Skip to content

Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
166 11 6.1k 1
  • I'm out of reactions right now, (that Winston thread is the gift that keeps on giving) but good job gumby! 

    But with Sweat, do the Browns really need another massive IDL, since they took Ika last draft? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    But with Sweat, do the Browns really need another massive IDL, since they took Ika last draft? 

    Jim Schwartz knows more about Ika's game translating into the nfl, than we've seen of Ika. Ika's his only competition in the 330 lb. DT weight class on the roster. They chose to bring in 3 tech's Jefferson, w/returning Harris & Hurst.

    Tomlinson/ Sweat/ Jefferson/ Hurst .. ?    camp battle Harris vs Ika for 5th DT ?  

    @flugel said:

    Nice job Gumbs!  I'd LOVE Sweat at 54 but I feel like that would count on a lot of teams in front of us to be sound asleep at the wheel. Like your thinking on Nubin - I was doing mine while you did yours.  

    They still haven't addressed the need at Safety after Thornhill & Delpit. 3 likes they haven't brought back

    MCLEOD JR., RODNEY UFA

    ✅ he wasn't bad before injury

    HARMON, DURON UFA

    Adams, Matthew UFA

  • WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.

    C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.

    DT Maason Smith, LSU. 6'6, 315. Top run stopper in DT class, has potential as pass rusher too. 

    LB Junior Colson, TCUN. 6'3, 247.  Probably my favorite 2nd round prospect, honestly. Great run defender perfect complement to JOK.

    S Kamren Kinchens, Miami. 5'11, 205. Thumper AND ballhawk. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.

    C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.

    Hold up now ! Where does your drafting mag have these 2 rated?  near rating #54 still?

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.

    Ok Bru'tus the Buckeye homer ! 😉     Been sitting in my OSU man-cave where the grey carpet has the Buckeye red/white stripe running down the middle of it.. Berry is going to piss both of off because?

    TE Cade Stover will be age 24.5 when drafted, meaning Berry won't draft him 😛  (but we share the same thinking on Stover)

    damn, i got to cut the grass already !  ?  Round 1 !  

  •  I don't see the Brownies taking another "larger" shade in that Ika mold...  at least, not early.    You've got 5 IDL on roster right now with Dalvin, Ika, Shelby, Mo and Jefferson.    I could see a late round flyer on IDL, and I can see Dalvin going back to playing more 1tech because he was spotty at times playing that 3.     But that isn't including the subpackage snaps given to Alex Wright when he plays some interior on passing downs as well.   

     You can't rule out anything, but at this rate it really narrows down the field to OL, LB and DB for 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.   If anything, perhaps I'm overlooking edge a bit too much.   Outside of Myles, you've got ZDS who is going to be on a pitch count early, you've got McGuire who will get more minutes, Wright is Wright, and then you've got a DPR with Obgo.  

     So that's 4 position groups that need to be addressed.   Priority is depending on how the front office feels.   If Hicks is looked at as a good plug n play, then I could see it being OL or DB, followed by edge and LB.

    edit:  @texasag1969  You once mentioned some draft publication having Edgerrin Cooper as the 1st LB taken.  I'd like to have a word about that, because two full games in and I ain't seeing what they're saying - which is basically that he's a day 1 starter.   I see a great downhill, straight line speed and a decent motor.   But that's about it.  At what game in the season am I supposed to be impressed? Because I'd like to watch that and get a better feel.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    But with Sweat, do the Browns really need another massive IDL, since they took Ika last draft? 

    Jim Schwartz knows more about Ika's game translating into the nfl, than we've seen of Ika. Ika's his only competition in the 330 lb. DT weight class on the roster. They chose to bring in 3 tech's Jefferson, w/returning Harris & Hurst.

    Tomlinson/ Sweat/ Jefferson/ Hurst .. ?    camp battle Harris vs Ika for 5th DT ?  

    @flugel said:

    Nice job Gumbs!  I'd LOVE Sweat at 54 but I feel like that would count on a lot of teams in front of us to be sound asleep at the wheel. Like your thinking on Nubin - I was doing mine while you did yours.  

    They still haven't addressed the need at Safety after Thornhill & Delpit. 3 likes they haven't brought back

    MCLEOD JR., RODNEY UFA

    ✅ he wasn't bad before injury

    HARMON, DURON UFA

    Adams, Matthew UFA

    @gumby73 said:

    Jim Schwartz knows more about Ika's game translating into the nfl, than we've seen of Ika. Ika's his only competition in the 330 lb. DT weight class on the roster. They chose to bring in 3 tech's Jefferson, w/returning Harris & Hurst.

    Tomlinson/ Sweat/ Jefferson/ Hurst .. ?    camp battle Harris vs Ika for 5th DT ?  

    They still haven't addressed the need at Safety after Thornhill & Delpit. 3 likes they haven't brought back

    MCLEOD JR., RODNEY UFA

    ✅ he wasn't bad before injury

    HARMON, DURON UFA

    Adams, Matthew UFA

    That jumps out at both of us about Safety.  

  • WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.

    C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.

    DT Maason Smith, LSU. 6'6, 315. Top run stopper in DT class, has potential as pass rusher too. 

    LB Junior Colson, TCUN. 6'3, 247.  Probably my favorite 2nd round prospect, honestly. Great run defender perfect complement to JOK.

    S Kamren Kinchens, Miami. 5'11, 205. Thumper AND ballhawk. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.

    C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.

    DT Maason Smith, LSU. 6'6, 315. Top run stopper in DT class, has potential as pass rusher too. 

    LB Junior Colson, TCUN. 6'3, 247.  Probably my favorite 2nd round prospect, honestly. Great run defender perfect complement to JOK.

    S Kamren Kinchens, Miami. 5'11, 205. Thumper AND ballhawk. 

    Great job on that Dutch!  I actually had Jackson Powers-Johnson because I liked the Guard Center thing.  Then I remembered how much I liked Cooper Beebe for his experience at Guard and Tackle so I changed it. He's like a Paul Farren type of value if you remember him back in the 80s. 

    Kinchens is the #1 rated Safety in my draft magazine.  He has 11 INTs in the last 2 years and 59 tackles in each of those seasons. Stover is a great idea especially since we lost Harrison Bryant.  I like your top run stuffer in the DT - that may be the coolest 1st name.  Every time he stuffs a run - you can say "that's Maa son" in chorus with his dad.

    This stuff is fun!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.

    C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.

    Hold up now ! Where does your drafting mag have these 2 rated?  near rating #54 still?

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.

    Ok Bru'tus the Buckeye homer ! 😉     Been sitting in my OSU man-cave where the grey carpet has the Buckeye red/white stripe running down the middle of it.. Berry is going to piss both of off because?

    TE Cade Stover will be age 24.5 when drafted, meaning Berry won't draft him 😛  (but we share the same thinking on Stover)

    damn, i got to cut the grass already !  ?  Round 1 !  

    @gumby73 said:

    Hold up now ! Where does your drafting mag have these 2 rated?  near rating #54 still?

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.

    Ok Bru'tus the Buckeye homer ! 😉     Been sitting in my OSU man-cave where the grey carpet has the Buckeye red/white stripe running down the middle of it.. Berry is going to piss both of off because?

    TE Cade Stover will be age 24.5 when drafted, meaning Berry won't draft him 😛  (but we share the same thinking on Stover)

    damn, i got to cut the grass already !  ?  Round 1 !  

    The magazine (Lindy's) has both Mitchell and Powers-Johnson as second rounders.

    But you got me on Stover, they have him as a third rounder. ? But the "possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class" part made me think, you know, maybe he wouldn't be such a reach here in the second. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas. 6'3, 196. Lightening quick off snap, giving the Browns WR unit more needed speed.

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.

    C/OG Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon. 6'3, 320. Bulldozer in run game. Can play center or guard, giving Browns flexibility in two positions they will need an eventual starter.

    DT Maason Smith, LSU. 6'6, 315. Top run stopper in DT class, has potential as pass rusher too. 

    LB Junior Colson, TCUN. 6'3, 247.  Probably my favorite 2nd round prospect, honestly. Great run defender perfect complement to JOK.

    S Kamren Kinchens, Miami. 5'11, 205. Thumper AND ballhawk. 

    Great job on that Dutch!  I actually had Jackson Powers-Johnson because I liked the Guard Center thing.  Then I remembered how much I liked Cooper Beebe for his experience at Guard and Tackle so I changed it. He's like a Paul Farren type of value if you remember him back in the 80s. 

    Kinchens is the #1 rated Safety in my draft magazine.  He has 11 INTs in the last 2 years and 59 tackles in each of those seasons. Stover is a great idea especially since we lost Harrison Bryant.  I like your top run stuffer in the DT - that may be the coolest 1st name.  Every time he stuffs a run - you can say "that's Maa son" in chorus with his dad.

    This stuff is fun!

    @flugel said:

    Kinchens is the #1 rated Safety in my draft magazine.  He has 11 INTs in the last 2 years and 59 tackles in each of those seasons. Stover is a great idea especially since we lost Harrison Bryant.  I like your top run stuffer in the DT - that my be the coolest 1st name.  Every time he stuffs a run - you can say "that's Maa son" in chorus with his dad.

    This stuff is fun!

    Minnesota's Tyler Nubin is Lindy's #1 rated safety and has a 1st/2nd round grade. Kinchens is their #2, with a second round grade.

    And yes, indeed!

  •  I don't see the Brownies taking another "larger" shade in that Ika mold...  at least, not early.    You've got 5 IDL on roster right now with Dalvin, Ika, Shelby, Mo and Jefferson.    I could see a late round flyer on IDL, and I can see Dalvin going back to playing more 1tech because he was spotty at times playing that 3.     But that isn't including the subpackage snaps given to Alex Wright when he plays some interior on passing downs as well.   

     You can't rule out anything, but at this rate it really narrows down the field to OL, LB and DB for 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.   If anything, perhaps I'm overlooking edge a bit too much.   Outside of Myles, you've got ZDS who is going to be on a pitch count early, you've got McGuire who will get more minutes, Wright is Wright, and then you've got a DPR with Obgo.  

     So that's 4 position groups that need to be addressed.   Priority is depending on how the front office feels.   If Hicks is looked at as a good plug n play, then I could see it being OL or DB, followed by edge and LB.

    edit:  @texasag1969  You once mentioned some draft publication having Edgerrin Cooper as the 1st LB taken.  I'd like to have a word about that, because two full games in and I ain't seeing what they're saying - which is basically that he's a day 1 starter.   I see a great downhill, straight line speed and a decent motor.   But that's about it.  At what game in the season am I supposed to be impressed? Because I'd like to watch that and get a better feel.

    @tiamat63 said:

     edit:  @texasag1969  You once mentioned some draft publication having Edgerrin Cooper as the 1st LB taken.  I'd like to have a word about that, because two full games in and I ain't seeing what they're saying - which is basically that he's a day 1 starter.   I see a great downhill, straight line speed and a decent motor.   But that's about it.  At what game in the season am I supposed to be impressed? Because I'd like to watch that and get a better feel.

    I think this one is a pretty fair overall look at him as a draft pick which is why I think he may still be there for round 3 if we fill a different area round 2. He's teachable and his overall combine score ranked him 1st among LBs. The thing no one seems to take into account is team leadership, something he has that I think will eventually translate well past being a rookie.

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/edgerrin-cooper/3200434f-4f53-5990-fc98-570859860963

  • @gumby73 said:

    Hold up now ! Where does your drafting mag have these 2 rated?  near rating #54 still?

    TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.

    Ok Bru'tus the Buckeye homer ! 😉     Been sitting in my OSU man-cave where the grey carpet has the Buckeye red/white stripe running down the middle of it.. Berry is going to piss both of off because?

    TE Cade Stover will be age 24.5 when drafted, meaning Berry won't draft him 😛  (but we share the same thinking on Stover)

    damn, i got to cut the grass already !  ?  Round 1 !  

    The magazine (Lindy's) has both Mitchell and Powers-Johnson as second rounders.

    But you got me on Stover, they have him as a third rounder. ? But the "possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class" part made me think, you know, maybe he wouldn't be such a reach here in the second. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    But you got me on Stover, they have him as a third rounder. ? But the "possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class" part made me think, you know, maybe he wouldn't be such a reach here in the second. 

    I've seen Buckeyes TE Cade Stover and Virginia WR Malik Washington being gone during the 4th round in mock drafts.

    no Browns 4th round pick as of present

    Our 2nd & 3rd round picks Berry can't miss on

  • @tiamat63 said:

     edit:  @texasag1969  You once mentioned some draft publication having Edgerrin Cooper as the 1st LB taken.  I'd like to have a word about that, because two full games in and I ain't seeing what they're saying - which is basically that he's a day 1 starter.   I see a great downhill, straight line speed and a decent motor.   But that's about it.  At what game in the season am I supposed to be impressed? Because I'd like to watch that and get a better feel.

    I think this one is a pretty fair overall look at him as a draft pick which is why I think he may still be there for round 3 if we fill a different area round 2. He's teachable and his overall combine score ranked him 1st among LBs. The thing no one seems to take into account is team leadership, something he has that I think will eventually translate well past being a rookie.

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/edgerrin-cooper/3200434f-4f53-5990-fc98-570859860963

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think this one is a pretty fair overall look at him as a draft pick which is why I think he may still be there for round 3 if we fill a different area round 2. He's teachable and his overall combine score ranked him 1st among LBs. The thing no one seems to take into account is team leadership, something he has that I think will eventually translate well past being a rookie.

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/edgerrin-cooper/3200434f-4f53-5990-fc98-570859860963

     What boosted his combine score was his 40 time.  There was no shuttle or 3 cone. And downhill, straight line speed as a linebacker is no where near as important as being able to move, start and stop, laterally to recover or pursue.   Combine that with the slower eyes and processing....  I have concerns. 

     And, from the two games I've watched so far, that lack of above average sideline to sideline really stands out. 

     "Leadership" is a cliche' term.  You have to be an elite rookie, contributing immediately, to be a leader.   You have to contribute to be a leader period.    So that's a non-factor in this particular eval. 

  • Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63? 

  • Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63? 

    Not yet.  Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape.  I'll give you my initial impression later. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think this one is a pretty fair overall look at him as a draft pick which is why I think he may still be there for round 3 if we fill a different area round 2. He's teachable and his overall combine score ranked him 1st among LBs. The thing no one seems to take into account is team leadership, something he has that I think will eventually translate well past being a rookie.

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/edgerrin-cooper/3200434f-4f53-5990-fc98-570859860963

     What boosted his combine score was his 40 time.  There was no shuttle or 3 cone. And downhill, straight line speed as a linebacker is no where near as important as being able to move, start and stop, laterally to recover or pursue.   Combine that with the slower eyes and processing....  I have concerns. 

     And, from the two games I've watched so far, that lack of above average sideline to sideline really stands out. 

     "Leadership" is a cliche' term.  You have to be an elite rookie, contributing immediately, to be a leader.   You have to contribute to be a leader period.    So that's a non-factor in this particular eval. 

    @tiamat63 said:

     What boosted his combine score was his 40 time.  There was no shuttle or 3 cone. And downhill, straight line speed as a linebacker is no where near as important as being able to move, start and stop, laterally to recover or pursue.   Combine that with the slower eyes and processing....  I have concerns. 

     And, from the two games I've watched so far, that lack of above average sideline to sideline really stands out. 

     "Leadership" is a cliche' term.  You have to be an elite rookie, contributing immediately, to be a leader.   You have to contribute to be a leader period.    So that's a non-factor in this particular eval. 

    I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63? 

    Not yet.  Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape.  I'll give you my initial impression later. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not yet.  Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape.  I'll give you my initial impression later. 

    He's been my guy I hope we get with the 2nd rounder, I think he'd be a great complement to JOK.

  • When ya hear former gm's, praising the depth of this years class of Offensive Lineman? Our pal Tour, would've needed it's own Topic of 2024 OL prospects. ?

    Prospect X is a term used in finding prospects that fall under the terms of "deepest draft sleeper" (think Drew Forbes, or maybe we shouldn't ?)

    Pro Bowl LG Joel Bitonio was found playing his College football in Nevada. 

    This years Prospect X, maybe playing his College football as a South Dakota State Jackrabbit  ?

    .Projected 5th/6th round. Prospect rating as high as #125, but now at #134. X's PFF score is 87.6 with a RAS score of 9.97

    download.jpg.d227c824ec0c4e68d9bf5ce3100cd9cb.jpg

    Shrine Bowler maybe built out of the same play-doe mold of Joel Bitonio playing at Nevada 😁 ( Oh calm down ! ) Sit a year behind a pro bowler.   

    Here's to finding more game tape of Jack ?   LG #60 Mason McCormick

    It's not the Steelers, but 13-2 Montana played in it's Championship Game

    It's a option after pick #85

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63? 

    Not yet.  Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape.  I'll give you my initial impression later. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not yet.  Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape.  I'll give you my initial impression later. 

    Happy St Patty's Day!  Theme of the day - don't drink and drive; but do drink and post.  Flugel's theme for our draft - Safety 1st!  

  • Rumored Team prospect meetings can't be copy & pasted from this link. But can be viewed here

     https://nfltraderumors.co/2024-nfl-draft-prospect-visit-tracker/

    In progress Pro Day results can be viewed here (load delays)

     https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-pro-day-results/

  • Well Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M had an interview with the Bucs. Maybe I should visit cal over on their website now.?

  • @tiamat63 said:

     What boosted his combine score was his 40 time.  There was no shuttle or 3 cone. And downhill, straight line speed as a linebacker is no where near as important as being able to move, start and stop, laterally to recover or pursue.   Combine that with the slower eyes and processing....  I have concerns. 

     And, from the two games I've watched so far, that lack of above average sideline to sideline really stands out. 

     "Leadership" is a cliche' term.  You have to be an elite rookie, contributing immediately, to be a leader.   You have to contribute to be a leader period.    So that's a non-factor in this particular eval. 

    I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper

     Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss.  Just more of the same. 

     The increase in sacks was interesting.  So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front.   If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.   

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper

     Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss.  Just more of the same. 

     The increase in sacks was interesting.  So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front.   If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.   

    @tiamat63 said:

     Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss.  Just more of the same. 

     The increase in sacks was interesting.  So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front.   If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.  

    Well, it will be interesting to follow how he does as a pro wherever TB takes him.  LOL!?