needs with decent players.
Nice work! The guys in bold above from rounds 3-5 nail some big needs as do your last 2 guys. You may get some feedback from guys wanting a LBer 1st - but we'll have to wait and see who is available at pick #54.
-
Alright boys... I picked up a trusty Lindy's Draft Guide this morning at the local grocery store, so let me throw out a mock draft. I channeled my inner Andrew Berry and traded down from the 2nd round pick to the 3rd round, picking up a 4th for my troubles.
3rd Round: DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson. 6'4", 290lbs. Very good pass rusher from inside, needs polish vs run game.
3rd Round: Safety Cole Bishop, Utah. 6'2", 209lbs. Rangy safety better vs pass than run.
4th Round: TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4", 251lbs. Solid as a receiver and a blocker.
5th Round: OG Sataoa Laumea, Utah. 6'4", 311lbs. Experienced, 44 college starts. Speed over power.
6th Round: OT Julian Pearl, Illinois. 6'6", 315lbs. Very good athlete, but raw.
7th Round: ILB Nathaniel Watson, Mississippi State. 6'2", 247lbs. Stout vs the run, limited athlete.
Sometimes a mock draft kind of falls into your lap, where need meets value, but this one took a while to flesh out. Still, I feel like I addressed needs with decent players.
Nice work! The guys in bold above from rounds 3-5 nail some big needs as do your last 2 guys. You may get some feedback from guys wanting a LBer 1st - but we'll have to wait and see who is available at pick #54.
Nice work! The guys in bold above from rounds 3-5 nail some big needs as do your last 2 guys. You may get some feedback from guys wanting a LBer 1st - but we'll have to wait and see who is available at pick #54.
I wanted the kid from The Cheaters Up North, but Colson was predicted to be a 2nd round pick, and that went out the window when I traded down. Almost took Ohio State's Tommy Eichenberg, but I wanted Cade Stover more and didn't want to get all OSU homer on my mock... then I realized that somehow I mocked us getting two Utah Utes.
TWO UTES!
-
Nice work! The guys in bold above from rounds 3-5 nail some big needs as do your last 2 guys. You may get some feedback from guys wanting a LBer 1st - but we'll have to wait and see who is available at pick #54.
I wanted the kid from The Cheaters Up North, but Colson was predicted to be a 2nd round pick, and that went out the window when I traded down. Almost took Ohio State's Tommy Eichenberg, but I wanted Cade Stover more and didn't want to get all OSU homer on my mock... then I realized that somehow I mocked us getting two Utah Utes.
TWO UTES!
I wanted the kid from The Cheaters Up North, but Colson was predicted to be a 2nd round pick, and that went out the window when I traded down. Almost took Ohio State's Tommy Eichenberg, but I wanted Cade Stover more and didn't want to get all OSU homer on my mock... then I realized that somehow I mocked us getting two Utah Utes.
TWO UTES!
Mr Gambini gives that a 2 thumbs up. As for the exchange value on the trade I'll rate it right up there with this exchange from a movie: Dr. Julian Mercer: Look who's answering the door. Harry Sanborn: And look who's at the door.
-
@gumby73 it's your thread, so I have to ask, is there where you'd like pre-draft assessments given? I really don't have time to create or manage my own thread. So I'll pop in specifically for only the position groups and players I'm looking at (LB, IDL, IOL)
-
to my point about Sweat - the Browns pick 54th, so.... I don't believe the Browns could muster up enough to trade high enough, even if Sweat falls a ways.
35. Arizona Cardinals
-
@gumby73 it's your thread, so I have to ask, is there where you'd like pre-draft assessments given? I really don't have time to create or manage my own thread. So I'll pop in specifically for only the position groups and players I'm looking at (LB, IDL, IOL)
@gumby73 it's your thread, so I have to ask, is there(this) where you'd like pre-draft assessments given?
Tia, that would be outstanding ! Most football junkie's here, enjoy your qualified/background of the game and position group assessments .
I really don't have time to create or manage my own thread.
At your leisure, working 11 hours days myself. My limited 2 hours of time on here looks for ball talk. pass on BS
So I'll pop in specifically for only the position groups and players I'm looking at (LB, IDL, IOL)
Easy topic edit change. ^ ^
Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects... is now open to any BB member. 1k views.. bring'em
-
@gumby73 it's your thread, so I have to ask, is there(this) where you'd like pre-draft assessments given?
Tia, that would be outstanding ! Most football junkie's here, enjoy your qualified/background of the game and position group assessments .
I really don't have time to create or manage my own thread.
At your leisure, working 11 hours days myself. My limited 2 hours of time on here looks for ball talk. pass on BS
So I'll pop in specifically for only the position groups and players I'm looking at (LB, IDL, IOL)
Easy topic edit change. ^ ^
Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects... is now open to any BB member. 1k views.. bring'em
Easy topic edit change. ^ ^
Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects... is now open to any BB member. 1k views.. bring'em
I just had a Telepathic Interception on its way to a Pick 6 so this is The Calfox 20/20 Mock draft:
Remember: Wide Receivers are the priority in a passing era!
2nd Round: Malachi Corley, WR Western Kentucky - Trust me - he's a great one! The 9 year old girl next-door told me I needed to watch him. I did more than that. I watched him play an entire quarter of football in 2023. Just 1 look is all it tooksies...
3rd Round: Michael Pratt, QB Tulane - 1st - he's white just like Flacco. 2nd - I haven't been this sure about a QB coming out of nowhere since I assured everyone Charlie Frye winning Senior Bowl MVP was no fluke - and he was ready to change everything in Cleveland. Furthermore, I was right and everyone was wrong when I assured them Josh Allen was going to be way better than Baker Mayfield. There's at least 500 posts you can go back and archive from me about that...
5th Round: Malik Washington, WR Virginia - He's not that tall at 5-8 but he weighs 194lbs. That's a lot of muscle all twitched up to be tapped. The hear-say gitchy, gitchy-goo about this kid is off the charts.
6th Round: Jha'Quan Jackson, WR Tulane - The name kind of makes him sound like we'd be sharing him with a gang - I wish he was white. That said - it's all about winning; which is exactly what he and the QB Michael Pratt (above) did together at Tulane. Getting both of these guys = instant chemistry.
7th Round: Drake Stoops, WR Oklahoma - Um, he's Bob Stoops' kid so even Tiamsies will agree with me on this one. Not only that, he's white like Brian Brennan and Gary Collins. We need some guys with brain cells on speaking terms out there.
-
Easy topic edit change. ^ ^
Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects... is now open to any BB member. 1k views.. bring'em
I just had a Telepathic Interception on its way to a Pick 6 so this is The Calfox 20/20 Mock draft:
Remember: Wide Receivers are the priority in a passing era!
2nd Round: Malachi Corley, WR Western Kentucky - Trust me - he's a great one! The 9 year old girl next-door told me I needed to watch him. I did more than that. I watched him play an entire quarter of football in 2023. Just 1 look is all it tooksies...
3rd Round: Michael Pratt, QB Tulane - 1st - he's white just like Flacco. 2nd - I haven't been this sure about a QB coming out of nowhere since I assured everyone Charlie Frye winning Senior Bowl MVP was no fluke - and he was ready to change everything in Cleveland. Furthermore, I was right and everyone was wrong when I assured them Josh Allen was going to be way better than Baker Mayfield. There's at least 500 posts you can go back and archive from me about that...
5th Round: Malik Washington, WR Virginia - He's not that tall at 5-8 but he weighs 194lbs. That's a lot of muscle all twitched up to be tapped. The hear-say gitchy, gitchy-goo about this kid is off the charts.
6th Round: Jha'Quan Jackson, WR Tulane - The name kind of makes him sound like we'd be sharing him with a gang - I wish he was white. That said - it's all about winning; which is exactly what he and the QB Michael Pratt (above) did together at Tulane. Getting both of these guys = instant chemistry.
7th Round: Drake Stoops, WR Oklahoma - Um, he's Bob Stoops' kid so even Tiamsies will agree with me on this one. Not only that, he's white like Brian Brennan and Gary Collins. We need some guys with brain cells on speaking terms out there.
-
Alright @flugel (or anyone else who would like to participate)...
Your assignment is to come up with your five favorite (and realistic) choices for the Browns second round pick. Take your draft guide and get crack-a-lackin' on it. I'll do the same.
-
Alright @flugel (or anyone else who would like to participate)...
Your assignment is to come up with your five favorite (and realistic) choices for the Browns second round pick. Take your draft guide and get crack-a-lackin' on it. I'll do the same.
Your assignment is to come up with your five favorite (and realistic) choices for the Browns second round pick..
5 ain't easy
2nd roundDL | TexasDL | Florida StateMay take a small trade up..^^ -
I'm out of reactions right now, (that Winston thread is the gift that keeps on giving) but good job gumby!
But with Sweat, do the Browns really need another massive IDL, since they took Ika last draft?
-
Alright @flugel (or anyone else who would like to participate)...
Your assignment is to come up with your five favorite (and realistic) choices for the Browns second round pick. Take your draft guide and get crack-a-lackin' on it. I'll do the same.
Alright @flugel (or anyone else who would like to participate)...
Your assignment is to come up with your five favorite (and realistic) choices for the Browns second round pick. Take your draft guide and get crack-a-lackin' on it. I'll do the same.
Great idea Dutch! Before I start - make sure we keep in mind this is pick #54 (meaning it's only 10 picks away from round 3 so guys like Sweat, Harrison, Trotter, etc are out of reach):
In random order:
Troy Franklin, WR Oregon 6-3 187lbs - 81 rec 1383 yards 14 TDs in 2023 and 61 rec 891 yards 9 TDs in 2022
Brandon Dorlus, DT/DE Oregon 6-3 290lbs - Can play inside or outside like a Poor Man's Richard Seymore and productive at both.
Cooper Beebe, OIL Kansas state 6-4 335lbs - Ferocious 4 year starter with great technique and polished fundamentals. Experience at Guard and Tackle on both sides. Only in the football sense - he warms my groins...
Tyler Nubin, S Minnesota 6-2 210lbs - 4 year starter. Can play free safety or strong safety. The last 3 of his 4 years starting he ranged from 52-55 tackles. GREAT open-field tackler with 9 INTs 7 PBUs in the last 2 years and I love his frame almost as much as his football IQ. If gone, Calen Bullock, 6-3 USC 190lbs - 63 tackles 2 INTs 7 PBU in 2023 and 48 tackles 5 INTs 5 PBU
Payton Wilson LB NC State 6-4 238lbs Great instincts, deceptive speed, good pass defender, great combine workout, 138 tackles and 6 INTs in 2023. Biggest concern is he's had some serious injuries in the past but not recent.
-
Your assignment is to come up with your five favorite (and realistic) choices for the Browns second round pick..
5 ain't easy
2nd roundDL | TexasDL | Florida StateMay take a small trade up..^^5 ain't easy
2nd roundDL | TexasDL | Florida StateMay take a small trade up..^^Nice job Gumbs! I'd LOVE Sweat at 54 but I feel like that would count on a lot of teams in front of us to be sound asleep at the wheel. Like your thinking on Nubin - I was doing mine while you did yours.
I mentioned 1-2 weeks ago somewhere I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted RB Braelon Allen (or someone equivalent) in this draft since Chubb's work load will probably be restricted.
-
Nice list of prospects Flugel... I waited until I did mine before really looking at your and gumby's list, didn't want to get influenced. We have different players but exactly the same positions picked ?
I ended up with six guys, could have had damn near twice that.
-
WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.
TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.
C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.
DT Maason Smith, LSU. 6'6, 315. Top run stopper in DT class, has potential as pass rusher too.
LB Junior Colson, TCUN. 6'3, 247. Probably my favorite 2nd round prospect, honestly. Great run defender perfect complement to JOK.
S Kamren Kinchens, Miami. 5'11, 205. Thumper AND ballhawk.
-
I'm out of reactions right now, (that Winston thread is the gift that keeps on giving) but good job gumby!
But with Sweat, do the Browns really need another massive IDL, since they took Ika last draft?
But with Sweat, do the Browns really need another massive IDL, since they took Ika last draft?
Jim Schwartz knows more about Ika's game translating into the nfl, than we've seen of Ika. Ika's his only competition in the 330 lb. DT weight class on the roster. They chose to bring in 3 tech's Jefferson, w/returning Harris & Hurst.
Tomlinson/ Sweat/ Jefferson/ Hurst .. ? camp battle Harris vs Ika for 5th DT ?
Nice job Gumbs! I'd LOVE Sweat at 54 but I feel like that would count on a lot of teams in front of us to be sound asleep at the wheel. Like your thinking on Nubin - I was doing mine while you did yours.
They still haven't addressed the need at Safety after Thornhill & Delpit. 3 likes they haven't brought back
MCLEOD JR., RODNEY UFA
he wasn't bad before injury
-
WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.
TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.
C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.
DT Maason Smith, LSU. 6'6, 315. Top run stopper in DT class, has potential as pass rusher too.
LB Junior Colson, TCUN. 6'3, 247. Probably my favorite 2nd round prospect, honestly. Great run defender perfect complement to JOK.
S Kamren Kinchens, Miami. 5'11, 205. Thumper AND ballhawk.
WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.
C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.
Hold up now ! Where does your drafting mag have these 2 rated? near rating #54 still?
TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.
Ok Bru'tus the Buckeye homer !
Been sitting in my OSU man-cave where the grey carpet has the Buckeye red/white stripe running down the middle of it.. Berry is going to piss both of off because?
TE Cade Stover will be age 24.5 when drafted, meaning Berry won't draft him
(but we share the same thinking on Stover)
damn, i got to cut the grass already ! ? Round 1 !
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login